When you call, mention priority code 1737-9XGM

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone EB3 Bass

This sweet set-neck bass boasts a mahogany body, rosewood fretboard with trapezoid inlays, Sidewinder neck pickup and a biting mini-humbucker in the bridge.

"This Bass Rocks and anything else you want it to do!" submitted August 9, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: Active Musician.
Music Style: Rock, County and Blues
Sound: Rich and Deep bottom tones in the mid tone range it really cuts. No lose of head room over the guitars. Feature: Two volumne comtrols and two tone controls and with the humbuckers you could get any blend you want. Ease of Use: It easy to dial in just the right tone for any style of song your playing. Quality: Very well build solid. it is a little top heavy but with a 3" strap it stays put. Value: $300.00 for a bass that should retail for around $700.00 Great Value!!! Manufacturer Support: Had to get saddles for my EB-0 that I got at a second hand store. I e-mail Epiphone and they got back to my with a dealer in my area the next day. Very fast reply. The Wow Factor: I have both the black and the red finish. And I get Wow's on both of them. the Black look really good with the chrome hardware for some reason it draws in the girls. (???) Overall: I've been playing Bass for 41 years and have had alot of brands. I am so happy with the Epiphone EB-3 and EB-0 that this will be the last basses I will every buy. Thanks you Epiphone wish I had played you soomer!!!
42 of 43 people (97.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Jack Bruce and others in the house" submitted September 24, 2009

By a customer from myfairpoint.net
Music Style: blues, rock,pop
Sound: The bass has remarkable sustain,selector switch lets you find the sound you're looking for. Feature: It came with the usual short cord and allen wrench. Ease of Use: No problem, just move the switch to desired selection and away you go Quality: Beautiful finish, compliments from all who saw it. quality is top notch Value: Very affordable for the quality product The Wow Factor: It's a classic, one look and anyone who has ever played, recognizes this bass right away. The cherry finish is a must. Overall: Quite satisfied with the bass,I own a Hofner and a P bass and they all have their own sound and this one fits right in to the mix. It will be hard to choose which one gets the most time
23 of 24 people (95.83%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Epiphone EB-3,hits a home run !" submitted September 8, 2011

Music Style: Power trio
Sound: I owned several Gibson EB-3's during the 70's,and found that they were really good for a distinct sound ( think Cream,Mountain,Free ect ) great for live work really could punch through most stage mixes,sound guys hated them,that huge neck pick up gave them fits,I loved em,called it Thud and Mud,the Epiphone EB-3 displays these same tonal qualities,I had always used the short 30 scale Gibson,the Epiphone is at 34 scale,no big problem since I play mainly Fender P & J basses,however the neck dive is as problematic as the Thunderbirds,a small nuisance. Feature: These were a very straight forward design when they came out,no real big thrills,with the exception of the Varitone selector switch,and back in the day,these things running full tilt on stage thru a Marshall stack or a couple SVT or Acoustic 360 amps,well the little varitone switch was kind of a moot point,you were just going to get ran over.Epiphone went to a three position selector instead of the original four,no big deal.I can't really think of anything I would add or take away.I was looking for a classic EB-3 sound so I switched the roundwounds for flats. Ease of Use: This a Korean model,I don't set alot of stock in where things come from,it is either playable or junk,this bass was playable right out of the box,set up was spot on,thought I'd have to adjust it when I put the flats on,but it was fine for me.I said the scale is 34 like a Jazz or P bass,but at first it seemed like I had to reach a little for notes played near the nut,but that wore off quickly,just seemed a little alien at first. Quality: I give the Epiphones really high marks here,the fit and finishes are stunning,I have owned several Epiphone basses in the past as well as one of the Elitist EB-3,I would take any of them to a show,on the road,I've never had one break or fail on me,I feel that same confidence with this new model,I've been at this Bass thing for 47 plus years,I own very expensive basses and low dollar basses,don't let dollar signs confuse you,it either sounds and plays well,or you can row a boat with it,no matter what it says on the headstock,or how much it cost. Value: If you were blessed with a "silver spoon" in your mouth and can afford anything your little heart desires,these basses may not mean a great deal to you,however if your the guy or gal that drags his or herself off to work and watches what they spend their hard earned money on,you just can't beat the value of these basses,and once again,it don't matter what it says on the headstock,if you have a 3000.00 bass and can't play it,the crowd ain't gonna care what brand it is,they'll just know somebody spent alot a money on a piece of wood they can't play. Manufacturer Support: I mentioned that I have never had a Epiphone fail,so I have never had the need to contact support,I would like to think that they would be there if needed. The Wow Factor: Well I'm old school,I grew up with this design and the Vox's and Fenders,this is just what appeals to me,may not be your cup of tea,but I think it's a classic design,and it's been around quite awhile so I think it still has its place among the 5 and multi stringed basses of today. Overall: I always had to work and buy my own basses(my dad's idea and a good one) so I don't tend to get rid of them,I have several Epiphone basses in my collection of 14 Fender Jazz And P-Basses,I've got many years and time tied up in all of them,this long scale EB-3 will be a welcome addition,and after spending some serious time with it,I can say if it were damaged or stolen,I would replace it,it's that good in my opinion and I've played about any brand you can imagine in my 57 yrs.A final word,there is no perfect bass,but you can still find quality instruments at a good value and I think this Epiphone bass has met both of those requirements

"Epiphone EB3 bass" submitted April 2, 2012

By Kelly W in san leandro, CA
Musical Background: bassist playing 18 years, in local band Sludgebucket
Music Style: stoner metal
Overall: I had a Gibson EBO and dug the way it looked, but hated the short scale and single pickup(even though I dug all the low end the humbucker produced), sold it, but wanted a full scale version. Couldn't find one anywhere, but came across this bass at zZounds and thought I'd give it a shot.Glad I did.Killer tone,easy to play..FULL SCALE!

"eb3epiphone bass" submitted April 3, 2013

By GERRY H in COVINGTON, LA
Musical Background: 1961,BASS, SIX STRING
Music Style: SOUTHERN ROCK, COUNTRY, CHRISTIAN
Overall: BEEN PLAYING BASS SINCE 1962. THIS BASS HAS QUITE A GOOD SOUND, HAD TO DO A FEW ADJUSTMENTS TO THE NECK JUST FOR ME BUT IT SOUNDED GREAT OUT OF THE BOX. I STILL PLAY EVERY WEEK LOVE THE DRIVE SOUND IT HAS THROUGH A CRATE AMP.LOVE THE OLD SCHOOL SOUND.FITS ME WELL

"Great for Classic Rock" submitted June 29, 2013

By Robert Nichols jr. in Saint Johnsbury, VT
Overall
Musical Background: 25 Years Playing Bass Gig on Weekends.
Music Style: Classic Rock Hard Rock Metal Blues.
Overall: I got this Bass about a month ago and wow you get that Deep Bass sound of the 60s and 70s i used this Bass at my last gig it did the job and has a nice Bass tone if you play Classic Rock this is the Bass for it.

"Great bass" submitted September 4, 2007

Musical Background: 43 yr experience
Music Style: oldies 60s-70s
Sound: love the deep growl Feature: versitile Ease of Use: very playable..toothpick neck Quality: very well made Value: more so ive got rics musicman hofner and this bass kicks their ass.. Manufacturer Support: asked what strings they used on set up The Wow Factor: its hot looking but wanted a eb-3 again... Overall: Ive had them all this bass is a bad ass. Had the orginial in the 60s loved it then love it now even a better sound .
19 of 24 people (79.17%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"AWESOME BASS!" submitted November 16, 2008

By a customer from aim.com
Musical Background: Student
Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Jazz
Sound: with four control knobs and a 3-way pickup selector, the different sounds i can get out of it are endless. great sounding bass! use it with a toneworks ax5b modelling processor Feature: great humbuckers. 3 way selector is nice. looks real good. Ease of Use: very easy to play, only thing is the neck gets pretty thin at the top, it's top heavy, and a little fret buzz. Quality: very well made. i can see my reflection perfectly in the ebony finish. wouldve nevr known it was made in china Value: should be priced way higher, only $300 for this beauty? its a steal 2 good to pass up Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: can't take my eyes off it. trapezoid inlays are sexy Overall: nice bass. i like it better than the gibson reissue.

"Great starter bass" submitted January 3, 2014

By Robert G in Sparks, GA
Musical Background: I've played guitar about 20 years, local bands
Music Style: rock, blues, metal
Overall: smooth clear sounding bass, quiet controls for both volume and tone. Easy fretting plus has a great finish. Have not needed manufacture support.

Epiphone EB3 Bass Customer Review submitted December 28, 2009

Music Style: Rock,Glam Rock,Psyceldelic
Sound: This bass is all I need for what I play. I play CREAM,LED ZEPPELIN, BLACK SABBATH,DEEP PURPLE,WHITE STRIPES mostly all 60's & 70's Rock. And this bass is all I need, plus my HARTKE AMP & my ZOOM kick box. Feature: The EB-3 came by itself, what else do you want. If your looking for a complete set bye something else.

"My new bass" submitted April 8, 2012

By James K in Hurst, TX
Musical Background: I have played proffesionally and now for fun
Music Style: I am a rocker and enjoy good blues. Clapton and page my favorites.
Overall: The bass I bought was brand new still in it's box. The shipping was super fast. Splitting up the payment really helped, I am a Z fan!!!

"Love the look, don't love how it plays" submitted April 25, 2012

By Bill S in Long Island, NY
Music Style: Classic rock
Overall: It is truly beautiful, but the neck is 'sticky', the bridge is pretty bad, the stock strings stink, and there is no 'low E'. It is also extremely top-heavy, the strap pegs are in the wrong spot. Electronics - cheap Chinese stuff. Overall, so disappointed, because I love the classic look of it. :-(

When you call, mention priority code 1737-9XGM. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976