When you call, mention priority code 20J-37CG

Rating and Reviews: Electro-Voice EKX-18SP

Tailor your sound to the venue with this 18" powered subwoofer's on-board DSP. With 1300 watts of Class D power, EV's EKX-18SP sub pushes 134 dB peak SPL.

"Incredible Sub!!! Buy It!!!" submitted May 23, 2016

By Bryan Kearney in Cheshire, CT
Overall
Musical Background: Professional musician. 42 years playing live music. Lead vocals. Percussion, sax & EWI
Music Style: R&B/Soul (mainly). Some Rock, Reggae, Blues & Country
Overall: I used this sub for the first time yesterday at an outdoor gig on a huge deck that holds a very large crowd. When I turned on the first sub, nothing more was necessary. Alone, this sub is incredibly powerful and loud!!! But with the second turned on, it got ridiculous out there! I could feet the bass vibrating the deck underneath my feet! Tight, defined bass with no muddy and sludgy sounds. This is a very responsive sub, made to be played loud, but I could barely get the sound meter to register the signal because it was already sufficiently loud! I can't wait to find out what happens when I turn them up! Did I mention that they are light weight and easy to transport? DSP makes tailoring your sound a snap. That rumble in your chest? Yeah, that would be the EKX-18SP!!! Now, stop reading this and buy it!!! And oh, get it from zZounds.com. (No, I don't work for them, own a part of the company or know anyone who does). Seriously, buy this sub!!!

"Awesome" submitted June 29, 2015

By John L in Denton, MD
Musical Background: Pro DJ
Music Style: Rock, hip-hop,country, blues, EDM.
Overall: Was looking at the ETX 18sp, but was put off by the weight. The EKX 18sp is very manageable. I've pushed them pretty hard at a block party and they hit super hard and tight. No buyers remorse here when compared to the ETX. I can deal with a little bit less power in exchange for $500 less per, 40lbs lighter and the addition of fans. Would recommend these to any Pro DJ.
31 of 32 people (96.88%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"EV - Powered 18" Subwoofer " submitted September 6, 2015

By Steve T in Phoenix, AZ
Musical Background: 15+ years, Club DJ and Mobile DJ
Music Style: All Genre's
Overall: I upgraded my sound system with Electro Voice and this subwoofer is phenominal! Huge massive bass from this bad boy! I was impressed with this cabinet. Highly recommend the EKX-18SP

"SIMPLY AMAZING and Passed The Test Big Time (Review Update)" submitted January 31, 2016

Musical Background: I am DJ playing music for more than 30 years
Music Style: I play all kinds of music but mainly Latino music: Salsa, merengue, bachata, cumbia
Overall: Please read previous reviews I created here. I am a DJ and the big time TEST for my equipment configuration came this past Friday (01/29/2016) . Mi configuration: I hooked up my laptop to my mixer, just one ev EKX18sp powered sub to my mixer, and 2 ev zlx 12p speakers (One speaker I connected to the Sub and the other I daisy chained to the speaker connected to the sub ) . I had a latino (mostly mexican) party with over 300 to 400 people in a Gym. I was very stressed out before the event wondering if my equipment was going to be enough for such a large crowd. YOU BET It was more than enough. I never had to go over half the volume on my speakers and the bass from the Electro-Voice EKX-18SP Powered Subwoofer was GREAT. Here is a very important KEY and a main basic rule for your gigs: PUT YOUR SPEAKERS AT LEAST 7 FEET HIGH. That way the sound travels cleanly without too much absorption from bodies it finds on its way. I really and highly recommend the Electro-Voice EKX-18SP Powered Subwoofer as well as the ev zlx 12p speakers.
22 of 23 people (95.65%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"well done e/v" submitted August 17, 2015

By larry s in ft. wayne, IN
Overall
Musical Background: 40 plus years. former guitar player turned sound tech.
Music Style: classic rock.......
Overall: bought a pair for classic rock band use....totally great sub. i' tested several but the EKX won out....a real winner on every level.....PLEASE.before you buy , try thr EKX series.

"Impressive!!!!" submitted January 11, 2016

By Len W in Memphis, TN
Music Style: Hip Hop, R&B, Top 40 hits
Overall: I was debating between this sub and the QSC KW181. After reviewing the specs, I decided to go with this one. GREAT CHOICE!!!! Lighter, hits just as or harder as the KW181, and I saved about $400!!!! I will be adding more of these very soon!!!!

"So good so far" submitted September 13, 2015

By Randy G in Pueblo West, CO
Musical Background: Bass player for 41 years
Music Style: Variety, R&B, Classic Rock, Country.
Overall: I have only used them for 1 job, but they performed excellent. It was an outdoor venue for about 300 people. I had no complaints. They were loud enough and still had a lot of low end.

"smooth and powerful" submitted January 29, 2016

By edward (Dj Charles) g in orlando, FL
Overall
Musical Background: 30 yrs as a dj...
Music Style: hard hitting hip hop, R&B, reggae and latin..
Overall: over the last 20 years I've owned several sets of subwoofers..sure there are some louder but for my needs as a mid(250 people) to large(500 people) venue mobile dj, these subs are perfect...although, when I do a large events, I add 2 more subs(4) and tops(4) just to give that full sound without pushing hard..other djs often tell me how awesome my sound is..thats real talk!!

"EV Powered Sub" submitted March 2, 2016

By Barney Douglas in El Campo, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Live music engineer 20 years, DJ last 24 years.
Music Style: All music styles sound great!
Overall: I never owned powered speakers till I bought the EV's. In 24 years of DJing I have never set up and take down as fast as with these powered speakers. Sound is unbelievable, filling the Wharton Civic Center with thumping bass.

"Buy This Subwoofer!!!!!" submitted September 1, 2015

By a customer from gmail.com in Houston, TX
Musical Background: Musician for 18 years
Music Style: HOUSE, DEEP HOUSE & TRANCE
Overall: If I could correctly describe this subwoofer in 3 words using 3 letters, it would be OMG!!!!! If you love a deep yet clean bass, this is the sub to get as you will not be disappointed. It's so good that my wife is already complaining lol. Trust me, buy this subwoofer!!!!!!!!!
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"EKX-18SP Powered Subwoofwer" submitted June 17, 2015

By Brian P in Vassar, MI
Overall
Musical Background: Since the age of 5 i have played the drums and been around music/musician's all my live.
Music Style: Christian and rock
Overall: Great sub clean , clear and plenty of bass to fill any venue work's as well as it should.

"Lightweight yet powerful..." submitted July 23, 2015

By Dj Charles in Apopka, FL
Overall
Musical Background: 35 years as a dj...played tenor saxophone in a 70's RnB band..
Music Style: Love it all..but RnB, hip-hop, reggae & Latin are my preference...
Overall: Only use my EKX-18's a few times but because I've owned over a dozen subwoofers in my 30 years of djing, I can easily tell you that the guys at EV got it right with this line at an affordable price...Lightweight, smooth and powerful...all the things I need in a sub as a mobile Dj...
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"GETTING ANOTHER ONE" submitted May 25, 2016

By ANGEL BARRETO in GLENDALE HEIGHTS , IL
Musical Background: CLUB DJ
Music Style: ALL KINDS
Overall: I bought this sub a month ago I've had 2 private parties and it has gone beyond my expectations the sound is awsome who ever is looking for a good sub I recomend the EV EKX-18SP!!!

"Great Speakers" submitted July 8, 2016

By carlos M in fletcher , NC
Musical Background: DJ for over 18 years
Music Style: All music
Overall: I have to say... Just one of these speakers does a lot. I have two and it literally vibrates the whole house. I can't wait to use them at my events. They are a BEAST!!!!!!

"Bumping and light" submitted October 12, 2016

By Michael Schwartz in Arcata, CA
Musical Background: Sound engineer, percussionist
Music Style: all
Overall: I bring these out for gigs paired with my QSC powered tops. These are light and small, yet provide a solid amount of bass. Worth it for small to medium sized gigs under 300 people.

"Wicked Absolutely Wicked..." submitted December 2, 2016

By Courtney L in KILLEEN, TX
Overall
Music Style: rock, hip-hop,r&b, country, blues buReggae/Dancehall mostly
Overall: Just got just one today, so just using it for bass and my ZLX-15 P for mids and top, this thing is awesome. I cant wait for my wife to go to work so I can go crazy...zZounds, you are the greatest. Package came as promised, no damage.

"Love it" submitted December 3, 2015

By Damon Lee in Bowling Green, OH
Musical Background: Wedding Dj
Music Style: Wedding Music
Overall: I bought this sub-woofer based on my budget and the overall reviews. As a wedding dj professional, sound is the most important thing. Even if you don't have lights, a fancy facade, or a wireless mic.. The sound is what people remember last but its always the first thing people talk about at the wedding if your rig sounds bad.. I realized I was missing some UMF to my 2 ZLX15p speakers so just getting one is the perfect compliment.. It is heavy overall but that's what you get paid for as a professional. To have the best.. That is what this sub is.

"Nice" submitted July 15, 2016

Overall
Overall: Sounds great very light weight. would have giving it a 5 on quality but the only thing is that the black coated material marks up sooooooo very easy . i have to buy covers. buuuut i am buying another set of them. and i couldn't really give the customer service a 5 because i never had to call them .. overall i am very satisfied.

"EV - EKX Powered 18" Subwoofer - Simply FANTASTIC!" submitted November 9, 2015

Overall
Musical Background: Playing music and singing for more than 20 years. I sing and play the guitar and bongos.
Music Style: Latin musichip-hop
Overall: I am DJ and needed a subwoofer with big BOOM without sacrificing clarity and sound. I bought just one EV - Powered 18" Subwoofer and I ordered on Wed 11/4/2015 and got it just 2 days later:Friday 11/6.--- zZounds - thank you very much -- you are great and with your Play as You Pay you really ROCK.Anyway, I tested the Subwwoofer on Saturday the next day. I hooked up my laptop to my mixer, the ev EKX18sp sub to my mixer, and 2 ev zlx 12p speakers (One speaker I connected to the Sub and the other I daisy chained to the speaker connected to the sub ) . I started playing my music and slowly increasing the volume and paying attention to the Bass coming out from the sub. I hoped I could play the sub with the whole volume from my mixer but I could not. It is not that there was a problem with the sub or my configuration, it is that at half the volume the sound was so loud and the whole house was really shaking from the BASS. The bass and sound was very clear and sharp even at this really loud volume. At this poind I am not sure if I really need to buy the other ev 18sp sub which I am planning to buy.I highly recommend this SUB to everybody. It is simply FANTASTIC and yet you can't beat the price. AMAZING!

"Ev EKX-18SP Sub simply Fantastic- Superb - Awesome!" submitted November 16, 2015

Music Style: Latin music and party dance music
Overall: I am a DJ. Please, see my review from 11/9/2015 where I just tested the Ev EKX-18SP Sub at home. Now this review is because I just actually used it in an outdoor event for about 200 people on 11/14/2015. My configuration: I hooked up my laptop, microphones and the ev EKX18sp sub to my mixer, and 2 ev zlx 12p speakers (One speaker I connected to the Sub and the other I daisy chained to the speaker connected to the sub ). I started playing the music at half the volume. It was loud, clear and the bass was incredible. I did not have to increase the volume any further. I got a lot of compliments for the music I was playing and the quality of the sound. I highly recommend this sub. SPECIAL NOTE: ZZOUNDS - Thanks for your 'Play as You Pay program' - This gives a lot of DJs and musicians like me, who do not have the money up front to pay, the opportunity to get top quality sound systems or PA systems for our gigs or pleasure at home.

"EV - EKX Powered 18" Subwoofer - Simply FANTASTIC!" submitted November 9, 2015

Music Style: Latin musichip-hop
Overall: I am DJ and needed a subwoofer with big BOOM without sacrificing clarity and sound. I bought just one EV - Powered 18" Subwoofer and I ordered on Wed 11/4/2015 and got it just 2 days later:Friday 11/6.---zZounds - thank you very much -- you are great and with your Play as You Pay you really ROCK. Anyway, I tested the Subwwoofer on Saturday the next day. I hooked up my laptop to my mixer, the ev EKX18sp sub to my mixer, and 2 ev zlx 12p speakers (One speaker I connected to the Sub and the other I daisy chained to the speaker connected to the sub ) . I started playing my music and slowly increasing the volume and paying attention to the Bass coming out from the sub. I hoped I could play the sub with the whole volume from my mixer but I could not. It is not that there was a problem with the sub or my configuration, it is that at half the volume the sound was so loud and the whole house was really shaking from the BASS. The bass and sound was very clear and sharp even at this really loud volume. At this poind I am not sure if I really need to buy the other ev 18sp sub which I am planning to buy.I highly recommend this SUB to everybody. It is simply FANTASTIC and yet you can't beat the price. AMAZING!

When you call, mention priority code 20J-37CG. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976