When you call, mention priority code 14N4-FN75

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone Thunderhorse

Loaded with Gibson BurstBucker pickups with push/pull coil tapping, this Brendon Small axe lets you explore tones from Dethklok-esque metal to classic rock.

"Beautiful masterpiece" submitted August 13, 2013

By Justin M in Richland Center , WI
Musical Background: 12years of metal
Music Style: metal.... what else is there? .... well maybe blues
Overall: This is a great guitar for the cost. Upon opening it I felt like a metal god. I researched this and the Gibson version and there is no difference, You could assume maybe Gibson is hand crafted in the USA. Maybe Epiphone is from somewhere else. I didn't ask questions I just bought one. It plays easy sounds great and stays in tune very well.

"Good bang for your buck" submitted May 19, 2014

By Kevin B in Lomita, CA
Music Style: Punk, Classic Rock, Death Metal, Doom, Stoner Rock
Overall: I've wanted an explorer for about a year now, and when I went to a convention and saw the dethklok get up, they had one of these sitting in there, and I knew I had to have it. I've had it for a month now, came from zzounds, nevada warehouse, shipping was quick, about 2 days I think. I've owned a few epiphone guitars, some what still undecided if I should consider myself a fan or not because I've had mixed feelings about all of them, including this one. When I took the guitar out of the box, and bag, I noticed it had a crack in the binding along the fretboard, and that the fretboard was painted over with some smelly black paint. The tone knobs popped off right away when I was checking out the push pull coil taps, no biggy, easy fix, just a little annoyed about it. It plays really nice though. The grover tuners and gibson burst buckers are indeed legit, which is nice. Tone wise, I like it, It's heavy, it's angry, it's punchy and versatile with the coil taps. The cleans are nice, and running the gun gave me what I expected. The guitar stands out too, people always ask to look at it, which is why I wanted it, it's different from everything else out there. aside form the crack in the binding, I really like it, will I buy it again if mine gets stolen? yea, probably. For the price, I think i got what I paid for considering the epiphone quality. it's a nice guitar.

""Budget Explorer"" submitted June 19, 2014

By Gregg M in Edgerton, OH
Overall
Musical Background: 20 years, giging drummer. Guitar, Bass and Drums.
Music Style: Oldies, Classic Rock, Punk, Blues, Country, Metal.
Sound: Burstbuckers are amazing. The tonal range is from jazz to blues to hard rock and even metal! Feature: The pickups are the most useful feature of this guitar. Ease of Use: Needed set-up out of the box. Quality: Seems very well made. Value: Honestly, if I had to do it all over again I probably wouldn't. At a $600 price point there were some issues I thought could be better. Set-up, Strings, overall playability. If you really want my honest opinion, take $400-500 and buy a low/mid range Ibanez. With this guitar you are ALMOST paying for the "name". I think if I would have bought a Ibanez Destroyer I would have been happier. Manufacturer Support: Never had to use them. The Wow Factor: I was always blown away by the Explorer body style. I mean can you imagine being a kid in 58'-59' and seeing one of these in a guitar shop? MIND BLOWING! The design is over fifty years old and still looks futuristic. Overall: I always wanted an Explorer, and silverburst is one of my all-time favorite finishes so I jumped in. So lets start right off with the "mostly" good.... Its limited edition, (B. Small) which frankly I don't care about. I have never been one to buy into "signature model" marketing. It is Silverburst, but not like I had hoped. It is only done on the front, not on the back/headstock/or neck like a true silverburst should be. It does have coil taps, which work well but seem a bit noisy if I am honest. The build quality seems very good, and the phenolic finger board looks like ebony and plays well. If anyone out there is "nervous" about a "plastic" fretboard, don't be. The technology comes directly from Stienberger (Gibson owned) who have used it for a long time. The finish is flawless with a very deep gloss that doesn't translate well in photographs. The Burst-bucker pickups are amazing! The clean tones that you can get from these (in all positions) will make you cry. Very Les Paul range. When "driven" you can get everything from Thin Lizzy to some really "chunky" metal tones and everything in between. ...and now the bad. Ordering a guitar on-line instead of buying from a shop in person is always a "crap shoot". You are never going to know how well it plays until you have it. Well mine wasn't set up very well. The action was pretty high and it had ALOT of bridge buzz(common with TOM). The guitar is supposed to be set up by Gibson for optimal playing and mine just wasn't. Overall, I am happy with zZounds.

"Not just for metal!" submitted May 31, 2014

By Mike B in Austin, MN
Overall
Musical Background: semi-pro (2-3 gigs per month, some studio work). Been playing 40+ years.
Music Style: Classic rock, electric blues, some hair-metal and prog-rock.
Overall: I picked one up barely used (all stickers, hang tags, extra paraphernalia still present, NO wear evident) for a great price. Being the owner of two other Ltd Ed, Custom Shop Epis, I expected excellent build quality and playability. I was NOT disappointed. The overall quality is excellent, plays great and sounds great. I suspect the only use mine has seen was a pro setup, because I havent had to tweak ANYTHING! Its definitely a looker, and should get a lot of attention. The Burstbuckers really sing, and the coil splits allow me to even get some great SRV, Eric Johnson type of blues sounds. Couldn't be happier!

"t hunderhorse explorer" submitted April 26, 2013

By lee h in blue island, IL
Overall
Musical Background: jam at home play the drums guitar,&trumpet
Music Style: country, blues
Overall: very comfortable easy to use pick ups are responsive
13 of 17 people (76.47%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"EPIPHONE THUNDERHORSE EXPLORER" submitted April 27, 2013

By Mark Brown in Bayonet Point, FL
Overall
Musical Background: 54yr.old dissabled journeyman electrician, on SSI, poverty level, still play out for Benefit&Charity Functions. &Charity
Music Style: All Music Styles! What ever the People want to hear! Rock n Roll Soul Baby!!! I currently own and play two fine old Epiphone Gu
Sound: Dual BurstBucker Pick-Up's-Excellent power & seering tonal qualities! Pull-Pot switching-enables an even wider spectrum of sound's & tonal varieties! easy to use & awsome to play! Go from sweet, to funk, to full on metal with a pull or push of a switch! The Epiphone ThunderHorse Explorer leaves the ponies in the dust! m.t.brown,Fl.34667 Feature: Neck-thru construction, choice tonal-wood's, dual double coil pick ups, push pull dual to single coil pick up switching capability, neck shape, smooth frets, great finish, & quality craftmanship & design! This Axe Rocks! Ease of Use: AAA+ Quality: AAA+ Value: Yes, but, it should be even more affordable for all of us starving, working, genius artist's! Especially in today's economy! Manufacturer Support: Yes, yes, yes, & yes! A++++! The Wow Factor: Totally WOW!!! I MUST POSSESS AN EPIPHONE THUNDERHORSE EXPLORER ELECTRIC GUITAR WITH PUSH-PULL SWITCHING TECHNOLOGY TODAY! IN THE NAME OF "ART"! BRANDON SAID SO! DETHKLOK ROCKS! METALAPOCOLYPSE!!! Overall: Epiphone design's & craft's fine guitar's & they honor their warranties on each & every one these fine insturment's. The Epiphone THUNDERHORSE Explorer is truly a work of art! With "pull-pot" pick-up splitting technology, the "Thunderhorse" enables the artist to wield the most versatile Axe of it's kind! m.t.brown34667,Fl.
12 of 18 people (66.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"What a thing of Beauty" submitted August 3, 2013

By Shaun S in Marine City, MI
Overall
Overall: This may not be the Gibson but man this is one of the Nicer Epi models I have played, out of the box tuned her up and shes ready to go. Almost want to buy another for back up. For the price its going to be tough to beat.

"bests guitars for the metals" submitted June 4, 2013

By Skwisgar S
Musical Background: guitars gods
Music Style: death metal
Overall: This ams the best guitar for METALS in ams world! It has EMG pickup to make the Krank amps sings like grandmas! Woulds be nice if Gibson, but heys,what ams you goings to do?
11 of 27 people (40.74%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 14N4-FN75. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976