When you call, mention priority code 15HV-YLV2

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone Casino Guitar

The Epiphone Casino Archtop delivers classic looks and classic sound. With a pair of dog-ear P-90s, this hollowbody electric is a truly versatile guitar.

"GET IT" submitted January 15, 2010

Music Style: Classic rock, blues, metal
Sound: The sound of the Casino is incredible. From playing clean in all pick up configurations or running it through various stomp boxes, the guitar has a unique voice. The sound is applicable to a variety of genres. If you're looking for a heavy sound, there are other options available, but if you want a great blues , classic rock or jazz sound, this guitar is for you. Feature: The case that came with it is of the same top quality as the guitar. Nice poster, too. Ease of Use: Getting good tone from this guitar is simple. The P 90's go from a deep warm neck pick up sound to a jangly bridge or in between. Turn up the gain and volume and you get a nice growl. I've played it for 2 weeks straight and am still finding new, great tones. One might think this is a big guitar and would be uncomfortable to play. Just the opposite. Very light, so it is comfortable standing and its contour makes sitting the same. Quality: Product is very well made. Mine is the Vintage Sunburst and the finish is fantastic. Even the sides of the guitar follow the sunburst scheme. It's not a solid brown-black as would normally be found with this finish. Beautiful. Came perfectly set-up out of the box and holds tune like my double locking tremelo guitar. Pots are clean and fairly responsive as is the pick up selector. Value: More than worth the price I paid. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with them, so to me the support is great. With the quality of this product, I'm sure that if I had to deal with them Id receive the same quality. The Wow Factor: If you like a thin waist and an ample bottom, this is very sexy. Overall: I expect to use this for the length of it's lifetime. If anything happened to it, I would certainly replace it. Wish I bought it a long time ago.

"***A guitar for the ages***" submitted January 15, 2009

Musical Background: Professional Musician
Music Style: Alternative/INDIE
Sound: The P90 with the Hollow Body is an incredible combination. I am not playing metallica on this guitar, but I can play a variety of sounds/genres. It will feedback easily which can be a good thing. I strike the strings harder and the guitar responds with a bite. I hit them gently, the guitar responds with a delicate beauty. Feature: It would be perfect if it wasn't for the tuners and pots. They stay in tune but they are not precise like my Les Paul or Fender. I intend to change them. Two tone, two volume and 3 way selector are pretty standard. The pots need to be changed, as well. Ease of Use: This guitar has wonderful action and feel even with .10's. If you're looking for that John Lennon feel use .9's the way he did. At any rate, I use 10's and the tone is incredible. The feel is smooth and easy to bar for hours without feeling tired or hard weary. Quality: Change out the POTS and Tuners and it's a quality guitar. I love mine. Some people don't like theirs and that's understandable. I've driven bad cars, owned bad guitars, etc. I was fortunate to get a great one. At least it's great to me. Value: For the price this is an amazing guitar. I like it a close 2nd to my Les Paul and miles ahead of my Strat. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with them. The Wow Factor: It's the most beautiful guitar I own. Based on looks alone, it's a piece of art. Combine that with it's incredible functionality and you have something special. Overall: As long as it keeps working the way it is, I will be thrilled. I enjoy the guitar more than any except my Gibson Les Paul. Even then it's a close call. Keep in mind the Gibson cost 3 times as much.
24 of 26 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Awesome Guitar" submitted June 27, 2008

By a customer from verizon.net
Musical Background: Active Musician of 30 years
Music Style: WC Soulshine
Sound: I needed single coils and hated the thought of another Strat. I am glad I went with this instead. It looks great and it sounds great. No feed back problems. Feature: Simple and straight forward. Ease of Use: This thing came out of the box with butter like action. Nicer than my Les Paul hands down. The other great thing about it is it's very light. Quality: Almost flawless. I got the natural. Value: Better sound than a strat. The stock pick ups are great. I have an original P-90 from a late 50's junior and thought I might put it in the bridge. No need. You cant get a better value. Manufacturer Support: Dunno The Wow Factor: Everybody who sees this guitar wants it. Overall: I would replace my Casino in an instant.

"Stand Out" submitted May 7, 2008

Musical Background: Active Musician, Recording Engineer
Music Style: Folk, Indie
Sound: I went from playing a Gibson Les Paul, to playing this. I love this guitars sound. It has a lot more innotation do to the P90's. It has a very classic sound that you just can't dial in on a Les Paul. Feature: It is pretty standard in terms of materials when it comes to Epiphones. The best feature is the metal brace that runs from the bridge to the tail piece. It gives it a very unique look. Ease of Use: I like using vintage distortion, similar to Rolling Stones or The Beatles. So for me this guitar is very easy to use in terms of tone. The action on it might be a little high for some players, but adjusting the truss rod or bridge is easy. Quality: Well every time someone sees me playing an Epiphone they tell me, "well it's not a Gibson". If you mean that it's not overpriced, your right. I have never played a guitar that was perfect. The only thing that I could see someone replacing on this guitar, would be the tuners. They are not bad, just not perfect. I'll keep mine stock. I got the Vintage Sunburst, and the paint job is far better than anything I was anticipating. Value: I cannot stress enough how much of a value this is. Great buy The Wow Factor: Chicks dig this guitar ;) It is a very old'school design, and it stands out in the pack of LP style guitars. Overall: Do to it's unique design and sound, I cannot see myself replacing this guitar anytime soon, and I don't believe that I would ever sell it. It is exactly what I am looking for. The ability to play jazz, blues, and vintage rock makes this guitar a collection piece.

"awsome guitar...even better for the price!" submitted August 1, 2004

By a customer from hot-shot.com
Overall
Music Style: everything-rockabilly, classic rock, pop/punk, heavy rock, street punk, pop/rock
Sound: the only thing keeping me from rating this guitar a 10 for sound is the fact i use a mesa/boogie amp, and hollowbody guitars are nitorious for getting feedback with mesa amps. in a fender or marshall amp, this guitar sounds perfect, without an amp it sounds awsome, and even with my mesa (when i'm not getting feedback) it sounds great. Feature: the pickups are perfect for this guitar. the sound is incredible. the tuners keep it in tune FOREVER! it has good sustain and excellent action.mine came with a case that is awsome too. its very durable and nice and padded on the inside. Quality: best guitar i bought for the price i paid. excellent...everything! Value: once again, best guitar i bought for the money. it's awsome. Manufacturer Support: haven't had any problems with my guitar! The Wow Factor: the color was not my first choice-i have the vintage sunburst and wanted natural. but after i saw a picture of me playing the guitar i was no longer upset. it looks amazing, sounds amazing, and plays amazing. i wanted it and so should you. Overall: the only thing i don't like about the guitar is that it's hard to use with a wireless system. you get a lot of interference and exterior noise. other than that it's awsome.

"epiphone casino" submitted September 9, 2014

By tim carlton in machesney park , IL
Overall
Musical Background: 4yr total, i have played the trumpet and guitar, and i just play at home
Music Style: blues, country, rock,,, and anything I like
Overall: well I got my cherry casino a mouth ago, and I love it, but I did have a problem, the neck had a crack in it up by the nut, the good news is that I called zZounds, told them what I found, with in 10 min I had all the info to send it back, I received the replacement with in a week, and it was perfect, I love it, (loved the one with the crack too) it had a perfect set up al I had to do was tune it, all my friends, say wow that is so nice, and plays great,,, would I buy another one? in a heart beat, would I buy it from zZounds? yes I would, these guy are great, and these guys are great!

"Quality and Service" submitted April 12, 2012

By Ray Guerra in Bronx , NY
Overall
Musical Background: 32 yrs playing. Play both Guitar and Bass.
Music Style: Rock/Blues.
Sound: I have a ES335 and two base Casino's and the sounds are worlds apart. One not better than the other. Just different. I have a Sunburst Casino neck joined at the 17th and a Natural Joined at the 16th fret. There is a slight sound/sustain difference. The sound of my Casinos is hard to describe. It is very warm when played clean as well as a warm raunchy sound when distorted. You can get many sounds out of this guitar compared to say a Les Paul, SG or 335. That's the good part of a Casino. You will notice the bridge pickup is a bit lower in volume compared to the neck pickup. This is due to the strings being further away at the bridge. You can either shimmy the bridge pick up higher (alot of work) , or just adjust your volume controls to equal it out. Feedback? Yes, Controllable. Yes. It should be noted that P90s hum/buzz. I suggest staying far away from PC Monitors and Florescent lighting. I notice they create more of a buzz which can be a pain when gain is added. Feature: Neck at 16th fret, P90's (Alnico V) standard 3 way toggle, and 2 volume and tone pots. Ease of Use: Ok. Out of the box, it's set up pretty well. Care has been given to ensure you receive a good product. Yet, with any guitar out of the box and I mean any, you need to set it up to your liking and do some minor maintenance. I put on new strings, lowered the bridge and cleaned the fret board of polish that was used at the factory or your fingers will get black for a while. I also oiled the fret board. That's it. The neck is a bit wider than a 335 or Elitist Casino. This is a preference issue, however, I like the fatter neck. Action can be adjusted low without string buzzing. It's a light guitar and very easy to go up and down the neck. Quality: Don't believe the hype about Korea or Japan Casinos are better than China. As quality build is concerned, I would put this Guitar up against a Korean, Japan, and USA Guitar. Yes, your electronics will be better in a USA model. But that you can up grade on a China Casino if you wish and have all the features and quality of a USA model at 1/3 the price. Though the output on the stock P90's are great. Value: At under $600 with this type of detailed workmanship, this is a steal. If this Guitar was made in the USA, it would be over a grand. Manufacturer Support: I don't use the support. Epi's I have are not trouble. Thought I did call Epi one day to inquire about the New Casino's and I got right through to a Customer Service Rep with ease. The Wow Factor: Playing it alone is like....WOW. Overall: Before I rate this guitar, two things. 1. The necks of the new base Epiphone Casino's are joined to the body at the 16th fret. Not the 17th as photos show. I think this started in 2011. It would be nice that sites start updating their photos. 2. I ordered the Guitar on 4/10 and received it on 4/11. Normal ground shipping. Ok, I live in NYC and this appeared to come from NJ. However, that was fast service. Thank you zZounds.

"Epiphone Casino/Sunburst" submitted September 9, 2014

By Timothy Hawkins in San Francisco, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Singer, play clarinet, saxophone, conga, timbales, acoustic/electric guitar
Music Style: Blues, R&B, Jazz, Rock
Overall: The Casino is by far the best guitar I've heard. Versatility is the key word here. Plays across the spectrum of sounds. You won't be sorry you bought the Ax. It will bring you and your audience miles of smiles! :-)

"Great Guitar" submitted April 7, 2014

By Jeff S in Santa Ana, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Benn playing since 1984 when I was 14. Jam at home.
Music Style: Classic Rock, Blues. Folk. Beatles, Stones, Doors, Eric Clapton, The Eagles, B.B. King. Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly.
Overall: The Guitar was better than expected . It sounded pretty good right out of the case. I needed to fix the intonation a little and put on Medium strings as I didn't care for the extra light strings in came with. But now it sounds like a guitar that would break the bank. If you're thinking about getting it all I can say is GET IT, GET IT, GET IT.

"A versatile, easy to play, great sounding guitar." submitted January 10, 2008

By a customer from nortonmusic.com
Overall
Musical Background: Professional musician and aftermarket style writer for Band-in-a-Box see http://www.nortonmusic.com
Music Style: Middle of the Road - see http://www.s-cats.com for song list
Sound: The P90 pickups can sound sweet, clear as a bell, or can cut like a knife. I have a 40 year old Gibson E-330 (basically the same guitar) and while the acoustic tone of the Gibson is better, the newer Casino sounds better plugged in. The Epi ads continue to advertise the "Beatle" sound, but the guitar is capable of doing much more than that. It will do rock (and rock-a-billy), C&W and Jazz with no problem (depending on amp/effects) Feature: The individual tone and vol controls for each pickup make adjusting the sound easy and precise. Ease of Use: The neck is great (touch and go) and as I mentioned above, the individual tone and volume controls make adjusting the sound intuitive, plus they are easy to reach. An added bonus, the guitar only weighs 6 pounds!!! Easy on the shoulder. Quality: There is a minor gap between the neck pickup cover and the body of the guitar. It is so small that a medium pick won't fit in there, but it is there none the less. The "perloid" inlays in the neck don't resemble pearl very much, but look "plasticy", but then, it isn't an expensive guitar, so I neither of these comments should be understood as a complaint. Value: For the price this is one great guitar. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed support - and hope I don't. The guitar is well made (it was made in the Peerless factory in Korea) The Wow Factor: It's a beautiful guitar. I didn't like the white pickguard so I replaced it with a black one and also replaced the gold knobs with black witchhat knobs, now it looks great. Overall: I still like my Gibson ES-330 almost 40 years later, and I expect to like the Casino at least that long (providing I live that long). I bought the Casino because the ES-330 has become a collectors item, and I didn't want to get it any more beat up on stage. The Casino is the closed thing to it currently in production. I was surprised when the Casino sounds a little better than the Gibson plugged in. Someone told me that the ES-330 pickups were underwound because Gibson was afraid of feedback - I don't know if that is true or not, but the newer Casino P90s are definitely hotter and have more sustain.

"great axe. Great value BAD toggle switch." submitted August 17, 2006

Musical Background: 20+years novice
Music Style: Blues/Rockabilly/Rock N Roll
Sound: The P90's were why i got this axe. Just don't be anyhwere near Flo Lights, man that just makes so much noise. when the lights are out and no other electricals are on, the sound is so sweet! Feature: The toggle swith buzzes!!!! It is not loose but it buzzes! needs work Ease of Use: Guitar plays like some smooth butter for sure Quality: Except for the toggle buzzing I would given it a 10. the body is so nice and after removing that pickguard it is a very nice axe. Need to get someone to place a new quality toggle in it Value: Worth every penny I paid Manufacturer Support: NA The Wow Factor: I have the natural finish, Sexy?? man this is like a naked woman, so smooth and fine makes your mouth water! Overall: Still had the cheap toggle issue or I would easily give it a 10+

"The Beatles knew what they had." submitted February 15, 2011

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Musical Background: Drummer with Pop / Rock Band The HEARAFTERS
Music Style: Rock, Pop, Country Rock
Sound: This is absolutely my favorite guitar of the nine others that I currently own, including all of the regular cast of chartacters. I completely agree and understand why Paul said that if he could only keep one guitar it would be the Casino. It really makes you question how and why Gibsons are so high priced. This baby is FANTASTIC! Feature: Can't think of anything lacking. Every guitar has its own personality and nuances. Ease of Use: SOunds great through a Vox or unplugged. Quality: Beautiful fit and finish. Value: Why spend thousands. If you listen to the guitar and not influenced by expensive names you can't deny the incredible value of this thing. Manufacturer Support: None yet required. The Wow Factor: It makes you want to pick it up and hold it. It definitely calls you. Overall: Forever. I would sell another guitar(s) if I needed to get money to replace this one.

"EPIPHONE CASINO" submitted March 18, 2014

By Richard B in Weiser, ID
Musical Background: beginner guitarist
Music Style: christian, blues, rock
Overall: This is a great guitar. Great value and fast delivery.

"Dang this guitar's got some wicked twang!" submitted December 27, 2008

Music Style: Anything from country to metal
Sound: I was looking for a P90 equipped guitar and just fell in love with the tone of this little beauty. I am left handed so I reversed the strings and I now have that cool McCartney look! I usually play rather high gain metal but this guitar just wants you to break out all those rockabilly licks it has some major twang!!I use it conjunction with a Line 6 Spider III and althought it tends to feed back at hign volumes i find the whole controlled feedback character of the guitar really fun...Awesome guitar from playing Beatles stuff to Stray cats, SRV modes as well! Feature: I was lucky enough to come upon an Ebony model now discontinued. Tuners are great, pickup switch and other features are fun, I even use the trapeze tailpiece as a palm vibrato for smooth chordal stuff. Ease of Use: I plugged this baby into a Fender twin and it was instant love. The neck is very buttery and smooth to play and the intonation even reversed lefty was very easy to adjust.I cannot imagine replacing anything it just sounds great out of the box as long as you are not into Metallica or other metal stuff.Althought it has that classic 70's Rush tone with overdrive and chorus. Quality: Well for a guitar that I paid 600$ I have to admit that the quality is amazing I own some high end Gibson oruducts that took major tweaking before being playingworthy.This sexy mother just played great of the rack. I must admit that I am not yet used to the lightness of this guitar being used to playing a LP, this is feather compared to it.Thus for 600$ I can look beyond some minor little quality issues. I'll just shut up and play my guitar! Value: Amazing sound and quality for under 1k Manufacturer Support: no need The Wow Factor: Beautiful,sexy and quite a head turner! Overall: This is one of those "go to guitars" I can see it staying in my guitarsenal for years to come.

"There are good reasons why the Casino is still popular" submitted November 8, 2006

By a customer from verizon.net
Overall
Musical Background: Active Musician, many bands, University composition and theory teacher
Music Style: Blues, classic, unknown
Sound: There is no "best " sound, so a nine is as good as it gets. Very versatile , use the pots. Great with and without an amp. Generally I use an LP Pro Deluxe for some stuff (nastier leads especially) and the Casino for bluesier things. My amp is an AC30. With the top end up and the neck PU on the Casino it's Revolution all over. Feature: For what it is, it's all there. Very nice case, too. Ease of Use: Except for the narrowness of the neck at the first fret, it couldn't be better. But that's not the guitar's fault - my fingers are just a little too big for easy chording that includes the first fret (like a D7). Plays like butter. Quality: My 3-way works fine, if a little cheesy. I took the pick guard off as soon as I got it, don't care about the Epi logo. Pots are smooth and noiseless, holds a tune forever. All in all, very nice finish etc. I will replace my PU covers, tail piece and bridge with nickel as soon as I can, but that's only cosmetic. Seems to be built very well. Value: Excellent value for the money. Manufacturer Support: No need yet. I'm optomistic. The Wow Factor: It's a gorgeous guitar. Almost voluptuous. It's got "the skin you love to touch". Feels great, well balanced, light yet substantial. I had to have one, saved my pennies and got it. I would replace it in a minute if lost or stolen. Aside from looks, John, Paul and Geroge couldn't all be wrong, and they weren't. Overall: I will never get rid of this guitar, short of needing food money. It helps complete the sounds I'm looking for in blues and electric/acoustic sounds. I wouldn't hesitate to push it beyond these areas though. Juat give me a little time.

"A uniquely disappointing experience" submitted January 29, 2008

By name withheld by request
Overall
Music Style: blues, rock, even experimenting with some metal
Sound: The only thin full hollow body guitar with P-90 pick-ups. A very unique, bright sound. Feature: Materials are not as good as equivalent US guitars. Ease of Use: It plays easily, as long as the action is set right. Quality: This is why I returned my Casino. The first one I got had scratches, probably from the store or it had been previously returned, and they ordered a second one from the factory. Too bad, the first one had great action and a sweet sound, but I couldn't live with a new guitar with scratches. The second one had poor action and the strings buzzed when the store lowered it. It also had some junk stuck to the wood just inside the f-hole, and the volume and tone knobs did not align with the (ugly) metal pointer next to each know - 0 volume read 3 at the marker. All in all, I felt the quality on the second guitar was not what I expected for $600 and I returned it. Too bad, the first one was perfect, but scratched. A third one came into the store and it looked ok, although the action seemed higher than the first, but at that point I was cured on epiphone and I'm now looking at other hollow bodies - gibson, ibanez, and gretsch. Value: Great guitar if it is manufactured and set-up right, but clearly some poorer ones makes it through inspection, or perhaps are pushed through by the manufacturer. For $600 I don't expect a Gibson (even though epiphone is owned by Gibson), but I certainly expect better than I got. Manufacturer Support: N/A, I did not need to contact epiphone, but the store provided outstanding support. I would suggest, however, not to purchase an epiphone guitar that was inspected by inspector #14. The Wow Factor: I did want it, but now I don't. Maybe when I find a store that has several to choose from, and I can pick a good one from the bunch, and after I get over my current disappointment with the brand, I might consider buying one in the future. But I'll probably buy an Ibanez or Gretch hollow-body in the near future. Overall: I cannot be satisfied with a defective or inferior product, despite the good sound.

"Epiphone Casino: Musical Masterpiece" submitted July 12, 2009

Musical Background: Hobbyist, In a band, Songwriter, Musician
Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Jazz, Blues, Classic Rock
Sound: The sound is very bright and warm. It gives you the real Beatles tone. I cover Beatles songs as well as write songs and improvise. You can play anything on this guitar, any style, any song, anything. It sounds really amazing plugged into an amp and truly amazing even when it's unplugged! For sound, the Epiphone Casino is and always will be my first choice. Feature: I didn't buy the guitar so I can't rate this. Ease of Use: This is the best-feeling guitar I've ever played! The neck is comfortable, so fretting is very easy. It's also light, making it great to carry around! Quality: I favor the Vintage Sunburst finish out of the others, but I don't like the VS finish on this Casino too much. If I could get it to look like an Elitist '65 or a John Lennon 1965, I'd be happy. Also, at times the pickguard can be annoying. But still, pretty good quality. Value: This guitar is definitely worth what it's cost, maybe even more! Manufacturer Support: I haven't had any problems with my G400 and I don't have the Casino yet. The Wow Factor: This guitar is sexy, appealing, and a technical marvel! The finishes aren't the best, but everything else pretty much is! Overall: This guitar is truly something! Superb guitar! It's not completely perfect, but it's 99.99% close! Sound is perfect, feel is, too! Quality's pretty great. I recommend this guitar, definitely!

"BUY 1 AND PLAY !" submitted January 24, 2005

Music Style: Alternative, INDIE, BRIT-POP
Sound: VERY GREAT GUITAR FOR BLUES. Quality: HARDWARES ARE NOT SO GOOD.MY "E" ON THE PICKGUARD FELL OFF TOO !! AND THE SWITCH MADE SOME NOISE``` Value: GREAT VALUE !!!! Manufacturer Support: NO NEED. The Wow Factor: I'VE ALREADY OWN IT .

"Buy it. Now." submitted May 12, 2003

By a customer from nyc.rr.com
Overall
Music Style: I just make music.
Sound: The Casino is simply the bewst sounding guitar I have ever heard. There is a very good reason for it being a mainstay in The Beatles arsenal of axes they brought into the studio from about 1965-1970. This guitar sounds great, is easy to play, & is quite expressive. It's a fantastic recording guitar, and sounds: From the bassy sounds through the trebly leads. Feature: It's a great guitar. Period, end of story. Do not buy the Revolution re-issue. It's the same guitar mechanically, you're just paying for the "Lennon" name.... Quality: My only complaint is the pickup switch: It's not that well made, compared to the quality put into the rest of the instrument. Manufacturer Support: Epiphone's customer service is great. They were very easy to reach and did solve my (minor) problem, which was a broken tone control knob. The Wow Factor: I own it, and it's really freakin' sexy! Overall: Throw out your Strat. If this product were stolen, I'd replace it.
20 of 22 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Who designed this piece of?!!! Can`t play it below 14th fret." submitted March 4, 2009

Musical Background: Play for money...20 years
Music Style: All
Sound: Very noisy and plastic sounding Feature: Less than normal. They should have included a coil splitter at the least. Ease of Use: USE?!?!? You can not play below the 14th-15th fret Quality: Believe it or not, the thing is very well built. Value: All in all, I`m happy with the finish but the playability and sound were both little to be desired so as for the value....this is a 500 dollar guitar at best. The Wow Factor: Not bad looking but poorly designed...pooorrllyy! Overall: I opened the box, played it for 2 minutes, shipped it back and ordered a highway one strat.

When you call, mention priority code 15HV-YLV2. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976