When you call, mention priority code 20C-L7J8

Rating and Reviews: Electro-Voice ZX1

Customize your PA system with this versatile Electro-Voice 2-way speaker. It has a rotatable horn, adjustable monitor angles and variety of mounting options.

Electro-Voice ZX1 Customer Review submitted November 16, 2009

Overall
Music Style: rock, country, acoustic, surf
Sound: THE SOUND IS AMAZING FOR ITS SIZE. I SOMETIMES USE IT AS A 2ND MAIN SPEAKER AT SMALLER PLACES, BUT MAINLY AS A MONITOR. I MOUNT IT ON A POLE SO IT IS CLOSER TO ME AND EASIER TO HEAR. Feature: SOUNDS AS LOUD AS MANY OF THE BULKY 15" FLOOR MONITORS. IT'S EASY TO PACK AND GREAT FOR THOSE VENUES THAT HAVE TIGHT SPACES FOR BANDS Ease of Use: I LIKE THE SPEAKON ADAPTERS. ANOTHER REVIEW COMPLAINED THAT IT WAS A SAFETY HAZARD BECAUSE YOU CAN TRIP OVER THEM. HEY IDIOT, WATCH WHERE U ARE WALKING. I DON'T WANT THE CABLES TO COME UNPLUGGED WHEN SOME TOOL TRIPS OVER THE CABLE. Quality: ONLY PROBLEM I HAD WAS THAT THE SPEAKER BLEW OUT AFTER ABOUT 3 MONTHS OF USE. I WAS USING IT WITH AN ACOUSTIC DUO SO ITS NOT LIKE I WAS BLASTING THE THING. THIS IS MY ONLY BEEF WITH THE PRODUCT. FOR $299, THE SPEAKER SHOULDN'T BLOW THAT EASILY.

"Simply the best small speaker made for acoustic or vocal." submitted April 28, 2010

By a customer from austinmfg.com
Musical Background: Semi-pro
Music Style: Roots rock acoustic
Sound: I have used these speakers for almost five years now and am always amazed at how they sound. I have had the horn section go out on both speakers and they repaired them twice under warantee. While waiting for the horn to come back my duo partner and I used his powered 450 Mackies and believe it or not he was even amazed at how much better the EV's sounded than the Mackies. Great sound! Feature: I do agree I would like 1/4" jacks on there just in case but I have never had a problem with the Speakons. Ease of Use: Easy as it gets plus very light weight. Quality: I think the quality is great except I have had to send the horns in a couple of times. Twice it was factory waranteed and once I had to pay but after 5 years of constant use that's not bad. Value: I heard a pair of these, actually the predesessors to these years ago that some friends were using and I just couldn't get over the fullness of sound for the size and price. Bought em and have been in love ever since. Would buy them again in a heartbeat for my acoustic duo/trio. Manufacturer Support: Very easy to deal with and prompt response of the repairs. Overall: If these blew up today I would break my little finger ordering another set.

"How much better could it get?" submitted June 27, 2007

Musical Background: Part time weekend warrior in a band
Music Style: Little of this, little that
Sound: Look people,,,you'll look far and wide but won't find a sweeter sounding 8" 2-way speaker that has the hootspa that this one has. Sure you can get bigger (and spend much more) but if you're looking for portable DJ/compact-stage PA/floor monitors/studio monitors/side-fill monitors,,etc etc etc,,,here's the real deal from EV. Feature: The cool feature is that you can physically rotate the horn/driver mount to optimize the dispersion of the sound. Sure you'll have to pull off the cover and use a screwdriver,,,no biggie. The dual speakon connectors are fine,,,I read a review that said there should be a 1/4" jack on them too in case they get pulled out,,,,thought the idea was to NOT get the cables pulled out. Better connectivity and power delivery that way,,,so learn how to run the wires, tape them down, and get the right length cables for that job,,,no brainer. The handle "Pouch" is just okay,,,feels like your hand could slip out,,maybe some grip tape in there would help? Still plenty light enough to carry even 2 at a time. I use them for an on-stqage stereo keyboard set up for the band I play in. They also get used as the practice PA system,,,hey, they'll handle 200watts rms so drive 'em like you should and get your money's worth. Ease of Use: Plug and play,,,,pole mount idea is standard,,easy to pick and place them well over your head due to their lite-weight. Only thing easier would be having someone else do it for you,,,,, Quality: Well made, durable/tough poly cabinets, adjustable/rotatable horns,mine are whit so I take a little extra care to avoid dropping,scratching,bumping,dragging,,,,just take good care of it and it will take care of you. Value: You can spend less on an 8" 2-way speaker for this application but you won't find a better one. Retail for this beast is around $285.00 new in the box,,,maybe more people would part with their money if it was a $229.00/each price tag? Maybe EV should drop the price and sell more of them,,,just me thinking out loud. Manufacturer Support: Never had to use support for any EV product that I've ever owned,,,,although there was that $129.00 ND 357 mic that crapped out after 8 years of abuse,,,go figure. I don't expect to be asking for help anytime soon. The Wow Factor: Slick looking cabinet,,multi-use, looks real "clean" in white. I own 2 of them for my needs (also helps lessen the back-ache). How can you say no to a speaker that actually helps reduce the pain of moving equipment around? Overall: I would have to say that if I ever replace these,,I'd continue searching for another EV product that performs just as good,,maybe I'll upgrade one day to a pair of 12" 2-ways? Never know.

"As Advertised?" submitted August 14, 2012

By jeffrey caudle in bolivar,, MO
Overall
Musical Background: play guitar,piano, baritone. B.S. in Music with Vocal emphasis. Play music @ home, church, gospel sings, and civic events, and
Music Style: everything from Bach to Rock. (And no, screamo and rap don't fall into that catagory
Overall: I purchased an EV zx190 that was supposedly blemished/used. The shipping was as advertised. When I opened the box I couldn't find anything wrong with it. It maybe had a couple of light scuff marks on the plastic, but nothing you wouldn't get from just showroom/factory/shipping kind of handling. As far as I can tell I got a new speaker for $225.00 or so instead of $300. All Thumbs UP!!!!!!!

"We Finally found the " Perfect" Medium Venue PA System!" submitted February 4, 2011

By a customer from AOL.COM
Musical Background: Forty Years, Professional Musician
Music Style: 50's 60's 70's with a Country Blend
Sound: I just purchased two ZX1's to use as monitors for my Duo. EV has NEVER let us down. We use two I Force 18's and two ZX4's for our mains. Just last night at our gig location, we combined the 18's and the ZX1's to try as our mains. We were absolutely blown away by the Clean, Crisp, cut through the room noise, sound they produced. Both the Vocals and the Keyboards NEVER sounded better! The venue's we play typically seat between 200 and 350 people. Some room's using the 18' and 15's produced a muddy sound we just couldn't EQ away. I believe we found the perfect sound set up, really by accident. At only 18 pounds, don't let the size and weight fool you. The ZX1's are simply AWESOME Speakers! Couple them with a pair of Sub's and prepare yourself for an unbelievable combination! Now, we will probably buy two more to use as monitors. For our smaller Venue's and Pool Parties, we will use the ZX4's for our Mains. Keep in mind, bigger isn't always better as we have discovered. You don't need to "Over Kill" a small to medium Venue with an array of Big Heavy Speakers. Try the ZX1's as part of your Mains or use them as Monitors. You will NOT be Disappointed!!! Thanks EV for Building a Great Line up of Pro Audio Speakers. Did I mention, " MADE IN THE USA"!!! Feature: A Great Speaker to use in many combination's. Ease of Use: Sub's and ZX1's. Awesome! Quality: Hey, ElectroVoice Quality!!! Number 1 in my book. Value: Worth every penny! Manufacturer Support: Never needed Service. No experience to review. The Wow Factor: After years of hauling and setting up Heavy Speakers, the ZX1's are great looking and a Treat to use. Overall: ElectroVoice Speakers are built to last. My Zx4's have given us years of problem free service. The build and sound quality of EV's speakers are Number One in my book!

Electro-Voice ZX1 Customer Review submitted September 7, 2010

By a customer from cox.net
Musical Background: sound company
Music Style: sound reinforcement
Sound: I own 4 of the ZX1-90's and have used them for many varied uses over the lst year. From stand alone corporate events, or combined with EV 1181 subs they sounded great! I also have used them as monitors for bands that were amazed at how they sounded in live stage work. They are extremely flat response speakers that are very forgiving and not feedback prone. I am ordering another 4 as I have found more uses than I ever expected. Their small size and attractive appearance make them a great choice. Several local musicians have borrowed them for small accoustic shows and they were very impressed. I have even used them for sound reinforcement for large swim meets in a very difficult environment where they sounded great. I ahighly recomend them.

"Electro-Voice ZX190 2-Way Loudspeaker" submitted December 21, 2013

Overall
Overall: I have the big brother of these speakers and am very very satisfied with them so naturally I recommended the ZX190s for our church sound system. Initial reviews from the congregation are very positive. The clarity and coverage of these speakers is perfect for our acoustical environment. I was glad the speakers used Speakon connectors as that is the type of connector I prefer.

"ZX190: Examine the molded handle before you buy the unit." submitted March 19, 2008

Music Style: jazz, acoustic
Sound: The sound is very good, especially from a speaker this small. Feature: EV has made a mistake in the design of the molded carrying handle on these units. It is too shallow and poorly angled. making one-handed transport risky. A big part idea of the design of the ZX190 is convenience, and these handles have made it inconvenient -- and unsafe -- to carry them one-handed. To safely carry a pair of them any significant distance requires 2 trips. Ease of Use: Very easy to use, besides the transport drawback. Quality: Seems extremely well-made, but the carrying handle is a weak afterthought. Value: I just cannot get past the carrying handle problem. It's 'convenience' value to me is diminished by this drawback. Manufacturer Support: No need for support from EV on any of their products that I've owned. The Wow Factor: It's a very appealing product visually. Overall: I'm not sure that I will keep the ZX190's. If I can conveniently overcome the transport snag described above, I'll keep them.

"EV speakers are the best" submitted January 16, 2012

By George Suelzle in Rutherfordton, NC
Overall
Musical Background: Do concerts on the weekends (Quartet and Duet)
Music Style: Southern Gospel
Overall: I've owned many different EV speakers but these little ZX190's are the best for the size and sound. No problem with the handles for transporting them. Just have to hold them against your body so they don't slip out of your hands. Great little speakers. I have the SX 100's and these do as well or better than the bigger speakers. They both have the same specs but the little ones sound better.

"It's EV, what else would you expect" submitted August 29, 2009

Music Style: classic rock
Sound: Awesome when combined with Sb122 subs Feature: Simple, but I wish it had two connectors to dasychain speakers Ease of Use: Nothing to it Quality: It's EV Value: price is a bit high. This should have been around $200 - to $250 at most Manufacturer Support: did not need one

"Great Small Lightweight Pro Mobile Speaker Delivers Big Sound" submitted June 23, 2007

Musical Background: Weekend Pro DJ&KARAOKE
Music Style: all
Sound: I use these for mobile DJ & Karaoke. They are extremely easy to move because they only weigh about 18 lbs but still manage to put out big sound. They are teamed with an 18" subwoofer and they sound very good. I only gave them an 8 for sound because they are a little harsh in the high-mids but EQing takes much of that problem away. I used them informally at my day-job company picnic and they really filled up the open-sided tent with full sound. I was even able to bring the entire set-up in my little convertible - wow! Feature: OK, my nitpics. 1) They only have those Neutrick connectors which I don't like because they can be a tripping/falling hazard (1/4 inch plugs will more easily pull-out if someone trips over the cable). 2) The top of the speaker is rounded so I can't easily rest small light effects on them. Ease of Use: If lightweight and professional sound is what you want, these can't be beat (yet!). Manufacturer Support: NA

When you call, mention priority code 20C-L7J8. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976