When you call, mention priority code 20B-24LF

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone AJ-220SCE Guitar

Claim your own slice of acoustic bliss with the AJ-220SCE. Solidly built with classic design reengineered electronics, the AJ-220SCE is a great value.

"My AJ220sce vintage sunburst" submitted April 27, 2014

Music Style: country, blues,rock
Overall: I've had this guitar a few weeks now and I am nothing but pleased with it . It arrived without any blemishes and at first strum I thought I might have to do an adjustment on the truss rod . I started tuning it up and the high E string snapped . Dang it . Well back to zZounds to order some strings . Strings arrives just 2 days later and I changed them out . I was disappointed in the sound the new strings gave the guitar so I immediately put all the original strings back on except the the high E and B strings . All tuned up and wow , We are back to that beautiful full sound it has . I also noticed that that slight buzz was now gone . I think it was because the guitar was cold from shipping and now being all warmed up again it was back . Playability is awesome on this thing . The neck is fast with that flat finish and the action is just right for me right out of the box . This is a keeper for sure . Oh and I love the on board tuner . Its fast and easy to use . The only thing is that little plastic E thing on the pick guard keeps lifting up . I have some super glue that will fix that so not a real problem . This guitar will make you smile and just looking at it makes you want to pick it up . Oh I think the original strings are D'Addario because of the colored ends so I ordered some custom lights for it .011-.052 just haven't put them on yet .... Anyway I recommend this guitar for the price and quality . You decide .

"OldErn" submitted January 27, 2014

By Ernie Potter in Choctaw, OK
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing 50 years. Have played in rock, folk, country and gospel bands.
Music Style: Rock, country, Christian, folk, western swing, bluegrass.
Overall: I've been playing for more than 50 years, but the AJ220 SCE took me by surprise. I have an EJ220 which I've enjoyed playing for several years, but the AJ220 blows it away in every sense, from materials used, to sound to electronics to price. The AJ220 has great action, and clear tones, both acoustically and plugged in. The finish is spectacularly clean, and the mahogany neck and body assure durability and stability. The electronics are crisp and clean with an onboard chromatic tuner and easy to use volume and tone controls, and it even has a phase knob. Epiphone has spent its money right, and they've set it up beautifully. It's incredibly playable right out of the box with low action devoid of any dead spots or fret buzz. It responds well whether I'm playing softy or getting on itl I play in a band with guys who play Taylor, Gibson and Collings guitar, but my Epiphone holds its own with them. No need to be ashamed with this guitar.

"Pleasantly Surprised And Pleasingly Satisfied! " submitted June 10, 2012

By Wesley T in Gloucester, MA
Overall
Musical Background: Professional vocalist in a rock band, Semi-pro bass guitar player and 40 year student of 6-string...
Music Style: Classic rock, southern rock, rock & roll, modern rock, blues, jazz fusion
Overall: I researched this item very closely before I made a final decision to buy. I can happily say it exceeded my expectations so far as far as tone, playability and construction, except for the little mettle "E" they have glued to the pick gaurd, which fell off after two days of possesing the guitar. It just fell off. However, even though I was not happy about this, I was prepared for it as almost all of the reviews I read claimed the same problem. It looked kind of cheesey anyway. Almost all of the reviews were very, very positive, though some customers complained of having to have various little details worked out to get the guitar up to optimum performance. Things such as bridge adjustments, routing under the nut, truss tweaking and obviously needing new high quality stringd, but I've had my Aj-220SCE for a month now and it's still playing perfectly right out of the box. I was prepared for the worst, but this is why this product exceeded my expectations. For the price that I paid, I would say I got super-value! The quality of this guitar surpasses many in the $500-$600 range. I would reccomend it for any beginner up to seasoned players who want something decent to play on without breaking the bank. You just can't go wrong with this guitar...How can I rate Support below when I've never had to contact them, I'll just assume they are a 5-star operation

"Completely Awsome !!" submitted March 29, 2013

By Darryl Smith in Virginia Beach, VA
Music Style: Rock, hip hop, country and reggaeton
Overall: The Epiphone AJ-220SCE was a complete surprise to me. For its low price I didn't expect to get the quality and craftsmanship I received. When Played and strummed you can hear every note. Great highs mids and lows and lots of resonance. I would put this up against any guitar in the 1200.00 range.You wont be disappointed.
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Epiphone AJ-220SCE" submitted May 31, 2015

By Dan Wonser in Ocean Park, WA
Overall
Musical Background: years guitar at home now
Music Style: country old rock
Overall: I love this guitar. When it came I had to adjust the truss rod. I think it was the climate. I live on a peninsula in Washington state the guitar came from back east. The only problem was the pick guard was not glued down .It was a easy fix with a little super glue. I also ordered a case I had to send back it would not close. .They paid the freight to ship back The second one was all scratch up on the back side. I did not want to wait so I kept it. I guess it is just to protect the guitar.Over all I am pleased and would buy again. GREAT GUITAR !!!!!

"epiphone AJ-220SCE acoustic-electric guitar.." submitted November 18, 2012

By Lawrence murphy in phillipsburg, KS
Overall
Musical Background: just guitar mainly as a hobby.
Music Style: country and grass
Overall: this guitar has a beautiful sound and tone to it.It beats anything I have ever owned.Love it.. I bought it "blemished" so I got it cheaper, about three weeks after I bought it I started to have a problem with the !st E string..will have to send it to be fixed ( under warranty)..

When you call, mention priority code 20B-24LF. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976