When you call, mention priority code 173Y-PBQJ

For delivery by Dec. 24, order by 2 p.m. EST on Tuesday, Dec. 23 and select 1-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Electro-Voice N/D868 Mic

Get an air-pushing kick and bass that penetrates the crowd without ever distorting your sound with the Electro-Voice ND868 microphone.

"Definitely the best Bass Drum Mic on the Market!" submitted November 3, 2003

By a customer from charter.net
Music Style: Polka
Sound: The other reviews and even description are correct. I've been recording with this Mic and the sound it gives me is perfect. I haven't had to apply any EQ to it. It's basically plug and play! Feature: Mic, Zippered Mic bag and stand clamp. Nothing special, but I mean, what else would you expect? Quality: This mic looks like it will be able to take a beating. Pretty heavy duty. I've yet to drop it or punish it, but it definitely appears to be of high quality. Value: Cheaper than the AKG and Sounds much better. The Wow Factor: After reading other reviews I really wanted it, but was kind of skeptical when it finally arrived. But once I started using it, those concerns disappeared. When I have some more money I intend on getting another one to take on the road. Overall: The best Bass drum mic out there

"Nice!" submitted July 3, 2012

By E Scarab in Lexington, KY
Musical Background: 38years as a drummer, 20 as a live/studio sound engineer
Music Style: just about anything
Overall: I have been shopping kick mics for a while now. I thought about the Audix D6, but it is sort of a one trick pony and is best suited for metal/hard rock or music that wants lots of beater click. I was also interested in the Shure Beta 52 as well as the EV 320. However, after reading reviews on the EV ND868, one comment intrigued me: the reviewer said it had a more "natural" sound and would get more of the actual bass drum "sound". That sold me!. That ZZounds once again price matched allowing me to get it for $134, I was sold. It has lived up to all my expectations. I can get a full, round sound for jazz, or, I can do some minor EQ tweaking on a well damped head and get all the click I want. For a "pre EQ'd" mic, this is one versatile kick mic and is well worth the full $199 price! It is well built and has a substantial heft to it. EV recommends placing it in the kick with the front head removed for "instant" results, but don't stop there. As I stated, you can get just about any kind of kick sound with this mic.

"Best you can get for the price." submitted January 4, 2011

Musical Background: Active Musician, Lead sound engineer, technical director
Sound: Good attack with great punch! Set the EQ flat and this mic really does the trick. Feature: Mic comes with mic clip that holds the mic really well and a zippered case. Would like to have more padding (any padding at all) in the case to protect the mic while gigging. Ease of Use: Like I said before, you set the EQ flat and this mic is really good. Tweek if you must, but it shouldn't take much. Quality: Everything seemed to be of good quality. They were lacking in the design of the zippered case, but I guess it was a good compromise to keep the cost of the mic down.

"Clean and Classy" submitted July 20, 2004

By a customer from netscape.net
Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Funk/R&B, Country, Jazz
Sound: The sound is no nonsense. You plug it in and wether you poke it through the front head or lay it on a pillow in the shell, it delivers great sound. I just with that I could have one for all of my drums!! I liked it so well live that I decided to try it in the studio and it works just as well as a studio mic. Feature: So far as I'm concerned the less features the less fiddling with it you have to do. The pleasure of having no features is the joy of this mic. Plug and go, that's my motto! Quality: It is a clean looking and solid built mic with decent weight to it. Clean and classy. Value: Playing with this mic after the first week and I realized that I would have payed three times what I paid for it! The Wow Factor: Clean and Classy. No loud gaudy colors or attachments. Its made for the proffessional. Overall: It came down to several kick mics, but this one was my first choice and I would put it up there with any kick mics on the market at any price!

When you call, mention priority code 173Y-PBQJ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976