When you call, mention priority code 176L-KZR4

Rating and Reviews: Electro-Voice ELX112P

Equipped with 1000 watts, this Electro-Voice 2-way speaker delivers a powerful punch. Its easy-mounting options are perfect for a variety of applications.

"Amazing Powered Speakers for a Good Price!" submitted February 26, 2012

By Joseph T in Winter Haven, FL
Musical Background: Mobile DJ
Overall: I was very drawn between the QSC K12's and the EV ELX112, and I eventually decided to go with the ELX. I have heard both now and they are almost identical in sound with a much lower cost. These speakers are very light weight (I can easily lift it above my head with one hand) and they are LOUD! Great bass response for 12 inch mains and amazing sound quality. The downside: It is a wooden box (that isn't bad) but the coating on the outside to protect it is very weak. Sliding it can rub it off, and if you accidently bump it against a wall, it can take a small piece of coating off. My plans have been to make a soft cover for them (waterproof) with zippers to expose the amp in the back and the front of the speaker as well as a hole for the handle. You can't go wrong with them!

"Great Sound & Great Value" submitted September 10, 2012

By Michael K in Arnold, MD
Overall
Musical Background: Professional DJ -17 years / Professional Singer/Songwriter/Guitarist - 12 years
Music Style: Top-40, rock, hip-hop
Sound: Great sound at any volume. Feature: Multiple inputs on the back of the speaker are a real plus. Ease of Use: Very easy to set up and use. Very easy to maneuver too - they're relatively small and surprisingly light. Quality: I think EV put more time and effort on the inside (the actual amps/speaker components) than they did on the outside cabinet. They do look sharp, but I'm concerned about how they'll hold up cosmetically. Value: Unarguably, one of the best values out there right now. You can find cheaper powered speakers, but I doubt they'd sound as good as these. And, compared with the QSC K-12s, I really can't tell the difference. I'm no super-audiophile, but I know good sound when I hear it. Manufacturer Support: I've dealt with EV in the past with the passive speakers (300sx) that I owned. Never had any issues. The Wow Factor: They look great. The light-up logo (which you can turn on and off from the back) is a neat little touch. I've read reviews where some thought it was cheesy... me, I like it. Overall: I've had these speakers for about 1 month now. I use them for both DJing and live band gigs. I did a lot of research online before opting to buy these. I never listened to them before buying, but I did know what the QSC K12s sounded like because a lot of my friends had them. These ELX112Ps seemed to draw a lot of comparisons to the K12s and -in more a than a few reviews I read- actually rated higher in sound quality. So far, I'm very pleased with the way they sound. I had the opportunity to really crank them up this weekend and they performed flawlessly and sounded great. One reoccurring "con" that was noted in a lot of the reviews I read was that these speakers were not very "road-rugged" - it's true. It's very easy to chip a corner, etc. I expected that based on all my research so I also ordered the EV speaker covers - while they'll do for now, they certainly weren't worth $49 -but that's another review. Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase. Time will tell how they hold up in the long run, but as of right now I'm happy with their size, their (light) weight, their style, and their sound --especially when you consider the great price.

"Extremely pleased" submitted April 25, 2012

By Mike J in McDonough, GA
Overall
Musical Background: First picked up the guitar at age 7. Was a guitarist in the U.S. Army Band for 22 years. Still playing professionally.
Music Style: Rock, Country, Funk, Jazz, Rythmn & Blues, Folk, Christian and just about anything that pays.
Sound: Very crisp and clear highs and a very responsive and defined bass. Have only had them for a short time but I have used them in a small room setting and outside. Of course they sound great indoors but I was pleasently surprised how well they responded outside. Feature: In a lot of the reviews I read, people stated that they would prefer two handles. I beg to differ. When you place them on stands it's actually easier with only one. One thing I do agree with a lot of reviewers; it would be nice to have rubber feet on the side for using as a moniter. Ease of Use: Glance over the instruction manual to familiarize yourself with the electronics, plug in, turn on and play. Quality: Very sturdy and well built. Of course if one was dropped off an equipment truck it may have some issues. Very appealing to the eyes. They really do look good. Value: Unless you just have to buy new, go with B-Stock. I couldn't find anything wrong with these. They looked brand new. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed them yet. The Wow Factor: I didn't realize that the "EV" emblem lit up. Very cool! Overall: Absolutely love these speakers and they're a perfect match for my Mackie CFX12 mixer. I was very tentative about trying the B-Stock though. I took the chance and was surprised to find that the speakers were in perfect shape. Great bargain! Just looking at these speakers you can tell they're of professional quality. Then, you turn them on and you're blown away. I'm so glad that I spent the extra money and didn't settle for a cheaper brand. You can really tell the difference. If you're looking to buy speakers, don't pass these by.
16 of 17 people (94.12%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"The Best 12" Powered Speaker For The Sound & Especially For The Money!!!" submitted November 1, 2011

Musical Background: DJ
Music Style: Electro, House, Hip Hop, R&B
Sound: Wow! I love these speakers! I cranked them up with no distortion or clipping whatsoever. They sound flawless! I ran these with a couple of QSC KSub's, and the walls were shaking. The system sounded phenomenal. I had people complimenting me on the sound quality. Even with the volume up, people were standing in front of the speaker and were still having conversations without yelling at each other. The week I received the ELX's, I DJ'd two parties back-to-back; one was a large room with high ceilings & the other was a house party. The speakers performed flawlessly at both parties. No complaints whatsoever! Feature: The speakers include long power cords, but I especially love the separate inputs. You can plug in an iPod/MP3 player on Input 1 using RCA's, 1/4" or XLR's and use Input 2's to plug in a MIC. You can also plug in an iPod/MP3 player to Input 2 if you wish using 1/4" or XLR connections. You can switch the speakers from FULL RANGE or WITH SUB. When switched to WITH SUB, activates a 100 Hz highpass for use with a sub. You also have the flexibility to set the EQ from FLAT (works best when used for vocal monitors or speech) or MID-CUT (works best for music playback and applications that require enhanced bass and treble). Ease of Use: Very simple plug & play. My only complaint are the handles. If only they had the handles north/south style it would be way easier to lift over your head & the carry both speakers at the same time. It took a couple of tries, but I'm getting used to the handles. The speakers are very light at 36.9 lbs each so very easy to get on tripod. Quality: Made in China but solid product. No complaints on quality, but I did purchase an Arriba rolling case just in case to protect my investment. Value: You can't beat the price, sound & quality! I put these against the QSC K12's and JBL PRX612M's any day. Don't get me wrong. All three are great speakers, and I heard them all side-by-side using the same song and settings. Out of all three, the JBL's were great. The bass and sound were awesome. To me, the QSC's were okay. They were loud but the sound quality just wasn't there for me. Because of the wood enclosure, you'll get deeper bass from the JBL's and EV's than the K12's. It's really all about personal preference. If you're a JBL or QSC guy, then go with those. You can't go wrong. I almost went with the JBL's, but I couldn't pass on the price of the EV's. They are a great value plus they sound awesome! Manufacturer Support: Haven't used them... yet. The Wow Factor: Get it! You won't be sorry!!! Overall: EV has done a great job with the ELX112P. They have far exceeded my expectations. Thanks EV!!!

"Light and Bright" submitted March 19, 2012

By Matt D in Greenwich, NY
Musical Background: Professional party/dance/club musician
Music Style: A little of everything... Lady Gaga to Led Zepplin
Sound: I feel like my Mackie SRM450s have more low end, but it might be beccause the EV cabinet has so much more high end. Things sound better coming out of the EV... brighter, more detailed and fuller. Feature: Excellent, simple mixer. Not as many features as the QSC, more than the MAckie. Just enough for what you need. I love the 1/4" and XLR inputs. Ease of Use: Plug and play.... loud! Quality: Simple and pretty. I could have done without the lighted logo. Value: Extremely good value! Manufacturer Support: I haven't required any support. The Wow Factor: It's not glitzy enough to make you go wow, until you hear it! Overall: I purchased the EV ELX112P as a keyboard monitor. I have EQ and effects built in to my keyboards so I just run them directly into the two channel mixer on the speaker. The sound is extremely bright, clear and very detailed. I heard things in the piano and organ that I have never heard before... excellent! The cabinet is surpisingly light easy to carry despite the single side handle. I would have prefered a top handle, but it still is very funtional. I am a bit concerned about nicks and scratches. The finish is not plastic and would suffer from rough handling. I put a cover on it immediately and so far, it continues to look perfect. I think I had unrealistic expectations about what 1000 watts could do. What I mean by that is; I thought the single speaker would be louder than my Mackie SRM 450s. It's not louder, it's just better! I constantly look back at the cabinet wondering where all the sound is coming from!

"Amazing Sound" submitted July 8, 2014

By Stephen E in Inverness, FL
Musical Background: DJ
Music Style: Everything
Overall: Great sound quality and distribution.

"Beautiful sound but misleading power rating" submitted December 11, 2012

By Trevor M in Sacramento, CA
Overall
Sound: Buttery, rounded, smooth, nice. Feature: Plywood is too easily dinged. Ease of Use: Very easy. Quality: Good, but enclosure is very dainty. Value: Decent. Manufacturer Support: Poor. Left a voice mail five days straight with a question (they don't answer the phone), and got no response, ever. The Wow Factor: Meh. Everyone in my band hates them, but probably because it turns out I've been unwittingly deceiving them about their capabilities. Overall: Have had a pair of these for about a year now. Am new to the realm of amplified music and so didn't want to mess with learning about amps, racks, bridging, blowing speakers inadvertently, etc. So these seemed like a logical choice. Who could argue with 2000W as a decent amount of power for small bar bands? Build quality seems nice but the cabinets are very prone to dinging and chipping from even mild mistreatment -- I make sure I'm the one who loads them into my van after gigs because it's unlikely anyone else will baby them like I am willing to do. They have a very very nice, refined, buttery sound when compared to passive cabs with identical mixer EQ ... all the rough edges seem smoothed out and the sound is not harsh up to the highest volume settings. Noise floor is a little high when the master volume (versus individual input volume) is turned up - lots of built-in hiss that makes you afraid of what will blare out if you're not careful. Inputs are plentiful enough. Nice to be able to plug dynamic mics in for small community events I help out at where I basically use it as a bullhorn. My big gripe at the moment is the overly-generous power rating. After a few gigs with a new band where we're wanting a bit more 'thump' from the speakers, I have done some looking around to discover that these are really 250W speakers. This is their continuous power rating. Since I was new to PA speakers, I had hoped I was getting a solid PA for a great price, but these are really just not powerful enough. Since I have not been working in/around amplified sound a lot, my ears are largely undamaged, and these things just don't put out anything like what you'd expect a "1000 Watt" speaker to do. I realize that there's a difference between RMS and peak, but there is no mention of this in most descriptions of this product so I (foolishly, it turns out) assumed it was 1000W RMS - live and learn!

"Impressive!" submitted May 7, 2012

By Sean Morse in Taylor, MI
Overall
Musical Background: Keyboards & guitar professionally.
Music Style: rock, blues, country
Overall: Using it as a stage monitor / amp for keyboards (flat, full-range without sub). Solid cabinet - very roadworthy. Brilliant, clear highs. None of the harsh, skanky horn effect at high volume. Lows are strong and tight. I bought it for the ability to handle 2 line-level signals, but I'm really impressed with the sound quality. The professional looking cabinet doesn't hurt either.

"Loud and clear, solid as a rock" submitted May 23, 2012

By Sean M in Taylor, MI
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing gigs for 12 years and own a commercial studio.
Music Style: rock, blues, country, funk, gospel/jazz
Overall: Beautifully clear and brilliant highs that EV is known for, and powerful, solid low-end. Having used powered Mackies and JBLs in the same range, this EV is the winner in my book. Very solid build - gigworthy as they come. They're a bit heavier than the Mackies, but the sound makes up for it.

"EV is not a company you want to have to deal with for service." submitted May 20, 2013

By Bennett S in Middlesex, VT
Overall
Musical Background: I've been a professional audio engineer for 23 years.
Music Style: Everything from classical to bluegrass to dub reggae.
Overall: I have one of these ELX112P's with a bad power supply. I have been trying to buy a replacement power supply unit for WEEKS from EV to no avail. They want to sell me the ENTIRE amplifier kit for hundreds of dollars more than the power supply alone should cost. When I explain that this is like buying a whole new engine for your car, when all you need is an alternator, all I get is a shrug on the other side of the phone. It's no way to do business. I will never buy another EV product.

When you call, mention priority code 176L-KZR4. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976