When you call, mention priority code 16JT-80TL
  • Mon, Tue, Wed 8AM - 10PM (EST)
  • Thur Closed
  • Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: Elixir Nanoweb Strings

Elixir Nanoweb electric strings offer reliable performance. With an average lifetime that is 3 to 5 times that of other strings, they are a great choice.

"Great Strings" submitted November 7, 2009

Overall
Sound: Great sounding strings. Love 'em!! Feature: Not many features to speak of except for the coating. Makes for quiter fretting and easy on the fingers Ease of Use: Again great sound. Quality: Dont understand why so many people complain about breakage, I've never broke any. I've broke other strings but not these. Value: Worth the money as far as I'm concern. Some places charge more than others so shop around. Manufacturer Support: How can i rate support for strings......Hmmmm Overall: Good product. I use these on my electrics and accoustic.

"Great strings!!!!" submitted September 6, 2006

Music Style: All except Country
Sound: Beautiful sharp high tones and deep mellow bass tones. Perfect for those who love rock

"Any one show isn't a professional, keep your novice opinions to your self rather than bash great product that you know nothing a" submitted November 16, 2007

By a customer from pepsi.com
Musical Background: Active Musician, Session Player, Recording Engineer
Music Style: Rock, Hot AC
Sound: I've been playing for years, and these strings have nice bright tones and nice deep lows for rocking out. Just remember, the thicker the string the better the tone. Quality: I have had a few G strings break on me, but I use the thicker wound G's because I only play 12 Gauge strings, but keep in mind I beat the living crap out of my strings, other then that these strings last forever and maintain their sound.

"elixir nanoweb 10 gauge guitar strings... dont even waste your money" submitted July 3, 2005

By a customer from mindless.com
Music Style: Metal, Rock, Jazz, Blues
Sound: sounded pretty good about as good as regular strings Feature: about as many features as a guitar string can have but hard to bend Quality: the strings already look like they have been on there for like 4 months and they have only been on there for 2 weeks sound good still not that new sound like they claim to keep they are pretty good strings but not worth the money at all Value: i usually use d'addario xl 10 gague standard run of the mill guitar string but they work in the best of all aspects or super slinkys for my guitars with floyd rose bridges for bending Manufacturer Support: didnt have to use it but i feel bad for rating this product so poorly The Wow Factor: these strings are highly over rated i will never waste my money on them again

"Best sounding, best feeling, longest lasting strings $ can buy" submitted February 13, 2010

Musical Background: Semi Pro
Music Style: Blues, Rock, Jazz, Contemporary Christian
Sound: These are the best sounding strings available, wish they made these in the 60's, I could have saved a fortune in strings over the last fortyfive years. Best sounding longest lasting strings available period. Feature: Gore's coating and anti-rust keep strings like new. Also makes them so smooth and silky. Ease of Use: These strings make playing effortless Quality: These strings are on all my guitars. It is not uncommon to get over 1 year of service from a set of strings with weekly gigs on top of practice sessions, with zero sound degradation or loss of playability, and never a broken string... Ever! Value: Unless you use a chainsaw instead of a pick, these string are going to save you $$$$ They may cost 3 times more then the rest, but you will only be changing strings 1-2 times a year instead of twice a month! Do the math. Manufacturer Support: Have called Gore and someone accually answered the phone! That's hard to find anywhere these days of automated phone tag, and endless menus.( if you wish to continue in English press 1) The Wow Factor: If you have arthritis and play guitar these strings are beyond "sex appeal", they actually slow down the ageing process of the fingers! Overall: I will only use elixer strings Period I can't go back to slow feeling sticky squeaky nasty dull soundind strings all the other manufacturers sell(while they're laughing at you because they know you'll have to buy another set of they're strings in2 weeks)

"Snapping Elixir strings" submitted May 6, 2007

Music Style: rock, fingerpicking
Sound: I have tried several sets over the last three years and they sound GREAT on my Santa Cruz D and on my Seagull. Feature: The early Exixir strings felt strange. You really could feel the coating layer. That changed over the years, in a way that now they feel normal. I can do my pulls and hammers like with normal strings (wich was not the case with the early once). Ease of Use: Well... like normal strings. I read some people find they were slippery, but since I hardly have sweaty hands, they don't feel slippery to me. Quality: They SUCK! I think over the last three years I bought 10 sets, but with all of them the G or D string broke after a few hours of playing. And since they are very costly (almost 20 Euros !!) this really gets me angry. Elixir doesn't make stings of their own, they just put the coating on existing strings. So I guess they only buy the cheap & crappy ones. And it's not just me : if you browse the newsgroups you'll read everywhere of snapping Exilir strings! When I replaced the broken string with a normal one, I have to admit that the Elixirs kept sounding just great : warm, full, and when hit/pulled a little harder they they realy bite, whereas the replacement strings sounded more dull after a week. Value: Elixir-guys, get your quality control working!! Manufacturer Support: Well, my local music shop wouldn't replace the broken strings. They' re from the USA and I'm from Belgium. And asking a replacement by sending the broken string costs me more than a new set. The Wow Factor: I want ALL strings to last longer than a few hours. Overall: Again : I don't want to replace strings because one of them snaps. I only want to replace them because they sound dull and are worn out because of playing.

"Elixir Nanoweb strings break!!" submitted January 13, 2006

Overall
Value: I have only been playing guitar for a year, yet I have tried numerous sets of strings on my Crafter guitar. Elixir Nanowebs break at least 3 times more regularly than other brands. They are a total waste of money. I have broken 3 B strings over the last 7 weeks. They are beginning to gain a terriblre reputation for longevity. Sweet sound though - terrible build quality-AVOID!

Elixir Nanoweb Strings Customer Review submitted March 26, 2007

Overall
Quality: Poorly built, the nanowebs break too fast, sometimes they break when simply winding up the string.

When you call, mention priority code 16JT-80TL. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976