When you call, mention priority code 1549-5469

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone BB King Lucille

Channel the legendary tone of B.B. King with the Epiphone Lucille. With features specified by the bluesman himself, this semi-hollowbody really wails.

"Stunner" submitted September 19, 2013

By Jeremy L in Buffalo, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Started playing again when I got back from Iraq in 2004 after a 30+ year break
Music Style: Blues, Surf, Rock, "Old Timey" Country, Metal
Overall: Picked one of these up 2 weeks ago after hemming and hawing. Took it home and put some new strings on it and plugged it into a Fender GDEC 3 amp and began to play around with it. Both of the pickups have really good tone and this guitar has some serious sustain. With the Vari-Tone and the volume and pick up there are many different sounds you can get from this guitar. The real test was when I plugged it into a Epiphone Valve Jr. tube amp, now we're talking tone! The guitar sounds warm and creamy and it just sings. I'f you're looking at one of these I'd highly recommend getting your hands on one. Mine is even better than I thought it would be.

"The good and the....." submitted November 6, 2013

By Howard E in Denver, CO
Overall
Musical Background: Fun at home.
Music Style: Pop
Overall: The BB King Lucille exceeded my expectations. The instrument has tone, feel, and quality finish that are the best. As a "store cruiser" I have looked at, listened to many guitars, and this Epiphone is "music to my ears." This is the good news.The fun news is five of the nuts on the tuning head were loose, the nut on the output socket was loose and fit fine after I picked it up, and some other screws on the finger plate and pick-up needed a little tweaking. That being said I really like the guitar. It is difficult to score but these problems are completely in the hands of quality control that Epiphone stated was done in USA, "Oh well."

"All that jazz..." submitted August 6, 2008

Overall
Sound: I play mainly jazz through Fender Champ 600 tube amp, and after changing strings to 0.013-0.056 ribbon wound D'Addario chromes I couldn't ask for anything more. This guitar delivers jazzy sound with no problems. Quality: Love the quality of this instrument, everything is ok. Overall: Very nice guitar overall. I was kind of worried that since it's a "blues" guitar it will not deliver "woody" sounding jazz sound...well it does deliver jazz sound and then some. Basically you can play any style of music on Epiphone Lucille.
60 of 66 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"epiphone bb king lucille guitar" submitted October 29, 2012

By Rickie D. Austin in Cheektowaga, OK
Musical Background: I've been playing over 20 years
Music Style: Jazz,Blues,
Overall: I recently saw a friend of mine who brought a gibson bb king lucille guitar and it sounded greated. My bb king lucille guitar sounds just as good as a matter of fact i can hardly tell the difference. It has a warm rich sound to it and don't sleep on the sustain and clean distortion the pick ups bring to the stage. BOOM NUTHIN BUT MUSIC!

"Very Very Nice" submitted February 2, 2012

By Steve A
Music Style: Classic rock
Overall: Out of the box this baby is beautiful!!! Epi has done a great job all around. Finish is spot on...hardware is above standard and sound quality is outstanding! Add in a reasonable price and you have a wonderful guitar to play for years. Everyone who has come across it is blow away....

"Epiphone B B King Lucille Guitar" submitted March 3, 2014

By Neel F in Aiken, SC
Music Style: Classic Rock, Classic Country, Blues
Manufacturer Support: Have had no reason to use it.. Overall: I'll put up against the Gibson anytime.. AT much less $$$$.. I've played both.. Save you money and buy the Epiphone!!!!!!!!!

"AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" submitted April 30, 2013

By Dustin M in Panama City, FL
Overall
Musical Background: i have played most my lfe, been on tour and giged alot
Music Style: rock , metal, classic rock, blues
Sound: the sound is great this is a very flexible guitar i play a wide range of music this thing does it all its a shame they only market it as a blues guitar six way vari-tone switch is amazing channel one is a by-pass this guitar by its self has a very bassy tone to it, channel two brightens up alot its a good over all, three and four i was messing around with some solo licks, channel five is great if you wanna pull out some thrash of heavy stuff, now for channel six, it takes everything down to single coils and gives off a nice strat like sound great for punk rock and what not, Feature: features are great its like 18 diff guitars in one!!! channels 3 and 4 on the vari tone is not very strong but still this guitar rocks !!!!!! the mono stereo out put is awesome you can run one amp on distortion and one on clean and switch back and forth or run both at once not something i will end up using during a gig two cables running out would be a pain and another wireless unit is out of budget right now but something fun to play with Ease of Use: well like with any new guitar it takes some getting use to i own nothing but bc rich guitar and bc richs have skinny slim necks this baby has a wider neck then im use to some one with smaller hands ming have a problem with it but still the pros out way the cons Quality: fantastic great finish very happy with it zzounds packed up nice and neat for me, this guitar is heavy and feels very solid , the only real flaw out of the box is the E sticker on the pick guard is peeling off no biggy for me i wanted off any way, aside from that fantastic, and like with any new guitar it need some adjustments nothing major the bridge was a little wracky out of the ox but it was very easy to set the way i wanted it the neck is very straight Value: very great value, you will see older ones selling for the 350- 500 range, the newer models have better pots and electronics then the older years Manufacturer Support: i have not had to deal with them yet but i imagine that it will be a great experience if i have to The Wow Factor: its great looking its beautiful out of the box i have a nice rig set up and now its 10 times better with this beauty i cant wait to play live with her !!!! Overall: Amazing quality and sound buy it now !!!!!

"The Epiphone "lucille" is a very good choice for the player of all experience level. Overall it represents a good value in an a" submitted October 28, 2011

Music Style: no particular style
Sound: varitone provides a lot of flexibility, but the overall output has to be tweaked too much to make it useful for live performances. Upgrading pups and strings a must. Feature: a ton of cool features, great for experimenting, but can also make it a challenge to find the perfect sound during a performance if you make changes in the fly. Best to keep it set, but then that limits the value of the many features. Ease of Use: a lot of features and takes some time to get what you want, but plays well once you find your sound. Quality: reasonably well made, pretty good value for the price. Value: again, very few instruments can match the overall value of this product. The fit, finish, and features make this a very attractive buy. Manufacturer Support: I'm giving support a 10, but only because of the brand reputation. I have not needed to use support for this axe, so I have no doubt support works well. The Wow Factor: It's cool as a conversation piece, but can still be a useful guitar once it is broken in well. Limited market because it is tailored to one genre of music so it gets a 7. Overall: This will be a keeper, I have no plans to replace it unless I go with the Gibson version.

"Epiphone Lucille" submitted February 4, 2014

By E C Fulcher in Abingdon, MD
Musical Background: Gospel, Blues, Rock,
Overall: An ok guitar. The extra tone control really affects the volume by lowering. The feel and sound isn't anywhere near the Gibson. For the price and if you can't afford a Gibson then it's an OK guitar. Over all I don't recomend it. ZZSounds is a grreat company and really works with customers to make sure that ars satisified. I highly recomend Zzsounds!

"BB King Style Epiphone" submitted February 27, 2014

By James S in Wichita, KS
Musical Background: Life-long amateur
Music Style: Blues these days
Overall: Super guitar, great deal.

"Sweet" submitted May 7, 2014

By Ray Smith in BUCKEYE, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: I'm a retired bass guitarist of 35 years, but have playing lead guitar for the last 6 months, for my own enjoyment.
Music Style: I play jazz blues, classic blues, country, and 50-60's rock.
Overall: There's nothing that I don 't like about this guitar. Beautiful look with the gold tuners, bridge and pickups against the ebony finish, which just gleems. But the playability is what I'm enjoying, along with the sound of it coming through my Peavey Vypyr 3 amp. The Grover tuners are a great touch and just adds to the class of this guitar. The hummbuckers give a great sound too. I haven't been able to get full use of the varilux control, due to lack of a second amp to use it as a stereo guitar. I play mostly jazz blues and classic blues, using the tones of the guitar to sweeten the sound of the music. I do have capabilities to use it with fuzz tone, both with the amp feature, and with a Boss Turbo Distortion DS-2, but I prefer the sweet tones I get out of the guitar with no embellishments. The neck, although not the thinnest, is way beyond satisfactory. I haven't had the need to contact the mfg for any support, but if they're as good as this guitar, there won't be a need to. All in all, I love this guitar.

"Great guitar" submitted April 28, 2014

By Ray Smith in BUCKEYE, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: Former bass player for 35 years. Retired from active playing, and now have learned to play lead guitar.
Music Style: Blues, Jazz Blues, a bit of country and little rock
Overall: I bought this guitar about 3 weeks ago, and WOW...what a sweet playing guitar. The ZZounds deal only made it sweeter. I play blues and jazz blues, and the sound that I've got it set on is mellow, but crisp. I'm playing it through a Peavey Vypyr 3 amp and have played around with the presets to get the sound I want. What surprised me was the neck. It's much smoother than I thought it would be. I haven't tried to use it as a stereo guitar, due to the lack of a 2nd amp, but that's the next addition. This guitar is well worth the price...believe it. If you've go doubts, get rid of them and buy this guitar. You won't be sorry. I rated this a 5 star all the way, although I've never had to contact the manufacturer for support.

When you call, mention priority code 1549-5469. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976