When you call, mention priority code 1546-V3PT

Rating and Reviews: Electro-Voice N/D767a Mic

Upgrade your live vocals with the N/D767a handheld dynamic. This microphone delivers highs up to 22 kHz, and reduces feedback with a supercardioid pattern.

"Still singing after all these years," submitted October 31, 2007

Music Style: Beach, Soul 'N' Rock and Roll
Sound: Nice and warm up close Feature: It's a straight forward mic for live vocal reproduction. No switches to go bad. A working man's mic, Ease of Use: Plug and play Quality: Road worthy. Our group has used 5 of these for over 7 years and they still work great. Value: Best in it's class. Manufacturer Support: never had to use it. The product is dependable. The Wow Factor: I have it. In fact I have 5 of them. Overall: 7 years later and it's still ticking. Maybe I won't ever have to replace it. OEM replacement clips are hard to come by. Shure clips are to small.

"This is a great mike!!!" submitted January 21, 2007

By a customer from cableone.com
Musical Background: Active Musician, Sound Engineer
Music Style: variaity
Sound: This is a great sounding mike I have used the old standard SM58 for years, decided to try this one, MAN I'm glad I did. The 58's are great but the 767a is cleanre with a lot more power. I love it. The Wow Factor: This mike feels great also, I'm a drummer so I don't hold it a lot, but it's soft rubbery texture is great. Overall: I'm gonna get more and gradually replace all of my 58's for lead vocals.

"Sliced bread!?" submitted August 27, 2008

By a customer from fsd1.org
Overall
Musical Background: drummer, FOH engineer, Singer(2nd bass)(contemporary Christian)
Music Style: contemporary christian, alternative
Sound: I'm a 2nd bass and have up until recently not been able to find a mic that didn't have a problem with proximity effect until the 767. excellent sound, great lows, crisp. I also work for a light and sound company and we are replacing all of our vocal mic(mostly 57's and 58's beta's and standards) with 767's. Feature: I'm not sure what that yo yo was looking for in a mic, but the guy griping about no switch hasn't a clue. evidently he has never used a decent mic. No frills, no switch, quiet handling, great grip. Ease of Use: we installed these at our church for the praise team. It's a little tough for ameteurs. The optimum sound is fairly directional, which for ice cream cone singers makes for low end disappearence. with minimal directions on proper form, problem solved, more or less. Quality: never had an issue Value: would compare to the sennheisers we also use at 3 times the cost. have pretty much quit using all others because the 767's are best all around for speaking and singing. Do pretty well on amps as well. Manufacturer Support: never had to use it The Wow Factor: black, grippy with a dash of color. What could be better? I do like the fact that the color stripe is also a cushion. nice to have when ameteurs set them down wherever. The tend not to thump when set down. Overall: What was something "better than" before sliced bread? We've found an excellent mic. Why actively seek out something else when the price and quality and performance are what we were looking for?

"SM 58 WHAT? SM 57 WHY? Electro-Voice mics FTW!!!" submitted June 4, 2012

By Jim Boyer in Kansas City, MO
Overall
Musical Background: I play professionally, jam at home...Record,write, produce (don't we all?) Played keyboards in every type of band since 1975.
Music Style: Prefer ROCK, I'm a guitarist trapped in a keyboardists body. Been in "show bands" (yuk), the best gig was with the World Famous
Overall: I've had a ND2578 for probably 30 years now, and it's still kicking fine. The gain before feedback is amazing (we used to stick the mic RIGHT in the monitor and laugh because it would rarely feedback and I like to SWIM in monitor volume when I sing live. It was the same price as the N/D767a is NOW, way back then which was and still is just a flat out STEAL of a deal. TRY ONE. SHURE has been the industry "standard" because they were first, I guess. It's 2012 and I dont think they have improved a thing (correct me if I'm wrong). I saw they recently introduced a CHEAPER CRAPPIER version of the SM58 (to get the naive and broke kids, I guess) Shure's should be melted down. Their time is OVER. EV should be the new standard. But then the price would shoot up so, for now the value and prices are incredibly affordable. GET OUT AND GET 'EM BEFORE PEOPLE CATCH ON!!! If you arent impressed, This review can be politely ignored and you can keep kidding yourself. I've tried 'em all. Try 'em. Are you a pro or a punk? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I'm just speaking from years and years of experience. Thanks for reading. If you're already an EV fan, I'm preaching to the choir here. I even use my EV when chatting online!!

"Crisp clean highs....not harsh.....small bucks" submitted June 6, 2003

Music Style: Rock,Pop,Blues
Sound: Cuts through the mix! They all say that but this one does. One of the better live lead vocal mics available & pretty good for recording background vocals, too. I own a Beta58, Beta87, Audix OM5, but I keep coming back to this one & its the lowest priced of this bunch. Quality: Warm grip. They're not kidding. Whatever they cover it with is not cold to the touch like all the metal models. Value: Excellent value The Wow Factor: Looks great, feels great, sounds great Overall: Don't see myself ever replacing this mic with anything else
23 of 24 people (95.83%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Excellent microphone" submitted May 28, 2014

By John Murray in Westchester, NY
Overall
Overall: I am neither a musician nor a singer. I am an event videographer. I frequently record interviews of guests at wedding receptions or parties. Because these environments usually have a lot of crowd noise and/or music in the background that I DON’T want to capture during the interviews (if I can help it), I needed a microphone with a narrow pickup pattern. I figured that a high fidelity supercardioid microphone that was optimized to capture voices of singers and reject extraneous sounds would also be perfect for my purposes. When I learned of the Electro-Voice N/D767a and read the highly favorable reviews, especially from professional singers and musicians, I knew this would be the right choice for me. Not only is it optimized for capturing vocals, it is designed to minimize handling noise as well. I was astonished that this dynamic microphone’s frequency response specification was similar to a condenser microphone. Just as nice as its performance, is its price. This is the first Electro-Voice microphone that I have personally purchased, but I vividly remember using old EV dynamic microphones when I worked in my college’s Audio/Visual department. Those microphones were abused and banged up, but always worked fine. They were bulletproof. I highly recommend this microphone.

"Great little mic" submitted May 31, 2007

Musical Background: engineer,drummer
Music Style: all
Sound: Great sounding dynamic vocal mic. Sounds better than a SM58 or Beta 58a on most to my ears but there are some where a 58 is better. Doesn't color the sound much and is very detailed for a dynamic. Feature: Its a live mic. You plug a cable in and it works. I don't want anything else. Ease of Use: see features Quality: Seems well made and sounds great. Havn't had any problems Value: for not too much more than the standard SM58 it sound a lot better in most cases Manufacturer Support: havn't needed The Wow Factor: looks sharp to me Overall: great mic. Personally I like a lot of the EV mic in this series. The ND868 is an awesome kick mic and the 468 sounds great not just on toms but guitar and horns. Way to go EV.

"GREAT MIC" submitted February 24, 2012

By Keith Renfroe in Tallahassee, FL
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing professionally for 32 years. I play rhythm guitar but my main instrument is my voice.
Music Style: Contemporary Blues
Overall: I am a professional singer with a voice that just does not fit a 58, too much mid. The N/D 767a has by far been my favorite out of all the mics I've tried in the past, and I've tried a few. It gives my voice the presence that it needs to cut through a loud stage volume. The VOB Technology works very well, I usually don't think much of those "features" but this one really works. It is a pleasure to sing through.

"Ndym - Simply The Best !!!" submitted October 14, 2005

Overall
Sound: The best darn stage vocal mic out there. They A/B'd against an EV ndym against an SM58 in the store and the difference was night & day. That was 15 years ago when they first came out. Now they are still the best. Feature: Standard mic pack Quality: Top gear ! Value: Its a bargain. Manufacturer Support: When you buy something that never fails and performs like this you will never need support The Wow Factor: If you aint got one and need a vocal mic that doesnt cost and arm & a leg, then grab one of these. I have had my first EV ndym since 1987 and its still sounding good and going strong. Overall: Ive said enough and think y'all got the message that I am happy with this mic !!!

"A serious microphone for serious musicians" submitted April 30, 2006

Musical Background: 15 years singer / songwriter
Music Style: Rock / Acoustic / Original
Sound: This microphone is outstanding for the price. The sound quality is top notch, and it compliments my singing stle and technique. I like to utilize the proximity effect to it's fullest. Up close the bass response of this mic is deep and rich while remaining crisp and consistent. I combined this microphone with the EV Forcei speakers and the sound is crystal clear. Thanks EV Value: One of the best microphones in it's price range.

"A perfect Square Dance callers mic" submitted June 1, 2009

By a customer from carolina.rr.com
Musical Background: Square Dance Caller
Music Style: Square Dance
Sound: I am a square dance caller and I love this mic. Sound is good and clear. It is also very good at limiting feedback. Feature: It is a mic and it works. What more do I need. As a caller I use a cable with the switch and volume controls built into it, so don't need them on the mic. Ease of Use: I plug it in and it works. Square Dance club presidents who sometimes use my mic to make anouncements often don't understand how to use a directional mic and will talk over it. Quality: Always works Value: Zzounds sells this at 1/2 the price I would buy from a square dance equipment dealer. Manufacturer Support: Never used it. The Wow Factor: Uh? Overall: I need a second one now so that I am always prepaired, but I don't expect any problems.

Electro-Voice N/D767a Mic Customer Review submitted February 20, 2011

By a customer from chartermi.net
Music Style: Christian Rock
Sound: I bought this as a secondary mic should something happen to my main one. Very detailed sound. Definitely adds bottom and top end to the voic(as advertized); I adjust the EQ for my voice and it is good. I'd probably have returned it though if I could, but since the return policy doesn't allow mic returns, it's mine. It's a good mic, I just prefer a different sound for my voice. I've used it for other people when giving briefings, etc. and it worked well (with proper EQ). Ease of Use: The included mic clip isn't conducive for taking the mic off the clip and back on while on stage. Mic fits the clip, but it has to be forced on from the top, not slid on. The clip will definitely hold the mic securely though. Quality: Seems well made. It is a factory resealed and I can't tell it's ever been opened much less used. Value: I got this mic at a very good price. If it fit my voice better, I think the MAP amount is about the right price for this mic.

"Best Vocal Mic Out There For Live Music" submitted June 24, 2008

By a customer from excite.com
Musical Background: Active Musician, Recording Engineer
Music Style: Country/Southern Rock
Sound: I have used 57's and 58's (Shure) over the years and had used an EV PL77B until a couple of years ago when I bought this mic. (I really liked the PL77B condenser mic too.) I had heard good things about this mic from people that I trusted and also read the reviews online. I finally bought one a couple of years ago. There was night & day difference between this mic and the Shure's I had used. This one beat's 57's & 58's for vocals hands down. It is still my main mic and I receive complements from other musicians about how clean and silky it sounds. It REALLY cuts thru the mix! For those who are disappointed that it doesn't have a switch... Be THANKFUL it does NOT have one. You can blow power amps and/or speakers if you use a switch on a mic with a live sound system. Feature: It's a mic with a clip. Quality: I have a feeling this thing will last for years if it's like the other EV stuff I have. Value: Excellent value. Manufacturer Support: Never had to use it. My EV stuff just always worked.

"MyReview" submitted October 24, 2011

Music Style: Rock, Country, Gospel
Sound: I have 3 of these mics and I love the quality of sound and its pickup range. Feature: I bought 2 mics. One came with the stand and cable. The other was just the mic. I already had the stand and cable for the other. Ease of Use: Just plug it up.... Quality: Electrovoice has always being a good mic products for me. Value: The Electrovoice is a little pricer than other mics but I am paying for quality with no hassel. Manufacturer Support: I have not used the product support by the company. I have not needed it. The Wow Factor: Sex appeal for mic uhmmmmmm? Overall: As long as it provides the service that I need.

"An Auctioneers Microphone" submitted January 14, 2005

Overall
Overall: i purchased this mic two years ago and i got to tell it it is the best out there for vocals being and auctioneer for a living this mic surely does the job and will you puchase a EV Mic!!!

"Great mic for the price." submitted January 18, 2011

By a customer from ca.rr.com
Overall
Musical Background: active musician, recording engineer
Music Style: all styles
Sound: I've used the EV N/Dym mics since they first came out with the line. I'm a singing drummer in a party band and use it mainly for live performance. It travels in my trap case so it gets a lot of road use. I was drawn to it by the clarity on the high and low end. Also for it's gain and prescence compared to the traditional SM 58. Feature: It includes a mic clip that works very well. I've used it in recording situations as well. I have to compromise for the fact that it boosts certain EQ levels. Ease of Use: Plug and play. Quality: It's not the most sturdy mic compared to a Shure. Eventually the casing comes loose or the diaphram disconnects. For the price (about the same as an SM 58) it should be better constructed. Of course, we're talking over many years of rugged service. Value: At $99 this is the best price I've seen so far. Manufacturer Support: I never dealt with EV support. The Wow Factor: I like the way my vocals sound in any kind of P.A. system. There are definitely better mics on the market (Sennheiser) but this one is the cost-effective choice. Overall: My whole band uses the same mic and everyone is satisfied with the quality. It's a great mic for the price.

"Electro-Voice N/D767a mic" submitted July 6, 2014

By John Roberts in Magazine, AR
Overall
Musical Background: Been play for 6 years. Play the Pedal Steel and the Dobro . Local Band
Music Style: Country, Blues
Overall: We have just changed mic' s from the shure 58, it is just like going from night to day. Best mic on the market. clear as a bell. Hope I never have to go back.

"Just Fabulous!!!" submitted November 29, 2011

Musical Background: 2yrs
Music Style: country
Sound: It's just perfect in every way! Feature: Well, it's for my 10yr old daughter who LOVES to sing! It's such a great mic! Ease of Use: Super easy Quality: Awesome!

"EV D767 clean mic" submitted November 12, 2012

By scott C in Philiadelphia, PA
Musical Background: Pro musician
Music Style: Pop, rock, oldies, swing jazz
Overall: Smooth and clean with good bright lead vocal sound. Love the Warm grip idea well done, classy looking too. I would say better than a shure SM58 overall. Closer to the sound of a Shure Beta 58 but not as bulky, great sound for my solo act with electric piano.

"Great mic" submitted August 14, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: studio owner with 40 years as a pro musician .
Music Style: old time tocountry, rock,jazz,blues
Sound: I use this mic for voice overs in the stdio because it has a crisp sound without the bass mud Feature: it comes with a nice pouch and a mic clip. Ease of Use: this mic in the hands of a experienced singer opens many tonal possibilities. Quality: this is a well made product. EV has a reputation for excellence Value: this mic works as it is manufactured to do Manufacturer Support: I have never talked with there support technicians The Wow Factor: this is a practical addition for a specific job and it works very well. Overall: this mic handles the job I bought it for. It takes a little practice to get used to the different characteristics but once mastered it is awesome.

"ev mikes" submitted April 22, 2012

By dave h in cascade, IA
Overall
Music Style: any thing to keep working
Overall: Ive used Shure sm 58s for ever , have 6 of them , the EV mike is much , much better , the low end responce is great ,,,,,, highly recommend them

"BEST OVERALL SOUND!" submitted October 9, 2011

Musical Background: active musician & band leader
Feature: n/a Overall: My last one lasted 10 years, I expect it to last at least that long.

"Simple GREAT vocal mic" submitted March 25, 2009

By a customer from juno.com
Musical Background: pro musician
Music Style: everything
Sound: Poor singers will hate this mic it will expose all your weakness as a singer. If your the kereoke singer who needs to add a lot of reverb to sound good you will hate this mic. On the other hand if you are a great singer you will LOVE this mic as it is articulate. clean and open sounding. LOUD bands who do metal or singers who are screamers should not buy this mic. Bands who really care about the quality of their vocals, want to hear the harmonys of multiable group singers and actualy care if the words can be understood should buy this mic. This is a pro mic for experienced singers who want to sound GREAT. Feature: Warm grip is kind of nice. Proximity effect is not as great as a Shure SM58 it's more suttle which is nice for those of us who know how to use this. Ease of Use: Simple XLR pro jack, right size for standard mic holder. easy. Quality: Top knotch, excellent. Value: It's not cheap, but you get what you pay for. Compares well with Shure Beta SM58 that costs more, so it's a very good value. Manufacturer Support: It's a super tough durable dynamic mic. Never expect to need service. The Wow Factor: If your girlfriend finds this mic sexyer than you your in trouble. yea it looks great. Overall: I use it with a EV 7100 power amp and a pair of EV SX100 speakers. Along with a Mackie CFX16 mixer it is a great sounding system. These are the kind of products you expect to have own and enjoy for a lifetime, super high quality.

"EV n/d767a" submitted December 18, 2012

By Jim Davis in Oklahoma City, OK
Musical Background: 40 years with vocal and guitar
Music Style: Country, Christian
Overall: This mic is very warm and neutral sounding. I found it to be a little to directional for my taste. The slightest movement off axis and your volume goes. If you can stay right on top of it with little movement it is the mic for you.

"EV 767a : A 10 Star Excellent Mic!" submitted September 23, 2009

By a customer from thevocaliststudio.com
Musical Background: Professional (Vocalist/Artist) - International Voice Coach
Music Style: Rock/Metal/Jazz
Sound: Amazing. Overall: I am a professional vocalist and coach that uses hand held dynamic mics on a regular basis with my students. There are a Lot of great mics out on the market today, but I must say, the EV 767a remains the best value and my favorite mic for most applications. It has an awesome low-boominess and intimacy on close proximities you dont find with many other mics and none in this price range. It sports a large Neodymium magnet in the diaphram that is bigger and wider then most dynamic mics and this makes this mic just killer. Many of my students have purchased this mic. Lose your SM58... this is one of many mics out on the market that are better then that old standard. For sure, a legendary mic in my studio. Robert Lunte Founder of The Vocalist Studio Founder of The Modern Vocalist.com www.thevocaliststudio.com www.themodernvocalist.com

"A fantastic microphone, but only if you use it the way EV tells you to." submitted June 14, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Child opera singer, now dabbling with recording but still mostly involved with performance.
Music Style: Musical Theatre, Jazz, Classical, Classical Crossover, Ballad Pop
Sound: This microphone is unbelievable in its use live. It's so much clearer than any other live microphone I've used, and that's saying something: Except for a few high end condensers, this microphone is pretty unbeatable live. Why then do I give it a nine? Well, as much as this microphone is touted as a live mic, I'd like to think that it would be good for something in the studio. Something. Perhaps. But not vocals. Why do I make this a big point? Simply put, not everyone can front the money for a condenser that isn't terrible, and some cash-strapped people like me sometimes that straddle the line between being a recording and performance artist need something that works all the time. I have used nice condensers, and prefer them, but having a good dynamic microphone that can do vocals is also important to me and many other people. The venerable SM58 which the 767 so completely outclasses live is used in the studio, but the 767 just doesn't quite seem to work. The frequency response of the microphone may work for live applications (the bump around 12/13k then rolloff seems to add quite a bit of clarity when singing live, especially when speakers are saturating the sound) but for studio applications, everyone knows that this sits in a sibilance peak. The microphone rolls off above 12/13k, so the high end detail and "air" is lost. The issue here is that when EQ'ing, boosting the 15-20k range creates a large amount of sibilance due to the fact that that range is already boosted. The 767 is hyped in all the wrong places for studio use. Simply put, despite their average sonic characteristics for studios, SM57's and SM58's ALWAYS work in a pinch because even if they aren't ideal, they're so widely used that a google search can reveal very effective tips on how to use them in a studio. The 767 is too hyped in all the wrong places when recording a detailed vocal to compensate for very well. So a 9 for its intended purpose, with the 1 star off for its terrible use in a scenario it's not advertised for. Feature: Nothing much to say. The switch does a pretty good job at taming stray frequencies and not much detail is lost at all! Ease of Use: Not terribly difficult to use a stage microphone. Quality: Okay, I know they're indestructible essentially, so I won't begrudge the 767 the title of sonic fortress...or something like that. But I own two and ONE BROKE! The diaphragm now rattles, and I suspect that a rather drunk fellow at this one gig may have somehow done in a microphone that can be dropped from the top of a five-story building and still work. So...you never know right? Also, the finish on the grill tends to chip. Value: It's better than the SM58 for what they both advertise it for, but the SM58 is a workhorse and will never fail you on most sources unlike the 767. I won't be buying any more of these, as I'm moving more towards just studio work, but they are wonderful for live sound. And if I needed any more stage dynamics, I'll probably use the standards from now on. Manufacturer Support: Not applicable. The microphone that broke I'm donating to some engineers at my university come the fall; it was past its warranty anyway. The Wow Factor: The grip is nice, although mine have issues with XLR's falling out. But the microphone itself is a hit or miss. It thought it was cool when I first got it, but the more I think about it, it looks kind of cheap. Something about the rubbery tinker toy look puts me off now. Overall: It's a good microphone. It's a GREAT microphone for what it's supposed to do, but it's no workhorse; it's specific tailoring to live sound makes it a nightmare to deal with on ANYTHING in the studio from what I've experienced.

"I like it and I'm thinking of getting another." submitted August 24, 2007

Overall
Sound: This mic works quite well on stage or in the studio. On stage, this is the mic I use. The close up proximity effect and high output is fabulous at projecting robust lows on vocals. A singer can use it to their advantage by adjusting the singing distance from the mic. If you need the volume for a lead vocal get right on the mic and if you're doing backup, back off about 6 inches and they both come through loud and clear. In the studio I use it mainly for backing vox because of the mics ability to add natural airiness to the voices. Just position it about 12" away from the singer and you have it! For a dynamic mic, close up it has a lot of output. Feature: Just the stand clip came with this mic and it does the job. Ease of Use: It's use is straight forward and doesn't get much easier. Just plug it in and away you go! Quality: The mic works great but I do have one minor gripe. After 5 years of use the warm rubber grip has come lose and slides about. I'm constantly having to reposition it in order to plug in the mix cable. Value: Price versus quality is great! Manufacturer Support: Never had to use them. The Wow Factor: Sexy? It's just a mic.

"Mouth for war v.o.b." submitted March 17, 2011

By a customer from rock.com
Music Style: heavy metal/rock
Sound: I am a heavy metal vocalist and this is by far the best mic I've ever used. My only issue is it dosnt have a on/off switch other then that it's awesome!! Feature: The clip it came with is great because none other fit right Quality: The grill is great because it's heavy duty and it is shaped just right for my hand Manufacturer Support: It is still working strong so no need for that yet The Wow Factor: It looks sexy Overall: BEST MIC EVER!!

Electro-Voice N/D767a Mic Customer Review submitted July 5, 2011

Musical Background: Bands
Music Style: Country
Sound: To make the product better...have a standard connection on the mic. None of my mic cords will snap into the end on this mic. Feature: Holder was only accessory. Works fine Ease of Use: Wire connection issue Quality: Product and finish is great...connection is not standard

"Disappointed!!! :(" submitted August 24, 2007

Musical Background: Active Singer
Music Style: all types except rap and opera
Sound: Honestly, the sound isn't much better than the $20.00 mic I already had. I bought this mic because of all the great feed back. The one thing that is a plus is you truly cannot hear you handling the mic. Feature: It came with a stand, which is in my closet, so the accessories were not a big deal to me. I cannot use the cord since I am plugging it into my computer. Ease of Use: Plug and play. Quality: Disappointed in the quality, and if I had it to do over I would have added a few more bucks and bought something else. I do not like mics without an on and off switch, which I thought this one had. It looks pretty standard, nothing outstanding about the product. Value: It's not that great for the money. If it was the refurbished price of $99.00 with the accessories, then it would be a great value. Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: Nothing sexy about this mic. Overall: I will be looking for something else. But obviously I won't look here at the rave reviews before I purchase again.

When you call, mention priority code 1546-V3PT. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976