When you call, mention priority code 1760-QGQP

For delivery by New Year's Eve, order by 2pm EST Monday, Dec 29th with 2-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Dunlop Strap Lock

This easy-to-use strap lock slips over your existing strap pin, making it just as simple as it is effective.

"Lok Strap and you won't cry for a Dead Guitar." submitted September 30, 2010

Music Style: Guitar, Uke
Sound: This is one great product, I do not understand people having a hard time getting it on or off, maybe if they can't figure out how to turn the knob, I just don't know, it is so simple a 5 year old could do it. It is very secure and with a twist you can remove it. I do not think it would accidently come off either. Great Product, great price and it is a better deal than amazon. Thanks

"One of the best straplock systems available." submitted March 6, 2007

Music Style: rock, folk, punk, metal, country - I like just about everything
Feature: Just straplocks, but they do what they're intended to do. Ease of Use: Very easy to get on the guitar. A little harder to get off, but if anything that only increases my faith in their durability. Quality: They're plastic, but it seems to be very durable plastic, and the strap pins are what end up holding the guitar for the most part; these locks just prevent the strap from coming off. Value: Amazing value. They're dirt cheap, and better than most more expensive alternatives. The Wow Factor: These are great in terms of matching the guitar, and that's a big part of why I got 'em. I wanted to preserve a simple strap-on-strap-pin look, and these deliver, especially with a black strap (or a strap with a black bottom). Overall: I've used a lot of strap lock systems - these, Schallers, Dunlop Straploks, and the D'Andrea locking strap. I am a Schaller person, by and large, and I consider Schaller to be the absolute most secure and well-designed option available, as long as you tighten them with a wrench or pliers. However, this beats everything else, including Dunlop's more expensive Straploks, with their unassuring four tiny ball bearings and failprone button. And it has the additional advantage of being bar none the least bulky straplock system on the market today.
31 of 33 people (93.94%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"THESE ROCK!" submitted February 26, 2008

Musical Background: aspiring professional
Music Style: many
Feature: Sturdy plastic, holds up my heavy Dean guitars just fine, as well as my light acoustic guitars. I have zero worries. Best thing is I didn't have to modify my guitars. Goes over your existing strap button to lock your strap on. I decided to try these after seeing a video in which Marty Friedman recommended them, and twirled/yanked his custom Jackson around by the strap. He is no idiot. These work. Ease of Use: So easy that a child could do it. I'm not sure what others are complaining about. May bee they bee 2 stoopid? Quality: To me this seems at least as reliable as traditional strap lock systems, if not more so. The plastic is heavy duty and does what it's supposed to do. I have been using them for nearly a year and had zero problems. Value: At this price they're definitely worth trying out. Buy one, and if you are too stupid to understand it, then fuggedaboutit. But chances are you will buy them for every guitar you own. Overall: All the drilling, gluing, using toothpicks to shim up a loose hole, cracking your paint around the strap pin, all that nonsense of installing tradition strap locks is OVER! These rock!

"Dunlop strap lock review." submitted March 22, 2011

Musical Background: Musician
Music Style: Alternative, country, gospel, christian rock
Sound: It dosen't have a sound so i can't really say what the sound quality is like. Feature: It's amazing it's so simple. Dunlop is a genious for creating such an amazing devise. Ease of Use: It's so easy to pop on, and twist. taking it off is a little difficult, but that's for reasurence purposes. I use a thick lather strap and it is alittle difficult to put the lock on. Quality: Amazing does it's job 100% Value: Defanitly not worth $4.00 i live in Summersville, WV and can buy them cheaper. 25 cents a piece. Manufacturer Support: I have never delt with this coumpany other than the locks, but i would recomend looking into the company further if this is the kind of quality i recieve. The Wow Factor: I own it and love it. Overall: Well worth it. just not for the price.

"Works OK" submitted April 5, 2013

By Robert Stanfield in Dover, DE
Musical Background: Retired Pro, Semi Pro now - Bass player
Music Style: Whatever is called for
Overall: Like the others, I like these things. Easy to put on, work well & cheap. I like to leave my starps attached & I don't like strap lock systems whre metal ends rattle around in a case against the instrument. I would nt reccomend them for someone who wants to take the strap on & off a lot, I had one turn into 2 pieces, but it still works as the strap button holds them together. If you're going to leave your strap attached, they're perfect as they will never touch the instrument body in any type case.

"Good quality, Cheap, Easy to use, Straplocks!" submitted May 11, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Hobbyist (for now)
Music Style: Rock, Punk, Alternative
Ease of Use: Super easy to "install" (for lack of a better word), thats the main reason I got them. I didnt want to have to mess around with a bunch of screws and stuff and I found these and they work great. Ive shown my friends and they love them too. I was a little unassured with the plastic but it seems very durable. Quality: Seems like high quality plastic but I wouldnt reccomend doing any crazy moves. Value: Cheapest strap locks out there and the easiest to use. Overall: Its a great and easy product to use. I would reccomend them to anyone who doesnt want to mess with any installation.

Dunlop Strap Lock Customer Review submitted February 14, 2007

By Darin Loccarini
Music Style: RUSH!!!!!
Ease of Use: For my Les Paul, they work great, quick, cheap, and very effective, they aren't budging. However, as one user mentioned, they don't work with all combinations. They are too tight to get on my strat, but I think it's because the strap ends are thicker. Either way, for anyone that has multiple guitars, getting one set and seeing what they work with is worth a few bucks, especially with the les pauls, which we know pop straps a lot because of the pin angle. Quality: great design, plastic is as strong as it needs to be. Value: fair price for good protection, too bad all "types" of protection, well, you know... Overall: I'll be sure to get straps with thin leather on the ends so that I can put these on all future guitars and never worry about dropping one.

"These do NOT fit over my LTD BASS strap pins. Also, they're sold in PAIRS" submitted May 18, 2012

By Tom B
Musical Background: varied
Music Style: ecclectic
Overall: Good product. Clever design. Hole is too small to fit over my BASS pins. Appears to work on standard GUITAR strap pins, but only if the leather eyelet portion of your guitar strap is relative thin. If the leather portion is thick, you might have trouble squeezing this product in between the widest circumference (the lip) of the metal pin and the strap leather. I have a current- model LTD bass (B-205sm) and when I try to force the Strap Lok on, it pops the two snap-fit pieces apart because the Strap Lok hole is just not big enough. Dunlop should either redesign it to fit BOTH guitars and basses, or make TWO separate products AND LABEL/MARKET THEM CLEARLY.

"Amazing and cheap" submitted May 30, 2006

Musical Background: Every weekend gigger
Music Style: Classic rock and country
Feature: I went decades without strap locks on my bass until one time while tuning before a show my rare Fender MP4 dropped face first to the stage. Luckily no dammage, but I went out the next day for locks. I did not want to use the complicated ones my guitar player uses, and I did not want to modify the pins on my sweet bass. I found these for a few bucks and have been happy ever after. Ease of Use: So simple, a Caveman could use them. So cheap, even you can afford them. Quality: Nothing can break on them, and nothing can wear out. The design is so simple it's a shame people pay $35+ and modify their guitars for other strap locks. I have used these for about six month now. Value: For the price of a beer you can protect you guitar. Overall: Forget the expensive locks and get a couple of sets of these. Keep an extra set in your case.

"Good alternative to strap-locks." submitted December 6, 2007

By a customer from sbcglobal/net
Music Style: Indie/Alternative/Acoustic
Ease of Use: Put it on over your strap-button and strap. Twist inner piece. Done and done. Far easier than trying to replace the strap button with a strap-lock, where the screws rarely match up. Quality: It does what it's supposed to. Value: Cheap and easy, and works perfectly as long as you aren't spinning the guitar around your skull. Overall: Prevents your strap from falling off the strap button at a cheap price. Does everything you need it to do.

"BEST STRAP LOCKS EVER!!" submitted August 28, 2008

Music Style: Alt
Feature: As simple as possible. The way they should be. Ease of Use: The easiest strap lock there is. If you have problems using this product there is no hope for you. Quality: Very strong & durable. I THROW my Les Paul around my neck and these things will NOT let go. My bass player has some really expensive strap locks and he is always having problems. Value: Buy them. What do you have to lose?(ok you have about $4 to lose)Can't beat $4........unless they were $3...........or $2.......ok,ok. great price! Overall: Buy it.......Do it..........Do it...............................Do it.

"Buy these now!!" submitted March 11, 2005

Music Style: Classic Rock, Country
Overall: These little things are tremendous. For just a few bucks you can protect all of your guitars from hitting the ground. They work like a charm, they're easy to transfer from guitar to guitar and if you have a number of guitars they'll save you a ton of money. Best of all, if you're into vintage or expensive instruments, no modification at all. I just wish I'd been the one who thought of it. I'll never buy another strap lock system again.

Dunlop Strap Lock Customer Review submitted February 20, 2006

Musical Background: Bass Player
Music Style: Metal
Ease of Use: these locks are easy to put on but dont work with a lot of the stock strap locks that come on guitars. They work alright but tend to loosen up your straplocks because they are so tight. they are also very bulky. Quality: these are good ideas for guitars that dont get played alot but for guitars that get played daily i would reccomend that you buy the metal locks that connect to your strap for about 20 bucks.

"Junk." submitted March 6, 2014

By Bill B in Leesburg, VA
Overall
Musical Background: I play guitar and jam at home and out with friends but am not a gigging musician.
Music Style: Classic Rock to 70's metal
Overall: Don't waste your money. I purchased 3 sets of these thinking they would be a better option than Grolsh washers on guitars I did not want to modify with strap locks. Turns out they A: won't fit except the thinnest of straps and B) separate into two pieces at the slightest touch which would allow the to fall off the guitar in pieces.They only fit one of the 3 guitars I intended to use them on and since they broke in two with barely a touch, I have no (zero, nada, none) confidence in them. Grolsh washers, for all their faults, are a much better and cheaper option.I gave them 5 Stars on the Wow Factor as in "Wow, what a useless piece of junk".

Dunlop Strap Lock Customer Review submitted August 21, 2007

By a customer from rediffmail.com
Music Style: Blues, jazz, hard rock
Sound: It's the flimsiest crap I ever got - falls off even more than my strap does Feature: It's a nifty idea, but the quality is the pits Ease of Use: Pretty easy to get on and off, one has to admit. The only thing is that, when one closes it, it often jams halfway round my end-pins - I own a Standard Precision Bass. And then falls off Quality: It's bad, as I said previous point, it jams halfway round my end-pins - And then the swiveling part falls off. Even worse, the part pops off while I'm playing; not my strap. It's not something I thought would come from Dunlop, that's for sure! Manufacturer Support: I really wouldn't know. I live in India, and a pal brought them down for me. No way I'm going to waste even more money trying to contact Dunlop about them The Wow Factor: They're a nice talking point. Just make sure you don't let folks see it in action.

"Not Reliable" submitted March 3, 2013

By a customer from hotmail.com in Boston, MA
Overall
Overall: The center piece which swivels to lock around the strap button can pop off the Ergo Lok and fall on the floor, leaving that end of the strap unsecured. I have had this happen three times already. The center piece can be popped back on and the Ergo Lok used again, but I have already lost two of the center pieces--I have no idea where they went.I am throwing these things away. My guitar will hit the floor if I rely on these.Also, these locks don't work with all buttons or with all straps. There has to be enough room for this lock to fit.

"These are junk." submitted November 17, 2007

By a customer from embarqmail.com
Musical Background: Musician
Music Style: Rock, Punk, Metal
Ease of Use: Pain in the rear to get these on. Quality: Used these for 2 weeks and one broke making them useless. Value: Don't waste your money.

"don't spend the $4" submitted November 30, 2012

By Gary P in Lombard, IL
Overall
Musical Background: play at home and out, occasionally.
Music Style: rock, metal
Overall: This lock ended up stripping my neck side peg. Don't use it. Better off buying the locking straps.

Dunlop Strap Lock Customer Review submitted September 2, 2008

Overall
Ease of Use: In theory these are very easy to use. In reality with a nice thick leather strap, they don't fit. Quality: While attempting to twist one 'lok' around 180 degrees as per instructions, it broke in two pieces. Not even worth $1, let alone $4. Value: Save your $4 towards something made of metal

When you call, mention priority code 1760-QGQP. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976