When you call, mention priority code 143M-T2PF

Rating and Reviews: Pacific Concept Maple 7pc

Expand your sound with this maple 7-piece drum shell kit. As part of the PDP Concept series, this kit offers pro-level performance at an outstanding price.

"Simply amazing!" submitted May 6, 2013

By Jason S in Maineville, OH
Overall
Musical Background: 25 years of drumming, semi-pro.
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Jazz, blues.
Overall: Bought these drums back in August '12. I have played on Pearl, Tama, Ludwig and DW. I have a personal preference of DW over all drums I've played on. That said, the PDP kit matched my expectations of my DW days. Excellent tonal sounds. They resonate the right pitches and carry the sound superbly. If you're thinking of getting a rig, but you're unsure of what to expect; raise your expectations a few notches and you'll get the PDP/DW experience. For the price (which I still believe is too low for this kit) you cannot and will not go wrong. Add in the Play as you Pay feature that zzounds has, you have nothing but a win/win situation here.
27 of 28 people (96.43%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great kit" submitted November 26, 2012

By Joseph Nail in Baltimore, MD
Musical Background: 13yrs exp between drums and guitar session player
Music Style: Rock,metal,jazz,and blues
Overall: I have own several kits by the top makers and this kit compares to and beats most of them. The shells are beautifully finished and the sound is amazing. I am constantly telling people its like owning dw's without the pricetag. I highly recommend this kit.

"One fantastic drum set" submitted August 27, 2013

By Tommy Deem in campbell, OH
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing over 35 years Drums and professionally.
Music Style: country,and blues
Overall: I found the set up is perfect ,were I need each drum I need to play. The drums have excellent sound and tone,,for rock, jazz or country which I have played for 35 years.i do a lot of studio work and recording for different .people.These drums are well worth the money. Tommy Deem

"pdp transparent walnut" submitted April 17, 2014

By tyler l
Music Style: Metal
Overall: Absolutely beautiful. Spent weeks debating between the white and the walnut, and completely glad I went with the walnut. Such a beautiful color and can see the wood grain through the lacquer. Sounds great right out the box after putting together and giving it a little tune with the factory heads. But wasn't quite the sound I was looking for. Slaped some pinstripes on the batters and emporers on the resos and this kit definitely holds up to the Dw name. If your looking for a high quality kit for a low price buy it. Pretty shocked at the price to be honest. Zzounds pay as you play is awesome other wise I'd be saving to buy and still jamming on my low end sonor kit. And the shipping was crazy fast, ordered on a Thursday and was sitting at my door Saturday.

"Pdp concept pearlized white" submitted October 11, 2013

By Forrest White in Brodheadsville, PA
Musical Background: been playing since I was 16 am 45 now
Music Style: Rock, Blues , Southern Rock
Overall: love these drums. they have a great sound. I my very first pdp kit and maple kit as well. highly recommend this shell kit.

"PDP Black on Black CM7 Kit" submitted September 26, 2012

By David Martin in Horseshoe Bend, AR
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing music for 15 plus years. Instrument of choice : Drums
Music Style: Rock and Metal
Overall: Love it completely! Its amazing how well theses drums play. I have expanded so much with this kit. Unbelievable and unbeatable for this price, and oh my gosh! The fastest shipping ever! Got here in 3 days! I wonder buy! Do it! Buy this kit! It is amazing!

"Phenomenal!" submitted April 23, 2014

By Jimmy Bellerose in Kissimmee, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Playing 18 years now. Started in Symphonic Band and moved on to Jazz/Rock Ensemble, Marching and Drum Corps.
Music Style: Rock, metal, hip-hop, drum and bass, blues.
Overall: Everything about this kit screams quality. I purchased this kit to replace my PDP CX5 and have been very happy with it. I also added a full rack, DW's STM mounts to the 14 and 16 inch floor toms and a second bass drum. Of course no kit can be complete without cymbals so I'm running Sabian AAX all around with Wuhan chinas. This beauty sounds like an opera singer performing the most beautiful love song ever written. After playing on this kit, I could not justify spending the money on a "professional grade" kit. As far as I'm concerned, this is professional grade and I could not imagine what a $3000 5 piece brings to the table if this is classed as "intermediate".

"The most musical drums I've ever heard." submitted April 1, 2013

By Nicholas Johnson in Hobart, IN
Overall
Musical Background: Semi pro drummer. Playing for 15 years. Multi-instrumentalist.
Music Style: Rock, indie, progressive, shoegaze
Overall: Incredible. I am in love with these drums. Got the pearl white and they look fantastic. There's a slight sparkle to the finish that I wasn't expecting- it was a NICE surprise. They sound extraordinary; the most musical drums I've ever heard in person. They sing for sure. The DW hardware and pro features are great. This is a professional quality kit. I will absolutely be recording and gigging with it from here on out.

"Nothing comes close for the money." submitted June 19, 2014

By Gary Kotil in Dawsonville, GA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing drums since the sixty's, been in at least 25 bands.
Music Style: Rock and jazz.
Overall: I have been playing since the sixty's, and have owned several top brand kits.You could pay twice the money I spent on these drums and not do any better as far as sound, quality, and finish. I feel without a doubt these are the best drums available for the money.

"DAMN!!!!!" submitted June 26, 2013

By marc burbank in spring, TX
Musical Background: since 1966
Music Style: played it all
Overall: i luv em!!!!!there's just no other way to put it!!

"Great Product." submitted July 5, 2014

By Steve S in plainfield, IN
Overall
Musical Background: I play drums.
Music Style: Rock and C&W
Overall: The drums are great looking. The sound is excellent. The construction is excellent. Top notch instrument.

"Pacific Drums Concept Maple Drums 7 PC" submitted June 9, 2014

By Ian O in San Diego, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing drums 35+ years, played professionally off and on over those years in the Canadian /U.S. bar circuits.
Music Style: Classic and progressive rock.
Overall: Really happy with these shells. Replaced the factory top heads with Remo pin stripes to get a deep sound from them and they sound bad ass. Tom mounts are solid and they adjusted perfectly to the angle and height I like. Not familiar with any other PDP hardware because I use Pearl cymbal, HH, snare stands and double bass pedal. Overall, a great price for these drums, could easily be several hundred dollars more. I purchased the "pearl white" and they look amazing under stage lighting.

"Pdp concept maple walnut" submitted April 2, 2014

Musical Background: Drumming for 6 yrs
Music Style: Death metal
Overall: Amazing kit great features and quick shipping ,thanks a lot zzounds

"pacific drums concept 7 pcs kit" submitted September 27, 2013

By WAYNE B in BULLHEAD CITY, AZ
Musical Background: PLAY AT HOME
Music Style: LISTEN TOO IT ALL FOR THE DRUMS BUT PLAY ROCK/COUNTRY/BLUES
Overall: I JUST STARTED OUT PLAYING DRUMS, IM 65 YEARS OLD. STARTED ON 5 PCS PERCUSSION PLUS KIT. AFTER TEACHING MYSELF TO READ MUSIC. I HAD TO UP GRADE TO PDP 7 PCS MAPLE CHERRY TO BLACK FADE SPARKLE. THEY SOUND EXTRAORDINARY, MUSIC SURE SOUND LOTS BETTER ON A GREAT KIT. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND BUY PDP. ZZOUNDS WAS ALSO GREAT, IVE ORDERED MORE THING FROM ZZOUNDS. AND IT WAS FAST GOT IN 3DAYS ( PLAYING 6 MONTHS) I USE STUDIO RINGS

"PACIFIC CONCEPT 7X SHELL KIT" submitted October 16, 2013

By WAYNE B in BULLHEAD CITY, AZ
Musical Background: N/A
Music Style: N/A
Overall: ( JUST TOO LET KNOW,) WHEN YOU BUY PACIFIC 7X DRUM SHELL KIT, IT COMES WITH THE EXTRA 8 INCH TOM HANGER FROM CYMBAL SAND. THE PHONE PERSON AND I WASNT SURE SO ORDERD ONE HE WAS VERY HELPFUL. WAYNE

When you call, mention priority code 143M-T2PF. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976