When you call, mention priority code 20W-90NW

Rating and Reviews: Eminence Redcoat Governor

Get yourself a loud, raunchy British Tone with this Red Coat Guitar Speaker. You get a British voice with a product made in the USA.

"Sounds great with Mesa Mini Rectifier!" submitted June 12, 2012

By Jeremy R
Musical Background: 15 years of playing and learning
Music Style: various styles but definitely a lot of rock and hard rock.
Overall: I upgraded a Bugera 2x12 cabinet with this speaker and an Eminence Man O War because I was very unhappy with the original speakers with my Mesa mini rec head. I bought this speaker to cover the high end of the duo and am very happy. It sounds GREAT! It's a lot louder than original speakers and keeps all the detail of my head and guitar without the fizzy hissing. It's not even broken in yet but sounds excellent. I have only used the rig in one live show so far but it did very well, plenty loud and very impressive sound quality. I'm now a hands down Eminence fan! I did my homework regarding what I wanted with my setup and it payed off, couldn't have asked for a more spot on sound for what I was looking for and the price was also very impressive!

"Great V30'esque sound!" submitted July 23, 2015

By Curt B
Music Style: Metal, Rock, Alternative
Overall: First and foremost, I mainly play all types of metal. I tried this speaker on a whim from various different reviews and from reading all of the info that Eminence has to offer on their website. I recommend checking out their website before you purchase one of their loudspeakers. They have tons of info there. You can download a PDF selection guide or even email their tech support for help on exactly what you're looking for. I am very pleased with my choice. The distorted sound of this speaker is great! It has the V30 mid range sound that most modern metal players go for, and isn't too harsh or icy picky with the high end. Works great from the metalcore fast, tight riffing sound to the 'djent' sound. I loaded a Swamp Thang with a Governor in a vertical 2x12 with two 2 1/2" ports in the middle. Governor on top, Swamp on the bottom. Definitely my favorite combo of speakers now. The Governor pumps out the mid-range, and the Swamp rounds it off with its powerful low end. This cabinet is a completely different animal now. I definitely recommend it for metal. And the best part, made in the USA!!

"Like a V30, only better !" submitted August 14, 2006

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Overall
Musical Background: active musician and home studio engineer
Music Style: blues, jazz, progresive rock and metal
Sound: This speaker performs like a more controlled Celestion V30. It has tight lows, a scooped but solid midrange and a top end that has bite without being harsh. What I like about the governor over the Celestion V30 is that the Governor handles more power and has a similar tone only better sounding in the midrange.The Celestion has a peak in the midrange that isn't so pleasant whereas the governor has a smoother transition from midrange to treble.I like to get my crunch from my amp rather than my speakers so these governors are a home run for me.V30 tone only better and more power handling and lower cost. Feature: Comes with a pick and a sticker.Good enough Ease of Use: It's a speaker and as such, needs to be used so that it can naturally break in.After they break in, they sound very nice Quality: So far, the Eminence speakers seem ot be better made than the CHinese Celestions and are less expensive.I'm impressed so far. Value: I suppose vintage gear guys want low wattage speakers and as such, might stick with Celestion Greenbacks or G12H30's but I don't like speaker breakup really and love the celestion based sounds with greater power handling and I love Eminence's lower prices. Manufacturer Support: Eminence returns emails which is rare for most music gear companies. They offer a good PDF that compares all the specs of their speaker line.I'd like to see sound samples of their speakers though.Celestions website offers samples which aren't all that accurate but the ydo help. The Wow Factor: The speaker is a magnet with voice coil and dust cover.But Eminence took the time to make a nice box for it and a nice label.But once it's inside the cabinet, that doesn't matter. Only sound and performance matters. Overall: Excellent value in this speaker. I think it outperforms the celestion V30. It seems to be as solid or more solid than Celestions speakers.I don't plan on buying any more celestions.And I don't see how this speaker could be much more improved really.
17 of 19 people (89.47%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"red coat rock !" submitted March 31, 2015

By Steven Wood in Campbellsville , KY
Musical Background: 30+ yrs, both professionally and for fun
Music Style: Classic rock, blues, modern country.
Overall: I bought this as a speaker upgrade for a peavey valve king amp, it's more than just an upgrade, significant increases across the board especially in the low end while retaining a crisp, sharp high side. A true value in bang for your buck ! Super clean or dirty and mean the governer will deliver. Very well built, I expect years of great tone from a proven manufacturer, made in the USA!

"Eminence Governor Red Coat Guitar Speaker (75 Watts 12" submitted February 24, 2016

By Victor Meanguitarlicks in San Diego, CA
Musical Background: Playing guitr for 30+ years
Music Style: Rock, Meta,l Prog Rock
Overall: These are hands down the best sounding speakers for Rock!!! IMO. I've used these before in an X pattern with Celestion V30 and this time with Celestion G75. They are very good and provide enough overtones to give you a rich warm sound with plenty of Break up. Great Seakers!!

"Eminence Governor" submitted April 22, 2014

By Todd S in Spring, TX
Musical Background: Multi instrument hobbyist
Music Style: Rock, blues, metal, ambient.
Overall: Great sounding speaker through American and British voiced amps. It blows my Celestions out the water. I'm definitely purchasing Eminence from now on!

"Best speaker on the planet. Got it?" submitted April 11, 2005

Music Style: Metal
Sound: Never have I owned or even heard such a perfect speaker. I have 4 of them installed in my cabinet and now that they are broken in, the sound quality is unbelievable. The mids are nice and punchy. The bass is very tight and solid, and the highs are smooth not too sharp. Feature: The box came with two Eminence picks, an Eminence grill sticker and an extremely badass speaker with a 7 year warranty. You can't beat it. The speaker looks and feels solid and comes with a rubber ring to protect the godzilla sized magnet. Quality: I already told ya, everything is tight with no blemishes. Actually all four of them arrived in perfect condition. I wouldn't trust anything else on the road. I would use it for a tire if I had a blowout. Value: These things are worth their weight in gold. However I think all speakers are too expensive. I got a really good price on mine when they first came out and now they are more expensive. Manufacturer Support: Can you say American made? Can you say 200 families in Kentucky depend on us to buy these works of art? 7 year warranty. That is faith in your product my friend. The Wow Factor: With that big fat 56 oz. magnet I would compare it as the "J Lo" of guitar speakers. Lots of junk in that trunk. Overall: I never thought I would hear my sound they way it is now. For me, it is like the sound that was always in my head but never coming through my cabinet. That is until I bought the Eminence Governor. One of the things I like best about this product is that it is American made. Now it is the only choice since you know who went to China.

"Great speaker, great company, American-made!" submitted December 26, 2011

By a customer from cox.net
Overall
Sound: I use it in a 2x12 Mesa Roadking paired with a Celestion C90. Works well with the C90 and gives the amp a brighter tone. Still needs to be broken in. Quality: Well-made and sturdy. Value: Great American company and solid warranty. Overall: I'd buy another one, probably the Man O War.

"Great Speakers, Great Sound!!" submitted June 9, 2011

Music Style: Hard Rock, Rock, Blues
Sound: First of all let me just say that the sound of these speakers are incredible. The amp I play through is a Marshall AVT 150 with a cabinet that orignally had Celestion G12L's, and let me say those Celestions were crap compared to the Governors. As soon as the Governors were installed, it gave my AVT 150 a sound that I never thought it could make. The Governors gave the amp a warmer, deeper sound. It also gave the sound more bass and a raspier tone. Unlike the Celestions that had a lot of treble and was ear pierceing with no absolute low end to the sound. The Red Coats gave my amp a more fuller sound and much more rounded. Let me say I also am a big Guns N' Roses fan, and a Slash fan. I always wanted that "Appetite For Destruction" sound, and i got it with these speakers. These speakers are like Vintage 30's but better, and made in the U.S.A. not China. I give the sound a 9 beacause really nothing is perfect. Feature: The Speakers came well protected in the box and included some guitar picks and a type of Eminence label to put on your amp cab. Really the picks and label weren't really needed, but it was nice of Eminence to include those things anyhow. Ease of Use: These speakers sound great out of the box. It is really easy to a great tone and the sound changes a lot with little adjustments on the knobs. Very versatile speakers, when it comes to getting sounds. Quality: The speakers are made very well. They are very heavy, and magnets are huge with included dust covers. The Governors have a red finish and look really cool in the cab. But best of all, they are American made and have a 7 year warranty. Value: These speakers are worth their price compared to others such as Celestions. The Governors are cheaper in price, made better, sound just as good if not better and are made in America. Not in China. I bought these speakers not only because they are better, but to keep Americans working. Manufacturer Support: I have never had to deal with the company. Never had any trouble with the speakers. The way these are made, I probably will never need support. The Wow Factor: They're just speakers, it's all about the sound, not the way they look. Besides they're in the cab anyway no one is going to see them. But in my opinion, the sex appeal is OFF THE CHARTS! Overall: I will be satisfied with these speakers for a long time and don't plan on replacing them anytime soon.

"The Governor!" submitted December 12, 2007

By a customer from centurytel.net
Musical Background: Musician
Sound: Compared with a Celestion V30 and an Eminence Wizard. This speaker has balls! Feature: Speaker is built like a tank. Quality: Typical Eminence (made in USA) quality. Manufacturer Support: Seven year warranty! The Wow Factor: This speaker rocks! I currently have it in my Marshall AVT 50 but I intend on building a 4x12 cab with Governors!

"That'll do, pig, that'll do" submitted July 16, 2008

By a customer from localnet.com
Musical Background: 30+ years pro
Music Style: what ever sells
Sound: Replaced the stock speakers in a Crate V212B cab. Nice bass response. Not too middy. Highs a tad lacking. When I add boost with my Mesa Heartbreaker Head, they are just a bit fizzy. Compared to the stock Chinese manufactured speakers in this cab, there really isn't a lot of difference in tone, in fact the stock speakers sound a little better clean. The governors take distortion better, but I don't think that they really compare to the Emminence V12s I have in a 4x12 cab. Feature: features? it's a speaker. Ease of Use: Pretty easy to use. Just hook it up! Quality: Very well made, heavy duty product, nice construction. Value: new, a bit over priced, but on the used market, can be found for excellent prices Manufacturer Support: They have alway responded quickly and are knowledgeable regardin speaker, sound reinforcement and cabinet construction. The Wow Factor: nice paint job and marketing hype Overall: will do for now, probably will replace with V12's later on

"Emi GOVERNOR and Lil BUddy too" submitted January 17, 2013

By kay bee in new york, NY
Overall
Musical Background: non pro, but experienced
Music Style: jazz, slow blues, soft rock
Overall: Eminence Governor and Lil Buddy GTR spkrs. hello musicians... i address this review to those who CAN hear small differences, and who Dare to try different things... today, we took the epiphone Dot studio geetar, with the tiny vox ac4tv mini Tubes amp...to test out around 15 different eminence speakers ! the above is based on the sweet, bloom sound of EL 84 tube... and that is what we aimed to get... a bit MORE than the internal 6 inch speaker, which is, actually, quite nice on its own too ! but on the Backside, i saw a speaker connection for 16 ohms... mmmm conclusion first... I chose the Governor, AND the Lil Buddy. yes, a red and a blue...! we are gonna make 2 separate boxes, and allow series connection so they add up to 16 ohms... OR, be played individually at 8 ohms.. there is Quite a difference between the above 2 spkrs in sound, however, surprisingly, when Connected Together in series and played back with the above equipment IN CLEAN MODE, the sounds are simply AMAZINGLY accurate and Dream like ! can put one in a trance ! so, GO ahead, and try out various eminence and other spkrs combinations too ... u will be surprised ! the next bests, which i liked for the slow slow jazzy type , are : private jack tonespotter so, ,there you have it one man's test results in a compressed form ! thanks for reading and always have fun or Joy ! k

When you call, mention priority code 20W-90NW. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976