When you call, mention priority code 16HR-XVQV

Rating and Reviews: Egnater Tourmaster 4100

The Egnater Tourmaster 4100 is Egnater's flagship amp. With 4 channels and 100 watts of power, it's not hard to see why guitarists love the Tourmaster 4100.

"Egnater Tourmaster head" submitted November 22, 2012

By bo b in pueblo, CO
Overall
Musical Background: Played guitar for about 10 years, also play drums and piano. Dj professionally but have been getting back into guitar as of late
Music Style: Rock, Classic Rock, used to be into metal, EDM, blues, jazz
Sound: Great!!! You can get just about any tone desired from this amp. I got mine set up so Channel 1 is basically a nice bright vox clean. Channel 2 is pretty much set up to sound like a pushed plexi breaking up but not much, if i need a little more i use my green screamer. Channel 3 is my most used channel, and i have it set up somewhere in between a jcm and super lead sound. Then on Channel 4 i have it set up as my high gain solo channel, basically a boogie type sound. I have the power grid dialed down to 25watts on every channel but the clean one so i can get than nice power tube break up without the ear splitting volumes...don't even need to use my attenuator on this one. Feature: Most useful feature to me is the vintage/modern switch, completely changes the tonal characteristics. I have mine all set to vintage as that's more what i'm looking for(classic marshall sound). The power grid is also very useful is i run the amp volumes pretty high to get power tube distortion. So i can dial down the power and get some great breakup at non-ear splitting volumes. Given its still pretty loud even at 10 watts but as long as you don't plan on playing at bedroom volumes its great, a plexi glass shield makes a huge difference too. Ease of Use: It's really easy to get a great sound from this in minutes, but there is a little learning curve as controls on different amps are all pretty different. It took me a couple of weeks to get my sound completely perfected but thats to be expected with most multi channel amps. But one suggestion i have to any guitar player when messing with settings is use your ears not your eyes. Quality: Yes it is made in china but to me it seems great, built like a tank. I'm kinda glad it was built in china because if it was made in the USA it would double if not triple the price. I've read some reviews describing issues with this amp and i've encountered none. But then again people complain about every amp, i'm beginning to think these problems are more the user and not the amp. Value: Totally worth it for the money...Great buy!! Manufacturer Support: Havn't had to deal with them yet. The Wow Factor: Looks great sounds great what else can you ask for??? Overall: Overall, i'd say this is a great amp if you need a variety of tones out of a single head. If your looking for great vintage tones or even modern ones this amps for you!

"Egnater Tourmaster4100" submitted October 1, 2012

By Sidney Brandon in Elderton, PA
Overall
Musical Background: I'm an all around musician!! mainly guitar but also play drums,bass, keyboard,and mandolin!!
Music Style: Rock, country,southern rock!!
Overall: zZounds is extremely friendly and very thorough when taking your order and you know where your stuff is from the time it leaves their warehouse till the time it hits your door step!!! They helped me when the other CENTERS OF GUITARS wouldn't!!! They now have me as a LIFE LONG CUSTOMER!!! Thank you zZounds!!! You guys are great!!! My TOURMASTER IS THE VERY SOUND THAT I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR FOR TWENTY PLUS YEARS!!! If you don't have an EGNATER amp, then you need to sell your stuff and get one!! I totally did away with ALL my stompboxes except for the delay and wha !! That is all you need for this amp!! Its a straight up PLUG AND PLAY amp!! I love it!! My search for sound has ended with this amp!!!

"I've owned some great amps, this one is the one I'm keeping." submitted May 9, 2011

Music Style: alternative rock
Sound: Everything from clean with shimmering highs to full on speed metal tones, four channels with knobs that actually DO something to your tone... each channel progressively has more gain available. Still shaping my tones for a few different tracks. The one drawback might be that you'll find yourself tweaking tones for hours, because you'll keep finding something you like better! Looking for Clapton? its in there. Hendrix? in there. Mustaine? yep. Warm jazz tones? yep. Feature: used to have a Mesa MK III C+, never could find what I was looking for tone wise (the phase push/pulls always seemed useless), and I've owned one of the easiest amps to tune in for tone as well (Soldano Hot Rod 50). All channels are VERY responsive on this, and LOVE the power grid and assignable effects loop. Haven't tried the cabinet modeled line out yet, kind of a purist... like the idea of a mic (or two) in front of Celestion vintage 30's. Everything is responsive from the classic/modern switches to the 'shape', whatever you're looking for sound wise is there. Ease of Use: A tweaker's dream. All four channels have exactly the same knobs/switches... and again, they actually DO change the tone! I plugged in and set up four different sounds on the four channels in about 20 minutes, then just kept tweaking depending on what style I was playing. Very easy to use. Quality: Monster built. the head reminds me of my old JCM 800, except it weighs about 20 lbs. more and is a bit deeper size wise. Looks top notch to me. Here's a clue, when mine showed up it'd been lost in the UPS system for about four days... the box looked like it had a run in with a Hummer (all four bottom corners had scraped holes in them)... Very worrisome. Pulled it out, no tinkle of glass (telltale tube woes) and not a scratch on it. Definitely looked like it'd been bounced a few times though. Plugged it in, warmed it up... sounds perfect. The footswitch is great as well, heavy steel with heavy duty switches and a midi plug (which means if you need more space on stage, just buy a longer midi cable). Value: Really can't say enough about the tones available. I suppose you could go for one of the lower wattage Egnater amps (I'm sold on Egnater) if you're using it strictly for recording (the Tweaker series maybe?) and save a bit of cash... but if you're looking for something for stage use, this thing will handle anything from a small coffee house gig to a large stage (switchable from 10 to 100 watts, on every channel!)... just add more speaker cabs. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with Egnater's support yet... don't think I'll have to for a while either. Based on everything else I've experienced with this amp, I have a feeling support won't be an issue. The Wow Factor: Tube amp sex appeal? not sure about that... but I might've traded it for something else if it wasn't so great. Can definitely say 'I want it' now though. Have gotten rid of a bunch of amps in the past, will probably buy different amps in the future, but this thing will be staying around. Overall: Definitely pleased with this amp (as if you can't tell from the review). Haven't even hooked up any effects to this yet... still reveling in the tube warmth, clarity and crunch.

When you call, mention priority code 16HR-XVQV. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976