When you call, mention priority code 12BB-7Z3K

Rating and Reviews: Egnater Tweaker 15W Amp

The Egnater Tweaker offers unbelievable tonal control. With 15 watts of power, the Egnater Tweaker is a great sounding, powerful, and compact head.

"Watch out Fender!" submitted May 2, 2012

By a customer from gmail.com in Missoula, MT
Overall
Musical Background: Songwriter and composer.
Music Style: Al over the place except for rap. Mostly blues rock and jazz.
Sound: The dynamics of this amp are great, very touch sensitive, but you have to get the tubes a little hot to let the tiger out. I am using a Weber Mini Mass Attenuator to do this and it really beefs up the tone when you can't really crank it up. This amp makes my 1 x12 cab sound great as well as the 2 x12 and the 4 tens in the Blues Deville.The amp is not noisy at all and works well in my small studio, where you can hear a pin drop.I play a Fender Players Deluxe Strat with 12's tuned down a half step, Fender Blacktop Strat with EMG David Gilmour pickup set with 10's, Standard Strat with Dimarzio Area 58,61 and 67 pickups with 11's and a Standard Telecaster with a Fender Vintage Hot Alinco in the neck and a standard tele in the bridge with 10's. All of these guitars sound really good through this amp and work with it really well. Feature: Being able to swap out with different types of tubes is a cool feature. Also the effects loop on a 15 watt amp is a big plus for me. Switchable speaker outs is good as well. I wish it had a nice headphone out with speaker simulation. Ease of Use: Pretty straight forward in this department and tones of tweakability to get the tone you want. Quality: Well made and heavier than I expected. I have not looked inside yet, but I have seen some pic's on the net. Seems pretty well designed. Value: Well worth the money I spent, and I would probably pay a little more for it, but I will take it at the going price now. Manufacturer Support: I ain't had to do this yet... The Wow Factor: I have been playing for over thirty years and I am a tone freak. If it does not sound good I do not keep it around very long. This amp is getting the blues and Gilmour sound I want coming out of speakers and into my headphones when I am recording. Overall: I had a Fender Blues Junior for about two years. Swapped the speaker out for a Eminence Cannabis Rex and was getting good tones out of it, but it did not have an effects loop. I like having my modulation effects in the loop and my drive pedals straight into the input.So I started my search for an amp that would fit the bill and the Egnater Tweaker 15 Head was the perfect solution. I already had a 1 x12 extension with a C-Rex and a 2 x 12 extension with two 16ohm Eminence Texas Heats, so I had the cab part solved. After much tooth gnashing and review reading, watching and listening, I decided to get the Egnater Tweaker 15.Handles all of my mod effects in the loop great. I have an EH Small Clone, EH Deluxe Electric Mistress, EH Deluxe Memory Man with Hazaria, EH Cathedral, MXR 10 Band EQ and a Boss RC3 Loop pedal. No hiss or hums in the chain, just pure modulated tones.I am over driving it with an EH Soul Preacher, Hardwire CM2 and a Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET and the tones I am getting with it and the 2 x12 with the Texas Heats is phenomenal. I even did a double take one day I was doing a jam with some friends in the garage. It was like holy crap is all that good sound coming out of that rig!I have since traded the Blues Jr. for a 1993 Blues Deville, but I don't think I am going to get tired of the Egnater any time soon. In fact I am using the the Blues Deville as a 4 x 10 speaker cab for the Egnater most of the time.

"What I hoped for." submitted January 3, 2011

Music Style: mainly alternative rock
Sound: My set-up: Tele w/Seymour Duncan's (APTR-1/lil '59), Tweaker, 535Q Wah, Nova Repeater, custom cab Weber 10F150 @16 Ohms. Overall good sound. (I end up with a fairly comprable sound to what I found with the Tweaker Cab.) I was very impressed that it is really as versatile as it claims. In the future might replace the 6L6GC's with 6V6's. It is not quite as aggressive as I'd like & has a little more bass response than I tend to need. (Nothing a little "tweaking" doesn't fix.) Feature: The fact that every switch noticeably did what it said it would won kudos from me. The only I thought might be nice would be a foot-switch for the clean/hot, but in the end, I am almost glad it doesn't--I've been on a gear purge as of late. I love that an amp this small has an FX loop. Ease of Use: Every feature makes sense & I have been able to dial in most any sound I can hope for. On the flip side, I am waiting for when the tweaking becomes second nature. My tweaks in changing my tones are becoming more efficient, but I need to spend more time practicing my amp. Quality: Seems well-built. I bought a blemished model am not to nervous about construction. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: I am a practical kind of guy & not too concerned with looks. Seems to be Egnater's perspective as well. Overall: I am very glad to be a Tweaker!

"Fantastic!" submitted July 27, 2013

By Tom D in melrose, MA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for a few years. PRS SE Custom, Egnater Tweaker, home made 1x10 cab with Celestion G10-40
Music Style: Blues, classic rock
Overall: As a disclaimer - I'm a hobbyist and don't perform with a band. For my purposes, this is the amp I've been waiting for. It does everything I want it to do: clean blues, dirty blues, classic rock and the Beatles. I love it, and I haven't even started messing with the tubes yet. Further, it's a very, very versatile 15w. When cranked, it's loud! at around 2-3 o'clock on the master is where (for me anyway) it shines with fantastic breakup. If I want to jam late at night and not anger the neighbors, it does remarkably well at low levels as well. Not as good as when it's opened up some, but you can get some great sounds at a loud TV level. Having previously owned a modelling amp, I'm also pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to find the tones I want (the modeling amp would take for ever for me to dial it). All it, it's a great buy, highly recommended.

"A Big surprise in a small Package !!!!!!" submitted November 18, 2010

By a customer from rocketmail.com
Overall
Musical Background: 45 years, Blues, Rock and so!!!!
Music Style: As I said Blues And Rock !!!!
Sound: This little amp packs alot of weight . It's completly versitile in many ways . You can go from fender sweet to vox chime into Marshall crunch and anywhere in between . Feature: Here you have switches that will help you to evolve , thats right evolve into any combinsation of sound your looking for at volumes that are aceptable in apartment life and still achieve that sound your looking for Ease of Use: Very easy to set it up just play find your own way its all there !!!!! Quality: Product exceeds all that is written about it , you can even run a 412 cab and still com out sounding great Value: Without a doubt the most versitile amp for the money and Studio friendly !!!!! Manufacturer Support: Just call , or write to Egnater they will answer all and help you anyway they can !!! The Wow Factor: Just looks like it is simple and smooth with a bite to it !!!! Overall: I also looking at egnater renagade . I also own his 212 cab with the Celeston 80s its great

"Egnater Tweaker, awesome boutique amp tone with extreme tonal versatility at a great price." submitted December 15, 2011

Musical Background: Most of my life off and on, 1 year with guitar
Music Style: Blues, classic and alternative rock
Sound: I have yet to produce a bad sound or tone with this amp. If it's super heavy metal your looking for, then this is not your amp without help. But, for everything else, it is just great. THis applies whether your playing at 'bedroom' volumes or you crank it to it's full 15 watt glory. I've heard it sounds even better with a Tun Sol 12AX7 in preamp V1. If thats the case, then woah nellie. It already sounds awesome. Feature: Only reason it doesn't get a 10, is there is no headphone out. But, it truly is the Tweaker. You can get a plethora of different tone and nuances from all the various tweak switches. Ease of Use: Extremely easy to dial in a tone. Quality: Built rock solid, no flaws or issues. Top quality. Value: At it's price point, the Tweaker is a steal. Easily worth much more. Boutique amp tone at this price is awesome. Manufacturer Support: Only a 9 because I haven't had to deal with them. No problems. The Wow Factor: Just love everything about it. Overall: THis amp is going to be my main home and home recording amp for a LONG time.

"I'm a Tweaker" submitted February 24, 2014

By Casey B in Omaha, NE
Overall
Overall: Fantastic amp, really for any price. Don't let the 15 watt rating fool you, this is a LOUD amp! I'm running mine through a 1x12 loaded with an Eminence Texas Heat, which is a very efficient speaker, and this thing rattles my windows if I crank the master past noon. The good news is that it sounds really good with the gain pushing the pre-amp tubes and the master turned down to bedroom/practice levels. Does it sound better with the master volume up so you're pushing the power tubes into distortion? Yes but that's pretty much true of any amp.For high gain metal type tones, I use the AC setting, modern, normal, tight, gain maxed, treble 2:00, mid 8:00, bass 12:00. Push the amp with a boost or OD pedal.Flip to Brit setting and crank the mids to 3:00 or so and you've got a great rock crunch.My favorite clean is the AC channel, deep.

"Old players will love the Egnater Tweaker !" submitted October 31, 2011

Musical Background: 40 year pro
Sound: I have been playing professionally for 40+ years and as we all know, the quest for THE tone never ends .. So, after researching the Egnater Tweaker, especially the fact that you can change the tubes from the 6v6 to EL34's, etc .. And considering that zZounds has their amazing Pay As You Play plan, it was way too good to pass up.. !! The Tweaker is a perfect addition to my amp collection and it sounds amazing .. Manufacturer Support: N/A

" Egnater Tweaker 15 Watt Guitar Amp Head " submitted January 9, 2014

By Elias P in Corpus Christi, TX
Overall
Musical Background: been playing on n off 25 yrs. gigs at home drums,guitar,keyboards
Music Style: blues,rock,classic rock
Overall: Had to wait like 4 days after I received the amp,but oh yea!!! It was all the other reviews had said. I put it thru a 2/12 cabinet,and it sound great. Endless tone configurations too............

"Egnater Tweaker 15W Head" submitted February 12, 2012

By Louie B in New Orleans, LA
Musical Background: Pro
Music Style: Everything
Overall: My first review of anything. If you're an experienced professional you can make this amp do anything you need it to do. I always use a small amount" of compression, chrous and delay for flavoring. I have two and A/B them with various cabinets. I can cover everything. Outstadning Mr. Egnater. Best buy I've made in recent memory due to ZZounds pricing and cooperation.

"Great little head" submitted November 1, 2012

By Adam C in Raleigh, NC
Musical Background: 6 years, jamming and gigging
Music Style: rock, pop punk, metal, worship
Overall: I recently purchased this head and I love it! There are so many different tone variations with this little guy and those 15 watt tubes can scream when they're warm! I would highly reccomend this head for any player looking for that warm tube sound without breaking the bank. Get this amp!

"Great in the Studio" submitted June 28, 2013

By a customer from davidgerald.com in Westland, MI
Overall
Overall: I'm using the to Tweaker to record direct using a direct box. Sounds wonderful. Better sound than I would ever get micing a speaker cab. will be updating the trannies when have the money to improve the sound even more. sounds even smoother with JJ 803S tubes.

When you call, mention priority code 12BB-7Z3K. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976