When you call, mention priority code 1562-7SP5

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone Hummingbird

The Epiphone Hummingbird offers classic looks and sound. With a beautiful finish and Mahogany build, the Epiphone Hummingbird will turn heads.

"Do you want an honest review? Here it is." submitted January 5, 2010

Musical Background: Professional Musician
Music Style: Indie, Folk, Blues, Jazz.
Sound: Ok, First and foremost. I am writing an honest, and experienced review. I'm a professional musician. Not some kid who just got it and wants to brag. So here we go...I would like to point out that each guitar has it's own voice. It doesn't matter if it's handmade, Or crafted by machine. They all sound different one way or another. The Epiphone Humminbird is no exception. Although I do encourage people to go to a store to play it before buying it. This guitar just has such a wide range of voice under it's belt. I'm extremely impressed with the craftsmanship of this acoustic. It has no sharp wooded edges. It's very finely built, As well as finished. The inlays are amazing. And the sound...WOAH. We all know stock strings aren't the best, So I threw a set of Elixir Lights on this baby. And it just sings. A common misconception is that the action is high. Action level all depends on the player. Some people like high action, Some like low action. I prefer medium low action. It was that way right out of the box. Epiphone is really living up to it's name. And they back it with a lifetime warranty. It's very solid, And firm. It isnt delicate, Like a lot of low end guitars. The tuning keys are nice. Not loose and dinky. I'm really impressed with the finish. The pictures just don't do it justice. The REAL heritage cherry sunburst, Is as follows: The cherry is actually a cherry color. It's darker in pigment. And it fades to an orange, and to a light brown. Very beautiful. I've owned this guitar for a while, And no problems with it whatsoever. If you want a guitar that sings. Don't buy cheap. Invest in a good guitar. This will be perfect for anyone. Feature: Nice inlays, Finish. And bow tension adjustment. Ease of Use: Action is perfect to me, But it's all personal preference. But the sound is very crisp. And gorgeous. Quality: This is what I was actually impressed with. It is extremely well built. Very solid craftsmanship. Value: I would have payed more. It's an amazing instrument. Manufacturer Support: Never had to. But they back their products with a lifetime warranty. The Wow Factor: It's a wet dream walking...Honestly. Overall: I have played many different "brands" of guitars. But I stick to Taylor, Gibson, And now Epiphone.
102 of 102 people (100%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great alternative if you can't afford a Gibson!!!!" submitted May 21, 2012

By Christopher H in Lawton, OK
Musical Background: Playing for 10 years
Music Style: Country,Red Dirt, Christian,rock & blues.
Overall: Change the strings,put bone saddle & bridge pins on this guitar & it will sound amazing. You wouldn't think it was a $300 guitar.the action was great out of the box. I put elixir nanoweb 12s on it and it sounds great. I even played it up against a Gibson hummingbird and it held its own. The finish is beautiful! I gave manu. facture support half star only cause I haven't had to use them yet.

"Sounds good. Looks Great" submitted April 23, 2012

By joshua M in Lakewood, CO
Overall
Musical Background: 8 years playing professionally, mostly at churches, occasionally in bands, no long term due to work
Music Style: Blues, Rock, Christian
Overall: Got this guitar thinking that although I dig the way it looks, it probably won't sound as great. I just ordered it and hoped for the best. Wow is all I can say, the sound is nice a mellow and full. It sounds awesome for a cheaper acoustic. Totally love this guitar.

"Beautiful Guitar!" submitted October 15, 2012

By Joe P in Port Saint Lucie, FL
Musical Background: Playing guitar since 1964
Music Style: Rock, country, blues, classical, and anything else that sounds good!
Overall: Well, I can't touch the Gibson version of this guitar because of the price. The Gibson being ten times the price. At zZounds I purchased it for $300. I was very pleased at the quick shipping and the great condition the guitar was in when I received it. Right out of the box the setup was decent though I will adjust and tweak it to taste. The sound is nice and bright and the neck plays very well. This intonation is dead on. Not bad for a three hundred dollar guitar and it looks beautiful also! I have been playing guitar all my life and I am glad to add another really nice guitar to my family of axes.

"What A Classic!" submitted November 22, 2012

By Heith T in Chesterfield, VA
Musical Background: Musician 30 years
Music Style: rock, hip-hop, country, blues, Christian
Overall: I recently purchased this guitar from zZounds and let me say, zZounds had the best price and an easy pay plan to boot! The Hummingbird is no low end guitar! Let me repeat that in a different way. If you only had one guitar that did it all, you would have the Hummingbird. It is very solid and this is the kind of guitar that you discover how great it is the more you play it. What ever great impression you have first playing this Epiphone, will only increase as you get to know her! Buy it and tell us what you discover, for me "I LOVE HER"!

"A great value which is beatiful in appearance. Has good sound and is built very well especially for the money" submitted January 30, 2009

By a customer from cox.net
Overall
Feature: Fit finish is very good. Especially has a great appearance. The Grover tuners are the best. Ease of Use: The action for somebody fairly new is at least to me is not good. My son disagrees but he has clamps for hands. I actually took it to a Luthier 2 days ago and he felt like he could without much trouble make it a lot easier to play for me. The sound is quite good I believe and my son feels it sounds better than his Takimenie which cost $100.00 more. Quality: This is where I believe the Epiphone Hummingbird really shines. It is well built and the fit and finish is absolutely unbelievable for a guitar in this price range. Again the strings are too high above the fret board but I think that is more a personal thing. Because I love everything else about the Hummingbird I was willing to have it set up by a Tech. Value: I was very pleased at the price I paid for this guitar. It could have cost a hundred more and I would have bought it. The Wow Factor: It is as beautiful a guitar as I have seen except for the much more expensive Gibson Hummingbirds Overall: I have been taking lessons for 6 months now. I started with a Fender D G 8 which came with gigback ,tuner, winder,and DVD ,and slso a second set of strings. It did not cost very much. So this is not a guitar that is at the level that I want in about another 6 months to a year. However I will not ever let it go!
46 of 52 people (88.46%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"great guitar for any player" submitted May 9, 2012

By MARK M in NORTH BABYLON, NY
Musical Background: iv'e been playing for 2 to 3 years
Music Style: classic rock' blues
Overall: i purchesd an epiphone humming bird from a local guitar store in bellmore.when i tried it out it was like love at first try.really happy with the quality of this instrument,the sound is rich and full. to me it is the best gibson copy of the humming bird!! cause believe me it's the clossest thing youll ever get to a gibson.because for the money you can't beat it's price. PERIOD!! GREAT JOB EPIPHONE FOR BUILDING SUCH AN AMAZING INSTRUMENT!!!!

"Epiphone Hummingbird Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar" submitted November 18, 2012

By April Higgenbotham in Semmes, AL
Overall
Musical Background: I have been around music all my life and grew up with guitars in my home.
Music Style: Middle of the road and whatever I like :-)
Overall: This guitar is absolutely wonderful! I am so pleased with it. The sound is wonderful and stays in tune very well. I am not an expert, but in my opinion this guitar is comparable to the much more expensive Gibson Hummingbird and maybe even a little better. I would most definately recommend this guitar to anyone. You will not go wrong with purchasing it.

"BEST DEAL ANYWHERE!!!!!!!" submitted October 24, 2012

By Glenn B in Huntingdon, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 12 years,just play at home.Not a pro..
Music Style: Country,Bluegrass,Christian
Overall: I can't believe how good this guitar sounds!!! Can't be beat for the money!!! Beautiful Guitar!!!!!

"GREAT GUITAR FOR THE MONEY!!!" submitted November 18, 2012

By Glenn B in Huntingdon, PA
Overall
Musical Background: I play at home,just a hobby and I like collecting guitars!!I have been playing guitars for 11 years and still not to good at it!
Music Style: Country,BlueGrass
Overall: Very nice guitar,nice action and plays nice!!!!Nice finish and put together well!!

When you call, mention priority code 1562-7SP5. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976