When you call, mention priority code 176N-QW0S

Rating and Reviews: Egnater Renegade Head

Deliver tons of different tones with this insanely versatile amp head! The Regegade is packed with six 12AX7 preamp tubes, two 6L6 and two EL34 power tubes.

"Best of both worlds!!!!!" submitted September 12, 2012

By Dennis Floridia
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing about 47 years electric acoustic guitars and some keyboard
Music Style: Classic Rock, Christian, Worship team, solo acoustic.Concerts, Clubs, weddings and some recording experience. Currently doing
Overall: Over the last 47 years I've owned a lot of Amps. Ampeg, Marshall stacks, Hi-watt stacks, Various Fenders, a few Mesa Boogies, Modeling Amps, V32 Palomino ( Modded) AMAZING! I needed something with plenty of clean headroom and good overdrive in same box. This head does it all. I run it in many configurations. The variable impedance selector allows the use of 4, 8, or 16 ohms. I have a 2x12 Budda cabinet plus 2 matching Egnater 1x12s. I also have another 1x12 custom twelve I built all solid pine. I mix and match and the versatility of this head is really functional. Clean channel is crisp and natural with punch. You can dial in some airy pristine chords if you want, it's all in there. The overdrive channel has plenty of natural sounding sustain, from warm to biting, there is more than enough gain. I don't play metal but I think this puppy is very saturated for most applications. Considering, the stock tubes sound better than I expected. Eventually I will pop some Mullard re-issues in it, wow can't imagine it sounding even better, but the Mullards will really bring out the quality of this beast. Haven't tried it live yet, I'm sure it will kick some Royal butt. May it remain reliable! Definitely push more air and get a quality 2x12. I added the (2) 1x12 Matching Egnaters because they are easy and lighter to transpor, than a 70 pound 2x12. Perfect head love all the features. 2 channels, tube mix, 18 or 65 watt feature, Quality sound! LOTS OF BANG FOR THE BUCK.

"Found the amp I have been looking for..." submitted December 9, 2012

By J R
Overall
Musical Background: Active musician. I play guitar, bass, drums, and piano.
Music Style: Mainly rock.
Sound: I'm running my head through a 4x12 Egnater Tourmaster cab (loaded with four Celestion Vintage 30 speakers) and it sounds great! The cool thing about this amp is it is versatile. There isn't one sound that you get and you're either happy with or not. The knobs are sensitive and responsive which I like. I can't stand an amp that sounds the same no matter how much you turn the knobs. You can potentially dial in any sound you desire. That said, I can't tell you what this amp sounds like exactly as there are many factors involved such as the guitar you're using, the cab, your fingers, my own human ears compared to yours/others, etc. Though I can say that the QUALITY of sound beats any solid state amp. The louder the amp gets the better it sounds (to an extent, too loud is just too loud obviously). I found when using the amp at a lower volume the gain knob should be turned down as well. If you crank the gain at a low volume the amp will sound compressed and spongy. This amp is capable of pleasing jazz/blues freaks just as good pleasing the metalheads. Feature: Plenty of useful features!!! The plethora of switches and knobs make this amp a winner. You have 2 channels; a clean channel and an overdrive channel. Each are paired with a 18w/65w switch, TIGHT/DEEP switch, and BRIGHT/NORMAL switch. Along with your typical 3-band EQ, GAIN, and VOLUME knobs. The TUBE MIX feature is useful as it adds yet another option to seeking the tone you want. The owners manual goes into depth on how they work, I strongly urge anyone thinking about buying this amp to download a pdf file of the manual and read it (they generously provide plenty of information about their amps). These are the features make the amp capable of achieving plenty of different sounds. I have two guitars; one with humbuckers and the other with single coils. The amp responds to both fairly well with the features provided. Another great feature is the footswitch, capable of assigning your effects loop, reverb, boost to either Ch.1, both channels, or Ch. 2. It makes life a lot easier when you don't' have to constantly turn on/off pedals or reverb when you switch channels. Another cool feature is the impedance switch. You can run it at 4 ohms, 8 ohms, and 16 ohms. This makes it easier to pair up with cabs or running it with more than one cab. They make biasing the amp easy as well. Without these features, the amp would not be as great as it is. Props to Egnater for allowing guitarists to have control over their sound/amp. Ease of Use: As with any kind of music equipment, you have to spend time with it to get the hang of it. I believe that if anything out there is capable of tweaking (literally anything: cars, amps, your home thermostat, etc.) then there will be a learning curve. You simply have to sit down, close your eyes, and listen with your ears. For those who want to plug in and go, find yourself a nice one channel tube amp with 3 knobs. Eganter put out a product that was made for tweaking and fiddling around with, the ease of use will come from hours of playing. Eventually you will quickly know/find what settings/EQ will work for anything you want to play. Quality: The amp seems to be made very well. It doesn't look/feel cheaply made. The input jacks seem sturdy and well made. The footswitch is made of metal and seems to be durable. Also, If you take good care of your equipment then it will take good care of you. Just because it's well made doesn't mean it's a brick. Tube amps are fragile. Value: Definitely worth the price they're asking for. There are amps out there that cost far more with less features. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to contact Egnater directly. Hopefully I will never have to. Their website has plenty of information regarding their products. They seem to care about putting out quality products that represent themselves as honest amp manufacturers. There is a level of pride when putting your product out on the market as you strive to meet the demands of the consumer and are proud to offer something that will make/keep your customers satisfied. Anything you put your name on ultimately represents you. The Wow Factor: The looks of an amp doesn't matter to me. What matters is what's on the inside and ultimately how it sounds! Is there something about this amp that makes me want it even if I could make good music without it? Yes, the versatility. Sure, I can make good music without it, but I can make even better music with it. Overall, this amp is well made and sounds good. Anything that can offer a wide range of features and can sound good at the same time is worth having. The key word of this review is versatile. Bold statement: I recommend this amp to anyone looking for whatever sound they want to hear. Overall: First off, I am not a flashy musician. I like to keep things (in music and in life) basic (in this case I mean basic as far as leaving out all the digital effects, presets, etc.). That said, this amp is far from basic (as it's extremely versatile), but far from flashy as well. I wanted an amp with 2 channels; a nice clean channel and an overdrive channel that would eliminate my need for a distortion pedal (luckily this amp provided both, and added tons of room for tweakage). I'm not too big on having tons of pedals hooked up to my rig because I feel they mask and compromise the tone of the amp and the guitar. I'm not saying I don't use pedals because I do, but only when I need/want to. Bottom line: I don't rely on pedals for my sound. A good musician can do more with less. The features provided by this amp help guitarists find any sound they want. You aren't given one sound to fiddle with if that makes sense. You are given the ability to fiddle with many different sounds. I don't play a certain genre of music that requires a certain kind of sound, BUT I have the ability to play any kind of music because I have the ability to get the sound I need for it (get it?). This amp does just that.

"Total Package" submitted December 16, 2012

By Randi Williams in Irondale, OH
Overall
Musical Background: I've been payed to play guitar and sing for 40 years. That alone amazes me to no end. I also play keyboards, brass, and woodwind
Music Style: Mostly classic rock, a little country. whatever the occasion calls for.
Sound: This amp would be suitable for just about any style. he omly possible exception would be metal, and that's if you're looking for total balls to the walls distortion 100% of the time. In that case, a single channel tube amp might be more suitable. There are so many ways to fine tune your sound on the Renegade, you'll be able to get what you're after. Don't get me wrong, I was never one to tinker around and fiddle with a bunch of knobs and switches, it's a little more defined in this case. Feature: I guess I'm not up on the 18 watt/65 watt selection and it's full potential yet.The other features, however, lend themselves to getting the sound desired. The MAIN 2 switch on the pedal board I've been using as a boost for playing leads. Ease of Use: There are suggestions for initial settings to get started with. From there, you can experiment a little to get what you're after. What other pedals I use seem to get along well with the Renegade. It won't take long for you to tune in great sounds and love this amp. Quality: Since I just bought this amp. I can't really judge the road worthyness of it. It looks to be built very well, and it looks great! Value: Yes, I would have to say it stacks up very well price wise, especially with the boutique amps that I would put head to head (no pun intended) with the Renegade. I considered a Marshall head, as I've owned a few in the past. The added flexibility of the Renegade persuaded me to buy it instead. Manufacturer Support: So far, no issues, or reasons to contact support. The Wow Factor: I bought it because I tried it at a local music store and was very impressed with the sound and features. That's why I bought it, not just because it was pretty. Overall: This amp lets you achieve the sound you're looking for, whether it be clean chicken pickin' country, or hard rock piercing leads. After owning several brands of amps over the years, as have a few of the other reviewers so I see, including Marshall, Matchless, Orange, etc. this amp has the features to let you mold and sculpt the sound you're after. The mixture of power tubes, although done before on other amps (I also own a Peavey Windsor half stack) it seems they got it right with the Renegade. Just the flexibility of the foot switch alone indicates the true versitility of this amp. It's well built, looks sharp, and sounds awsome.

"Great Amp" submitted January 22, 2014

By Ryan F in Washington, WV
Overall
Musical Background: playing around 15 years. as of now i play a 2007 american telecaster.
Music Style: rock/punk
Overall: its a well made amp. the overall tone is great. anyone who ever tells you that you cant tell the difference in tone by blending the 6L6s and the EL34s is a moron. only gripe is i wish that you could add a little more dirt to your clean channel. i love how much you can fine tune the tone on the amp. the footswitch is well built. the chord with it is plenty long enough. the amp also comes with a padded cover which is a nice touch. i have played a good bit of shows with this amp and have yet to have a problem. only problem at shows is guitarist from other bands wanting to use it. not even joking. i use this head matched up with an old marshall avt 4x12 cab.

"Your sounds inside!" submitted May 4, 2011

Musical Background: 30 yrs semi
Music Style: blues,rock, country
Sound: very tweakable. Like every amp it depends on what speakers your using. The major thing I like is its not filled up with digital samples and loads of stuff that keeps you from finding your tone. Its in there. Stragest thing is I'm running it through a bugera 4x12 and it sounds better fuller and more alive then the 2x12 egnater cab I have. More then likely its the acoustics of the bigger cab. Feature: Awesome durable footswitch. With the combination of tubes and switches really unless you get some bad tubes I can't see you not getting a sound you love. Ease of Use: Have to play around with the settings so it takes awhile. If you hate tweaking and finding your sweet spot then get a line 6 but let me tell you ahead of time those amps sound fine at house levels. Once your in a gig or jam situation its another story. Quality: Very sturdy and road worthy. Only thing I had to do was set the bias. Which on these amps is as easy as pie. Get a 10$ multimeter and your done in 10 minutes. I noticed that before I adjusted the bias the reverb was hardly noticeable. Now it has just enough not to splashy. NOTE. Also the different kind of tubes you can use in this amp assures you of a good chance of making it into your own special sound. Value: Look around. Compare. Maybe you'll see why I bought one. Manufacturer Support: havent had to but heard bruce responds to emails personally. Overall: I think this will do me for quite awhile. Plus a 3 yr warranty that didn't cost extra is a big plus too.
10 of 13 people (76.92%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 176N-QW0S. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976