866-ZZOUNDS (866-996-8637)
When you call, mention priority code 20F-099V

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone Viola Bass

With its short 30.5" scale and looks that take you back to the British Invasion, this beautiful maple-bodied Epiphone Viola bass delivers rich, plucky tone.

"Smooth Operator " submitted February 23, 2014

By Lester Gainey in Nahunta, GA
Overall
Musical Background: 20 Years of musical instrument addiction issues.
Music Style: Well rounded, yet i disdain rap and screamo.
Overall: I am a stringed instrument nut- I currently have a small collection of about 30 instruments and several Bass Guitars are in that mix. I wanted the Viola for it's warm plucky sound [unique to this instrument]. I am always amused to read people say "it has fret buzz" or "it wasn't set up right" as a complaint- New things are not worn in and will require adjustment over time as there is no "magical lifetime setup".... So yes I had to tweak neck, bridge, and string configuration and will have to continue this process as I break this girl in. The wood is absolutely remarkable for this price range without sacrificing a bit of tone. This is not your Uncle Bob's Funky Disco Bass, this is a very light, airy, comfortable Bass with deep sustain and very hot pickups. I give this Bass 5 stars for meeting my expectations and musical needs- Cheers!

"You Want Bass You Got It!" submitted September 9, 2015

By Brad G in Kenbridge, VA
Musical Background: long time hobbyist, and Jammer
Music Style: Blues, country, classic rock
Overall: I bought this bass and it has a presence all its own. The bass was beautiful and flawless. It came with round wound strings of 48-105. These strings sounded good, but I couldn't get past the string noise going down the string. I changed these to La Bella 760FHBB flat wounds. They fit perfectly. Going down the rosewood fret board was like silk. The sound was deep and mellow. This was one guitar that I never had setup. Even after replacing the strings and tuning, the intonation was perfect. This bass has a presence all it's own. Every note I played on it was articulate. This may not be a bass for metal, but, for many genres it will easily hold its own. With two volume knobs and a master tone knob, You can get anything from old blues to Queen. This Bass is a wonder to play. You actually feel it with it's hollow body design and build. I checked out a few violin basses (not to mention any names), but, this was better built and more versatile. I'm no salesman. I just know and feel what sounds right for me. Just don't pass this by without trying it out. You will find this short scale bass has something that just keeps you picking it up and playing. Being only about 7 lbs, it may be all night.

"Great Bass with Killer Looks" submitted March 18, 2016

By Lee Wilder in Rockford, AL
Overall
Musical Background: Long time musician,Bass, Guitar.
Music Style: Christian, Rock
Overall: This bass is a very comfortable one to play either standing or sitting. The fret buzz mentioned is probably poor technique rather than the bass itself. The neck is smooth and slick. I love to pluck rather than pick and this bass is for me. The body conforms to me great. Tf the look of this bass is BEAUTIFUL! The images do not give it justice. You want regret buying this, especially is you are a Beatles fan!

"Nice look, but has issues." submitted March 6, 2014

By Joe Miller in St.Louis, MO
Musical Background: Professional musician for 40 years
Music Style: All kinds.
Overall: FINISH: is excellent. Very nice with not flaws. Can't complain. ELECTRONICS: The pickups are VERY noisy, and I doubt if they are actually humbuckers. They may be single coils that are wide, and the manufacturer wants to pass them as humbuckers? Don't know. At any rate, allot of 'single coil' 60 Hz hum here. The 2 volume 1 tone knobs are nice. The tone control is a well configured linear POT that gives a smooth roll off on the tone. BRIDGE: This is an archtop bridge designed for this type of guitar, so it will naturally be inferior to more modern bridges. With that said, if you get it set up right, the intonation and action is perfect. TUNERS: Not top of the line, but not cheap either. They work well and hold the strings tight. HEADSTOCK: Nicely finished. Good angle from the nut. NECK and FINGERBOARD: The neck is nice and strait but the frets all need work. They are all so sharp on the sides, that I cut myself when I was zooming up the neck. Maybe this was like this because it was shipped when it was 4 degrees below zero and sat in a Fed-x truck for 3 days? So, it may not be the guitar manufacturer, it may have been the weather. SUMMARY: Because of the VERY noisy pickups and the poor condition of the frets, I decided to return this guitar. If the PU's and neck were at least "average", I would have kept it... but I couldn't deal with the PU noise, and I wasn't going to take the instrument into the shop to have a $100 fret dressing done.

"U must buy this for urself!!!" submitted March 8, 2014

By Kalvin I in Richmond, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I've played for 3 years ANSI play bass in a band!!
Music Style: All kinds
Overall: This bass is amazing sound and the quality are good but I really love the looks on this bass so smooth to jazz and u will need to get urself one of these!!!!

"What gold hardware ?" submitted January 3, 2013

By Douglas Niles in Cameron, ON
Overall
Musical Background: Played pro and now jam with friends and occasionally pro.
Music Style: Rock and Blues some rag...and Reggae ....
Overall: I've owned one for three years never had any problems ....Light weight for a Bass ...with the proper set up she sounds great. But the info here is wrong the Bass has chrome on the tail ?

866-zZounds (866-996-8637)
When you call, mention priority code 20F-099V. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976

Seen it for less somewhere else? Get it for less at zZounds. Simply click the “Seen it for less?” link on any product page and as long as we‘re not losing money, we‘ll beat any legitimate competitor‘s lowest price, usually within two hours. Want our best price even faster? Call us at 866-zZounds (866-996-8637), and we‘ll provide you with a lower price on the phone. Also, if you purchase from us and later find the product for less elsewhere, call or email us within 45 days, and we‘ll refund you the difference.

Buy it, try it, like it, or return it to us for a full refund. It‘s just that simple. If you‘re not in love with what you bought, return it to zZounds within 45 days, and we‘ll promptly arrange for an exchange or a refund. No hassles. No hidden charges. And if a product‘s defective or damaged, call us at 866-zZounds (866-996-8637), and we‘ll email you a prepaid shipping label so you can easily return it to us at zero cost to you.

Simply click the Seen it for less? link next to the gear you want or call us at 866-zZounds (866-996-8637)