When you call, mention priority code 205-WPJV

Rating and Reviews: Eminence Swamp Thang

The Swamp Thang Guitar Speaker produces anything but a muddy tone. Whether you're looking for a thick, biting or smooth tone, the Swamp Thang will deliver.

"For the metal player." submitted July 23, 2015

By Curt B
Music Style: Metal, Rock, Alternative
Overall: First and foremost, I mainly play all types of metal. I tried these speakers on a whim from various different reviews and from reading all of the info that Eminence has to offer on their website. I recommend checking out their website before you purchase one of their loudspeakers. They have tons of info there and you can download a PDF selection guide or even email their tech support for help on exactly what you're looking for. I am very pleased with my choice. The distorted sound of this speaker is great; it excels in the low end and has a nice, clean high end that isn't ice picky. It has TONS of headroom due to the wattage it can handle. I loaded a Swamp Thang with a Governor in a vertical 2x12 with two 2 1/2" ports in the middle. Governor on top, Swamp on the bottom. Definitely my favorite combo of speakers now. The Governor has the V30'ish mid-range British sound that most metal players desire, and the Swamp rounds it off with its powerful low end. This cab is a completely different animal now. I definitely recommend it for metal. And the best part, made in the USA!

"BIG 3D BOTTOM END BASS!" submitted July 9, 2010

Overall
Music Style: Metal, rock, and blues.
Sound: This is a great speaker, but not for me. It is very bassy, and has a powerful bottom end. I would give it a 10 for blues or clean playing, but not my cup of joe for rock or metal. For blues its VERY 3D! Big sound, clean and heavy. If you add gain you hear it, but if you add too much I hear a slight buzz with my rig. IMO, unless you like the deathcore/grindcore uber heavy drop A, this speaker doesnt do too well for rock or metal. Hard to mic as well. This was used in a bugera 4X12 cab with 2 swamp thangs and 2 man o wars run from a modded spider valve hd100. Feature: Tis a speaker. I dropped one point because i wish it had the new eminence FDM on it. I will also have to add that is will make your rig sound louder than almost any other speaker. I guess thats a feature. So point given back. Ease of Use: It clearly labels positive and negative terminals. Anyone with basic wiring and soldering skills could easily hook them up. And if you dont, do an hours worth of research and you'll figure it out. Quality: Tis eminence. That means American made quality. Value: Your getting a great value on this speaker IF you know how to use it. Other wise you will be kicking yourself. Manufacturer Support: Their web site is AMAZING! sound clips for all their speakers, and a tone chart that will help you decide. And if you are still stuck on what to get, shoot them an email and they will be more than happy to help you decide. The Wow Factor: When it comes to speakers and sex appeal, eminence has it all. Blue painted basket, slight blue color to the cone, nice looking sticker. And heck, they even come with picks and a sticker! Plus a single swamp thang can handle a 100 watt tube amp by its self. Its like the big handsome buff speaker that all the thin sounding speakers wish they could be like and gets all babes. Overall: Overall a great speaker if you use right. It wont do everything like I hoped, but for blues and cleans, there is no other option to me. Big 3D bottom end bass sounds amazing, but its not what you think when you add it to rock.
11 of 15 people (73.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"ONE AWESOME SPEAKER" submitted March 31, 2014

By IRA VESTAL in CONOVER, NC
Musical Background: BEEN PLAYING FOR 20 YEARS
Music Style: METAL,ROCK,PUNK
Overall: THESE SPEAKERS ARE WHAT I WOULD CONSIDER TO BE ON A LOWER TONE THAN NORMAL..I HAVE TWO OF THESE IN CONJUCTION WITH TWO TEXAS HEATS IN A X PATTERN IN A 4 BY 12 CABINET. I HAVE THE LOW TONES AND MID TO HIGH TONES IVE ALWAYS WANTED AS A METAL GUITAR PLAYER..THIS SETUP IS ALSO IDEA FOR ALL YOU SEVEN AND EIGHT STRING GUITAR PLAYERS OUT THERE.MY CABINET WILL CONTEND AND BEAT OUT ANY OTHER 1000 DOLLAR CABINET ON THE MARKET. IF YOU GO TO EMINENCE WEBSITE YOU CAN HEAR TONE COMPARISONS FOR DIFFERENT SPEAKERS.FOR MY TASTE OF SOUND I CHOSE THE TEXAS HEATS AND SWAMP THANGS.

"Swamp thang" submitted August 13, 2015

By Jeff J in Noble, OK
Overall
Musical Background: I only play at home no gigging for me
Music Style: Metal and harder rock
Sound: The swamp thang tames the fizz on the 6505 it's a dark speaker and I like how it brings out the lows but you lose some pick attack so I paired it with a WGS Retro 30 and bam what a combination Ease of Use: It's a speaker just wore it up and go Quality: It has a huge magnet and is built like a tank Value: Well worth the money Manufacturer Support: Never had any reason to speak with them The Wow Factor: Not much of a wow factor it is only a speaker for goodness sakes Overall: Very dark speaker buts pairs really well with a WGS retro 30 in my 6505 combo

When you call, mention priority code 205-WPJV. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976