When you call, mention priority code 160M-3DD6

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone T-Bird Pro V

The Pro V combines the hallowed design of the Thunderbird series with T-Pro humbuckers and an active EQ for improved response, versatility and tonal clarity.

"Amazing Bass" submitted May 21, 2012

By E Lopez
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing music all my life. SInce I was about 12yrs old.
Overall: I had the previous Epiphone Thunderbird bass the original one that came out years ago and sold it. It sounded muddy to me. I decided to give the new thunderbird a try since I love Epiphone and thought maybe the previous bass I had was a lemon. So I took the plunge and purchased this bass and WOW . I am in love. This bass sounds clear especially the low notes, and sounds fat. I used it in my home recording studio and it actually sounds clearer than my fender jazz bass. Only negative is that I wish it came with a case but for the sound you get out of this bass wow. I basically use it without any effects just a slight compression and a rock EQ on it and bam punchy tight and clear.

"Some problems with older models..." submitted June 9, 2011

Music Style: Death Metal, Black Metal, Aggrotech
Sound: Very bright crisp sound. The tone of the bass will change drastically depending on if you are using a pick, your fingers or are slapping the strings. Overall, you can customize the tone of the bass to almost anything you can think of. Feature: Solid bass that is lighter than it looks. Obviously, it is a Thunderbird, so you have the head drop problem. This can be fixed with locking straps. Quality: I had to exchange the first one I bought because there was a problem with the humbuckers. The second one Zzounds sent me was amazing and I've had no problems with the quality of it at all. Value: For $600 dollars you will not find a better 5-string bass. The tone of this bass is beastly, and it's a T-Bird, so you also get one of the most iconic basses ever. Manufacturer Support: I have not had to deal with Epiphone, but I did deal with Zzounds. They understood the problem perfectly and, in a timely fashion, sent me out a replacement. The Wow Factor: It's a T-Bird.

"Worth the price.." submitted August 14, 2011

Overall
Sound: this bass is Amazing! I bought a blemished model. But it doesn't seem to be grounded properly. It sounds Killer! still using the factory strings. Installed a strap lock system. Excellent 5-string bass thinking about buying another one. Feature: wish it would have came with a case. this sold seperately stuff is BS... Quality: Very well made bass. Think I should take this to be set up by a professional. There were blems but I knew this when I bought the bass. do not take this product from store to road unless your tech is top notch. Needs to be set up Professionally change factory strings and have all the electronics checked.

"well pleased." submitted May 21, 2012

By Anthony Serio in Columbia/ Myrtle Beach, SC
Musical Background: 48 yr pro
Music Style: all of the above
Overall: I'm no kid. I'm 63 yrs old and worked in and managed music stores, and play professionally for more than48 yrs now. this is the best sounding bass I hv ever owned and I hv always loved the T-Bird look. It took a while to get my head wrapped around the Epiphone brand, but Im glad I did. i hv owned several Fenders, Gibson, Gretch, Guild, Tobis, Ibanez, Alembic and currently a Misicman Stingray 5. In fact all were 5 strings. most of my basses hv been upper end bass American or Japanese made. this bass is by far the best value I hv ever owned and I recommend it highly. I use it exclusively now and am seriously contemplating adding the black Pro V to my sunburst one.

"Epiphone Gets it Right" submitted October 26, 2012

By Don L in Taylor, MI
Musical Background: Bassist, guitarist, organist, saxophonist
Music Style: Easy listening, classic rock, blues, Schlager, Rembetika
Overall: The T-Bird Pro V is an awesome bass well worth it's modest price. The workmanship is high and the fit and playing characteristics are actually better than what I expected. I was very impressed with the 5 piece neck to tailpiece construction which I was rather surprised to see isn't used on the 4 string bolt neck T-Birds. Being an EB-3 player from time immemorial I was used to the old school Sidewinder neck pickup and mini humbucker at the bridge and so was a bit skeptical about the sound of the new style active pickups but was pleasantly surprised to hear the tonal range they provided. A 3 band rather than 2 band active EQ would have been preferable to me but that's a rather minor gripe. The neck is considerably wider than my LTD fretless 5 but that's fine with me since I have hands big enough to play an upright with ease. I installed a Hipshot drop A tuner and the mass of the body really helps the bass to carry the ultra lows at full power.This axe is as heavy as a lead sled but the sustain is well-worth the weight.

"Extremely Happy" submitted October 4, 2012

Overall
Overall: I'm not a musician but I bought this for my kid who loves it more than life. What I am really stoked on is the customer service I got from zZounds. When I got the bass I discovered their was no output from the connector jack, not exactly ideal but things happen. I made one call to zZounds customer service, told them what the issue was and how I determined the problem was with the bass and they issued an RMA and prepaid shipping label - no questions asked. What was even cooler was that I didn't have to wait until they got the defective bass before they shipped me a new one. What could have been a couple week wait was only about 5 days until I had a new bass that worked perfectly - happy kid=happy dad. Thanks zZounds, I will definitely buy from you again.

"Ground Shaker" submitted July 20, 2012

By Jeff Tuggle in Nashville, TN
Musical Background: Touring Band......40 yrs exp
Music Style: Wide open, balls to the wall, Hard Drivin' Modern Country. "SHAKE RAGG"
Overall: I own a P-Bass (61 reissue) and a Ibanez 5-string (Korean Made) and my new T-Bird Pro V has become my bass of choice. Amazing sound backed by 2 tone controls, a single volume knob and the fourth knob to fade the active humbuckers from neck to tail. Ease of action, Clarity and unlimited tone modification has made it my go to Bass. Two negs......You better have a wide strap because after a long gig your shoulder will need a massage and it does NOT come with a case. (which can be hard to find). Overall........Very very Pleased.

When you call, mention priority code 160M-3DD6. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976