When you call, mention priority code 1ZN-KS7M

Rating and Reviews: Dean Markley Pro Mag

Voiced and calibrated to ensure equal volume across each string, Dean Markley's Pro Mag Plus Pickup is ideal for players seeking balanced tone.

"Great product, proven name, great gig backup tool." submitted August 22, 2011

By a customer from ymail.com
Music Style: Alt Folk
Sound: Great product. Had a 30+ year old guitar, not a great one. Had a pickup but it was back when there was no volume control and without a preamp it was silent. Didnt want to invest in installing a high end pickup. This did the trick. This model doesnt have a lot of push and needs to be cranked up on the amp or PA. But for the price it's AWESOME. And Incredibly easy to use. For the first time in 30 years this guitar has a voice again and it was a DEAL. I didnt get the noise some others complain about. The only his I get is because I need to bump the db's on the PA or amp. Feature: Nice, solid, looks good. the old style with the 1/4inch input is a little issue. But for the price it's great. the newer style actually uses an input rather than output so that's a terrific improvement. Ease of Use: If it was any easier it would be criminal. Quality: great quality, finish and fit. Value: great value for a quick fix. Manufacturer Support: havent had to reach out. so no comment. The Wow Factor: It's a quickly recognizable item. Which is great. There is no doubt what you are looking at when you see it in an acoustic guitar. It is an absolute item to add to the bag of tricks for a gig with acoustic instruments. Overall: I had another guitar destroyed at a gig (not my fault) so I may pull the bridge pickup out of that and move it. BUT this just means I will hold on to the DM for use in other non amplified guitars in my collection.

"Best single coil pickup on the planet." submitted September 8, 2006

By a customer from bellsouth.net
Musical Background: Player and Recording Engineer
Music Style: All of the above
Sound: I've have had a Fender F35 for 27 years. A nice piece..not great, but nice. I've always miced it when performing or recording...never owned a pick up..till now! Brothers and sisters, this lovely little pick up has REBORN my Fender! Feature: This is a very durable device, and it's design is beautiful. It looks great installed in my Fender. One thing...the cord can rub against the high E string. I just tacked it to the pickguard with a small adhesive stip.. ..but it would be nice to have it included. Ease of Use: Like I said, my Fender was REBORN after installing this unit. Installation took me 30 seconds. You can position (angle) this pickup however you choose, it sounds best on my Fender directly horizontal - towards the rear of the soundhole. Although, I can get some pretty groovy tonality when I angle it! For some players, this is a huge plus. Quality: Compared to...OK, I won't name names...some other far more pricey units, shall we say, I belive you could drop-kick this unit from Philly to Frisco, and it would sound perfect. Well, maybe Philly to Trenton...at least.. Value: VALUE! When you combine quality, great sound, and super price.. This unit defines value. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had any need to seek support, but I have no doubt it is as good as the unit. The Wow Factor: One of the questions I'm asked in this section is: "How would you rate the "sex appeal" of this product?" Well jeeze...that's a tough one..[Mindy!not NOW] Sorry. It's very sexy. Overall: Just buy this unit, already. For under 40 bucks...are you kiddin'me?
14 of 15 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Dean Markley Accoustic Guitar Pick UP" submitted October 24, 2012

By a v in st. louis, MO
Musical Background: home
Music Style: all
Overall: Happy with the product, however, it came broken and zZounds does not exchange or refund, had to send it to Dean Markley distributor took two weeks to get back. I thought I was getting a good price when ordered from zZounds it was $15 cheaper, but by the time I had to ship it to Dean Markley and wait it was not cheaper by far.

"dean Markley Pro Mag" submitted October 28, 2012

By matt e in Elyria, OH
Musical Background: 30 years on and off,Jam at home
Music Style: all from blues to rock to country
Overall: simply i just love it,great sound,can move it to change tone .

"Dean Markley Pro Mag Plus Pickup" submitted October 22, 2012

By Fred M
Musical Background: Drummming for 30 years
Music Style: Rock/Blues
Overall: Very please with this pickup.

"not worth the money for the headache!" submitted December 10, 2006

By a customer from excite.fom
Music Style: country, classic rock
Sound: it works but you have to turn the gain up so much that it has a lot of white noise. and is loose in guitar hole and makes loud banging noise when it moves. Feature: flops around in guitar hole, nothing to keep it still. Ease of Use: too much trouble. Quality: pretty indistructable Value: way over priced for what it does and ease of use. would give anything to get my money back. Manufacturer Support: could not return to pos and the company did not give me any viable answers. The Wow Factor: looks good and is sturdy, well constructed Overall: already bought a better one.

"Don't waste your time with this, do it right the first time." submitted September 22, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: Professional musician.
Music Style: Fingerstyle, jazz, blues, funk, world.
Sound: Ok, sound is good, this pickup actually retains a lot of that natural guitar sound and seems to be fairly feedback resistant, but none of that matters because there is so much noise coming from this thing that it is unusable. Maybe if you are in a rock band with the drums overpowering the buzz, but other than that, forget it. I tried it on several amp, all the same. It seems to have a noise canceling circuit because when it's plugged in, no noise, but as soon as I start playing, there is that buzz. Terrible. Unusable. I will buy a better pickup now, maybe an lr baggs which I have on another of my guitars. Feature: Features? Well, it's easy on, easy off, so good for many guitars or an open mic sitch. Having a cable that is 12' long always plugged into my guitar is a major pain in the ass on multiple levels and completely unprofessional. Oh yeah, it moves around in the soundhole also, hard to keep in one place for "fine tuning". Ease of Use: I could not get a usable sound from this product. Tone was good, too much noise. Manual was clear. Very easy installation an fortunately easy uninstillation. Quality: This thing can't be built that well if it's buzzing form day one. I would never take it to a serious gig because it looks silly to have a plug coming out of your soundhole. Value: Not worth a dime..... Manufacturer Support: I bought it at a local music store, they are cool and it was easy to return, way easier than returning something online. The Wow Factor: Looks ok enough, except for the cord coming out of the soundhole.

Dean Markley Pro Mag Customer Review submitted April 5, 2006

Overall
Sound: Sorry guys, but this is the noisiest thing I've ever used. I'm currently using it with a Martin D-12 and our soundman is tearing his hair out trying to cut down the hizz and buzz coming from this thing. Save your money and buy something better. Value: You get what you pay for, i.e., not much. Manufacturer Support: N/A

Dean Markley Pro Mag Customer Review submitted June 5, 2005

Overall
Sound: I hate to write bad reviews but I've had two already, returned one, the other is bad too Quality: When I plug into my amp, I get a constant high static sound, and its definitely the pickup!! when i move the pickup in certain directions the sound softens but is always there!! I am not happy with the product and being the second one I have tried i do not recommend it.

Dean Markley Pro Mag Customer Review submitted December 4, 2004

Overall
Sound: It's not the purest sound possible from an acoustic guitar, because it picks up the sound from the sound hole, not the strings. In spite of that, the sound is pretty clear if amplified well. Feature: I like the single coil pickups, and it's very durable. Quality: The Pro-Mag is good at what it does. It amplifies the sounds of an acoustic guitar for all to hear. It's not the most beautiful object, nor the best sounding of all acoustic amplifier, but it gets the job done. And, as I said, it is durable.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZN-KS7M. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976