When you call, mention priority code 1562-MGYK

Rating and Reviews: Dean VMNT Dave Mustaine

The Dean VMNT is a representation of Dave Mustaine's sound and attitude. With the Dean VMNT's great sound, you'll write your own symphony of destruction.

"Excellent Buy For Your Buck!" submitted July 25, 2009

Music Style: Rock/ Metal
Sound: Overall, this guitar was made to rock. The tone you get from both the bridge and neck pickups is amazing! I changed out the strings as I always do on new guitars and let me tell you what, I was inspired to play like Dave himself would. Feature: I liked the fact that it came with a case. It's a pretty solid case and I'm sure it will hold up with the abuse I plan on giving it. I also liked the straplocks it came with. Ease of Use: When I received my guitar I plugged in to my amp and the first thing I noticed was how natural my hand felt on the neck. That and how light the guitar was. I jammed for a couple of hours and felt like I could go on all night. Quality: Everything about this guitar is reliable. The tuners are solid, as are the volume and tone knobs. I had to set the action a little lower to my liking, but other than that, it's a well built guitar. Value: I would definitely recommend buying this guitar to anybody. It is worth the price. The Wow Factor: I came, I saw, I bought it! I picked out the silver one just because that color strikes me as being fast. Overall: I most definitely will be playing this guitar for the next several years.

"A GREAT axe." submitted January 8, 2010

Music Style: Metal
Sound: Sounds very nice. I am accustomed to Japanese-made Ibanez guitars and EMG pickups (81, 85, and 707). The LiveWire pickups that come in this guitar are perhaps a little bit less hot than an EMG, but with a more "open" sound - i.e. less 'scooped' and more 'flat'. The tone is a bit more bass heavy than I am used to, which I am chalking up to the mahogany body. Lead tones sound very, very nice; warm and thick. This is my first non-Floyd Rose bridged guitar. It is quite loud when played unplugged, and the sustain is much, much better. Overall, I am quite happy with the sound. Feature: I can't complain. This guitar comes with everything you need to play metal. It even came with a shiny new set of strings installed. The knob layout is unique, and a very smart design in my opinion. The volume knobs are 'backwards' by design - the front knob controls the bridge pickup, the rear knob controls the neck. I think this is a great feature - you can do swells on the bridge or cut the volume during a quiet passage easily, and the neck pickup knob stays out of your way. Also, the tone knob is way at the back where it should be (who uses that thing anyways?). Ease of Use: The neck has a unique shape, but it is very comfortable. I was instantly comfortable with it. The profile is a bit thicker near the edge of the neck than an Ibanez Wizard neck, but the overall thickness is roughly the same. The only learning curve I had to climb was getting used to not having double-dot inlays on the fretboard at the 12th fret. Also, I am finding that this guitar is even more comfortable to play seated than a super-Strat shape. I put the notch of the V on my left leg, and I hook the point of the V around my right ankle. This locks the guitar into position so I don't have to hold up the neck with my left hand. Quality: I have always avoided Korean guitars in the past, but noting the advancements that companies such as Samsung and LG have made in quality as of late, I bought this on a whim. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. This guitar is maybe ever-so-slightly more rough around the edges than a Japanese Ibanez, but not enough to make an appreciable difference. The metallic silver paint job looks much better in person than on the internet. The hardware is top-notch, and the case this thing came in appears that it could survive a nuclear blast. Value: I do not believe this guitar is worth anywhere near the MSRP that Dean has come up with (but it is still a very nice guitar). Search for a better deal. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: Just look at it. You know you want it. Overall: I anticipate that this guitar will serve me for a long time. The only thing this guitar will need in the future are new sets of strings.

"Excellent Instrument" submitted April 6, 2014

By Rob J in For Riley, KS
Overall
Musical Background: 10 years exp. playing shows in a local band.
Music Style: Hard Rock and Metal
Overall: This guitar came out of the box with a near perfect setup. The pickups sound great for blues, metal and rock......whatever you can throw at it! I have been playing for about ten years, and this is the best overall guitar I have ever purchased. The tuners are stable, the neck is fast and the pickups rock. Very solid feel. Do not be afraid to purchase one today!

Dean VMNT Dave Mustaine Customer Review submitted April 13, 2009

Music Style: All Metal, Neonclassical, Jazz Fusion, classic rock
Sound: Well... the sound is just incredible, anything and everything you would expect from a metal god's signature guitar. Really dynamic heavy metal sound, pickups very good. Definitely sounds like Megadeth's sound when used with Marshall amps. Feature: Comes with a free hard case which is great even though it is huge. ; Straplocks very useful ; Pickups great ; really badass look, I have the black one and get compliments from everyone from my friends grandma to friends and musicians. Fret inlays are awesome. Ease of Use: Extremely playable guitar for a V, took a little while to get used to the strange but awesome and fast neck, sitting down with it is easy. Quality: Came perfect, just needed to raise the action because I like it high. Seems very tough and can resist the damage my stupid clumsy arms cause it. Value: WAYYYYYYYYY worth the price, similar guitars such as the Jackson KV2 which Mustaine used prior to these are double the price. Manufacturer Support: No idea but since I have limited life warranty Ill give an 8. The Wow Factor: This thing is sexy. I have the black, it is a beastly guitar, extremely awesome looking guitar. When I pick it up it feels like an extension of my body. -- All I can say is if this guitar was a girl: Id be having alot of fun. Overall: This guitar is incredible and everything I asked for... I expect to Use this beast well into my career. I figure my next guitar will be a 6000 dollar custom or another one of these in a different color. Its pretty perfect as it is and I can't put this thing down.

When you call, mention priority code 1562-MGYK. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976