When you call, mention priority code 20N-NVQZ

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone Brent Hinds V

Melt loads of faces with this Brent Hinds signature Flying V in stylish Silverburst! Squeeze a ton of tone from Brent's very own Lace Hammer Claw pickups.

"Brent Hinds Epiphone V is Awesome!" submitted September 20, 2016

By Alex J in Atlantic Beach, FL
Music Style: Rock, Metal, surf guitar, rockabilly, classical
Overall: My Brent Hinds Epiphone V finally arrived today and I can't stop playing it. The neck feels great, very smooth and fast for leads. The silverburst finish is beautiful. All the inlays are so shiny. And the Brent Hinds Lace Hammerclaw pickups deliver the heaviest rhythm tones and singing lead tones. Mine has quite a bit of fret buzz which is to be expected from shipping so I definitely need to have a guitar repairman set it up. Love this guitar. My only complaint is that the killpot knob doesn't seem to work, it works as a tone knob like it should but pressing it down to use it as a killpot knob has no effect like it is supposed to. Probably a wiring issue and hopefully a easy fix when I have a guitar tech look at it. Overall the Brent Hinds Epiphone V is a winner and a must buy for fans of V shaped guitars. I am tempted to get a second one and may do just that. Lol

"my new favorite guitar" submitted August 13, 2016

By Steven E in Fountain inn, SC
Overall
Overall: mine was on back order for a while but when it came it was totally worth it.. the lace claw hammers are spot on and I have heard of some quality issues but mine came 110% best buy I've made in a long time. stands up to all my Gibson and ESPs

"Brent hinds is good not so much the binding" submitted January 3, 2017

By Mike Sorenson in Nixa, MO
Musical Background: 10
Music Style: Metal,blues,rock
Overall: I mean what else could I say Brett Hinds. It's a good guitar sounds amazing and plays like a dream but I got it today and found a dozen or so more cracks in the binding and the ink off the bridge pick up wore off so it doesn't even look like a signature pick up but I contacted zZounds and hopefully they'll get it fixed

"Great sounding guitar" submitted April 19, 2016

By Richard G in Greenville, NY
Music Style: Metal, Rock, Blues
Overall: Just got it the guitar this afternoon, the Lace pickups sound really good in this guitar. Haven't had any issues with the Shadow Killpot, I really enjoy the functionality of the killpot. The action is really good so far, haven't noticed any issues after four hours of play time. Warranty registration process was a breeze online. Really wouldn't consider changing about this guitar except I'm gonna swap out the strings soon for a new Dunlop Heavy Core set.

"quality control" submitted April 22, 2016

By william m
Musical Background: 40+ years gigging
Music Style: Rock, blues metal
Overall: Received it fast as usual but the binding on the headstock had bleed over from the black on the headstock. Body had specs of black paint in the silver burst. I'm talking it should have been obvious to anyone seeing it at the factory or when shipped to the states to be set up. Blemishes along one side of body too, Zounds made it good and took it back. Just check yours real close when you get it. Not the kind of quality control I have come to expect from epiphone. Put together in a hurry.

"Pretty good -- great for the price" submitted December 3, 2016

By Lance L
Overall
Musical Background: Hobbyist, home recorder, semi-pro songwriter for more than 30 years
Music Style: Metal, punk, rockabilly and classic rock
Overall: I own a ton of guitars and have bought and sold a zillion more, so even though I'm only an intermediate player, I have a lot of experience with various makers and levels of guitar (I even build my own). This guitar is made in Indonesia, which is currently the lowest end guitar maker (used to be Japan, then Korea, then China, now Indonesia). That's why the price for this is so low. But there is really NOTHING particularly low end about this guitar. It's solid mahogany with a set mahogany neck. It has Grover tuners, binding, an inlaid headstock, a nice burst paint job with a proper fade (not a crappy one like a low-end Epiphone Les Paul), and above all, it has Lace Hammerclaw pickups that are worth $200 on their own. Slap the celebrity endorsement on this, and I would expect to pay at least $1200-1500 for this guitar and not feel cheated. So major kudos to Epiphone for keeping the price down on this, and it seems to have worked for them because from what I've heard around the 'net, these guitars are really popular. The neck is indeed thick and chunky, like a cricket bat. It's noticeably wider than, say, my Strats and Les Pauls and PRS type guitars. It's on a par with my '87 ES-335, which is a pretty stocky neck. I really like it, though. The action is really low, so speed (such as I have) is not an issue, and I'm finding it easier to do more complicated chords thanks to the space between strings. I my even start defaulting to a wider, chunkier neck like this on my own builds.The pickups, surprisingly, are not wowing me. They are certainly OK, but I primarily bought this guitar to get the pickups and they just aren't particularly blowing me away. They are very mid-rangey by design, to get that signature Brent Hinds sound, and have a very biting sound when dirty, but sound surprisingly good clean. But they wouldn't (and won't) be my first choice over the Seymour Duncans and stock pickups in my other guitars. The whole guitar feels very solid and well-built; again, not a sense of cheapness anywhere. It looks better in person than in the pictures, and while I hesitated to get a V, this is actually perfectly comfortable to play sitting down, even without a strap (the notch of the arrow goes on my right thigh for support, quite comfortably).All in all, I'm pleased with this guitar, especially for the price. And the real clincher is that zZounds sold it to me at a SIGNIFICANT discount as a "scratch n dent" and for the life of me, I can't find a single mark on it, not even a tiny one. So, if you're looking at a zZounds markdown item, whether this guitar or another, man I have to say go for it. This is the second "scratch n dent" I've bought from them and as far as I can tell, the box is the only thing that had any dents or scratches. They are like brand new.

When you call, mention priority code 20N-NVQZ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976