When you call, mention priority code 161B-P235

Rating and Reviews: Dean Markley Blue Steel

Briefly frozen with liquid nitrogen, these strings offer incredibly superior tone and a longer life. It also helps keep the strings in tune.

Overall

"Best string out there. SUPERB, but not priced like it!" submitted February 25, 2008

Musical Background: Active Hobbyist, Aspiring Recorder
Music Style: Country, Rock...
Sound: A lot makes up the sound of an electric of course, but the strings are the start of it all & these strings belong on your guitar, simply put. Feature: Packaged in pairs, according to order you should install them. They're not singly packaged in individual envelopes per string, so there's less clutter on re-string day. Comes with a nice little sticker, the Blue Steel logo as on the front of the box. A nice touch I guess, but how many musicians really need stickers? *chuckle* Ease of Use: Super slick, easy to play, very easy tuning. Hold tune well. They bend very well (especially the lights), and hold tune well after using lots of bends. Quality: Second to none in my personal opinion. I also have a soft spot for Martin SP's though... Value: At $5.00 or so (with a little research on the net) it's a great value on a top notch string. Worth much more. Manufacturer Support: Not really relevant. The Wow Factor: No sex appeal in a string, really, but they are the only electric strings I will buy. Overall: Last an easy 2x as long as the rest, maybe 3x. Best Value I've found, and I've been playing and buying strings for about 18 years. I will use only these on my elecs as long as I have access to them. A personal preference of course, but I am convinced you will agree.

Dean Markley Blue Steel Customer Review submitted December 15, 2003

By a customer from wi.rr.com
Music Style: Anything that's not country
Sound: It's true, just a few days ago I was wondering what was wrong with my guitar.. I got these strings and now... wow -- noticable difference. They sound great, everything they say is true. Value: Definately worth the price and more -- the best investment for better sound. Overall: I'm in a material science class right now, and we're learning about quenching steels to solidify them. If you cool them really quickly, they have much better mechanical properties, including better tensile strength and hardness, because they form a crystal structure called "martensite". Quenching with liquid nitrogen would accelerate this process. University of Wisconsin Madison's material science department gives these strings their approval :) .

"Glad I found the Blue Steel strings" submitted November 6, 2011

Music Style: Blues, Classic rock
Sound: Ever Since I first saw the Blue Steel strings in a local music shop for my acoustic I switched to only use the Blue steels for all my guitars. The sound is crisp and sounds great plugged in or unplugged. Feature: They last forever seems like they are smooth too. They strings are just comfortable. Ease of Use: As far as strings go you don't need to change them often and also I haven't broken many of these strings. Quality: Great Quality best sound long life couldn't ask for anything better. Value: Value for the strings is exceptional I would expect to pay more and these strings and the price has never gone up as far as I can recall. Overall: I am happy to find these strings here been searching since the local shop near me closed down. I went to one shop today because i need to change out a set and the guy behind the counter never heard of them.

Dean Markley Blue Steel Customer Review submitted November 12, 2003

Overall
Sound: Great Strings. Sound Crisp but not harsh, and have a bit of edge to them. Quality: Got them 3 1/2 weeks ago, but they sound just like the day after i got them. Value: cosidering before i got these, i was going through a pack of regular slinky's every 2 weeks, and they sound like doo after the first 3 days. And these sound good as new and ive had them for almost 4 weeks, yeah I'd say its a deal. Saved me 2 dollars over the slinkys in the past month. Overall: great strings, go get some. Made my cheap Peavey Raptor plus sound $100 more expensive.

"Simply the best strings I've ever tried." submitted January 18, 2008

Overall
Sound: I play Heavy Metal for something like 14 years and I have tried almost every single string brand in the market by now and what Dean Markley did to these strings is amazing... Crystal clear highs, heavy lows and that chop sound on palm muttings you have aways desired. I was used to Boomers due to the choppy sound when they were new, but these Blue Steel strings are simply a killer in every aspect, and keep the astonishing good sounding way longer than any string I played before. It is worth every penny. Feature: Very good packing and easy to use. And I got some stickers with some of the sets I bought. Some of the sets I bought came with a spare "E" and a spare "B", but not all of them. Ease of Use: As easy as setting a string can be. Individual packages keep it easy to use. Quality: SImply amazing. Lasts 3 times more than any strings I ever used and are almost unbreakeable. I once installed them on an old crappy Yamaha I had by the time and left them to rot. Took it 3 months to loose the perfect sounding (I wasn't using the guitar) and I sold the guitar with them after almost a year. Usually lasts about 1 to 2 months of playing to loose the "new" sounding. And the best strings I got usually lasted a week or 2 before they started to sound muddy. Value: Simply the best bang for the bucks you spend on it. Nuff said. Or you could go for 2 packs of Ernies or Boomers, if you're totally mental... Manufacturer Support: Never dealt with them. Can't really say. The Wow Factor: Astonishing sounds anytime. Need to say more? Overall: These are simply amazing. They rock harder than any strings I have tried. I would go for these anywhere, any day. Way to go, Markley. Keep it up.

"Great set of strings!" submitted October 26, 2010

By a customer from ec.rr.com
Musical Background: 40+ years in and out of bands
Music Style: Country - Southern Gospel
Sound: I've been playing electric guitar since 1963, and I've used about every brand on the market - until about 5 years ago, I discovered Blue Steel Custom Lites! I haven't tried any other strings since. These strings are great! They are relatively cheap, and they last forever, but best of all they start out sounding good and end up sounding good! Wouldn't use anything else.

"Blue Steel Review" submitted January 30, 2009

Music Style: Metal
Sound: The sound isn't out of the box the best tone ever. The thing is though, I've used over half a dozen different types of strings and I'll only use these ones because the tone lasts for months. That's the difference. No other string has tone that lasts for over a month if you're playing several hours a day. Feature: It comes with a sticker. What more do you want? Quality: This is the thing - the quality is simply the best string out there. Like I said, the tone from these strings last longer than any other string. After a week of playing with other strings (I'm assuming you're either a professional or trying to be a professional musician), your strings will start losing their tone. Not these ones. The tone lasts for over a month of heavy use. Value: I simply do not understand why these are so cheap. Don't tell Dean Markley that though. I don't want them raising their prices because I buy new strings every month. Overall: I use nothing but these strings now. In the past, I've used GHS Boomers, Ernie Ball's Slinkys, D'Addario's and a slew of other strings and swear by these.

"Blue Steel from a Death Metal perspective" submitted February 4, 2005

Musical Background: Active musician/studiophile
Music Style: Various - Soft to Hard
Sound: The best that I've ever used. I use them for multiple applications. Most prominently for Death Metal. They have a nice clean sound and the quality seems to hold for longer than other strings I used. Quality: They will hardly ever break. Like I said before, I play Death Metal which can be really hard on strings. I've had a set of regulars last over two years on my BC Rich. Yeah, I know I shouldn't let the go so long, but I was too poor for a while to afford it. A guy's gotta eat! Value: I'm really bummed because my local music store only carries the electric ones. I really like them on my acoustic guitar. They seem to sound "clean" and new for longer than any other strings I've used. Overall: The best I've found. Not just for the price, but for overall quality. At that price, you should buy a set just to try them out.

"Blue Steel Blues......." submitted November 23, 2006

By a customer from Yahoo.com
Musical Background: Semi-Professional
Music Style: Blues / Metal / Psycadelia (think B.B. King Meets Metallica Meets Jimi Hendrix!)
Sound: these strings are the GREATEST! I've been playing guitar for about 10 years now, and I started out with GHS Boomers, which to me had a cheap feel, then I switched to Ernie Ball Slinkys, which broke too easily for my tastes, I tried Fender Bullets for a while and although they seemed to "work" I still felt like something was missing. I picked up a set of these (.009 - .042) and BAM! It's like all of a suddent being in a dark room and someone comes in with a 3000 Candlepower torchlight and shines it directly in your eyes! My highs sparlked, my mids had body, my lows BOOMED out of my amp! I don't know much about what they did to these strings, but I know that I'm NEVER switching! Feature: I got a cool sticker inside the package to go along with the strings! Quality: There were no snags on the strings, they each come in their individual pouches labeled clearly. Overall the packaging clearly helps you along if you should forget which string you're changing next. Value: If you have money, and you want it to get you something that is greater than or equal to what you pruchase, then THESE are the strings you need! Forget about superstar endorsements, nevermind what the guitar-player-flavor-of-the-month person plays, trust me get yourself a set of these in whatever guage tickles your fancy! Manufacturer Support: I've never had to use them so I guess I'll give 'em a ten? The Wow Factor: Don;t know much about appeal,I DO know that once you hear the sound, you'll NEVER want anything else! Overall: As long as they keep makin' these, I'll keep buying 'em! And in case you didn't know it, I've amassed a bit of a collection now,: * Squier Stret * Fender Standard Strat (Left Handed) * Squier Affinity Tele * Epiphone Les Paul * Epiphone Dot Archtop And every last one of these babies has a set of Dean Markley Blue Steel on 'em!

"the best and most awesomest of strings" submitted August 1, 2010

Musical Background: 9 years active/hobbyist
Music Style: all
Sound: These strings are amazing. They give you the most "Distinguished" tone out of any other sting onthe market. It dos giveyou a bit more high end, but it is beautifuly voiced and works well with any style i play and i play it all. but even compared to elixer, d'dario, and ernie ball, these strings sound the best. Also, they sound great on acoustics to! A little bright, but good. Feature: They are strings. what else is there to say? (i'll give it a ten casue they are so awesome!) Ease of Use: Again, They are strings. what else is there to say? (i'll still give it a tengive it a ten casue they are so awesome!) Quality: The quality is out of this world. I can feel this difference in these strings and in their vibrations. They are very well designed and they play cleanly and evenly. i'l never play any other strings again. Value: For 4 andchange you cannot beat the sound, dexterity, and longevity of these strings. They are bay far the best strings i have ever played and the low price i astounding. i think they could get twice as much idf not more for them. Manufacturer Support: As for the Dean Markely support, i haven't had a reason to use it in the last five years of playing on these puppies (been playing for nine. But, currently, i'm at an APO address where shipping normally take between 2 weeks and a month, thye got here in less than a week both of the times i ordered them. Way to go ZZounds!!!! The Wow Factor: they're a shinky nickle color, what else can i say on the Sexiness of a string. they make the guitar sound sexy as hell though! Overall: They are unequalled and unrivaled in any way and you would be a fool not to at least try them out. go buy a set today and give them a whirl!

"Best Strings Ever--Seriously" submitted August 24, 2009

Overall
Music Style: idk-- rock, whatever you call ozzy, altern.
Sound: These strings are completely versatile. They even make my crappy Behringer sound amazing!! Feature: A box. 6 strings. What more do you need? Ease of Use: As with most strings, dont mess around with the strings too much while youre putting them on, they get impossible to straighten after a while. i can imagine them being harder to put on my new string-thru neck jackson, but these dean markelys are worth it Quality: im shocked that these strings are only 5 bucks.. sound is worth 20 times more. dont let the price fool you!! Value: worth every penny-- i will always replace the strings when i need to with these Manufacturer Support: just strings; not that hard to figure out The Wow Factor: lol they arnt actually blue, for any drunk viewers. if sex appeal in string sounds had a name, it would be dean markely blue steel i absolutely love these strings. I will always buy these: theyre cheaqp, they sound great, and they sound(great) I WANT IT!!!!! Overall: they bend well and they hold their tuning. I only bought these bc of their price, but what i got was a whole lot more. im glad i stumbled upon these strings; i will gladly buy boxes and boxes of them

"You're going to love the Markley Blue strings!" submitted November 12, 2007

Overall
Music Style: Rock, blues, learning, etc.
Sound: I was sceptical about this product since it's rated 10 out of 10 by only a handful of people but after taking a risk and trying these on my Fender American Fat Strat I fell in love with them! These strings definitely make my guitar brighter with great low end and sustain. These are also easy to bend and produce a great blues tone. I'm sold. Feature: I've used mostly D'Addario and Fender strings and I also like them but there is a difference in the sound they produce. The strings are individually wrapped making it easy to figure out the size of each. If you can afford the Markley's you won't be disappointed. Ease of Use: They are easy to play and feel great even during deep string bends. I moved from light D'Addario strings to Markley Blue regulars and I'm happy I did. The high "e" string doesn't slide off the side of my fretboard like the LT's did. Quality: They are smooth and consistant. As for durability, I don't know how long they'll last but I'm going to find out. Value: These might not be the cheapest strings but they definitely make a very sweet sound on my Fender strat. I'm after quality, not quantity and these are great strings. Manufacturer Support: Never used them and hopefully never will. The Wow Factor: I tried my first single set of Markley Blues on Sunday just to see if I might like them. A handful of people rated these as 10 out of 10 so I figured I'd try a set and see how it goes. On Monday I added another 10 out of 10 rating and I just ordered 3 more sets of the same strings. I'd say this validates, "I WANT IT." Overall: I'll be keeping the D'Addario's as spares and installing more Markley Blues.

When you call, mention priority code 161B-P235. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976