When you call, mention priority code 146W-N4ZV

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone DR-100 Guitar

The Epiphone DR-100 is a solidly constructed player's acoustic. With a select Spruce top and a Mahogany body/neck, the Epiphone DR-100 is a great value.

"Epiphone DR-100" submitted August 22, 2013

By Dylan M in Jacksonville, AR
Overall
Overall: I bought this Epi largely based on the reviews here, as we needed an additional entry level acoustic for my daughter to take to a music/performing arts camp this summer. For a C-note, I was amazed by not only the fit & finish on this guitar, but the sound quality as well. It has a great, bright tone - it truly looks & sounds like a more expensive guitar. It holds a tune well, which I was concerned with, after some experience with "box store" Chinese built instruments. Sure, some gear snobs will scoff at a China-made Epi - but this thing really sounds great. It's not quite as nice as the Taylor or Martin dreadnoughts some of my guitarist pals are playing, but it is literally 1/10th the price - and it's a great sounding, great looking guitar. Truly one of the best bang-for-the-buck purchases I've made.

"This one ROCKS!" submitted June 28, 2013

By taj dahl in Milwaukee, WI
Overall
Musical Background: I've been rockin' for 32 of my 40 years... I play drums proficient. Guitar and bass I'm intermediate.
Music Style: Rock n Roll, Punk, and anything else fun!
Overall: I loved this guitar right out of the box. Did a slight tuning and she was ready fly. So far I have nothing bad to say. I'm a little nervous about the bridge holding up but I love Epiphone. For the money, this is the best guitar you can buy, so I believe... I gave this lower quality and features just due to the nature of the guitar. You pay for what you get, normally... In this case you get a lot more bang for the buck!

"$99.00 for this? WOW!!!" submitted February 15, 2012

By danny morris in henderson, TN
Musical Background: Playing guitar for 20 years
Music Style: rock, metal, blues, country
Overall: let me start by saying,I have been playing guitar for 20 years now. I've had very bad guitars, and very good guitars. Over the last 9 or 10 years all I have had for the most part have been "high end" guitars. Although I have kept an Epiphone Les paul that i got in the early 90's which I still play and love. Anyway... I was playing the Epi LP one night recently and fell in love with it all over again. Awesome guitar! No, it is NOT a Gibson. I will admit that. But, it has it's own peronality. And it's has always been a favorite of mine through the years. Although sometimes over looked because of the "real" les pauls I have. Anyway.. one night I was playing it and fell in love with it all over again. And for some reason I was just browsing around and made my way over to Zzounds web site. I was looking through the Epi's and saw the DR-100. I thought well.. I could use a beater acoustic, because I plan on doing alot of outdoor activities with the fam this coming summer and I though well it would be nice to get a cheapo acoustic to play around with at pick-nics, and family reunions and such. So I ordered it, not expecting much. I expected many flaws, and expected to have to do some work to it to make it even "playable". boy was I WRONG!!! I got this thing, opened the box not expecting much. I was VERY surprised!!! First thing I noticed out of the box was that it was only slightly out of tune. I thought hmm, that's strange. I tuned it up real quick, which didn't take much. I picked around just a bit. and was very pleasantly surprised with what I heard! i then began to inspect the guitar. I spent a good 30 mins going over it. And just so you know, I am VERY anal about my guitars. i spot flaws like nobody's business. Having OCD I just tend to be like that. But man... I was almost jsut confused by this guitar. As I could not find any flaws with it. The action was absolutely perfect! Neck was perfectly straight! frets were immaculate! I did not have to do one thing to this guitar! I even had all my tools out waiting the arrival of this guitar to get it "playable". Didn't have to touch a thing. Even the stock strings sound good on it. I have yet to change them, and have had the guitar for 2 weeks now. i expect to be even more amazed when I do change them. I swear, the only "flaw" I could find with this thing was that the inner sticker showing the model/serial number was crooked! As for sound, it is VERY well balnced, and just "in your face"!!! I own a gibson hummingbird, a gibson songwriter, a Taylor 110, a Taylor 310, and a couple of guilds, and a lower end Breedlove. And this thing stands up to all of them!! NO BS!!! Maybe I just got lucky and got a one in a million Epi here, but I am still sooooo amazed with this thing!! I haven't picked up any of my other acoustics since getting this one. So much for a beater!!! I will NOT be taking this outdoors. Better start looking again. If you are looking at this guitar and thinking about getting it. I saw go ahead and pull the trigger on it! I do not think you will be dissapointed AT ALL!!

"best guitar for $100" submitted August 27, 2009

Musical Background: hobbyist, guitar teacher
Music Style: alternative, rock, hard rock, classic rock, metal, nu metal
Sound: for the money i don't think you could find a better sounding guitar Feature: its a $100 acoustic what are you expecting it to have? i got a guitar with 6 strings and an epiphone poster Ease of Use: very simple to use no problems with it Quality: when i got it it was set up almost perfect all i needed to do was get the nut filed down on it because my 5th and 6th strings were sitting more on the nut than in the nut Value: $100 for a nice sounding guitar Manufacturer Support: i haven't had to deal with them but i have herd good things about epiphone The Wow Factor: it looks basic and i gave it an 8 here because i got it in natural i wanted it in ebony but i bought it on a different website without thinking to check here and the other site only had it in natural Overall: i will keep this guitar for a long time until i can afford a taylor if it was stolen i would probably get another one but in ebony
36 of 38 people (94.74%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Incredible Value" submitted December 20, 2013

By Leif H in Jonesboro, AR
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for 35 years, about, off and on. I just jam at home for now, but I can't let go of my dream to play and get paid.
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Blues, More Blues, and a little more Rock.
Overall: The DR-100 is a supremely sweet guitar at any price, but the low-low-low sticker on this gem makes it worth every penny and then some. But more than that, the instrument has a great feel to it, it's a pleasure just to hold, but the sweet sounds it makes guarantee that you can't just hold it without playing it for very long. Its tone is smooth and impeccable, whether you are quietly playing a pianissimo melody or firmly and resolutely hammering out a fortissimo passage. It's an almost guilty pleasure to play and I look forward to reaping years of enjoyment from it.

"epiphantastic" submitted November 3, 2013

By jessie bray in gleason, TN
Musical Background: three years, guitar/bass
Music Style: vhristian, rock, blues.
Overall: I have owned this guitar for over a year now, and it is really sweet. Sound is great. It's plenty loud. It is just fun to play. And, it stays in tune! Ya just can't beat this guitar for the money.

"Beginner to pro, either way its the way to go" submitted July 24, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: Active Musician, Recording Engineer(Learning)
Music Style: All Rock in its broad glory, from Blues to any Metal. Acoustic everything.
Sound: Instead of any acoustic strings I put on some earnie ball super slinkys and it sounded amazing! The tone, the sustain. Just beautiful! Feature: I bought mine out of a pawn shop so I really cant review this much Ease of Use: I bought mine out of a pawn shop so it was already pretty much set up, but with every new guitar there is always a small bit of tweaking to do. But once you got it how you like it its beautiful Quality: I honestly think this is one of the best acoustics I have ever picked up, sure its no Martin but who cares? Its only a name. and either way its not the instrument its the person behind it. Value: YES! Most definately! I paid about $110 for mine and god was it worth it. Manufacturer Support: I have dealt with Epiphone before, not for this particular guitar, but overall it was never for anything wrong with my instruments. The Wow Factor: God I got mine in ebony, such a beautiful thing. Then I mashed it to pieces in a fit of anger. I'm so happy I found it again! Overall: Forever. Honestly before I broke mine I had swore up and down I would never get rid of it. Well, I still have the pieces of it at least. So I am getting a new one. If you are any kind of player, from beginner to pro this is an amazing guitar hands down. No need to be picky.
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"A great beginner or budget guitar as long as you get it set up and put some elixir strings on it." submitted May 8, 2008

Music Style: Eclectic
Sound: I wanted a cheap laminated acoustic to throw behind the couch. Something I didn't have to worry about the kids ruining or have to keep humidified etc. Ofcourse, this isn't going to sound like a $1000 dollar guitar, but it sounds just fine for a begginer or a an inexpensive model. Feature: N/A Quality: There has been complaints of this guitar not staying in tune. My local guitar shop set up the action and strung it up with some Elixir medium phosphors and this thing stays in tune forever. Manufacturer Support: Not needed
30 of 33 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Buy one NOW" submitted September 18, 2007

By a customer from grandecom.net
Musical Background: 30+ years
Sound: Really Good Feature: Gears don't slip Ease of Use: I put Light strings on it and Torqed the neck back with the Allen wrench supplied with the Package and this thing plays like an electric with smooth low action and no buzzing strings HAHAHAHAHAHA Quality: For $120 Shock could describe the Quality of this Instument. The finish is just Fantastic Value: Can't get any better The Wow Factor: Looks as good as a low end Martin
34 of 39 people (87.18%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Super Value" submitted January 23, 2014

By Dennis J in Ontario, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar off and on for over 50 years.
Music Style: Rock, acoustic mellow
Overall: What a nice guitar for the money. Sounds great, plays great. What ore could you ask for?

"So Impressed With This Guitar!!!!" submitted May 2, 2013

By Ryan P in Noblesville, IN
Overall
Musical Background: I would still be considered a beginner by most musician's standards.
Music Style: A little bit of everything.
Overall: I have only had this guitar for a few weeks but in that time I have had it into the office where I work to share it with a few guys who have both been playing for over 40 years and they are as impressed as I have been which speaks volumes for the quality of this guitar. I cannot imagine a guitar anywhere else on the planet by any other manufacturer that touches the quality of this guitar for $100 or anywhere close to it. Before the hard shell case arrived for this guitar I intentionally tuned it and left it sitting in the box in my bedroom for 5 days without touching it again and when I removed it the tuning had not changed in the slightest. I cannot say enough about this guitar, well done people, well done.

"DR-100" submitted March 5, 2014

By Dennis Decker in morrilton, AR
Musical Background: professionally
Music Style: country, blues, Christian
Overall: I know why they gave me a 10% Discount Head stock had a small ding. They should tell you about this when they offer it to you. The Guitar sounds great for what you pay for it, finish on the body and neck are prefect. I will buy from them again

"Great value. More than worth the cost." submitted February 27, 2011

Musical Background: Beginning guitarist
Sound: To me, this guitar sounds great, and seems to be a wonderful first guitar. Other people point out that a Martin (or whatever) sounds better, but for the price, and if you're a beginner like me, this one sounds just fine. Quality: The quality is really good. I have no complaints. It's not a museum piece, but it's really good. Value: You can't beat the quality you get for the price. The Wow Factor: The guitar looks fantastic. I bought the black one, and it looks great.

"Must have at this price for all levels. " submitted June 26, 2013

By Lance M in Lamar, SC
Musical Background: Guitar
Music Style: Rock, blues
Overall: I just recently pick up the dr100 in sunburst for my brother for his first guitar. After it arrived I opened it to inspect it and make adjustment if needed. No adjustment needed. After tuning gave it a run and was blown away at the tone. Joked with my wife that I was gonna put one of my more expensive guitars n the box n give it to him. Tuning gears not the best. Had a few minor finish flaws and freght board little rough but at the price for the sound can't beat it. Makes for a good beginner or beater.

"Great for the price" submitted March 25, 2014

By Nathanial Molitor in Kingman, AZ
Overall
Overall: Real quality guitar. It's no guild or Martin but it really does stand up to any guitar in the $100-500 range. No point in buying anything unless it's a true quality guitar. This one simply holds its ground.

"great guitar" submitted June 19, 2014

By Janet E in Toledo, OR
Overall
Musical Background: daughter in music class and lessons
Music Style: all
Overall: sounds great, daughter loves it

"Epiphone DR-100 Acoustic Guitar" submitted July 7, 2014

By Rex E in Clearfield, PA
Musical Background: Played since childhood, guitar, tenor banjo, mandolin,
Music Style: Country and traditional gospel
Overall: I was very pleased with this instrument- the finish is nearly flawless and it sounds very well, With my eyes closed and only able to hear the instrument I'd never believe it was a $99 guitar! top is solid spruce, fret board smooth guitar set up well out of the box. Will need to raise the top string at the bridge a bit when I change strings as it will buzz a little below the 5th fret.

"dr-100" submitted January 14, 2012

By Robert Nickerson in St Augustine, FL
Music Style: country & bluegrass, mostly bluegrass
Overall: purchased a dr100 just for jamming, its a hell of a buy folks, plays great right out of the box, been playing for 14 years now play mostly country & bluegrass, own a maritin, 2 blueridges a 160, and a Br-180 fine guitars but this epiphone can hold its own with them..i play everywhere canada, & the usa , not afraid to play this Dr-100 IN ANY COUNTRY.if you want a nice guitar buy a Dr 100 and pick & grin

When you call, mention priority code 146W-N4ZV. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976