When you call, mention priority code 20D-RR2W

Rating and Reviews: Electro-Voice ELX115P

Build a powerful, portable PA rig around the ELX115P 1000-watt powered speaker. Its 15-inch woofer dishes out rich, deep lows and up to 134 dB max SPL.

"Powerful, clear and dependable" submitted March 5, 2012

By Brock Lambert in West Palm Beach, FL
Musical Background: Club DJ
Music Style: Deep House, House, Tech House
Sound: Sound is smooth and relatively flat. Very pleasing to the ear, but they do sound powerful throughout the audio spectrum. Bass and mid-bass is strong, and vocals sound crystal clear. Higher frequencies are smooth and crisp, and stay that way even at high volumes. I have used these at times as booth monitors, and everyone that plays on them comments how great they sound. By far the best sound in the class. Feature: The input section is very convenient... being able to connect XLR, 1/4 and RCA is a huge plus. Ease of Use: Very simple to plug and play. No frills, but when a speaker sounds great out of the box, there isn't a need to mess with it. The weight is more than I expected, even for a 15" speaker. It really does take some muscle to get it on to a higher stand. The dual handles help, but at 60 lbs they are a bit on the heavy side. Quality: Although the speaker looks and sounds great, then durability is poor. The wooden cabinet gets beat up easily... even just the slightest scrap will remove the paint on the cabinet. If you are picky about them looking perfect, then you definitely want to get some covers for transport. To this point, I just touch them up with some paint on occasion. Really shouldn't have to worry about that though after spending this much money on a "road-worthy" speaker. Although a downside... it's not a deal killer in my book. Value: Amazing value, especially when you factor in the performance. These speakers pack a huge punch, and they can be used for full-range applications in most cases. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had any issues yet. The Wow Factor: Simply a clean, professional looking speaker... with the performance to back it up. Overall: Overall, these speakers perform just as you would expect from an EV cabinet. Have used these for several different events, small rooms and large, outdoors and indoors. They have sounded great in every situation.

"Great Speaker for the Price" submitted December 23, 2013

By Eddie L in Lakeland, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Been a DJ since 2005. Technics 1200, Pioneer CDJ-900, Rane Sixty-Two, Denon MC-6000
Music Style: Hip-hop, EDM, Latin, Top-40
Overall: I did a lot of comparison between a few powered speakers. It was between the QSC K-Series, JBL PRX, the EV ZLX and this one. From the research I done and price point i was looking for these speakers have met the expectations. The other brands were great, all provided the same quality ouput as expected by the manufacture, its just became a pricing decision. You wont go wrong.

"The Best Speaker For Mobile Disc Jockeys" submitted July 4, 2016

By Randy V in Marysville, WA
Overall
Musical Background: Disc Jockey and Sound Reinforcement for events 25+ years.
Music Style: Hip hop, Pop, R&B, Rock, Motown, Oldies But Goodies, Cultural
Overall: Although JBL PRX and QSC K series sound good, they DO NOT sound better than the extra money that you'd have to spend on them PERIOD. 1. JBL PRX does not sound 500 watts louder or cleaner than the EV ELX. Maybe about 50 watts at the bass end. Conversely, I'd be shocked if JBL put really low efficiency transducers in their PRX boxes. In addition, they only have one handle! Most people I know use two hands to lift their speakers on to a stand or elevated area. 2. QSC K series have a lot of features but most disc jockeys that I know tweek their sound from their mixer or rack. In addition, QSC does not have the reputation for making concert level systems (that big companies use) like JBL and EV systems that have been used in the past 25-30 years. Known for their amplifiers, rarely to I see "QSC woofer" or "QSC horns" for sale. Lastly, they're going to cost about $300 more than the EV's. Even if they were the same price as the ELX's, I'd still probably choose the EV product over QSC. 3. In my research I've found that the EV warrantee and thus servicing is better than JBL and QSC. It's already stressful enough when someone blows a speaker to have to deal with techs who act like they are doing you a favor or are annoyed with you. I attribute this frustration because many users push their speakers unnecessarily hard and they turn around and give the product a poor rating. Do yourself a favor--when any yellow light comes on turn it down. Don't even trust the periodic going into the yellow, just don't do it and your speakers will last years longer. My only problem with the ELX's are that I wish that the handles were vertical. In another words, a more natural holding position for one person carrying and mounting a speaker. That's it. Not a big deal as the speakers are not that heavy for a 1000 watt self-amplified wood enclosure. Maybe Electro-Voice should've sold these bad boys as high as PRX or K-Series because then, maybe, I wouldn't have purchased my third pair with ELX118P's to boot.

"EV ELX 115P" submitted December 9, 2014

By Rob T in Fort Mill, SC
Overall
Musical Background: 12 year Professional DJ, 20 year Guitar player and vocalist.
Music Style: Hip Hop, Rock, Country, Dance......A little of everything
Overall: These Speakers Pump Out The Sound!! Loud, Clean, Crisp Mids and Highs, and A great heavy bottom end!! Great speakers for any Band or DJ. The only thing I do not like about these speakers are the handles on the side, they are horizontal and not vertical making it a pain to lift above the chest.

"1000 watts peak" submitted September 11, 2013

By Al Savage in Dearborn, MI
Music Style: Classic Rock, Country, Blues and Jazz
Overall: I been a user of EV products for over 40 years still use them. I still use a Entertainer system by Ev for last 30 years for my solo act very reliable made in USA had no problem my concern it seems The EV is going the way of Behringer those 1000 watts are really 250 watts program

"Excellent sound quality, very attractive speaker set" submitted July 1, 2012

By manny a in hamilton, OH
Music Style: hip-hop, dancehall, etc
Overall: I bought 2 of the speakers but have only used just one so far and i can only say good things about it. The highs are crisp and the bass is heavy. i have not pushed it very hard yet, so i'll definately update this review when i do. Secondly the service provided by ZZounds is unbelievable. Right from the price match/beat, free installment plan (0% interest), shipping, customer service, etc. I don't think any other store comes close. A+++ ZZounds.

"Mobile DJ Owner" submitted March 28, 2014

By Milton Rivera in Magnolia, DE
Musical Background: Professional Mobile DJ. 25 Years
Music Style: HipHop' Reggaeton' R&B' Reggae' Latin' Oldies' House' Rock' Jazz' EDM' Classics' Motown' slow Jams' Country'.
Overall: All I Can Say Is WOW. These Speakers Pack A punch You Would'nt Believe. I Just Bought a Pair And Used It On My First Gig For A Banquet That Seats 300 People And The Sound surrounds The Room Beautifully. I Would Not Trade These Speakers For Nothing. If You want A Speaker That Packs Bass & Sound.You Have To Be Crazy Not To Get These.

"Great speakers for the price! Better than most at any price!" submitted December 26, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: full time musician, 38 years- guitar, trumpet, keys etc.
Music Style: Wide variety, Frank Sinatra to Black Eyed Peas
Sound: Bought these for monitors, but can also be used as mains. Very good sound quality, nice design and very affordable. We use QSC K 12's and the K Sub for PA and when I a- b those with the EV's, the EV's are a bit less responsive but they are $150 less than the 12" QSC. Very happy with purchase. We are using 2 EV's for monitors for our 5 piece band and they do the job. Feature: Has a built in mixer so essentially you can have 3 separate inputs. Also has a shelving EQ to scoop out the mids. Also like the relatively light weight for a 15" powered speaker. Ease of Use: No learning curve whatsoever. Quality: Seems to be a well made product. It's not the quality of QSC, but it is very good. I've had the Mackie Thumps, Behringer stuff and the EV is way better than those products. Value: Definitely worth the price! These 15's are priced below the JBL, QSC 12" speakers. If you were going to use these as a PA without a sub, would definitely be worth looking in to. Manufacturer Support: Have not needed to contact them. The Wow Factor: Nice clean look, though rubber feet for using as a monitor would be nice. I bought covers from Carvin, (because they are cheap) and use them as a pad on the floor for less scratches. Overall: Probably use these for years! Again using as monitors primarily.

"warm sound" submitted December 3, 2013

By george z in lehigh acres, FL
Overall
Musical Background: i have been an audiophile all my life i just entertain family and friends visiting
Music Style: rock pop,even latin pop
Overall: i purchased the 115p with payment plan .as soon as i hooked it up to my yamaha mixer purchasd at zzsounds i was pleasantly surprised by the richness and warmth of the sound i m not a dj but when friends and family visit they compliment the sound this speaker replaced a behringer which sounded ok but not as good

"The best in it's class !" submitted November 6, 2014

By Curtis Higby in Branson , MO
Overall
Overall: I was at a gig, and one of the bands had brought there own gear, and blew a driver in there speakers. I had brought my ELX115 just in case. Well I said I have some EVS we can use. The guy said he didn't like EV. I said you don't have much of a choice, so we used them for 6 bands that night, they rocked. And by the end of the night the guy said wow I like EV now! I said you can't go wrong with EV. I love the sound quality and everything about EV.

"elx115 speakers" submitted March 30, 2012

By jaime r in tampa, FL
Overall
Musical Background: i'm an investor. speaker are for my band
Music Style: Classic rock
Overall: I hate to give a good review because, they may jack up the price. The speakers were great, the sound quality was better than ever imagined. We were doing a gig in a bar, and started the sound check at 50% and almost blew out the windows. We had to lower it to 20%. The owner freaked out. Lol.

"ELX115p" submitted September 24, 2015

By Oscar F in atlanta, GA
Musical Background: 5 years and im a DJ
Music Style: HIspanic Music
Overall: These active speakers are great and the price its not the bad compared to other with a pair of these bad boys you will be ready for any event and they are also easy to plug and play and they sound loud i will definitely recommend these speakers for anyone who looking for a easy and fast system and the clarity its awesome.

"sensational!" submitted January 6, 2014

By Joshua B in Bronx , NY
Musical Background: I'm a fulltime organist and DJ
Music Style: Gospel
Overall: These speakers are the best I've ever had! I have the ELX 115P AND the sub ELX 118P to go with it! It's the greatest clearest sound ever! I'm going to get another set so that I'll be complete on both sides...

"EV ELX115P Powered Speaker" submitted October 29, 2013

By Kevin K in Fullerton, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Have been a music lover all my life.
Music Style: Any music that sounds good to me is worth listening to.
Overall: I just love these speakers. I've had EV speakers for a long time and I always was looking for better speakers and as soon as I found out they had a new improved and much more power, I went for it. Love them, love them .......

"EV ELX115P" submitted April 1, 2012

By JR Goodman in Lake Mary, FL
Musical Background: Professional DJ
Music Style: Oldies, Disco, Freestyle, 80s music
Overall: bought 2 of these to upgrade my mobile system and everywhere I play, I now get comments on how well they sound, They are great speakers, lightweight, powerful. I even purchased covers they are so nice. zzounds was my choice to purchase and I highly recommend both

"10 hrs gig, No Problem !!!" submitted January 7, 2015

By a customer from gmail.com in Wenonah, NJ
Overall
Overall: i just got a pair for New Years Eve gig paired with ELX 118P subs, and they are great Speakers powerful and Clean sound, 10 hrs gig 125 guests No Problem set to 3 O'clock never clipped

"I love these speakers!" submitted February 5, 2013

By Jack Barrett in RENO, NV
Musical Background: Nightclub/ Mobile DJ 23 YEARS
Music Style: A LL TYPES
Overall: I have been a Mobile DJ / Night Club DJ for 23 Years and I have yet to find a better sounding speaker for the price. They seen so light to carry. Well made and easy to mount on stands...Simply put--you would be crazy not to get these speakers.

"A Must buy for DJ's" submitted May 18, 2013

By Frank P in Lexington, SC
Musical Background: 25 year DJ and Musician
Music Style: R&B, dance, country, shag.
Overall: I have been a DJ now for over 25 years. I have owned pretty much every type of speaker there was to own. These ELX live X 15"s take the cake! Incredible clarity, bottom end, and fantastic throw! I rate these in the same class as the QSC K12's. And at almost 200 cheaper! If you want a great sounding speaker that will surely surpass your expectations, this is the speaker for you!

"Good Sound with a nice thump" submitted February 29, 2012

By Damond T in Washington, DC
Overall
Musical Background: I am a DJ, and I have been playing for almost 3 years.
Music Style: Hip-Hop, R&B, House
Overall: I just recently purchased this product. I never had had EV, so I was unsure. After hooking everything up to perform at our karaoke and DJ party, these speakers had a good clear sound with little to no hum. The bass was nice. This is a good pick...the price makes it even better!

"Amazing " submitted July 22, 2015

By Richard L in Brooklyn , NY
Musical Background: Dj
Music Style: Merengue, bachata, salsa reagueton, house, hiphop
Overall: Great packing, only two days to delivery. Honestly very happy!!! Also i think making it affordable with the payment plan without charging any interest says a lot about the way you guys make business!!

"ELX115P" submitted December 3, 2013

By Nate S
Overall
Music Style: indie, electronic, rock, hip hop
Overall: These speakers are great. The biggest thing I was concerned about is low end and these are adequate. I think if you pair it with a sub, it will turn a great set up to an awesome set up. One caveat is that right out of the box, speakers smell like weed. Had for a month and it hasn't gone away yet. Don't know if all the speaker will be like this but it shouldn't be a factor in choosing these speakers. Best bang for the buck!!

"ev powered speakers and subs" submitted April 3, 2014

By james tate in waterloo, IA
Musical Background: ive been playing for 20 yrs,i am a drummer
Music Style: country,classic rock,
Overall: I bought these both about a month ago, I used them for the first time infront of 400 people,all I can say is woow,i have a big rig setup, but from now on I will be using these,it,cuts my time in half on setup,and I get lots of raves how good we sound with them,i have never clipped them and never overheated too,im going to buy another set of these for doing outdoor events,

"You can not purchase a better powered speaker for this price! In the same class as QSC "k' and JBL PRX." submitted May 25, 2011

By a customer from gettysburg.edu
Musical Background: Certified Technology Specialist, Infocomm CTS
Music Style: Classic Rock, Alternative, Country, Pop
Sound: Sound and quality are excellent. Great bass response, even without a sub. This speaker plays very loud. The throw distance is excellent. I measured 120dB at 1 meter (for a live event) and at 100' was still measuring 100dB with the subs. I must say I was impressed. Being an owner of the JBL PRX615's, let's just say i was very impressed. Feature: Love some, dislike others. Like the RCA, TRS and XLR input options. Although I will probably never use it, I love the mic/line button for bottom mixer (no way this can be accidently pushed). Great speaker if you just want to chill outside with some tunes. Just plug in an ipod and go. Do not like the monitor position. There is no protection if you lay it on it's side. Little rubber feet would have been a great place to start. You will scratch the paint. If you bump this speaker the surface is not very forgiving. Be careful! Looks like they changed the Normal/Boost button. Mine has an EQ -/~ button. Other than that, I assume nothing has changed. Not much difference in the setting. I believe this has more effect when using speech. Ease of Use: Having experience, I find the speaker to be very intuitive. More options to similar product in its class. Quality: Again, I have to ding you for the exterior. Marketing these for the portable use, the finish I do not believe will be very rewarding for some of you out there. A tough trade off for the great sounding wood, but I like my stuff to look good at all times. Value: For the price, buy them! If you are lucky enough to get them open box or blem, you will save many $$$. Even at full retail, I would buy these over the others in the same class. You will not be disappointed. Manufacturer Support: Didn't need it yet. Have exchanged a few emails with the tech folk. They are looking for feedback. 5 year warranty on speakers, 3 years on electronics. Better then others out there. The Wow Factor: Value, looks, sound make this the perfect option. Overall: I find this speaker to be the best in it's class. When combined with the ELX118P subs, these speakers are hard to beat.
61 of 62 people (98.39%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 20D-RR2W. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976