When you call, mention priority code 15WQ-LWS1

Rating and Reviews: EMG 89 Active Humbucker

Get 2 pickups in one with this EMG humbucker pickup. The EMG-89 has a single and dual coil pickup inside of it.

"Perfect SOUND for a neck pickup! Better than a 60!" submitted October 20, 2011

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Music Style: Classic Rock, Blues and Country and Metal
Sound: I have these in my Schecter Hellraiser Sunsets and absolutely LOVE THEM! I have played the 81/85 and now the 81/60 combos and believe the 81/89 are simply THE BEST ALL AROUND for sound! The coil tap on the 89 has a better treble response along with CLARITY which is what makes my decision! I sometimes ask WHY but guess everyone has an opinion of perfect sound. I know for my style of playing/SHREDDING the 81TW/89 is PERFECT! Quality: Batteries LAST a LONG TIME!

"EMG 89 not the best but one of the better" submitted August 15, 2010

Musical Background: Playing guitar for 3 years
Music Style: Thrash Metal, Death Metal, Classical Rock, Jazz, Blues, Christian. etc
Sound: The sound is pretty good through I would prefer the 85 than the 89. the sound is pretty 85ish but the aggressive and the power isn't in the 89. the coil-tapping does make up for the aggressive so it good. I like the sound when I play clean since it rich in clarity and has a very rich and warm sound to it Feature: I like the coil-tapping and I believe that it is the maybe the most valueable feature in the guitar. Ease of Use: The pickup can be from the cleanest jazz in the jc-120 to the heaviest metal in the Mesa Boogie Triple Recificer Quality: It has very good quality but it is not the best pickup i had used. I would rather have a Seymour Duncans passive pickup but the pickup is fine for me right now. Value: It is pretty expensive at $119 and I would like the pickup to be aleast 80. However it has alot of value since you can coil-tap and its versatility Manufacturer Support: I have not call EMG so i have no clue. Overall: Even through it not the best pickup in the world. I believe the 89 still one of the best pickups I had tried from EMG.

When you call, mention priority code 15WQ-LWS1. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976