When you call, mention priority code 20V-MSNV

Rating and Reviews: Dunlop Tortex Picks

Get this pack of Dunlop Tortex picks and stop worrying about losing the one in your pocket. This 72-pack of Dunlop Tortex picks is available in many sizes.

"Quit reading these reviews and buy these picks!" submitted August 26, 2005

Musical Background: On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say 3 or 4
Music Style: Anything but country and rap
Sound: These are phenomenal picks. I play bass with the .88MM ones and I haven't worn a single one out yet! I have 72 of them (I counted to make sure)! They'll last me a while. Feature: It's a pick. What special features do you expect it to have? Nice grip though, they absorb the sweat to a certain degree so you don't drop them when your hands are wet. Quality: Nice picks. Lots of them. Cheap. What more could you want? Value: These picks are MAD underpriced. They work nicely and are great. STOP READING THIS AND JUST GO BUY THEM ALREADY! Manufacturer Support: Why would I need support on a pick?! The Wow Factor: I would not be happy if my picks suddenly disappeared. However, that would have contradicted a fundamental law of physics (things don't just disappear), so if I could find out how that happened, I could patent a device that made things disappear, sell it to the government, and get filthy rich off it but I would still need to buy more picks. :( Overall: Nice picks. Will last me years. Buy them. $14 may seem a lot to spend on picks, but they'll last you years. If you like good things that are cheap, last for flippin' ever, and worth more money than they are for sale for, buy this. Even if you don't, BUY THIS!

"Tortex Picks Rock My World" submitted January 10, 2006

Music Style: Alternative, Rock, Jazz
Sound: Thegive off a very crisp sound unlike nylon picks. Feature: Well it's a pick....ummm...i guess its pretty grippy. They don't wear fast at all. Quality: Never broken on bent one. They wear really slow. I have never gotten a defect or anything. Value: Around $3 for a 12 pack. You can't go wrong! Manufacturer Support: Never dealt with them...they are just picks. The Wow Factor: Well they have a turtle on them and I guess some people might have a turtle fetish or something. Overall: Cheap, strong, lots of gauges, cool logo and colors, consistent, what not to like!

"Greatest pick ever made." submitted February 4, 2004

Music Style: e.g. Rock/Grunge
Sound: MAkes the guitar sound of the guitar great. You cant hear the pick being used in the amp tones. Feature: You can pick of several sizes for all types of guitarist/bassist can insist on using these great picks. Quality: Very well made and the finishing touch is outstanding Value: Great picks by the low prices for how durable they are. Manufacturer Support: I only use these picks by the confort they have Overall: Greatest pick ever made.

"They give me my "signature" sound; very dynamic and thick-sounding." submitted August 26, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: 30 years guitar in front of over 100,000 people.
Music Style: Rock, blues, metal, jazz. Nothing beyond that, I guess.
Sound: Everyone has their own style of course, and my style has been practically built on Dunlop Tortex picks. I like them all except the really thin ones, and have been using them in various situations since 1991. My primary pick for Rock, Blues, Metal, Jazz is the purple 1.14mm, though I frequently use the blue 1.0mm when I string up with heavier gauge strings. For acoustic work I tend to go for the green and yellow ones. The thing I like most about these particular picks is that they have an almost squared-off edge, especially the heavier gauges. This produces a bright, clear pick attack, and brightens the wound strings while thickening the non-wound strings. The end result is a more even, balanced tone. By design these picks just sound nice and thick. For me they only last a short while, (maybe a couple hours of playing), then I throw them out because they lose that squared edge that I like so much. I used to have a small fishbowl full of every type of pick imaginable, and was never able to settle on one until I began using these Tortexes. Like I said earlier, my main pick is the 1.14mm purple version. I've gone through thousands of them over the years and use no other brand. They provide me with very dynamic and precise control over my playing and tone. If I didn't have these, I wouldn't sound the same with any other. Feature: N/A Ease of Use: N/A Quality: Couldn't imagine the quality being better. One thing I'd like to see is I wish they were consistently flat. Quite often I get batches that are curved as if they were cookie-cut while they were still hot or something. A slight curve doesn't bother me, but if they have to have a curve, I'd rather it was curved AWAY from the printed side. This, of course, is being anal on my part, but worth mentioning. If there's too much curve I just bend them back straight, no big deal. Value: N/A Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: N/A Overall: Again, everyone has their own preference based on their playing style. For me, these picks are more a part of my "signature" tone and style than pickups or amps. As long as I have a Tortex, I always sound like me through any guitar and amp.

When you call, mention priority code 20V-MSNV. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976