When you call, mention priority code 1ZM-M6KD

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone Bonamassa Firebird I

Modeled after Joe Bonamassa's classic '63 Firebird, this axe features a vintage-modeled ProBucker FB720 pickup and authentic neck-thru-body construction.

Overall

"The Treasure is the right name for this Extraordinary Gem" submitted February 24, 2017

By Jim Pearson in Elon, NC
Musical Background: Experienced professional recording artist
Music Style: Classic rock, progressive rock, fusion of new age and blues...
Overall: I own the Vintage Sunburst version of the Joe Bonamassa Treasure Firebird I. I've wanted a Firebird I for quite some time: the only option (until now) has been to buy a Gibson Custom Shop Firebird I or a used original... Both are very high prices for my budget. This new Epiphone model is wonderful: it's so much like the real thing, AND it can be purchased for an extraordinarily low price. Close your eyes and play, it feels almost like the real thing (Yes, I've played one: the difference being mostly lacquer on Gibson and Poly on Epiphone). Open your eyes and put it on your favorite playing chair and look at it from a few feet away. Other than the Epiphone logo, it is hauntingly like the real thing. I love mine enough that I spent time taking pictures and writing a review here: http://theguitarreview.com/2017/02/13/superbird-epiphone-joe-bonamassa-firebird-treasure-first-review/ Enjoy your playing! Jim

"Firebird 1 Polymist Gold" submitted January 21, 2017

By Douglas K in Oakley, CA
Overall
Musical Background: 40+ years, all styles all stringed instruments.
Music Style: Rock Blues Jazz classical ragtime originals
Overall: Received the guitar just days before the concert, Joe signed it for me. The guitar is everything they say in the specs! It came with a FULL setup, ready to play. The neck was fully rolled and very comfortable, good balance (no "dive" issue). Plugged in, the pup is very expressive, solo can be heard with nuance and clarity. Feels good in the hands. The Hard case is as good as any I have seen - buy it!

"Great value and great guitar" submitted April 1, 2017

By Ben I in Phoenix, AZ
Musical Background: Played guitar for 22 years, hardcore Les Paul addict
Music Style: doom, sludge, death metal, outlaw country
Overall: I bought this from zZounds a couple of months ago. it did require a slight action adjustment, but it sounds amazing. I play doom and sludge metal and the lower output humbucker it comes with is very articulate and expressive. I have mine tuned to C Standard and never had any feedback issues due to intonation. The banjo tuners are a little sensitive to someone whom is used to traditional guitar tuners. Clean tones have a Tele-like quality and dirty has sustain for days. Epiphone is definitely rivaling Gibson in build quality now. Might get another one for backup and to mod.

"Great Value" submitted April 8, 2017

By dan v in capitola, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing for 50 years, own seven guitars, a bass, and 5 amps
Music Style: blues, rock and roll, reggae, original
Overall: Always wanted one since Clapton played one (Gibson) late in Cream's career. They look cool and have a unique sound. This is a LOT of guitar for 8 bills and mine came perfectly packed and beautifully set up by zZounds. Mine does have neck dive issues, though, so it can be tiring to play while standing because your entire left arm is recruited to hold the guitar in a playable position. I use a 4" strap and it's still diving, might have to buy one of those counter-weighted straps. The fretboard seems quite spacious and it's fun to play!

"EXCELLENT VALUE !!!!!!" submitted April 20, 2017

By Rodger E in nazareth, PA
Music Style: United States
Overall: I just received my new Firebird today!!!!! I COULD NOT BE ANY MORE HAPPIER than i am right now!!! This thing is AMAZING and its selling out FAST EVERYWHERE!!!!! If ya want one of these babies ya better not wait any longer!!!!! I own a Gibson 2016 Firebird and i would say this Epiphone plays better than the Gibson that cost lot more!!!! Thank you to zZounds for the great service and super fast shipping!!!

"Great guitar, great service!" submitted March 21, 2017

By Phil M in Chicago, IL
Overall
Overall: This guitar is really well made. It feels solid, looks sharp, and feels great to play. Build quality is top rate!

"Supreme Reissue" submitted February 10, 2017

By Mario V in Miami, FL
Musical Background: 40/Guitar/Jam at home
Music Style: Classic Rock and Blues
Overall: I can not believe the quality and sound comping out of this guitar...perhaps other guitar players should do like Joe. I just putted down to write the review.

"Confused" submitted March 23, 2017

By Billy Sullivan in Naperville, IL
Overall
Overall: I just got my Bonamassa Firebird this morning. I have to say, I'm a bit let down. I've always wanted a Firebird because of its bite,, and I'm also a big fan of guitars w one pickup. In the video at around 2:43,, Joe explains how when you roll off the volume,, the cleaner it gets,, quote "almost country like". Just on the strength of that sold me on this guitar. I plugged in mine about an hour ago for the first time,, it's exactly the opposite,, it's muddy from 0 to about 8 1/2. When it gets to around 10 is when the pickup finally comes alive. That's the only issue I have with the guitar (that's a big issue w me). Other than that,, it plays beautifully . Any suggestions as to what I should do to correct this issue or should I just return it? Thanks!

"Bonamassa firebird" submitted January 21, 2017

By Chris R in Nashville, TN
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar 45 yrs. Worship leader.
Music Style: Modern Christian music, love the blues and Joe Bonamassa
Overall: I bought this guitar and it arrived nearly in tune so someone somewhere tried it. I guess 5hey never plugged it in because even after a pro nashville set up it stoll wasn't right. String 1 and 2 are not the same volume as the rest. My tech, who has done sound for joe, says the pick up is defective. So Lindy Fralin it is. Altogether I'd have to say it is not worth the money unless you want to improve it and make it custom. Again this is just one of many guitars and only my experience. If you got a great one please post your experience.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZM-M6KD. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976