When you call, mention priority code 16GZ-KCM6

Rating and Reviews: Dean VMNTX Dave Mustaine

Bearing the name of legendary frontman Dave Mustaine, this guitar delivers scorching tone with its dual humbuckers, fast neck, and rosewood fretboard.

"GET THIS AWESOME GUITAR" submitted July 8, 2009

Music Style: metal, hard rock
Sound: great pickup sound and tone. people will try to tell you that these pups suck. well after playing it they play great and don't let any idiot tell you othewise. Feature: not that many features. it's just a plug in and play. only thing is the two volume controls for each pick up and the cool design Ease of Use: this guitar has the best feel outof any guitar i've played. easily accessible frets and nice action. Quality: out of the box it's in perfect shape Value: best v for the money Manufacturer Support: dean's people are very nice and willing to help. this thing comes with a 5 year warranty already to boot.

"Cheap guitar that can be made awesome with a new set of pickups." submitted March 9, 2010

Overall
Music Style: mostly classic thrash ie older pantera and others
Sound: I got this guitar about 2 weeks ago the stock dean pickups were all right I put seymour duncan hot rodded pups in it and it flat rocks now Feature: Has all the standard features of any guitar I like the placement of the knobs they are out of the way and very solidly built Ease of Use: Was very playable out of the box the setup was good have not had to do any set up on it plays very fast Quality: When I got it, it had a severe buzz there was a bare wire on the jack a little electrical tape and it was all good, the finish is awesom I have the united abominations graphics and every on comments on how cool it looks Value: vere good value for the price. Manufacturer Support: Can not rate have not had to deal with them. The Wow Factor: very cool guitar I like the v shapes and also it is a dave mustaine signature guitar, it fits very well and plays well and I was looking for a cool looking guitar for thrashing. Not too expensive so If i break it It wont break me. Overall: I will keep this guitar for a while I have replaced the pickups so now it has the sound that I was looking for If it were stolen I would buy the top end dave mustaine signature series.

"Cheap guitar, Expensive sound" submitted October 20, 2014

By Kristian Dover in Deltona, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 3 years, anything with a string I play.
Music Style: Jazz, Metal, Rock, Blues, Funk
Overall: I picked up the Dean VMNTX Dave Mustaine United Abominations guitar about a month ago, and from the moment I opened up the box and pulled it out, I knew it was going to be killer. Smooth finish, great sounding pick-ups for a guitar of its price range, and the feeling of being a rockstar are some of the great things about it. The intonation was a little bit off, but that's easily fixed with a screw driver. Definitely worth the money.

"This Guitar Is Not A Total Loss...If You Don't Mind Spending A Little Money & Elbow Grease!" submitted May 21, 2012

By Roger D in Van Buren, AR
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing since I was 8 years old. I sing and play guitar, bass, upright bass, ukelele, drums, keyboards & trumpet
Music Style: Rock, Hard Rock, Alternative, Country & Alt Country
Overall: First off, let me say that I've used Dean Guitars in the past and have never had a bad experience...until now. Thanks goodness I bought the Dean "End Game" VMNT before I bought this one. I might not have bought another one. As I was pulling it out of the box, I noticed "Made In China" stamped on the back and I knew I was in for some trouble. Upon close inspection, the following were noted: 1. The volume and tone pots were all loose and the pickup selector switch was put in sideways. 2. The washer holding the pickup select switch was broken. 3. None of any of the screws were tightened on the guitar, from the machine heads to the neck plate to the jack plate. 4. The holes for the string ferrules for the guitar were drilled too big for the string ferrules, which are counter sunk and have dried guitar polish nearly covering the ferrules. 5. The neck is maple, which I don't have a problem with, but they used a scarf joint where the neck joins the headstock. In general, I don't have a problem with a scarf joint, but when they are used, the neck is usually painted, not left natural. The scarf joint is very noticable, because the pieces of maple are no where NEAR the same shade and colour. That being said, after taking care of all of the above, the guitar was finally up to Dean standards. I plugged it in and was just blown away at how good the pickups sound for being passive. The volumes and tone pots are very smooth and have a nice swell to them. The pickup selector switch works as it should, after finding another nut to replace the broken one. The finish on the body is gorgeous. If I were a 13 year old boy, I would think this is the greatest guitar since sliced bread, but I'm 53, so I know quality and craftsmanship when I see it. I wasn't expecting much when I bought this guitar, but I thought it would be up to my "End Game's" standards. I understand that at this point in time the non-American made Deans are being made in Indonesia, which to me is great. My "End Game" guitar was made in Indonesia and right out of the box it was practically in tune. Every screw and nut were tightened. The string ferrules, control cavity, and battery cavity on the back of the guitar are nothing short of perfect. The Chinese "United Abomination" and the "End Game" are worlds apart in craftsmanship. I hope that Dean is keeping their non USA guitars being made in Indonesia. If the "United Abomination" is going to continue to be manufactured in China, I would only recommend that only the most RABID of Dave Mustaine fans purchase this guitar.

"Good Deal entry/moderate level" submitted January 24, 2012

By Max Spector in Seattle, WA
Overall
Musical Background: 40+ years bass player, guitarist, drummer - always in at least one band
Music Style: 80's - 90's Current rock (big hair, dance, wave)
Sound: I bought this axe to be a back up to my 57 style Strat which is running Seymour Duncan Hot Rails. The pickups are really the weak point of this guitar - also the wiring is cheap and the pots not very responsive. Single tone and two volumes gives you some variances of sound but with average quality of the pickups makes that only a marginaly noticeable difference. Feature: The long scale 24 fret neck is a fresh extension over the Strat neck and in reality this neck plays much like a Strat neck in feel, more so than a Les Paul feel. The three position switch allows for tonal variations with each having their own volume and a single roll off tone pot for the overall sound. Mini grovers are nice and tight and it holds tuneage well. Ease of Use: Great sounds can be achieved through your POD but there are certainly warmth issues with these pickups that lack balls. Using Dean Markley .009 set and while stellar on my Strat - not so much on this thing. The neck comes slightly relaxed though just barely so. Minor adjustment to get it setup right. Neck plays like butter though - clearly the fun part of this guitar. Rosewood finish isn't perfect so it comes looking seasoned...haha. It's a V - get strap locks right away! Quality: Neck and body seemed to be pretty good for the price. The electrical components are clearly where the savings are made. Any pro player will want to replace with EMG, P90 or in my case the Seymour Duncan set. Body is nicely finished and the machines are nice and tight Grover style. Neck is a raceway! Value: I'd say that the value is in how much you have to spend for replacement pickups. If you need to spend $250 more on the pickups then step up a model. For people that just want a cool looking guitar with a fast neck and not particular to sounds across the spectrum or just buying a fun back up to your regular guitar this is a good deal. Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: The Wow factor here is speedy neck and cool looking body. V is fun to play with the access to all of the frets easy and this thing while bigger than my Strat - is noticeably lighter! Overall: Nice looking guitar with a very fast neck that comes with marginal pickups if you want any tones besides trying to ape Dave...

"Best v on the market." submitted June 6, 2011

Musical Background: hoppyist
Music Style: metal
Sound: This guitar has great tone possibility's you can back off on the volume or tone knob to get a cleaner tone. Feature: Has separate volume control for each pickup. Ease of Use: This guitar is great for rock & metal. Quality: The abomination graphics are cool. Value: Best v guitar on the market for this price. The Wow Factor: Its Great that the input jack has been put on the inside out of the way and not in front like a gibson flying v. Overall: I'm thinking of buying another one different color and use it for my low tunings.

"Shredding axe on a low budget" submitted July 31, 2011

Musical Background: Active Musician intermediate
Music Style: Rock , Alternative, Metal
Sound: After you take it to a shop and have it tweeked and new strings the guitar comes to life. Stock, the frets need work and the neck needs adjusted. It comes with crappy strings so go to 10s Feature: The guitar did not come with anything Ease of Use: After the tweeking sound comes natural. To modify the sound change the strings first off. What manual? The neck feels good and is very quick. Quality: Product seems sturdy, the guitar had a few bumps and scrapes when I got it so it seemed to been around a little. I think this will last for a long time. Value: The price is good for what you get. Plan on putting at least 100.00$ into it. Manufacturer Support: Never had to use it yet The Wow Factor: The guitar looks evil and that's what I was looking for. Overall: I can't say how long I will be satisfied with it but, Dean has a good product for your buck. I can't say there is any others to compare it to,If I had to replace it I may go with the gibson flying v but then we are talking bigger money. If you want to shred with a V for almost nothing then this is your axe.

"Cheap guitar needs work right out of the box. Dean dropped the ball on this one. Mustaine would not put his name on it." submitted August 14, 2011

Music Style: Rock Alternative Metal
Sound: The guitar would not stay in tune, the bridge was not adjusted right. I took it to my Luthier and he had many choice words to say about the guitar. I will be calling Dean USA to get the really story. Feature: The guitar was not built with quality. Very lacking Ease of Use: Spend about 150.00 to get it back into shape. Frets need leveled the neck needed to be extended and more. It was in the shop for over a week Quality: No way. Instead of 4 mounting holes this had 12 and sticks shoved in the hole to plug the holes. Value: You get what you pay for. Plan on spending more to get it right Manufacturer Support: Have not called yet but I will be calling soon. The Wow Factor: Looks do not count on this guitar unless you are just going to hang it on a wall display. Overall: I just got the guitar back for the shop. It now sounds like a guitar and plays well. If it was stolen I would not replace it with another Dean.

When you call, mention priority code 16GZ-KCM6. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976