When you call, mention priority code 173T-TNMF

For delivery by Dec. 24, order by 2 p.m. EST on Tuesday, Dec. 23 and select 1-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Dunlop Jazz III Picks

Take your technical playing to the next level with Dunlop's Nylon Jazz III picks. These picks are easy to grip and feature a sharp tip.

"For serious guitar players..." submitted September 19, 2008

By a customer from drmmp.com
Musical Background: Producer, Enginner, musician
Music Style: Progressive Rock, Instrumental Guitar Rock, Metal
Sound: Not the best choice for playing strumming acoustic guitar, but it has an unbelievable sound for electric guitar, It's all I've used for the past 15 years and I've tried just about every pick known to man. Thousands of professional guitar players using this pick can't be wrong! It's really easy to get pinch harmonics when playing. Because the tip is so sharp, less surface contact is made with the string for reduced "pick attack". That makes it ideal for fast lead playing with reduced noise (less "chug-chug" in the sound), especially when using distortion. Eric Johnson knows this to be true. This gives a very legato and almost "violin-like" sound when playing cross-string or 3-note per string passages. Works great for sweep picking. However, when used for rhythm playing, the very rigid and stiff feel of the pick lets you really dig into the string if needed for heavy palm-muting, power chords and rhythm guitar. Also great for metal or 7-string guitar styles. Feature: The only features really are the color (red or black) and that is your personal choice. These picks are smaller than most, except for the Jazz III XL which are larger. The black ones shave a better "grip" than the red because of the matte finish. The red finish is more "glossy" and may cause you to drop your pick on the ground more often. Ease of Use: Using a Jazz III pick for lead guitar playing takes a little getting used to if you've played for years using standard picks (Fender, etc). Most traditional picks are larger, are usually thinner, bend more and have a more rounded tip. However, once you get used to using a Jazz III, you may never want to play using anything else again. You'll be surprised at how much a pick can improve your tone, improve right hand control and be versatile at the same time. Quality: Extremely durable. Picks don't bend and wear out. The sharp tips take a long time to become dull. Dunlop is a great company which has been around for years. They endorse an impressive list of musicians. They don't make crap and that's why they've been around so long. Value: There are more expensive picks out there...most of these are radical and gimmicky. There are also cheaper picks that are nothing but crap. Tremendous bang for the buck!!! Manufacturer Support: Only dealt with Dunlop a few times and they've been great. Very friendly and accommodating. The Wow Factor: It's simple..It's does what it's supposed to. Come on! It's a friggin' guitar pick!! But, it really makes a HUGE difference in how you play and the quality of tone you can get from your axe. Overall: So many guitar heroes use this pick - Eric Johnson, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, John Petrucci, Shawn Lane (R.I.P). Many famous metal guitar players also use Jazz IIIs. These guys could play using any pick they want, unrestrictive of price. There's a good reason for this. Look, if you want the best pick for the money, look no further than a Jazz III (and no, I don't work for Dunlop!)

"pick the best pick" submitted April 29, 2008

By a customer from macrofuser.com
Music Style: rock/funk/disco/r&b/jazz/pop
Sound: This pick puts your fingers where they need to be: closer to the strings. I reluctantly tried one of these picks at the advice of a friend, and ten years later I'm still using it. I have a hard time with regular-sized picks now, they seem clumsy. This really is all it's cracked up to be! Feature: Quality: I have yet to see one of these broken or cracked. Value: I only wish I could still buy them in greater quantities than a six-bag. Manufacturer Support: Seeing as how I've never had a reason to contact the company... The Wow Factor: This pick is no-frills, all-business guitar-player at its best.

"Perfect as you can get." submitted July 13, 2008

By a customer from hotmail.co.uk
Musical Background: Musician
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Shred
Sound: This pick delivers clarity in every strike, suitable for fast rock/shred, this pick moves itself with your hand, kind of like picking with your nail, you're almost unaware that you have it in your hand, which adds to burning speed, no exaggeration. All this adds to clear, clean sound, no horrible noises, no bulk in your hand. Ease of Use: Very easy to use, very clean & smooth, for pinch (artificial) harmonics it's brilliant, theres no need to dig right in because your thumbs there already. The speed on this is excellent, if you run through some licks or scales, you'll find you just drift across the strings, sometimes picks will stop you're playing because of the size, but as I said this is like picking with your finger nail. Quality: Very good quality, the plastic seems very durable & can stand up to the fastest of playing without any problems like chipping etc... Value: Very cheap, I got mine for 40 pence each off the internet, which I guess is typical price. You could waste your time on cheap ten a penny things, but nothing compares to Dunlop, you can't compromise, these are the tools of your trade, don't settle for second rate. Buy these beauties. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had any customer service experiences with Dunlop, but I guess they'd be helpful, they aren't world leading in picks for nothing. The Wow Factor: Well, I've been using old Dunlop 1.14mm heavies up to now, but since having this, I won't go back. So it has definitely improved my playing & made my music sound better, hence helping me be a better musician. Overall: Unless, Jazz IIII comes out, then I guess there will be no other pick for me. I actually bought some of these when I heard Michael Angelo Batio used them, I read a few reviews & they said they were really small, I didn't think they were being that serious, damn these babies are small. Note if you have big hands & thicker fingers then go for the 'Jazz III: XL' these are the same, yet as big as standard Tortex 1.14mm, if you want stiff ones, go for the black version, these are stiff but yet have the same sharp tip.

"Best picks ever" submitted September 19, 2008

Overall
Sound: I play a lot of metal and hard rock, both rhythm and leads, and need a pick that is fast, durable, clean and easy to get a pinch harmonic with. I found this pick because of an article in a guitar magazine - it noted that many, many well known guitar hero's swear by this pick, so I picked them up. Amazing. I still can't tell you the difference between the red and black, but you can't go wrong with either. Feature: Small. Durable. Fast as hell. Accurate. Your fingers are just about right on the strings anyway, so a pinch harmonic is easy. Turn the pick about 45 degrees and let your finger touch the string on the way by - happens almost automatically. Ease of Use: Takes some getting used to when you are used to a normal sized pick - but then again, I'd say the reverse is also true. I have to bring my own picks when I go to a guitar store, cause normal ones now feel big and clunky. Quality: You can't hurt them. Go ahead, try. Value: Very inexpensive Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: Considering that the best in the industry swear by this pick, I think the coolness factor speaks for itself. Overall: Buy them, buy them now, don't hesitate - well, go ahead and throw your old picks out first :)

"you need to try this pick" submitted October 25, 2007

Overall
Ease of Use: it is a little difficult to get used to at first but it is the greatest pick of all time! Value: best value for a pick ever The Wow Factor: i used regular sized picks forever and then switched to this one and it makes my whole setup sound better i will never switch back Overall: I will never use another pick

Dunlop Jazz III Picks Customer Review submitted March 7, 2007

Overall: These picks are used by Matt Heafey, Joe Satch, and tons of shredders world wide. At first the are hard to use but buy some play with them for awhile instead of your standard picks and your speed will improve amazingly. I never thought a pick could make such a diffrence.

Dunlop Jazz III Picks Customer Review submitted December 6, 2007

Value: great pick. i'm just a beginner, so switching from thinner picks was easy for me, but no matter what level you're at, try the pick. Overall: Best pick i've ever played with. it'l literally make you better

"buy some of these!" submitted March 28, 2006

Musical Background: in a band
Music Style: metal/rock
Sound: Some may but realise it but picks do effect your sound, these are perfect for soloing and such...but may feel a bit awkward when you're playing heavy rhythm. Theyre also great for pinch harmonics. Quality: These picks probably last longer than any other, they dont seem to wear down as much as picks i've used in the past. Overall: This pick is great, i recommend you atleast try it for a while, you wont be dissapointed...although it may seem a little small at first you get used to it and realise it's better than everything else. =P

"Pick, Delicous, Precision." submitted April 30, 2008

By a customer from hotmail.co.uk
Musical Background: Budding Musician
Music Style: Jazz/Downtempo/Funk
Sound: As the name suggests - Jazz - I was intrugued. I was recommended to use this pick, but thought nothing of it. Once tried, I found that it instantly improved the quality of my sound, not only have I been using it since, but I now see half of my guitarist colleagues using it. Not only for Jazz sounds, but I'd feel confident using this to perform anything that needs a powerful, defined sound. Feature: It's size. It's precision is out of this world. After playing with it, I grew accustomed to it's solidity and small size. Other picks seem Clumsy and weak in comparison. Ease of Use: Terrific! I picked up one of these after first learning how to alternate pick, and (with attempted modesty) I feel that it's made my picking sound much better than those that use large clumsy picks. However, may vary depending on the player. Quality: Not once, ever, has one broken, bent or cracked. after 2 years, my oldest one (which i haven't lost) is still in perfect nick. Manufacturer Support: Never had reason to reach the company... Except maybe to send a letter of veneration, on their creation. Overall: Try it, and hopefully you'll love it as much as I.

When you call, mention priority code 173T-TNMF. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976