When you call, mention priority code 1733-N43B

Rating and Reviews: EV TX2181 TourX Subwoofer

Get tremendous low-frequency reproduction with this Electro-Voice subwoofer. Pair it with a variety of amps for superb power handling and sensitive response.

"Why the bad press??" submitted June 11, 2014

By Karl F in Scottsdale , AZ
Musical Background: Professional sound installer
Music Style: Hip Hop, EDM
Overall: I purchased a single box for an install in a bar. As a sound guy people put a lot of faith in me to get it right the first time, and this box delivered. The bad reviews are likely from users that are under powering the subs or not using the proper processing settings. Power this with an amp that can deliver 3000+ watts, and use BOTH a high pass and low pass crossover and you'll be more than happy with the results! Plenty of low end grunt and plenty of snap when you need it. Don't power these with 1000 watts and expect it to perform.

"What a punch!!" submitted October 27, 2014

By Paulino s in Houston, TX
Musical Background: mobile dj 12+years
Music Style: All genres English/Spanish
Overall: I was very spectacle about getting this particular speaker due to the fact that I could not obtain any reviews or videos through YouTube (which is my go-to before I make any major purchase of equipment) I really liked the design, but I wanted to hear/feel these subs. Most of the music stores here in Houston do not carry this particular sub. I took a risk and ordered a cabinet. Used it that same weekend and was impressed by the punch!! I've been a mobile dj for 12+yrs and I have tried every sub make/models out there. I own a pair of JBL Prx series and let me tell you NO comparison. I mean JBL is a great product that's why I own them but this Ev blew my mind with its astonishing sound!! I took and tested these two speakers side by side and could tell and feel the difference. I will def order a second cabinet for my larger events. I do recommend investing in speaker covers because the finish scratches up very easily.

"DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY" submitted August 7, 2011

By a customer from microvisionfl.com
Musical Background: Seasoned Musician with 50+ years experience
Music Style: Classic Rock
Sound: They sound very boomy, even if setup and eq'd correctly Feature: Dual Speakons are a plus, finish and grill is nice. Fake wood is a turnoff. No casters and having to pay extra for them is a turn off. Ease of Use: As with any speaker cab, they are easy to use. Quality: the craftmanship looks fine. But fiberboard will crumble. Plywood would have been better. The speakers are terrible. 2 1/2 inch voice coils and they can't even handle the power they are rated at. Value: I contacted Electrovoice with my issues and they totally did nothing. I spoke with several people who all turned their backs and even stopped taking my phone calls and emails. So basically I had a brand new product with no warranty. The Wow Factor: N/A Overall: I was sold a set of subs that were suppose to be Tour Grade (why name them Tour X if they are not). Once I found out they were not what I paid for, I returned them after a huge fight. I immediately replaced them with a pro audio set of subs, from an honest company. I have owned EV products for years. I will no longer purchase anything from EV, because they cannot be trusted. You never turn your back on your customer.
47 of 60 people (78.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"junk" submitted May 4, 2013

By jon w in mankato, MN
Musical Background: keyboardist and lead vocals 30 years plus
Music Style: new and classic rock and country
Overall: dont waste any money on these

When you call, mention priority code 1733-N43B. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976