When you call, mention priority code 20J-W01H

Rating and Reviews: EMG 5766 Pickup Set

Pair the PAF-like voice and active headroom of the 57 bridge pickup with the smooth mid-range and vast lows of the 66 neck pickup for a tonal one-two punch.

"Very good tone, high output actives" submitted November 27, 2015

By Paul A in N Dallas, TX
Overall
Musical Background: playing 4 decades no longer doing the band thing, enjoying the freedom to play whatever pops up.
Music Style: Heavy Fusion blues-jazz-metal. No country or pop.
Overall: I just replaced a set of 81/85s in my custom Les Paul plus (Epiphone). Since it was wired for EMGs it was a simple matter to just unplug and plug in the new 66/57. I did not bother gutting the guitar and using the quick connect pre-wires which are quite cool. My Epi LP had some caps on the tone controls for treble bleed I presume. I left them on pending talking to EMG in a couple of days if these are good or bad w the 6657s. Seems to sound great using them. You are either going to like EMGs or not and that is that. Personally I like these and I have an array of other pickups on my other guitars. I was pretty happy with the 81/85 set but curious about this more hybrid model. Plus these just look too cool w the brushed black chrome for my Epi Prophecy EX. After retweaking all my settings for these, getting them dialed in, they are quite a bit hotter output than the former and I found I needed to back them off a little to get the best clean tones. Unlike other EMG models I think you can get these too close to the strings and it creates a weird breakup sag, not unlike having passives too close for high gain. The 57 burns and indeed sounds like a woody LP PAF the 66 is rich and full sounding. I get great clean range of tones and high gain is amazing. I play a wide range of heavy fusion from blues-jazz-metal and these cover the bases well. Advantage w the Les Paul as one tends to use the volume and tones more these are great pickups for that constant adjust. Best EMG set I have tried so far.

"EMG 57/66 Set" submitted March 20, 2015

By Brad H in Wichita Falls, TX
Musical Background: Hobbyist, lead guitar in metal band
Music Style: Rock, Hard Rock, Metal
Overall: I had been trying to get along with passive pickups for the last year. JB/59 set in an SZ model, and the stock pickups in my PRS Mike Mushok baritone. Neither of these guitars had the oomph and the balls that my inbanez rg and my MTM1 had with the active pickups. So I finally ripped out the guts and bought an 81 for the SZ, it's perfect now. Decided to give these a try in my baritone as I see these stock on many schecter 7 & 8 string guitars so I figured these could handle the lower tunings. I read many reviews and watched many demos. These pickups seemed like the best of both worlds. The dynamics and nuances of a passive with the gall and the aggression of an active. Slapped a set of these in chrome on my baritone and I have to say.. These things completely blew me away. This guitar is like a brand new machine with these pups. They act just like every review describes. Handles my drop A tuning without a problem. Handles dynamic playing great and has the aggression I need. I absolutely love these pups. If your thinking about getting these, don't hesitate. They wont let you down. And as always zZounds is fantastic with their service.

"Best EMG set - hybrid tone of passive and active" submitted November 30, 2015

By Paul A in N Dallas, TX
Overall
Musical Background: 41 yrs player, retired from live bands, enjoying the freedom of playing whatever comes to mind
Music Style: heavy jazz fusion mix
Overall: I got a Epiphone LP custom that came with the 81/85 set and those were nice pickups but I found switching to the 57/66 set gave me more range of tones for my heavy fusion style. Gains and cleans are superior with this set. With the kits quick connect system it makes install a breeze. Since mine had Factory EMG already I just had to unplug the set and plug in the new, simple sweet no hassle. Really into the EMG thing. Actives produce a low impedance output so watch out for the older fuzz circuits that do not work w loZ. I run a large +10 pedal board and these pu's crank the tones. Big recommend from blues, jazz fusion to metal (I do not do country). Quick install and amazing tones!!! I also suggest not putting these as close to the strings as maybe the 81/85 set which also adds to the PAF type tones.

"EMG 5766 set the best EMGs I have used" submitted December 20, 2015

By a customer from outlook.com in McKinney, TX
Musical Background: playing 4 decades
Music Style: heavy fusion mix
Overall: Extraordinary hybrid tone spectrum. The definition under gain of 8185s but more passive like tone from the mag pole structure. For my Les Paul which had 81585s these have just far more range of tones using the LPs vol and tones from clean jazz to heavy gain and effect modified tones. Marvelous set of pickups. Best EMG design yet.

When you call, mention priority code 20J-W01H. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976