When you call, mention priority code 1ZZ-WVST

Rating and Reviews: Electro-Voice ELX118P Sub

A perfect companion for the Electro-Voice ELX112P and ELX115P, this powered subwoofer adds deep, distinct bass through an integrated 700-watt amp.

"Rump Shaker Supreme!!! Buy these" submitted November 11, 2011

By a customer from live.com
Overall
Musical Background: Musician for 25 years. Play Guitar, Bass, Drums, Banjo and sing. I have played in a wide varity of local bands
Music Style: Country, Acid Jazz, Western Swing, Jazz
Sound: Very powerful and clear.... I use these subs in my P.A. for both live bands and DJ work. They get a lot of work on a wide variety of music and have never let me down... I did my homework and sound tested all comparable subs and these are the runaway best! Feature: Wood cabs, quality hardware.... What's not to love Ease of Use: Plug and play doesn't get any easier... The expanded Bass feature adds some chunky bottom end to Techno and Hip Hop tracks and is there with just a flick of a switch! Quality: Cabs are solid as a rock and look awesome!!! Value: THE BIGGEST BANG FOR THE BUCK!!!! This sub didn't only beat up it's contemporaries but also many much higher priced ones... Buy it!!! Manufacturer Support: I haven't needed any support for this product but I have dealt with EV in the past on other equipment and have always been happy with them... The Wow Factor: Portability and power is the biggest appeal of the subs... I will be adding more!!! Overall: I don't see these becoming obsolete any time soon and as I have stated before I will be buying more... When it's time to upgrade to a bigger "better???" system.... The Dollars for DB's Standard these subs have set will be tough to beat!
24 of 27 people (88.89%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"118p sub amazing" submitted July 16, 2013

By Keoki P in Hilo, HI
Overall
Overall: Just purchased 1 sub about a week ago, used it in a small room 30'x60', bass is tight and punchy, overpowered the room, later tried in open field with 1 zlx15p on pole mount to 118p from just an ipad, set gain from zlx to 118p, bass can be felt about 15-20' away, neighbors over 100 yards away came to investigate, limit didnt come on till i clipped the input gain, i will be getting another, real soon.. Get the cover too, feels tough, link out wont work on 118p unless powered up, size and weight, perfect, carry up stairs no problem.
39 of 44 people (88.64%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Worth the buy. It throws an awesome low to your set up. Highly recommended." submitted September 17, 2011

By a customer from YAHOO.COM
Music Style: House
Sound: Great Sub! It's worth every penny spent. Ease of Use: Just plug the power and XLR or 1/4 TS and you are ready to go. It has a female XLR output to power a passive or send audio to an active speaker. Value: EV for me is the best speaker brand out there. Manufacturer Support: Great support! One of my old EV 12inch speakers stop working. I called and they told me where to take it for repair for no cost as it was still under warranty. Excellent Service! The Wow Factor: Nice Design and black finish. Overall: I will soon buy the new generation 15 inch Powered Speakers from EV to match it with the sub.
15 of 17 people (88.24%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Ev elx118P !!" submitted January 22, 2014

By Charlie D
Overall
Overall: I purchased 2 of these subs from Zzounds using the 8 payment pay as you play plan I had qualified for. The process was quick and easy and was awesome for myself a giging musician ! Zzounds is my go to when my band needs new gear ! I love this website and the customer support is always the best ! The subs were shipped to me in 5 days(just in time for my New Year's Eve show). I got them out of the box, plugged them up and they were ready to go ! Could not be more pleased with the elx118P !

"Great Alternative to the QSC KW181 " submitted May 18, 2012

By Andrew D F in Hornell, NY
Musical Background: Professional Performer of 23 years
Music Style: I play in a duo that utilizes a drum machine.. The lineup is Drums (drum machine), Acoustic Guitar, Bass, 2 vocals and some key
Overall: I purchased a set of QSC k10's and wanted to get the QSC 18's but found myself in a budget crunch. I watched some videos and decided to give these a go.. They sound fantastic and are sized right to fit all of my PA and instruments in my Jimmy. I do find myself wanting a little bit more just as the clip light comes on but they work quite well considering they are %60 of the price of the QSC 18's.. I tried the "Deep" setting but got complaints that I was rattling the bar that was 30 ft away so I turned it back to normal and all was great! I will probably either pick up another of these to have as a spare. I only wish these were purchasable on the 8 pay plan.. Thanks zzounds for the excellent equipment! I do wish some of these companies would follow the lead of QSC and put DSP in that has the limiting function to prevent clipping. They do limit but just not like the QSC model..
13 of 15 people (86.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"EV ELX118P Powered Subwoofer" submitted October 27, 2014

By Victor A in Woodside, NY
Musical Background: Mobile and club DJ for 8 years
Music Style: Latin, country, electronic, rock, hip hop.
Overall: Sound quality, price, and after sales service are factors to be considered when you buy stuff like this.The EV ELX118P satisfied all my requirements and being lightweight is a plus. The only complain I have for this sub is that it comes with only 1 input and 1 output thus it can only be hooked up to one top. Overall it's a great sub.

"WOW" submitted March 17, 2014

By a customer from yahoo.com in Memphis, TN
Overall
Musical Background: DJ for 10 years. Drummer for 20 years.
Music Style: 70's Jazz/Funk/Soul, classic soul, smooth jazz, nu jazz/nu soul, deep house, soulful house, rare groove, adult r&b, 80's and 90'
Overall: Nice clean bass. Can also handle the rigors of hip hop, r&b, etc.

"Great Sounding Box" submitted August 3, 2014

By David Deskins in Hilliard, OH
Music Style: DJ
Overall: You would be hard pressed to find any thing better at this price point. This isn't going to shatter any windows, but it will produce high quality, articulate bottom end. For my needs, it works great. Normally I run all my boxes at 50%... the 118P I run at 1'0clock and it sounds great. During testing I did run it at 3'Oclock with some bass heavy tracks just to see how hard I could push it. It never distorted, never clipped, never at any point seemed to be stressed whatsoever. Just smooth, clean, detailed bass. Very happy with my purchase and with zZounds.

"Half way and it cranks!!!" submitted January 17, 2013

By Jose D in Landisville, NJ
Musical Background: Dj
Music Style: Hip hop, reggae ton , salsa n merengue
Overall: Way more than I expected, the low end smashes the jbl jrx 118sp I had. For the price don't think you can beat it , oh and it's weight is almost as light as my mains. Very very happy with my descision not only did I save a few hundred but the payment plan is a plus. Thanks zzsounds!!!

"Sound Quality" submitted December 15, 2013

By Victor Cobbs in Jonesboro, AR
Overall
Musical Background: I'm a DJ, Bass Guitarist, and Organist. Been playing instruments for about 7 years, and DJing for 3 years. I'm also a sond tech.
Music Style: Pop, Hip Hop, RnB, Dub Step, Gospel, Country
Overall: This Baby does Exactly what the manual says it does. Pure Bass! 700 Watts! Crossover Frequency at 100 Hz! Never Heard a cent of Distortion yet, Even while it is clipping. Definitely Worth the Money

"Great Subs from a great Company!" submitted August 28, 2015

By Scott Thomas in Houston, TX
Musical Background: DJ, Live Event production for 4 years
Music Style: Hip hop, Electronic, Trap, and some country.
Overall: I bought this sub along with two zlx 15p's. They sound amazing! I have had two issues with them but It was my fault. First issue i was using them on a parade float off of generators the sub was separate from the speakers but I melted the amp at 12 on the rear dial I assume it was because the generator was not clean enough power. I sent it back to EV who fixed it for free including shipping. Second time we had a prom at a large high school and we were given four separate circuits for sound and lighting but ended up melting it again at 12:00 on the dial. We later found out that the maintenance team lied about being separate circuits. EV again took care of us for free. Power is important with these subs be careful.

"If you're shopping for a powered sub...this is it!" submitted August 7, 2011

Music Style: Rock, Country
Sound: This sub sounds amazing! Plenty of power and does it's job nicely. Feature: Well, it has multiple style input jacks, so that's helpful. It's a sub...pretty easy to use. Ease of Use: See above comment. Quality: This is made extremely well. I bought "B" stock...it came with the gerill very badly dented (like it was dropped). I took the grill off to check damage and fortunately, the speaker baffle is recessed into the cab a few inches. No damage at all to the components. Value: Like I said, I bought a "B" stock, so I got a very good deal...but even at selling price, this sub is a bargain. Pleanty of power and, more importantly for me (pushing 60), very manageable weight-wise...like 65 pounds. Makes going to sound gigs much easier. Manufacturer Support: I contacted zZounds about the grill in case it was a shipping problem. They were very helpful and offered other alternative. I contacted EV about a replacement grill and they also were very helpful. Before I sprang for a new grill, I just gently banged out the dents in the one I have and they came out easily...like the metal grill had some sort of memory in the casting. Looks great now! Didn't even damage the EV logo light on the front! Well built stuff. The Wow Factor: I may have to buy a second one of these...just because. Overall: I don't see myself replacing this but probably adding another one either for use as a second unit or to have as a backup. It's worth the investment. Plus, it's EV!

"COMPLETELY SATISFIED." submitted May 12, 2011

By a customer from optonline.net
Music Style: REGGAE, SOCA, CALYPSO HIP HOP,R&B
Sound: AWESOME BASS Ease of Use: SIMPLE WITH AN INCREDIBLE THUMP. Quality: THE WORKMANSHIP IS FLAWLESS Value: PERFECT PRICING Manufacturer Support: NA The Wow Factor: THE BEST LOOKING SUB IN THE BUSINESS AND I AM MARRIED TO IT. LIVE X Overall: NA

"Amazing lows" submitted July 8, 2014

By Stephen E in Inverness, FL
Music Style: Everything
Overall: One of the best subs I have ever used.

"Great little package." submitted February 23, 2012

By Keith W in York, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing bass for 15 years and running sound for 2.
Music Style: Rock, blues. Classic rock.
Overall: I run sound for a 3 piece blues rock act and have been borroanng the drummers 15" PV sub. Before you could hear everything, now you can feel ian No bells or whistles, which I like. I run it with a pair or Mackie 450v1's and a BBE crossover. I recommend using nm external crossover. Sounds good.

"Great Sound" submitted December 20, 2013

By Kenneth S in Jacksonville, FL
Musical Background: Mobile DJ service. Professional DJ for 3 Years
Music Style: All
Overall: This Sub gave me the low end i was looking for. i was looking at the QSC sub but my pocket would not allow it. as of this date i have no complaints and plan on buying a second.

"If you haven't heard about the EV Live X line, you will!" submitted May 25, 2011

By a customer from gettysburg.edu
Musical Background: Certified Technology Specialist, Infocomm CTS
Music Style: Classic Rock, Alternative, Country, Pop
Sound: Great range, sounds like the bass boost is active under normal play. Although there is a EQ setting, no difference at higher volume. very effective at a lower volume. Feature: Pretty much plug and play. Volume (gain) knob, EQ button, Line in/out. I do not like the fact you must have the sub powered on for signal to pass to the output. If you want to disable the sub for some reason on the fly, your only option is to turn down the gain. One note, the picture of the rear view panel shows a normal/boost button. Mine has an EQ flat/~ button. I believe this is a more current modification, as my manual is rev 4 and pictured is rev 3. Ease of Use: Other than the EQ and gain knob, there is nothing else to adjust. Plug and go. Quality: Overall this is a very nice looking sub. Grill has a screen behind it so nothing can pass through. Wood (plywood) makes it a little heavier then others out there, but you get a warmer boom. Paint will chip, so be very careful. Not completely sold on the class D amp thing, but looks like it is the future so i will have to accept the sound. You are not going to hit the 134dB, so don't even try. The limit will light up very quickly at 123 - 125dB. Not much room for a blinking light like other powered speakers i have used. This will pretty much go straight to solid. Value: I must say for the price, the value is excellent. Zzounds is outstanding at customer service and cost. I will always make Zzounds my first stop for Live Gear. Manufacturer Support: I tried to email support but did not get a response. Not happy about that, but I honestly don't think they got the email for some reason. I tried again and have been having a great conversation from the folks at EV. Warranty is 5 years for speakers and 3 years for electronics. They were very helpful answering my questions and encouraged my feedback about the speakers. Speaking of which, WHERE IS ALL THE FEEDBACK? I can't find anything out there other than a few youtube and message board posts. The reviews i found were very accurate. The Wow Factor: Love the illuminating EV logo and overall look of this sub. Overall: I own the JBL PRX line and EON 118P sub. I can tell you this ELX line is "proven" in my honest opinion. No plastice to rattle, just low end bottom you can feel and be satisfied with. Great range, great looking, just pair them up with the ELX 112P or 115P and you will have a great sounding system.

"Where are the reviews? This speaker is awesome!" submitted May 23, 2011

By a customer from embarqmail.com
Musical Background: Certified Technology Specialist, Infocomm CTS
Music Style: Classic Rock, Alternative, Country, Pop
Sound: One of the best in class. Absolutely smothered my JBL EON 518S. I bought the EON 518 because it had the EXACT same driver, 268G, as the PRX618S. I was looking for a little more and man did I get it! Not sure you could ever hit the max SPL of 134dB. Limit light did come on at around 125dB, so i backed it down a little. All and all, this is a very great sounding sub. Great range to boot. Feature: This sub is pretty basic, input and level knob. Absolutely hate the fact the sub needs powered on to send signal to the output. Love the JBL layout, L & R through and out. No power needed. Ease of Use: It's a sub. Quality: Love the quality of the box itself and the grill. A little on the heavy side compared to the JBL. No rattles like the EON. What were you thinking on the external finish EV? You bump it into something the paint will chip like candy covered chocolate. Value: By far the best. Zzounds makes that happen. I bought open box and one was slightly damaged and they made it right! THAT IS WHY I DEAL WITH ZZOUNDS! They make things right. Manufacturer Support: I sure hope the EV warranty is better than when i emailed the technician a question. I was concerned about limit light staying on for a few seconds when my other three ELX speakers only flash for a second, so i emailed EV. NO REPLY. I will just assume they didn't get the email so i may be unfair on this rating. The Wow Factor: Best powered speaker system I have ever owned. JBL PRX are a coin toss, in my honest opinion. Overall: Where are the reviews on these speakers? Ok, I'll be the guinea pig. Other than a few Youtube reviews and message board posts, I couldn't find anything solid to help sway my decision. Owning the JBL PRX615s and PRX535s, I decided to replace those lines and try out the EV Live X series ELX115P and ELX118P. Two weeks before my biggest gig of the year, College Graduation party for 1500 people, I put my trust in the EVs and man I made the right decision. The bottom end on the subs were phenomenal. About a half hour into the party, the sound engineer for the event asked me if I had the bass boost active. THERE IS NO BASS BOOST on the ELX118Ps. I set the ELX115s to the "with sub" setting, which activated the low cut filter to the mains and there ROCKED! I had this same event for the past 4 years with various JBL line speakers -- These EV speakers are now proven! Do not hesitate, buy these. Better warranty, sold my used speakers (thank you JBL for having a great resale value), put $1000 in my pocket AFTER the purchase of these EVs!
16 of 17 people (94.12%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"The biggest waste of money" submitted January 7, 2013

By DJ Extreme in Berwick, LA
Music Style: Breaks & hip hop
Overall: I've been having these along with the tops for almost a year now. They have been sitting up for longer then I've used them. I've had issues with the amp in all four and now the subs keep going out. EV's service is just as horrible as there product. You couldn't give me these things

"this product is real" submitted January 7, 2012

Overall
Sound: 1st of all this is not a sub to give you a heart attack but it is a sub to give quality sound its just right volume controll just goes about 12 to 1 oclock but that is enough for a great sound Feature: i dj so its just plug and play Ease of Use: i use this with exl115p its kind of over powers this sub its not really a bad thing bcause u should be able to separate tehn and get a great sound from both the sub and the loud speaker i would probaly if i could go back just get the exl 112p i think that wouls sound better with this sub Quality: the product look great and profesional Value: great value at a great price Manufacturer Support: zzounds they r great i asked opinion on the jbls prx series or the live series they where up front and suggested the live series clear sound music sounds like as it was being played by a live band The Wow Factor: sound is amazing its like the sound travels through the walls Overall: for life i would replace it if it were to b lost

When you call, mention priority code 1ZZ-WVST. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976