When you call, mention priority code 201-CZ0P

Rating and Reviews: Electro-Voice EKX-12P

With gig-ready DSP presets and 1500 watts of Class D power pushing a 12" woofer in a compact wood cabinet, the EV EKX-12P delivers clean, room-filling sound.

"Wow! Clean even pushing " submitted June 4, 2015

By Henry Mora in Albuquerque , NM
Musical Background: DJ
Music Style: All kinds Pop Rock Country
Overall: We are DJ's in Albuquerque N.M. we do a lot of school events and weddings a lot of outside events. We have a set of EV ZLX 15p and love them but when you are outside in the heat pushing them they would get very hot. So we moved up to the EKX 12p the sound is as good or better then the ZLX 15 and very clean and louder the the 15in ZLX with no distortion at higher volumes like you can get from my old JBL's or the ZLX. I was looking at the QSC K12 but the EV's look more classy for a wedding and I feel the sound on ZLX is cleaner just not as loud the EKX is louder then the QSC k12 wider throw and cleaner. I put up this review with only 2 gig's under the speakers belt will see after a long hot New Mexico summer how they hold up but very Happy with them so far. Bad Dog! Multimedia

"Perfect speakers" submitted September 27, 2015

By Stephanie D
Musical Background: been doing this for about 10yrs
Music Style: hip-hop, EDM, 80's, 90's, top 40
Sound: The sound quality is amazing on these. The lows aren't insane but still hit pretty hard for being a 12" woofer. The highs are crisp and clear and love the 90* conical it has. Feature: Love how it has a digital display with preset eqs and ease of adjustments. Ease of Use: Super easy to use. Just hook your cables up and adjust the volume to what you need and done! Quality: Great quality and look amazing! Value: For the price it was a great value! This is another option for those on a budget Manufacturer Support: Not sure haven't had to call them yet The Wow Factor: Love the way these look. Don't see the speakers at all and look very elegant Overall: These are great speakers and sound amazing

"EV has supplanted JBL and QSC as the industry standard" submitted December 15, 2015

By Kenneth S in Fairhaven, MA
Musical Background: More than 15 years
Music Style: Mobile DJ (all styles)
Overall: As a part-time DJ with years of audio experience, I've tested and used virtually every professional speaker on the market. For years, I was a die-hard JBL devotee, until I started looking into Electro-Voice (EV) a few years ago. After doing side-by-side tests with comparable JBL and QSC models, I found the EVs to be cleaner with a better bottom end. I've used the EV ELX12s as my main speakers for about five years now and I recently upgraded to the newer, more powerful EKX-12P. For me, EV's latest line offers the best speakers on the market, hands down. I've used them at gigs ranging from small, intimate wedding receptions and Christmas parties to large dances in school gyms and they always deliver crystal-clear, quality sound. Boasting an impressive 1500 watts, you can essentially do most gigs with just two of these cabinets. And the new DSP technology allows you to fine-tune and save your settings where you no longer have to make adjustments at every venue. I'm proud to say that I'm now an official "EV DJ" and I've got the t-shirt to prove it!

"Excellent!!!" submitted October 26, 2016

By Tom Newman in Fort Worth, TX
Musical Background: Professional Drummer and DJ
Music Style: Rock, Jazz, Heavy, Dance, Pop
Overall: All I can say is WOW! These speakers are clean, powerful, and get the job done. I used them for a private party for the first time last weekend and received major compliments on the sound. I had these speakers bumping and still had more room to go, it is like I could not get them to clip. LOVE the DSP very easy to set up and configure. I was using 2 EV ZXa1 12" Subs and they over powered the Subs, so I am going to be buying 2 15" EKX Subs to match the TOPS.....I cant say enough about these mains they are outstanding..

"EV EKX 12p" submitted November 30, 2015

By Brendan Rapp in West Lafayette, IN
Musical Background: Jam at Home
Music Style: Rap, Hip Hop, 90s Punk Rock, and Rock n Roll
Overall: Let me start this off by saying, this is my first dj speaker. I got the speaker by itself in order to play loud music for house parties and events. I was amazed by this speaker; it is super loud, crisp, and the bass makes the house rumble. It truly is exactly what I was looking for and now I might buy a second. I also compared this to the QSC K12 at Guitar Center and it blew it away.

"These Speaker Sound incredible!!!" submitted October 4, 2015

By Marcus R in Oakland, CA
Musical Background: Mobile DJ
Music Style: I play it all
Overall: I tested them side by side with the QSC K12. The EV's sounded more defined and clear. They are very loud and clean with very low distortion at high levels...Great Job EV!!!...My need purchase will be those ETX 18 Subs

"Very disappointed :-(" submitted March 31, 2016

By Marcus R in Oakland, CA
Musical Background: DJ Sound Engineer
Music Style: I play it all
Overall: I gave a review back when I first bought them but now.................I was disappointed with the EKX-12p speaker. I had them for only 6 months. (Purchased Sept. 2015) I've had two main issue that happen twice. First my XLR cables kept getting stuck in speaker input, it happen two times with two different speakers. I use to own 4, and as you can see I said, "use to" :-( Then the DSP went out twice on two different speakers where the amp kept cutting on and off. I've read all the great reviews, and I heard them for myself in the store where I bought them, and they sounded amazing, but EKX series only been out for two years. Long story short, I traded in my 4 EKX-12p and 2 EKX 18sp and got 4 QSC K12 & 2 KW181, and I'm a very happy camper now!!!....WhooHoo!!. These speakers have a very long track record, and have proven the test of time....Sorry EV but you better go back to the drawing board on this one. I do too many weddings and high profile event, and paid too much money for these type of things to happen in a short period of time. I gave EV a shot, but now I've lost all confidence in your brand.

When you call, mention priority code 201-CZ0P. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976