When you call, mention priority code 1568-196Y

Rating and Reviews: DR Strings Black Beauties

Pre-coated before winding and finished with a corrosion inhibiting coating, the DR Black Beauties are highly resilient without sacrificing playability.

"Black, Black, #1" submitted June 11, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: decades performance and studio
Music Style: heeavy fusion, r, b, m
Sound: Great strings. I buy like 10 sets at a tome of the 11-50s, I play Eb half step detuned. I dig them and the looks. I actually find these strings last so long I tend to change them out after a couple months as I never wear them down or the coating. Sometimes you get a little pick wear on the 1st string but that does not effect the tone. Feature: Certainly one of the best coated strings. Ease of Use: I use Spertzel locking tuners on all by guitars and Eb tuning. No breakage issue or intonation problems, they remain in tune quite well. Quality: I have had some regular DRs in the past I was not that taken with. These Black Beauties are just great strings. If you do not want the coolness and darkness of the blacks, I think they have a clear set as well. Coated strings are the way to go. These look really cool on my ebony neck guitars as well as my maple fingerboards. Value: I think the price I find them for is often better than what I used to use, music stores never have them so I always load up on line. Manufacturer Support: No idea. The Wow Factor: Black strings are just wicked cool. I love the odd looks when people see them. Overall: For now these are my strings of choice in the 11-50s and I am utterly sold on coated strings. They last so long I usually change them just from all the stretching I put them through in a few months time. Word of advice, these dark strings are hard to see, sometimes damn near impossible. If you have to stare at the neck quite a bit to hit your spots they might pose an issue for you. I seem to have little problems unless the room is really dark which would effect even normal strings.

"Really, really good strings." submitted April 9, 2007

Overall
Sound: Great sound, the tone is not changed at all despite the coating. Feature: The coating makes them hold up really well. And their DR, so you know their great. Ease of Use: Strings, uh, what else needs to be said? Quality: They will last, over 3x as long as earnie balls or anything like that. Hold up extremely well. Value: If they last that long, then yeah, their worth it. Manufacturer Support: Never dealt with them The Wow Factor: I bought all the sets the store had. They only had two, but still, I absolutly had to have them. Overall: I love them. I LOVE THEM! Black strings on a black guitar, it looks damn great! Sound is wonderful, durable as hell. And will hold up for a long time. A REAL long time.

"Back in Black" submitted January 22, 2008

Musical Background: Active Musician, Guitarist
Music Style: Metal, Rock
Sound: The sound is amazing it has better lows than the .10-.42 i had earlier. Feature: The Black is awesome. I gave it a 9 cuz the black rubs off where the pick hits the strings but theres no sound change. Ease of Use: There strings and there black wat more could you want Quality: They last FOREVER Value: A little expensive but watever Manufacturer Support: dont need it The Wow Factor: There motherf*!king black Overall: Better than any other strings ive used

"Great strings!" submitted June 30, 2013

By Alex D in Gainesville, GA
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing guitar for 2 yrs and piano for 1. I love to play along with friends and in front of people.
Music Style: Blues, Christian, and rock.
Overall: I live these strings! Great sound for coated strings. The only problem Is they eventually start to turn gray (an easy fix for this is to color The gray spots with a black sharpie. Works great!) would recommend these to everyone!

"It is awsome." submitted March 27, 2007

Music Style: Rock, Punk
Sound: These strings were awsome with the style of music I play and the sound quality was awsome. Feature: The black strings were awsome it was a great idea and I support it. Ease of Use: I could get the sound I wanted easily and the sound was not muffled. Quality: The black has never flaked off since I've used them and I like them. Value: Yes, these strings last a long time and don't wear off. Manufacturer Support: I have always used DR strings and the people at DR told me about them and I was psyched. The Wow Factor: It is very cool looking and I liked it. Overall: I don't think I will ever replace it and it looks really cool on my white guitar.

"dictator of all guitar strings" submitted February 26, 2008

Overall
Sound: ive used dean markleys, d'adario's, DR hi voltage and these strings. and nothing compares to these bad boys. Feature: whatever they did to these strings, they did it right. Quality: its DR, what you expect? Value: id pay double what they're worth just because they're amazing. The Wow Factor: just black strings itself makes me cry, but my setup...E,A,D,e strings black, G and B strings red....who doesnt love that? Overall: ive only gone through 2 sets of these strings over the course of a year.

DR Strings Black Beauties Customer Review submitted February 2, 2009

By hlubnaomi
Overall
Sound: the sound of this string justu sucks! the black coated stuff comes off on my first day and distortion sounds very muddy. Feature: i don't really like them Ease of Use: its alright soft and all good for rock tricks but sound is bad. Quality: this product is made well but sound is still bad Value: never buy over price. The Wow Factor: never want it

When you call, mention priority code 1568-196Y. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976