When you call, mention priority code 1403-P0ZD

Rating and Reviews: ElectroVoice ZXA1 Sub

Extend your PA system's low-end punch with this powered 700-watt subwoofer from Electro-Voice -- a perfect sub to pair with your ZXA full-range loudspeakers.

Overall

"Great Low End Enhancement Without Breaking Your Back" submitted February 5, 2013

By Craig Wood in Springfield, VA
Musical Background: Musician 15 years; guitar, keys, DAWs, Turntables
Music Style: EDM: DnB, House, Dubstep, Complextro
Sound: The sound was exactly what I was looking for. When doing private functions at buildings where multiple events are occurring, I'm often asked by planners and building reps to make sure the bass wouldn't bleed into adjacent rooms. Knowing this, I wanted to add low end that would enhance my sound setup, not rattle dentures from the mouths of the elderly. The ZXA1 gave me said low end, and now the audiophile in me can't remember what life was like prior to buying this sub. Feature: 2 XLR IN/OUT, polarity invert and boost.–your typical subwoofer features. The one non-electrical feature that I appreciate the most is the weight. This thing is cake to carry and travel with, yet still packs a punch. Ease of Use: Great sounds are easy to obtain. As you long as you have basic knowledge of gain structure, you will achieve a great end result. Quality: Built like a brick, light as a feather. Doesn't feel cheap by any means. I don't see it falling apart anytime soon. A lot of times you get what you pay for, but this subwoofer truly feels like I've gotten more than what I paid for, ten fold. Value: As previously mentioned, at this price it's a STEAL. You want find a better sounding sub in this price bracket. Period. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with them, but based on my research those who have had to deal with them have enjoyed nothing but positive outcomes. The Wow Factor: Honestly, the warm bass emitted from this baby really brings the live mix as a whole together nicely. I was taken back but just how amazing it sounds and have no regrets about abandoning the QSC sub purchase. Overall: I was looking to add some low end to my current setup (QSC K12's) and was on the cusp of buying QSC's subwoofer. Price wasn't really an object. My concern was sound and weight. After doing my research, the name I kept encountering was "ElectroVoice." I figured I'd roll the dice and, worse case scenario, I return it to zzounds.com if I didn't like. Needless to say, the ZXA1 has found a permanent home with me.
32 of 33 people (96.97%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Nice little 12 inch sub with some decent bass" submitted November 19, 2012

By Brian R in Blairstown, NJ
Musical Background: DJ for 18 years
Music Style: All music
Overall: So I ordered one of these a month ago just to see what it got for a little sub...I'm a qsc kind of guy with 2 k12's and 2 ksubs...this little guy fits in perfect with my system. I'm not big on carrying huge 18 inch subs that weight almost 85+ pounds. This little sub from ev gives a nice punch for the size....700 watts of nice clean punchy bass...it's not chest pumping but you can hear it...I set this up with my qsc system and it added a little more low end....I recommend this sub for people that wanna little more punch in there system...depending on what top speakers you have...this little sub by itself is good for about 50-100 people. I'm going to buy another one just to have a pair. This is a good buy

"small but BIG" submitted June 2, 2014

By Keoki P in Hilo, HI
Overall
Sound: Sounds like an EV sub tight and punchy Feature: Not much features basic with 2 i and 2 o , bass boost, polarity switch Ease of Use: Best part of purchase is the weight, there isn't much of it, can carry 2 one in each hand like 5 gallon buckets. Stairs is not a problem anymore. Stackable. Quality: Made in China , looks good, amp module doesn't get too hot, paint feels a little rougher than elx118p, don't know if its tougher, full face grille, speaker covers ok too. Value: The value is in reliability, then price is next, to me it is worth the money, plus zzounds was running the 12 pay plan, even better. Manufacturer Support: Service for me was good with ev, purchased zlx115p a while back lost the menu knob, it vibrated off the shaft, emailed them my problem, they sent replacement part no charge The Wow Factor: What appealed to me when making this purchase is the weight and size, my thought was if it sounds tight and punchy like the elx 118p, then get it. I have a lot of stairs for loading in and out before getting to the gigs. This gives me more options, where I wouldn't need chest pounding bass and saves the BACK. Overall: Now more options to choose from small rig or big rig

"Beyond impressed!" submitted March 25, 2013

By Elizabeth R in Wilmington, NC
Musical Background: 10 years as a mobile DJ
Music Style: All over the place...from classical at weddings to dubstep at parties
Overall: Just got this sub in today....I was a bit worried about the performance with it being a 12 inch woofer. Hooked everything up and all I can say is WOW! This product was actually recommended by the rep I spoke with on the phone.....glad I took his advice. Looks like I will be ordering one more of these tonight. A really great addition to my set up and very affordable.

"Masterpiece " submitted October 27, 2013

By Frankie R in Amsterdam, NY
Musical Background: DJ
Music Style: All Genres
Overall: I bought one of these to add to my ZXA1 tops. When I first heard them, I was amazed by the rich clean sound thats coming out of this micro system. Really the system will fit in a truck of a car. Easy to setup , Oh and did I say light weight too.

"GREAT COMPACT SUB!!" submitted June 10, 2012

By Steven W.
Overall
Overall: ok, so i picked up this sub because i needed something more compact for my mobile djing gigs. this is a great sub for the size! i am using these along with a pair of QSC K8's. Don't expect chest pounding bass, but this definitely will do the job in filling in the lower end missing on smaller full range speakers. I would suggest using this sub for a party of 50-100 people...anything larger, you may want to consider at least using 2 of these subs. The best way i can explain the sound is, bass that you can hear, but not necessarily feel. i'd highly recommend this sub. At 46lbs, its a no brainer for anyone tight on space and don't want to carry around a bigger heavier sub.
24 of 26 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"a mobile DJ's Dream Sub come true" submitted May 13, 2013

By a customer from hotmail.com in Pickerington, OH
Musical Background: 20 plus year veteran DJ
Music Style: mobile DJ so I play a bit of everything
Overall: I've been a mobile DJ for years. Got rid of my SUV last year so I decided to switch my older larger gear to smaller gear (laptop, controller, powered speakers, etc.) which I loved being able to DJ being able to carry everything in my Nissan Sentra. I originally purchased the Mackie Thumps TH15A's and then later upgraded to the SRM450v2's (which I love both sets of speakers) but all of my DJ buddies were always saying that I should get a sub. I never used a sub before and didn't ever think about it because they are mainly big huge and heavy then someone told me about this one and I did my research, went to the local Guitar Center to check it out and I was blown away. I narrowed down my choices to this sub and the Mackie DLM12S and I went with this one because of the price (the Mackie one had all of the bells and whistles but sound and quality-wise there wasn't really that much of a difference as far as I could tell.) I love it and it really adds some lows to my system. One sub works perfectly fine for my needs but I'm planning to eventually get a 2nd just for any larger gigs I may get.

"TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY!" submitted January 13, 2013

By brian w in manistee, MI
Musical Background: DJ and retired musician
Music Style: all
Overall: We purchased this sub for portability and smaller venues..we are blown away by the power and punchy this this 12" sub packs!..we have used this sub for crowds exceeding 100 and even though we were playing todays "pop" with all that bass sound..this sub held its own with no issues. I AM SOLD!

"Excellent Product" submitted December 1, 2013

By a customer from centurylink.net
Overall
Overall: The product shipped & arrived on scheduled without any problems. Setup was simple & the Electro-Voice ZXA1 Powered Subwoofer sound great. I use it in a 3,000 square foot room & it served to replace two non-active speakers with 15" woofers & high-frequency cones.

"excellent sub !" submitted October 22, 2012

By Bob Goldstein in Manhatten, NY
Music Style: all
Overall: I love the thump and the overall bass out of the ZXA1 Sub. It's 700w RMS 1400watts peak power-plenty of power for any venue. KUDOS to Electrovoice on this compact masterpiece !!!!!
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Excelent Sub Woofer." submitted December 15, 2013

By Jack Fahey in Brigantine, NJ
Musical Background: A Night club & moble DJ since 1975
Music Style: All types
Overall: Beyond my expectations.

When you call, mention priority code 1403-P0ZD. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976