When you call, mention priority code 14N4-XXSQ

Rating and Reviews: EMG DG20 David Gilmour

The EMG DG20 is a great way to get David Gilmour's tone. If the DG20 lets your band start playing different tunes, then I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.

"Extremely Satisfied" submitted October 7, 2012

By Mark W in St. Augustine , FL
Overall
Musical Background: I'm a play at home person, I have two electric guitars and one acoustic. Not an accomplished musician YET.
Music Style: Rock, country, blues, classical, latin.
Overall: I grew up with the music of Pink Floyd and David Gilmour and have always wanted to play his solo's and music. So when I seen the DG20 by EMG, I had to have it. This was so simple to install and the sound quality was excellent. The midrange and low end boost feature it offers are amazing. I have had many hours of pleasure at playing with these pickups in my guitar and will have many future discoveries in the many sounds I can find in them. Making music, making memories. Thanks zZounds and EMG for your great products and service.

"With these bad boys, I'm locked and loaded!" submitted January 12, 2009

Musical Background: Active Misician, Audio Engineer/Recording Engineer
Music Style: Contemporary Christian, Jazz, & Rock
Sound: This product is all I could have ever imagined and more! The sound quality is amazing whether you overdrive the signal or play it squeaky clean. Once you start experimenting with it you'll fine out just how versatile it is and then fun begins. These pickups are perfect for me as I play lead solos, finger pick or just strum chords. I use it live through a BOSS GT3 effects processor. When recording I mic it through a Carvin-SX300 amp and sometimes through a LINE 6 SPIDER 3 amp, using a SHURE SM57. It sounds fantastic live or recorded! When you go to install this on your guitar. I would highly recommend you use the hole that the original ground wire runs through to the back chamber of your Strat to run the battery wires through so that you can replace the battery's through the back of your guitar. Instead of having to take all the strings off and pull the pick guard off every time you need to be replaced the battery. To make room for the battery, all I did was move the center spring over one position. The battery fit perfectly! Feature: The features are the EMG-SPC and EXG active tone circuits. Using them along with the volume control gives you an almost endless variety of sound quality's, at your disposal. It has everything I wanted and then some. The quality is excellent! Ease of Use: This thing is so easy to get great sounds out of. It is hands down the best set of single coil pickups I've ever had the pleasure to use. The EMG-SPC and EXG control pods sound fantastic whether you use them flat out or sparingly. Everything in-between is completely usable as well. If you have a certain sound that you want to get out of these pickups all you have to do is dial them up. It's as easy as calling an old friend. There is nothing you need to learn how to do to use this thing, just relax, enjoy and have fun with it. Quality: This product is made extremely well. (Except for one of the black wires from the circuit board was incorrectly wired. You'll see when you read the diagram. It takes seconds to solder it correctly.) The rest is completely dependable and totally roadworthy. I expect to be playing this guitar with these pickups on it, as long as I live. I've already owned this Strat for 25 years. I bought it in 1984. Value: I paid $300.00 for this thing, but I believe it made my guitar 300 time better than it was. So, I believe it was well worth every penny I paid. Manufacturer Support: I tried to explain to the support Tech at EMG that the diagram with the documentation they sent me had the wiring completely reversed. He couldn't have been more rude or aggressive to me. He tried to talked down to me and was absolutely no help what-so-ever in any way, shape or form. The next day I simply went to their web-site, found their customer support link, looked up the wiring diagram and wired it up correctly. From this source I also found out one of the black wires from the circuit board was wired incorrectly. I will be documenting this and sending the information to ZZOUNDS The Wow Factor: This thing also looks great! The looks of a product are probably the last thing I think about, I'm all about the sound. So, when something sounds fantastic (like this does) and also looks great, I call that a win win!!! Overall: I intend to use this product on this guitar for as long as I live. I've already owned the guitar for 25 years. I bought it in 1984. I have a lot of guitars and I use most of them. This Strat will now be one of my main instraments, again. These pickups are that good. Last year I put the Seymour Duncan Hot Rod set on an old Hamer I've had and they sound very nice, but these EMG DG 20's are amazing! They meet and exceed my expectations.
73 of 76 people (96.05%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 14N4-XXSQ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976