When you call, mention priority code 12D6-HC87

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone Dove Acoustic

The Epiphone Dove lets players get classic acoustic tone. With a solid Spruce top and Maple body, the Epiphone Dove sounds fantastic.

"What a lovely guitar" submitted May 24, 2009

Music Style: Bluegrass, Blues, Americana, Country
Sound: This is a lovely guitar. I have played the big boy Gibson and though it is not quite up to the $4,000 Gibson, it has a rich beautifull tone. I have owned the Epiphone Dove for four years and its sound has opened up and you can't believe this guitar is so inexpensive. I did have a vintage bone nut and saddle installed and the action set to my desire not long after I purchased it. This was a personal choice and not necessary. Feature: The acoustic guitar has all the feature necessary for a life time of enjoyment. I added a Vintage bone nut and saddle. The addition probably improved the tone a litle but the purpose of the upgrade was to give an already fine guitar pofessional features. The hard sheel case is excellent. I did have to purchase the case but the guitar was under $300.00. Are you cheap or what? Just kidding. Ease of Use: The guitar was very playable at purchase but aas guitarist go, I had it professional set up to suite my taste. The guitar plays very well and is easy to fret. Quality: Keep in mind this is a $300 guitar, one tenth the cost of its big brother. The quality of the epiphones are generally excellent and that is true abuot the Dove I purchased.The guitars are made in China but they are inspected by skilled quality control technicians in the U.S.. I know this because mine had an epiphone stamp on the back of the headstock that stated that and provided the control technicians name. Value: Not only is it worth the price but I cannot believe the price is so cheap. This is a n excellent mid level to professional guitar for less than $300.00. Wow, try it you will want it. Manufacturer Support: Epiphone uses the Gibson support section. I have called the Gibson support section once concerning another Epiphone product I own and they were very professional and courteous. The issue was quickly resolved. The Wow Factor: This prduct is cosmetically beautiful. The Dove pickguard, the red stain over very nice maple back and sides, the solid spruce top and pear inlaid bridge. This guitar has a high end look. I would say for the price this is definitely a 10 Overall: I confess, I am a guitar junkie and this is not my first guitar but I absolutetly love to play the Dove. Every time I pick up and play my more expensive guitar, I think of the very fine sound of the Epi Dove. I will keep the Dove for many years. Not only will I keep the guitar I will play it often for many years to come.

"Great product for the money" submitted June 2, 2007

By a customer from pivot.net
Musical Background: 40 years active musician
Music Style: Bluegrass, gospel, some rock
Sound: Nice bright tone. Good sound projection. I have seven guitars and they all have thier own sound. The Epi Dove is a close second to my Martin D-18 that Ive had for the last 16 years. The Martin is more mellow, and the Dove is brighter. The other five guitars that I own do not have the tonal quality Martin or the Dove. Feature: No Accessories. Ease of Use: Action was fine right out of the box. Will eventually use lighter strings. May have to tweak someday, get a little buzz on the Bass E string at times, not bad though. All in all this guitar sounds better than I expected. Quality: Bought as a blemished, There are no dents, scratches, or discoloration. Can not see a problem. Looks fine to me. Value: This is a good sounding guitar and is worth what I paid for it. in fact I would pay more for a guitar with this kind of sound. Manufacturer Support: Have not had to contact them. The Wow Factor: I buy for sound, a good sound will make any guitar more appealling Overall: Because of the sound that I get from this guitar I will keep it. When you get a guitar that sounds alive you should keep it, you may not get that sound from another one.
34 of 36 people (94.44%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great!" submitted May 14, 2012

By Corey M in Lebanon, MO
Music Style: Folk, Gospel, Country
Overall: I have dreamed for 25 years to own a Dove. Unfortunately the price tag of a Gibson Dove is out of my range, so I was thrilled to have found the Epiphone at such a reasonable price. Sure it is Asian made but it absolutely high quality and was inspected by a Gibson guy (or gal). Right out of the box it was ready to play with just some tuning. Sound was incredible. In fact, I like the sound of it better than my Martin D-18 that I have had for years. Maybe that is because I am more of a folk/acoustic player than bluegrass. The finish on the guitar is beautiful. No complaints whatsoever. I went ahead and paid the extra $89 to get an Epiphone original case and it was beautiful too! I have not had use manufacturer support so I cannot comment on that but I am sure they would help. I highly recommend the Dove purchased from Zzsounds. I also used their four-pay program and I was approved and I don't even have very good credit. Thanks!

"AMAZING GUITAR!!!" submitted November 9, 2008

Musical Background: Beginner/Intermediate
Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Blues, Christian
Sound: Sound is incredible! I would just fix the strings because one of them was a little buzzy. Ease of Use: EASY!!! This product is SO easy to use. Pick it up and start playing! Quality: Great quality, it will last a long time. Value: Definately worth the low price. Good if you're on a tight budget. Manufacturer Support: Never had to contact anyone but if I did I would imagine it would be wonderful service. The Wow Factor: This guitar is amazing! It's just beautiful! Overall: Overall this is a great guitar and I would recomend it to anyone.

"epiphone dove guitar" submitted October 11, 2013

By Bill Roth in Landisburg, PA
Overall
Musical Background: I have 20 guitars. Including Martin and Taylor. I jam in a small band. Not a pro but I have fun.
Music Style: country
Overall: I have owned the dove for a year. I could not tell the difference between the sound of the gibson and the epiphone. So I saved $2700.00. The epi has no flaws I could find. It is more mellow in sound after a year. You won't regret buying this guitar. I bought a black epi and it shines like a new penny. What a pleasure to play......Bill

"Nothing Better!" submitted September 29, 2007

Overall
Music Style: Rock, Acoustic, & Blues.
Sound: It has the best tone, rings just right, and you can play anything on it and it'll handle it with ease! Feature: Everything on this guitar, from the frets to the string pegs, are absolutly beautiful! They all work great! Ease of Use: It's just as easy to use as any other 6-string acoustic guitar, but it sounds so much better! Quality: The guitar overall is a 10, but when I recieved my guitar 2 strings were broken, and that tells me that someone wasn't carful with it... It irritated me a bit... Value: The value of the guitar is just right, I'd pay that much each time. Manufacturer Support: They support was great! Everyone was exteremly helpful, and you can't get much better service than here! The Wow Factor: Beautiful guitar! Overall: You know, this guitar is perfect to wake up to in the morning! I can play it all the time and never hear one problem in the strings or tone! It's the best guitar for any style of music that is using acoustics in their songs!

"I've got my Dove." submitted March 31, 2011

Music Style: folk
Sound: I bought this guitar to replace my "starter" guitar and I love it! It has a great sound and I wish I had gotten it sooner because it makes practicing and playing so much more enjoyable. It is beautifully made: the woods, the rosewood finger board is soft to the touch, the inlays, and the overalldesign is so lovely. I am a small person too and I found that this guitar was much easier to handle. It has a small neck. I hunted for a good guitar for a while before going with this one and I was not dissapointed. Value: Compare it to a Gibson. I haven't played the Gibson Dove, but I can't imagine it is any better and the price is a bargain for a quality guitar. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed to seek out support yet. Have had the guitar for about a year now. The Wow Factor: I dreamed about this guitar before buying it and I still can't wait to get my hands on it when I get home. Overall: I can't imagine giving this guitar up I love it so much, but I have been looking at other Epiphone guitars (electric) for example and the Hummingbird. I would definately buy another Epiphone in a heartbeat though and I recommend it to anyone who is guitar searching because I really appreciate that the quality is so good and yet it is an inexpensive guitar.

"BUY THIS GUITAR!!" submitted December 2, 2007

Overall
Sound: No other guitar can produce a sound like that... It's an amazing guitar, and I would've paid much more for it. Feature: The grover tuning keys are the best! The look and style of the guitar is, bar none, the best you can get! Beautiful guitar. Ease of Use: This guitar is so playable, I'd recomend it for even beginners! It's so easy to play, and you can get any sound out of it that you want! Quality: Once again "muah"... This guitar is superb in all areas! Value: It's worth a lot of money... The Wow Factor: I know it attracts the ladies! Overall: You can't get any better than this guitar, I mean first, it's an Epiphone, and it's a beautiful guitar that plays fantastic! This guitar is a "must buy"!

When you call, mention priority code 12D6-HC87. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976