When you call, mention priority code 209-F0PL

Rating and Reviews: Eminence Texas Heat

Play "La Grange" like the best of them. The Texas Heat Patriot speaker gives you a warm, meaty tone that's perfect for southern rock and blues.

"Thought I needed a new Amp," submitted March 25, 2008

By a customer from AOL.COM
Overall
Musical Background: ACTIVE MUSICIAN ( PRAISE TEAM )
Music Style: MODERN CHRISTIAN
Sound: This speaker has changed the whole sound of my Peavey Bandit. I liked the bandit, it's my second one that I have owned.It was just missing something. Put this speaker in and it has become so resonseive, more bass, smoother highs, Just a great sound. Ease of Use: n/a Quality: What can you say ??? Eminence !!!!! Value: Great price Manufacturer Support: Great when I was researching what speaker to change to. Great web site!! The Wow Factor: N/A Overall: Great all around !!!!

"Best of both worlds" submitted September 20, 2008

Musical Background: Pro touring musician
Music Style: Blues, Rock, Country
Sound: The Perfect sound for me. High wattage handling and a lower Db sensitivity(99 db) Really let's you push your amp without being too loud and you never have to worry about hurting the speaker with a 50 watt guitar amp. Eminence's description is pretty spot on. It's a classic American voicing with a more aggresive midrange response. This is not a sterile sounding clean speaker at all. While the voicing is primarily American the aggressive mids tread into British territory a bit. I have 2 Texas Heats in a closed back 2x12(Dr Z ZBest) and I've had great luck with everything from Fender Showman and tremolux heads to Marshall JMP's and my current JTM50. I went through a lot of speakers trying to find the perfect voiced speaker for me(Celestion G12H30, Greenback, V30, CL80, Jensen, Weber, Tone Tubby) but when I put the pair of Texas Heats in my cab I knew I found what I was looking for. It's been 4 years nbow and I'm still happy as ever. The Heats have toured the US with me for the last few years now and haven't let me down yet www.twistintarantulas.net www.myspace.com/laroosco1 Ease of Use: Just drop them in and hook 'em up Quality: The basket of these speakers is so much more sturdy than the Celestions I've used. The metal in the Celestion baskets are very flimsy and bend very easily. The steel in the Eminence speakers are thick and tough as hell. The Value: I've spent some serious money on speakers in the past, but I bought my pair of Texas Heats for right around $100 new. Best money I've ever spent. Manufacturer Support: I thought there was a problem with one of my speakers last year and contacted Eminence. They were quick to respond and made all the the arrangements for me to return the speaker to them. As it turned out the problem was not the speakers at all but was the cabinet itself. Overall: Simply the best speaker I have ever used. Of course this won't apply to everybody but I wanted a speaker that would help give me the hite end snapp of a good Jensen with the aggressive tone of a Celestion. While the Texas Heat sits a little more in the Jensen camp it is voiced just right for me.

"The Heats really deliver" submitted March 31, 2013

By Ned C in Barrington, RI
Musical Background: Playing 30 years
Overall: I bought a Twin Reissue with the older brown & gold "special design by eminence" speakers in it. If you have these and find them harsh, brittle, cold & farting out from the low end, the Texas Heats are the cure. They are warm, fat, rich, and have a mellow top end. The cleans are top notch, and my OD tones are way smoother and more natural then with the stock speakers. You can't buckle these with lots of volume and low end, they stand tall. They will growl nicely when pushed hard, but they don't fart out or get flubby. I only have a couple hours on them so they aren't at all broken in. I'm sure they are going to get much better with a proper break in.

"Great buy! Great sound!" submitted January 12, 2012

Overall
Musical Background: Playing 40 years. Guitar/bass/vocals, i play as often as possible. It's not my primary income though
Music Style: Classic Rock, Blues, Contemporary Christian, New Country, light jazz
Sound: I put a pair of these in a 2x12 cabinet I built. I also have a 4x12 Raven cabinet and they sound almost identical. The patriots have just a bit more midrange to them, which "fills out" the sound a bit better. Feature: Good speakers for the cost, esp w/ the Zzounds two pak deal. Can't beat it! Ease of Use: they're plug and play. Had no issues w/ installation at all. Quality: These are a good buy! I've only had them for two months or so, but I expect good service from a name like Eminence Value: It's a very good value, esp. with the 2-pak deal. Manufacturer Support: Not applicable, had no problems whatsoever with them so far. The Wow Factor: Basically the Eminence name Overall: I expect years of service from these speakers. I'm not driving them hard, they sound good, and they're great quality. I'd replace them if they were lost or stolen. In fact, I'm thiniking of cross-loading a pair of these into my Raven 4x12 cab.

"Eminence Texas Heat Patriot" submitted March 22, 2012

By george lutech in franklinville, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: 26 years exp. tons of gitfiddles love the blues and these speakers speak the blues
Music Style: blues & rock mostly
Overall: love the blues and these speakers speak the blues sweet not harsh just what I was looking for if you like S.R.V hendrix you will fall in love with these Texas heats

"Texas Heat" submitted February 9, 2014

Overall
Musical Background: Bin playing or 17 years, I use a Fender MIM & a Epihone LP Special with a Fender Mustang V amp.
Music Style: Rock, Country, 50's...
Overall: First of all let me say that I'm a 48 year old self taught drummer and guitar player. I play with some friends in my off time because we have jobs and playing music is a hobby, So No I'm not a 17 year old who's parents buy him all the toys he wants and one day dreams of being the next what ever great rock star that's out there. I also have gone thou allot of equipment, mostly because I had no idea of what I was doing and I was trying to do it as cheaply as possible. I did allot of research on this speaker before I bought it. I picked up a VOX Cambridge30 for free. After two attempts to fix the broken amp I ended up pulling the amp and just making a speaker cab out of it. It had a 10" Celestin which was typical Celestin, very crisp. I replace that with an Eminence bass speaker which got rid of the high end but sounded too flat. So I took a chance and bought a used Texas Heat of E-bay, with the hopes it was already broken in. I pulled the 10" Celestin and put the 12" heat in without cutting the hole bigger. So the final sound might be a little bit affected. But to my old ears, I can't tell. Any way. The cab/speaker sounds great. It got rid of the high crisp and the low flat sound. Now it has a nice well rounded sound and only gets better when turned up. As I said before, I'm not a professional and all the gear I've gone thou has been on the cheap. I'm currently using a Fender Mustang V head with the 12" Heat cab and a 12" Peavey Black Widow bass cab and the two complement each other very well.I also use a Fender MIM strat with Lace Sensor California pickups and an Epiphone Les Paul Special II with EMG humbuckers and both guitar sound phenomenal with this setup.So in a nut shell, If you want a well rounded speaker, this is the one for you. But if you want a hot metal speaker or a tube amp speaker maybe the Celestin or the Eminice Red Series might be the one for you. To bad the local music store don't have a room with all the different speakers that you could walk into and plug what ever guitar in and push a button and select which amp and speaker you wanted to listen to. You know like the old days when you was shopping for a car stereo. You old fellas know what I'm talking about.

"the best speaker" submitted April 14, 2009

Overall
Music Style: rock, punk rock, hard rock,grunge, alternative, metal, thrash, death metal and everything inbetween
Sound: the sound is excellent. extremely good bass response Ease of Use: simple as long as you know how to wire speakers Quality: great quality will defenitly hold up on the road Value: really good value. try finding a speaker that sounds this good by celestion or anyother company for under $100 its not gonna happen Manufacturer Support: havent needed to contact them but i here good things Overall: if i where to break one of my speakers or they got stolen i would defenitly get a new ones or possibly something else by eminence

"This Bastard is Awesome!" submitted January 27, 2012

By a customer from gmail.com in San Diego, CA
Overall
Musical Background: live playaaaa!
Music Style: almost all
Overall: Bought two of these and re-place the stock Roland speakers which aren't all that bad but still lacked something. After couple of rehearsals and gigs the Texas heat on the JC 120 proves to be a perfect match in more ways than I could ever imagine! Using a Boss OD-3 as my main sound and amp crank at live levels during shows I get a lot of complements. Definetly has alot of warmth,clarity and some great low end chunk when needed. Just took me almost a year to write this review cause I'd rather be cranking the amp than writing this review.

"EMINENCE PATRIOT 'TEXAS HEAT' KICKS ASS!" submitted October 9, 2007

Musical Background: ex-pro, now hobbyist
Music Style: rock..metal, grunge, punk
Sound: this speaker is made to rock. eminence's own description is pretty much on the money..excellent, fat midrange, nice clear highs and decent bass response. 'pick' sensitive and endless sustain. 150 watts nominal handling and 300 peak should be enough for any metal freak...i've never broken an eminence speaker! Feature: maybe larger holes in the metal connectors. Ease of Use: screw or bolt it into the hole and connect the wires! if you build your own cabs like me, obviously the materials, interior volume,shape, porting and insulation all have their own effects upon the final sound of any speaker. Quality: finely fit and finished, heavy, solid quality. built for use and abuse. Value: this speaker is a bargain! Manufacturer Support: never needed to contact them for a problem (I believe their speakers are THE BEST), but awhile back, i got a pair of near-new 12" eminence speakers on Ebay. the seller didn't know what model they were, so i sent eminence an email telling them the serial # and that i thought they might be V12's. a day later i got a very polite answer saying they were indeed V12's and they were made in 2001. Frankly, since i didn't buy these new, i figured they wouldn't even bother answering me, but this proved to me that THIS IS A COMPANY WITH CLASS and they go the extra mile for their customers! The Wow Factor: the tone that can be squeezed from this speaker is indeed a sexual thing... Overall: any good speaker only gets better the more it gets 'broken in'. i don't forsee blowing it up, ever. beyond excellent tone, i also want a good deal..this speaker is definitely that. can't really think of anything to complain about it.

When you call, mention priority code 209-F0PL. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976