When you call, mention priority code 20N-5YXS

Rating and Reviews: Dean Markley SR2000 Lee

Prep your 6-string bass for the stage or studio. Dean Markley and Will Lee (bassist of David Letterman's Late Show) bring you these versatile bass strings.

"a ReFined sound..." submitted October 14, 2009

Musical Background: Active musician, studio work, live gigs
Music Style: Jazz, Fusion, Gospel, Middle Eastern, R&B, Contemporary Christian, Rock
Sound: These strings are Amazing! I cover alot of styles in my playing, so it's important that the strings has good feel, tension, and tone. I get a bright clear tone with more midrange, deep, boomy bottom-end, super slap tones, and rich harmonics. Feature: I don't find any useless features in these strings! This unique guaging is perfect for me because for a long time I wanted a guage that was in-between 40-95s, and 45-95s. The taper winding makes the sound much more alive and gives you much clearer sustain. Ease of Use: Very easy. I set my amps to what I need, and make all the changes from the bass itself. I even found that these strings sound great on my fretless bass. Jaco did use round wound strings, which alot of people don't know. So if you really want a more "Jaco" sound out of your fretless, use these. THese might be even better than the rough Rotosounds that Jaco used. Quality: Quality is superb. I have never gotten a defective set of these. For the tones I generally use the most, I need the strings to sound like they are brand new. These keep hat sound the longest, which is about three months for me. Value: Definiteley. I would recomend these for any level of bass players out there. A lot of musicians don't realize how much strings affect how you play and sound, regardless of the instrument. Manufacturer Support: I have never had to contact Dean Markley for bad quality control. The Wow Factor: I personally don't think that a string or an instrument for that matter has "sex appeal". I mean this is an instrument, not a bikini, but I don't think that a bikini has any sex appeal either. I do think these strings are desireable for a ReFined sound. Overall: Definately for a long,long time. Maybe someday I will contact Dean Markley to tell them the make a stainless-steel version of these!

"Best strings I've found." submitted December 14, 2009

Music Style: Classic and hard rock, blues, country, bluegrass
Sound: Everyone says their strings are different. Well, these are. Bright and clangy, and long lasting. They feel great as well. My hands are dry and clean and these strings last and last. I've used sets for over a year. Feature: Taper cores are nice. Ease of Use: These are bright and clangy, with a great bottom. I started with Rotosound Swing bass, and over the years have tried nearly all strings out there. Quality: I get sets with clear and bright low B strings, but I have gotten some with a duller low B. I always carry spare strings...usually old ones that have been cleaned. I've never had a string break in the years I've used these strings. Value: They are pretty reasonably priced. Manufacturer Support: Never dealt with them. The Wow Factor: The tone is IT. First time I play a note, I remember why I play bass. Overall: I play a Line 6 Variax 5 string these days. The SR2000's are not as consistent from string to string as the D'Addario's that the bass was programmed for. I'm trying a set of D'Addario stainless round wounds. Very different than the SR2000's. We'll see. I'm sure I will be back to the SR2000's very soon.

When you call, mention priority code 20N-5YXS. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976