When you call, mention priority code 14MR-1KDR

Rating and Reviews: Electro-Voice ZLX-12P

Bring 1000 watts of power to the gig with EV's under-35-pound ZLX-12P active loudspeaker. An easy-to-use LCD screen helps you dial in DSP presets fast.

"Impressive. " submitted January 14, 2014

By Tyler Patterson in Pataskala , OH
Musical Background: Sound Man
Music Style: All styles
Sound: The sound is solid, I thought they really came into their own playing rock music though. Feature: The menu adds some very useful features such as input metering. This made setting them up for monitoring a snap. I have also found the eq section to be handy for a broad brush type of setting. Ease of Use: I believe that even those with limited knowledge could have these dialed in in no time at all. The manual is very good and easy to understand. Quality: For a composite cab they seem to be well made and the rubber footing on the monitor side should keep them from getting scratched. The Behringer cab looked like it had done 50 shows after only one show. Like one other reviewer mentioned it would be nice to have the handle up when in monitor position. Otherwise the three handles make handling a breeze. Carrying two at a time is not an issue. Oh, buy the covers they are well made and in the end you will be glad you did! Value: Well worth the money! Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed to contact them. The Wow Factor: These are a very sexy looking cabinet. They have gotten a lot of compliments. Overall: The first thing I noticed is the speakers arrived very quickly un damaged and very well packed. My first listening experience was a several hour session in my living room. I played back a variety of different program material to see how they might behave later on. The first thing that caught my attention were how un-hyped the highs were. They sound very flat, not harsh like one might expect for a speaker in this price range. The menu was easy to navigate and the eq section can take them from mild to wild. Like others have said the monitor setting isn't very attractive sounding and after on show I took it off that setting. I use these as monitors primarily, and if I had one complaint it would be the 55 degree angle. I do a lot of work on shallow stages and I get dome complaints about the angle, 60 degrees would make these untouchable in this range. Last Friday night towards the end of the night the venue emptied out so I decided to go up on stage and get a good listen. I was totally blown away. The mix was great. I would have rather listened to the monitor mix than the house mix. Like anyone reading these reviews I was hesitant and was considering another inexpensive brand. I have one of their 15 inch powered speakers doing drum wedge work. I can honestly say they aren't in the same league, not even close. If I had sum these up with one word at this price point, it would be "untouchable."

"Killer!!" submitted June 11, 2013

By Chris W in Matawan, NJ
Musical Background: Singer (20 years) and new to DJing
Music Style: Rock, pop, classic. acoustic
Sound: I used them to play music at my DJ gig... They sounded great Overall: Tried these out for the first time on Sunday. I am a singer in a band with a whole PA but didn't want to use those speakers for the DJ job I was doing. So, I bought these speakers and was not disappointed. I was amazed at how loud and crisp the sound was and the volume never even had to go past half way to cover a room with 150 people. The controls were extremely easy to manage and they were 20 lbs less than my 15" speakers. I am extremely happy with my purchase and would interested in using them with some bottom ends for a full band show to hear how they would handle the full band sound. My guess is that they would do VERY well after the small sample of use I had the other night.

"Plug & Play meets Loud & Clear" submitted June 29, 2013

By David Deskins in Hilliard, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Band, DJ, Karaoke.
Music Style: Band, DJ, Karaoke.
Sound: These boxes get loud and produce very clear, precise, and articulate sound reproduction. They have superb definition and move mass amounts of air before even thinking about distorting. Feature: The DSP is the shinning star of this product. It is quick, easy to use, very functional, and a great asset to this line.RCA's would have been nice (although the 3.5mm Aux Jack definitely supplements).My biggest complaint with these boxes are the lack of a dedicated Clip LED on the rear panel. It does have Clip Indicators on the LCD screen, and can be set for indication on the front LED, but I would really liked to have seen a dedicated LED that could be seen from a greater distance and/or angle on the rear.I almost dinged them below a 9 f on the Features Rating for the missing Clip LED but decided not to because of the feature rich DSP being offered at this price point. Ease of Use: Plug & Play. The DSP is super easy to use... no manual required. Quality: It feels solid and very well made. As with most products of this type- the knobs are usually the biggest vulnerability. I bought the fitted covers (which are great by the way) to help protect my investment during transport. The covers are a great buy. They are tight fitting and nicely padded with a deep side pocket for associated cords. Value: There is no better bang for the buck currently on the market (especially without sacrificing quality). I am here to unequivocally say that the closest competitor to the ZLX 12P Speaker is, in fact, the QSC K-12... which are more than double the price.I would be very upset if I bought K-12's before this ZLX Series was launched. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: It is a sleek & sexy box outfitted well and would be quite at home at any black tie affair. The sound would not disappoint even if the price tag were doubled. I shopped hard before this purchase and it just didn't make sense to buy anything else. Overall: I have owned Mackie, Yamaha, JBL, Cerwin Vega, and various other speakers over the years. This is my first set of EV's and I must say that I am very impressed.
27 of 28 people (96.43%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Rock" submitted October 28, 2013

By a customer from yahoo.com in Katy, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Dj-Live Sound.
Music Style: All Music, Mainly Latin.
Overall: Just Bought These Speakers Last Week..Try Them First Time This Weekend And They are Awesome Once You Tweak your Eq's A Bit. They have a Good Punch And Real Crispy High's..I Have A Pair Of K-12's And I can Say That These Can Be Compare With The QSC At A Lower Cost. Next Set up will be with a Pair of Subs..Can Wait to Hear Them On This Set Up.

"What a surprise!!!!" submitted October 14, 2013

By Mark J in South Holland , IL
Musical Background: 20+ Years of dj'ing
Music Style: All Genres.....If I don't have it, i'll get it!
Overall: I just want to say that, I love my EV ZLX-12P loudspeakers. Before getting these I was using the Behringer B115's and would get frustrated because of the limits with them clipping and having to turn them off for a few minutes to reset them....Not anymore!!! Once I heard these puppies in a music store, I rushed home to see if zzsounds had them and I ordered immediatley. When they arrived, I unboxed them and loaded straight into my truck for a gig....still taking the b115's to be safe. When I got to the venue, I was immediately happy that i could carry them both in becasue they were light and once i got them plugged up and did my sound check I had people partying while the place was being set-up....it was amazing. I just purchased the sub to go with and waiting on it to arrive (fingers crossed). zzsounds is the place to get gear....period and in that order. I've placed multiple orders in the past and look forward to doing continued business with them....AND YOU SHOULD TOO!!!!!

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME???" submitted January 31, 2014

By Karriem S in Yonkers, NY
Musical Background: DJ, 29 years
Music Style: rock, hip-hop, dancehall, top40 to name a few
Sound: Clean, strong bass and I pushed them to see where they'd clip. Yet, that wasn't the case and at the half way mark I knew the can handle some serious sound! Feature: 4 preset EQ stood, master volume as well as the line volumes, xlr-1/4 combo plugins Ease of Use: Plug and play, turn volume to your liking Quality: Very well made and sturdy! It has a little weight to it, but it worth having! Value: I tried Alto & Behringer, great stuff, but for about a $100 bucks more, it was worth every penny! Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: Once I turned it on, I was on two and the was loud, screaming loud! I was doing some volume adjustments in the process! My speakers prior needed a mixing board to handle sound! You won't have to with these, unless you have a major crowd to deal with! Overall: I'm doing my happy dance, these speakers are legit! I'm glad I went with these after weeks of reading several reviews to pick the best speaker investment wise! E.V. certainly created a winner that is affordable!

"Simply Astonishing sound" submitted July 6, 2014

By Fernando H in Acworth, GA
Overall
Overall: I bought this to use at parties ranging from 50 to 200 people. I hooked up my mixer to it and wow. The sound is pretty clear and with nice bass, and this thing is LOUD. So far I have not had go further than half the volume. I highly recommend ir.

"Excellent Sound for the Price" submitted July 7, 2014

By Bob Marioni in Hypoluxo, FL
Musical Background: Karaoke host and DJ - 20 years
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Pop, R&B, Country, Karaoke
Overall: I purchased the ZLX-12Ps for my Karaoke show. I was using Behringer EUROLIVE B115D for the show but wanted something smaller that packed a good punch. I am not disappointed! These speaker have plenty of power for my venues, small to large and the sound is as good if not better than my colleagues systems using QSC, Bose, Peavy and others both expensive and cheap. Only minor complaint is handle placement.

"Electro Voice ZLX12P 2-Way Powered Loudspeaker" submitted February 24, 2014

By Chad S in Saint Joseph, MO
Overall
Musical Background: I have played music all my life. I have been in a band for 7 years. I am the lead vocalist and keyboard player.
Music Style: Classic, Alternative, Modern Rock
Overall: I absolutely Love these speakers. I use them with 18 inch subs. They really bring out crystal clear vocals and some of the higher frequency instruments. I would highly recommend these for any level of experience!

"Electro-Voice ZLX-12P Powered Speakers" submitted February 3, 2014

By Henry E in Boca Raton, FL
Musical Background: Karaoke and DJ Services for privete and corporate events
Overall: I have a DJ and Karaoke business in South Florida, recently I bought two Electro-Voice ZLX-12P Powered Speakers, I’m really happy with this investment, the equipment have a very good look and amazing performance, excellent punch on low frequencies and crisp mid and high tones. Easy to handle and setup as well as the configuration.

"Blown Away." submitted November 29, 2013

By Todd Carlisle in Roanoke, VA
Overall
Musical Background: None. Tailgates only.
Music Style: Country, hip hop/
Overall: I am not a professional DJ. I bought this speaker for tailgating at UVA football games. last year my group rented a QSC K12 for the last game of the year and it was great. I looked at prices and realized it was over our budget. I did some searching and found the EV ZLX-12P. I watched countless Youtube videos and read a lot of reviews. I finally pulled the trigger and I have not been disappointed. This thing gets loud, and is crisp and clear. We keep it maxed out for a good 4-6 hours at any given tailgate. We've had people from across the parking lot (a long way from us) requesting songs because they could hear it clearly. This speaker is just as good as the QSC in my novice opinion. Easy to setup and the controls on the back are simple to use. Pull the trigger, you won't regret it.

"Amazing " submitted March 12, 2014

By luis minaya in flushing, NY
Musical Background: professional dj for 8 years
Music Style: latin, urban, house and hip hop
Overall: The size and weight on the speakers are just right for a mobile dj, also the sound is great

"Some quality and design issues, decent sounding speaker otherwise" submitted January 31, 2014

By a customer from sbcglobal.net in Northern California, CA
Musical Background: Guitarist, producer
Music Style: Rock, pop, funk, country
Overall: The one I got had a loud resonant buzzing sound. I isolated it to the volume knob on the back vibrating like crazy with certain frequencies. I tried dampening the knob from vibrating, but another vibration was happening somewhere in the cab that I couldn't easily isolate. Maybe something was loose inside? I don't know. But, with all the buzzing at modest volumes, this was going back. At lower volumes, the speaker sounded great. Could be a great speaker at this price point if the buzzing can be worked out.

"I have nothing but good to say!" submitted March 27, 2014

By Stanley S in Phoenix, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: Over 20 years. Bass, Guitar, Keys, and a singer. Professional, play music for a living.
Music Style: Christian, Funk, rock, blues, folk.
Overall: I recently purchased these speakers after shopping around for a new powered speakers for my gigs in town. After much listening, I love how well rounded these speakers sounded and the digital mixer in the back is a plus for any small gigs that need no outboard mixer, you can literally just plug and go! EV just stepped the game with these speakers. Add that with ZZounds awesome service... and you have a great product with great pricing plans.

"A Decent Little Speaker For The Money" submitted August 27, 2013

By Ernest G in Midlothian, VA
Overall
Musical Background: I work as a sound engineer.
Music Style: popular music, contemporary Christian, Gospel, rock, metal, R&B, country, contemporary country, EDM, reggae, jazz, lounge
Overall: I bought four of these to replace my passive monitor rig that I use in my small live sound rental business. So far they have proven themselves to be adequate when used as monitor speakers so I plan to get two more of them this week. They are not extremely loud and the DSP (specificallly the limiter) does a pretty good job of keeping them from sounding really harsh or distorted when pushed (which is a common complaint for other budget or entry level 12" + HF cabinets like the Makie Thump or even the K12). I have a gig coming up Friday where I plan on using these speakers as mains over a pair of QSC KW 181 subwoofers (this lightens my truck pack dramatically not bringing the large, heavy QSC KW 153 mains that I normally use and it will simplify load in). This will also test the versatility of the speakers and the DSP. As we all know only time will tell if they will hold up to the long term abuse dished out on the road. Overall, the ZLX 12 P is a great choice for use as a monitor. It does not get very loud before the limiter kicks in hard and stops it from clipping, but that makes for a better more forgiving speaker.

"Best bang for your buck" submitted June 23, 2013

By Doug P in Nashville, TN
Musical Background: 10 year sound experience
Music Style: Country/rock
Overall: I own a pa rental company and needed more monitors. After checking out tons of speakers and places to buy them I bought the zlx112p from Zzounds. I've had them for 2 weeks already used them for 8 gigs. The bands love them and they are way lighter than my yahama powered monitors. I have 2 and will buy more soon don't forget to buy the covers for this speaker. They are inexpensive and keep them looking like new

"Best bang for your buck" submitted June 23, 2013

By Doug P in Nashville, TN
Musical Background: 10 year sound experience
Music Style: Country/rock

When you call, mention priority code 14MR-1KDR. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976