When you call, mention priority code 16HZ-6QBH

Rating and Reviews: EHX NYC Big Muff Pi Pedal

Step on the EHX Big Muff Pi and help yourself to a slice of that thick, harmonically rich, sustaining fuzz made famous by generations of rock guitar legends.

"Fizzy Fuzz From The Fuzz Godz" submitted November 1, 2004

By a customer from excite.com
Musical Background: Musician/Writer/Stoner
Music Style: Abstract
Sound: This is the fuzz for psychedelic stuff. Feature: Very basic controls... the way it should be. Wish it wasn't so hard to track down an AC adapter for this thing. Quality: Good quality Value: Affordable. Manufacturer Support: Actually, I never talked to these dudes but they've been around a while. The Wow Factor: Still the coolest looking fuzz pedal. Overall: I will keep this fuzz till death. I had one of these in the 70's(who knows what happened to it). I finally got another recently and man I missed this sound.

"Great Pedal" submitted December 26, 2006

Musical Background: Guitar player
Music Style: Rock / Alternative Rock
Sound: It sounds great and you can adjust how clean or how distorted it is. You can also adjust how much treble or how much bass you want in the sound. Feature: It comes with a battery, but if you own a pedalboard, the cables that come with it won't work so you'll just have to keep replacing the battery. Ease of Use: There's only three knobs so it's pretty easy to use. Quality: It's really large but the sound is great and it's real durable. Value: It's a nice sounding pedal and not THAT much money. Manufacturer Support: I just got it so I don't really know anything about the support from the company. The Wow Factor: No other pedal sounds like this so it's pretty appealing. Overall: It is a great pedal and it definitely deserves a 10 overall because it's a unique pedal.

"It's so good that John Frusciante uses one too. =D" submitted January 3, 2006

Music Style: Funk - Rock - Jazz
Sound: The sound is nice, but a little "bassy" when you play the low strings making chords... The sound is more like Fuzz, but its just great. Feature: Simple to use, only 3 knobs (Volume, Tone, Sustain). Lovely sustainer control. Value: Nice for the pedal. It worth to pay its price. Overall: Nice sustainer, if you don't move the string (vitrato you can make, ofcourse), fuzz-like distortion, really BIG muff... it's bigger than I tought. It's appearance is just lovely. In one word: SWEET. =)

"No Muff intended" submitted January 5, 2014

By a customer from centurylink.com
Overall
Overall: The Big Muff is a big pedal for the price. Great sustain and volume which is what i was looking for. Quick delivery ans very happy.

"Great Distortion / Fuzz Pedal" submitted June 17, 2014

By Matt Gerace in Cincinnati, OH
Overall
Musical Background: 20 years...guitar / bass / piano / drums / vocals.....both a Pro & home jammer.
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Indie, Grunge, Psychedelic
Overall: Classic. Awesome. Dirty. Punchy. Enough Said. Great Buy, Great pedal.

"There's a reason this thing's been around since the 70's. You can't mess with perfection." submitted July 18, 2007

By a customer from editedit.com
Music Style: rock, alternative, pop
Sound: An immensely transparent and useful effect. After having the black, Russian made model for a while, using this was like night and day. The black model is more overdrive-y, where this is a wall of fuzz. If you use this in conjunction with a nice, gritty amp, you'll have an instant tone you'll fall in love with. Feature: Volume, Tone, Sustain (fuzz). That's it. What more do you need? The tone works as a mid boost. It's an extremely flexible tonal range. Ease of Use: It's a pedal. You put it on the ground, you kick it. End of story. Quality: This is where it'll lose a point. I'm not saying it's not durable, because it is, but it's a thin aluminum box, not a metal casing like a Boss pedal. It'll take a licking and keep ticking, but it wont survive the apocalypse, unlike a Boss pedal. Value: You can use this pedal for just about anything. Obviously it's a guitar effect, but it sounds great on bass, keyboards, anything you want. I know a few live sound engineers that'll use a real light setting through drum aux channels to give a little beef to a drumkit. Manufacturer Support: Great support. Email them, you'll get an answer very fast. The Wow Factor: I wanted it the second I played it. It's a phenomenal effect. Overall: It's not perfect, but what pedal is? The size of the pedal is a little annoying, but the tone you get out of it is phenomenal. Use a boost pedal or light overdrive before the pedal, instant sustainable feedback. It's a wonderful pedal to have in your arsenal.

"I've never heard distortion quite like this" submitted March 17, 2006

Musical Background: Producer, recording engineer, and musician
Music Style: R&B, Jazz, Hip-hop, and funk
Sound: It's a fuzzy, muffled type of distortion. I thought it was cool. It didn't blow me away, but it's something that I definitely wanted to add to my collection. Mostly because I never heard anything like it before. Feature: I like the different ways u can adjust the tone. Ease of Use: It's easy Quality: Suprisingly light for it's size, but it seems to be a good quality product. I like the way it looks. Value: OK walue. I would of liked to pay a little less though. The Wow Factor: Just look at it. Tell me you don't want one. Just look at it. Overall: It's a cool pedal. It seems that I like having it for it's status alsmost as much as for the sound.

"EH Big Muff" submitted March 12, 2007

Music Style: Christian
Sound: The sound is pretty good, but you have to have a Strat to make it sound best. Also, the tone control changes fast at about quarter way. Feature: Only three knobs, but that makes it pretty simple. Ease of Use: Pretty easy to use, but the footswitch is loud when you turn it on or off. Quality: metal case, metal footswitch. Value: Only about 80 bucks! Great value The Wow Factor: Classic pedal, I love it. Overall: I will keep this pedal forever. I don't like the noisy footswitch and the power cable is hard to find (except if you get the SKB PS45 pedalboard like I bought). Overall, pretty good pedal.

"My Big Muff and I..." submitted February 15, 2010

Music Style: That good ol' Rock and Roll, Blues, Punk
Sound: This pedal is famous for a reason. Jack White puts it in his line up for a reason. Kurt Cobain used this pedal on Nevermind and other tracks for a reason. This pedal has revolutionized the meaning of Fuzz. It made fuzz popular. If you don't like fuzz, it isn't for you. And this is no distortion. Feature: I wish it came with an adapter. But it didn't. Not a big deal, I just wish it would of. Ease of Use: The only real knobs I ever touch are the tone and sustain. The volume can stay at one position if I'm practicing, but if I'm in a band setup, I'll Either keep it at 12 o clock or full volume. Quality: My Sustain knob is a little wobbly after 2 or 3 years of owning it. But it has put up with a fair amount of abuse... Value: I think this product is modestly priced. Manufacturer Support: I have always liked Electro Harmonix, one of the best pedal companies out there, and they have a good reputation because they are so good. They solved all the problems I called in about. And they sent a DVD of their catalog which helped me set the controls on my big muff. The Wow Factor: It has nice looks and nice sound. This product is sheer genius. Overall: I don't think I will be looking for a fuzz pedal ever. This is it for me.

EHX NYC Big Muff Pi Pedal Customer Review submitted February 28, 2008

Music Style: rock, alternative rock
Sound: this pedal gives a delicious distortion fuzz sound - pure siamese dream by the smashing pumpkins. i played it with my single coil strat into a fender hot rod deluxe. with this setup you'll get that pumpkins tone right away. a little tear almost fell down my cheek when i heard this thing - being that the pumpkins are my favorite band. a must have for any shoegazer or guitar rock player. Feature: pretty simple... tone knob moves you from a bassy sound into a harsher sound with a great transition throughout... volume... sustain... Ease of Use: if you cant figure it out, give up on playing guitar... Quality: solid steel, but pretty lightweight Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: oh yes Overall: cheap cheap cheap for this kind of tone. a must have...

When you call, mention priority code 16HZ-6QBH. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976