When you call, mention priority code 13ZM-FVVV

Rating and Reviews: EV ZXA190B Active Speaker

Small yet mighty, this 800-watt 8" powered speaker from Electro-Voice makes a fantastic personal monitor, front-fill, or mains for a super-portable PA.

"small but BIG part 2" submitted June 2, 2014

By Keoki P in Hilo, HI
Overall
Sound: Sounds good as monitor, if using on full range on stands it can sound a little thin if trying to throw the sound too far. With the matching subs they sound really good. Feature: 2 channel mixer, mic and combo inputs, plus sound per weight factor, quicker set up times for smaller gigs Ease of Use: Ease of use is easy to use Quality: Made in Mexico, nice full grille, plastic cabinet, clean lines, looks high quality Value: Reliability is key in measuring its value, my first ev ever purchased was the zlx115p, from zzounds and it's been holding up well. Is it worth it's typical selling price compared to others, I'd say yes. Manufacturer Support: Yes, minor problem the menu knob fell off of zlx 115p, used email, stated problem, they sent part in mail no charge. The Wow Factor: Giving me more options to choose from, use light or heavy system and still having a great sounding rig Overall: Worth having if you have the subs, for monitors their perfect, small footprint, gets pretty loud too.

"Just what we needed" submitted June 26, 2012

By Jim M in Alamogordo, NM
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing for 53 yrs, I play woodwinds but mainly bari sax, I have played professionally, now, mostly I play causually
Music Style: Jazz, big band, blues, funk, classical, rock, country, r & b, soul, pretty much anything someone will let me put a sax with.
Overall: These little 8" are just what we needed and more. We got them to use as front fills and work great but their performance is so good that we have been able to use thme in several different ways.

"this small & mighty wins a place in my keyboard rig" submitted December 31, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: keyboards, flute, local bands plus home studio
Music Style: acid jazz, Christian
Sound: Was looking for a replacement for my 61 pound "off-brand Mackie450 clone" which I've been using for about 3 years for monitoring keyboards with my 5 piece original jazz/rock band the Urban Sherpas (plug). I haven't used it enough to say if one is better than the other, but I'm completely satisfied with the ZXA and it has plenty of volume for monitoring and as my main amp for small to medium venues. In the decision making phase of purchase, I was very concerned about bass response from the ZXA's 8" vs. clone's 12". I don't miss any bass at all from the ZXA's. I'm very pleasantly surprised. Electric and acoustic pianos (including left hand boogie bass lines), strings, B3 clone, synth pads and leads..all sound great Feature: 19 pounds and sounds great! Pole mount or monitor wedge placement. plenty of bass and volume for my needs. price was about 1/2 of QSC alternative. did I mention 19 lbs.? love it. Ease of Use: highly portable. easy attachment of up to 2 inputs Quality: With some trepidation, I took a chance and got a "blemished" from zzounds. Aesthetically it was perfect. At HIGH volume it buzzed. I took the speaker grill off and found that all 4 screws holding the 8" were loose. tightened'em up and it's now golden. Score. Value: oh yeah. Manufacturer Support: I was not able to find ANY local dealers to listen before I purchased, so was banking on being able to return to zzounds if not satisfied (thank you, zzounds). I never had to do that..I'm keeping it! Overall: I'd buy it again; in fact I may buy another for changing my rig to stereo. Even with 2 of these, it's lighter than what it's replacing.
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Money well spent" submitted October 27, 2013

By Frankie R in Amsterdam, NY
Musical Background: Mobile DJ serving the Capital Region
Music Style: Latin, house, hip hop, r.n.b,
Overall: I have been looking to replace my big heavy Gemini GVX15P for almost a year. I just didn't know what to get. Bigger is better, right? Not true. I liked my GVX15's, they sounded great but they were to heavy, 72lbs each. These are the perfect chose they are loud and light, 19lbs. When I first heard them, I was amazed at the quality of sound them was coming out of that small speaker. I love these speakers, best buy of the year for me. They will put a smile on your face. One person told me that the sound was better than a live band, it was crisp and clear, and loud!!

"Small, Light & Kicks It~" submitted August 6, 2013

By Laura C in Taos, NM
Musical Background: Professional Musician
Music Style: Singer/Songwriter, Americana, Folk, Rock, Blues
Sound: Clear and loud. Quality: So far pretty road worthy Value: Pricey, but worth it. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it so far. The Wow Factor: Wow, it's light. Wow, it's loud. Overall: I'm not 20 anymore, and lifting heavy objects is above my pay grade. I originally bought one of these for my keyboard, but as I started doing more solo gigs., I have found it to work perfectly as a PA. Eventually I'll get a 2nd one. It is a bit pricey, but I haven't seen anything cheaper that gets the job done with as much finesse as this EV.

"A must for any serious sound venue." submitted July 18, 2011

By a customer from embarqmail.com
Musical Background: Certified Technoligy Specialist CTS Infocomm
Music Style: All
Sound: I went to the EV display room at infocomm 2011 and heard these speakers for the first time. I own the EV live series and wanted to hear the different product EV offers. I listened to the various line arrays, tour models and live x series. At the very end of my review the sound person played the ZXA1. I immediately noticed a great sound. As I walked to the front of the large line of speakers to figure out which ones I was listening to, the EV rep used his laser pointer and pointed it to the little ZXA1s. I was so blown away that I immediately knew this was a pair of loudspeakers I wanted for my small venues. The dispersion pattern was excellent as proven when I had difficulty determining which set of speakers I was listening to at the demonstration. Feature: Wish they had the RCA input so I could hook up an iPod. Other than that, pretty simple line/mic. I do not like the monitor position support. I wish it had small pads for protection. Ease of Use: Very easy Quality: I crank these pretty good. I think they limit a little to early around 107db. But then again what do you expect from 8". Value: $499 is a little steep, but I didn't pay that. All and all I think they are priced excellent as compared to the QSC. Manufacturer Support: Never needed it. The Wow Factor: Wish the EV lit up in the front like the live X. Considering that is the only thing I find wrong, that is one nice speaker. Overall: A must for any serious sound venue. I used three of these speakers as monitors for a four piece acoustic show during bike week. The group wanted to use their QSC K10s for the mains. I was happy about that because it gave me an opportunity to hear them both at the same time. The venue was fairly small 150 or so (in a bar). The music was alternative rock, not your typical acoustic show, so we still cranked it up. The band liked it loud, so I gave it to them. 3/4 of the show was 80% monitor and 20% QSC mains. That is how much these monitors put out and just how great the sounded. They carried the entire bar! For the DJ use, perfect for any venue of 100ppl or so. Perfect for anything outside. Perfect for fillers for any size venue. As compared to the K10 (not the K8) they held their own! Grrreeeaaattttttt dispersion.

"Speakers" submitted April 16, 2014

By Gary P in Bloomington, IN
Musical Background: Keyboards.
Music Style: Jazz
Overall: They sound good with Yamaha CP4. Have not done any A-B comparisons, however. Yet I'm satisfied.

"Bad Speaker for it Cost" submitted March 27, 2012

By Henry Cordero in Orlando, FL
Music Style: Proffesional Singer, Sound men and musician
Overall: I bought it about two years ago, the first year have to send it to repair because some problem with the overheat, the second time the twitters blow and I have to send it to repair butt they didn't want to cover it on the warranty, finally they decide to cover it because of the time of have me waiting whit out my speaker (2 months). Now I used only 4 times on church bingo for only speak and the twitters blow again and they don't want to cover it, they want me to send it at my expenses for then to run a test on the board to see if there any problem with it if not I am screw. Stay away of this speaker system If you don't want to lose time, money and clients.

When you call, mention priority code 13ZM-FVVV. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976