When you call, mention priority code 16J8-TCNV

Rating and Reviews: Dean Edge 10A PJ Bass

Get started rocking in style with this eye-catching and affordable beginner bass. Its Dean PJ Active EQ pickups deliver flexible tonal options.

"Buy one now!!!" submitted November 10, 2011

Musical Background: I have been playing bass for about 3 years
Music Style: rock, metal, blues
Sound: I love the sound of this bass. By adjusting the tone and pick-ups you can go from crunchy & punch deep bass sounds to a very clean tone with sort of a "Rickenbacker" sound. I have found the sound to be very flexible and easily adjustable. Feature: The skullcrusher graphic is just beautiful. I have received many compliments on this bass by appearance alone. Ease of Use: Very easy to play. The low action and thin neck design make playing this bass very easy and enjoyable. The neck is not quite as thin as say an Ibanez Soundgear, but I would put it right up there with the Fender Jazz as far as having a thin, fast neck. I went from an ESP to this bass and the neck is visibly thinner and something you can feel when you wrap your hands around the neck. For someone like me with smaller hands this makes all the difference in the world in an instrument. Quality: The ONLY reason this did not get a 10 is when I got the bass in the volume & tone knobs were very loose. I took the bass to a local music shop and had them tightened for about $10 and now it plays perfectly. Other than this minor flaw I would rate this bass a 10 in quality all day long! Value: Wow...value is amazing. I was not expecting an inexpensive bass to sound so good! I would play this onstage (and will in the next couple of weeks) beside any more expensive bass on the market. I have played basses that cost 2-3 times what this little gem costs and couldn't tell you the any difference besides the price! Manufacturer Support: No question here. I ordered from ZZounds and had the bass in about 3-4 days after placing my order. After finding the loose knobs listed above and taking the bass to the music store to have the knobs tightened, I contacted Zzounds to explain the problem and they have credited the $10 back to my account. I have only good things to say here as this is how customer service should be!! The Wow Factor: Gotta love the graphic. I also love the Catacombs but thought the Skullcrusher just "stood out" a little bit more. Overall: I expect to play this thing until it flat out gives out! And with the lifetime warranty from Dean that could be quite a long time!!

"Awesome Bass for the price." submitted January 14, 2011

Music Style: Modern Christian- play on church praise team., also some blues
Sound: I play finger style, and the sound was really clean - I can get a clavinet sound from it which is what I like. The amp I use is a Behringer BX1800 180w combo amp. Feature: Really like the feel of the neck and the low action - I feel it's easier to play than my Squire Affinity J-Bass. The active P-J pick up arrangement enables a greater tonal range than the J-Bass. Ease of Use: Sounded great with my amp from the start. Quality: all fits appear to be tight and the build appears to be robust. Value: Price is comparable to the J-Bass, but I feel the 10 PJ was the better value. The Wow Factor: Has a hot, modern look to it. Feels well balanced. Overall: I'm quite happy with this bass and will probably wear it out before replacing it.

"Good bass for a bass player on a budget." submitted January 9, 2011

Musical Background: Working Musician
Sound: You can get a lot of different tones out of this bass... the pickup/knob setup is a little finicky. You should be reay happy if you have plenty of power in your amp (300 watt +). If not you'll probably be turning other pickups up and sacrificing the tone you like/want fir volume. Feature: Pickup volume and tone aside.... bass is pretty simple and straight forward. Ease of Use: It's a relatively inexpensive bass. If you play alot/hard you might have to tune 2-3 times a practice. Tuners aren't awful but it's not one of those bass's you'll say 'always stays in tune. Quality: I think it's perfect based on the price ... I don't think you'll find a better bass for the price really. It's been reliable so far.... not perfect but reliable. I would expect more from a $500 instrument but this was under $300 Value: Good value for the price. The Wow Factor: I got the white... my band jokes and says it reminds them of Motley Crue.... ;). do what you want with that... Overall: If I keep playin bass at shows I'll upgrade eventually. If not it gets me through for now and is perfect for home recording.

"VERY SATISFIED" submitted February 17, 2014

By Shawn K in Shirleysburg, PA
Musical Background: Played for 5 years. In a local favorite cover band
Music Style: Rock, Heavy Rock
Overall: I learned to play and have been playing a ESP AX 104 for about 5 years. I was ready for a NEW Bass and got this one. I am VERY pleased with this Bass. It is easier to play, sounds nicer, and a lot smaller then my ESP Ax. I HIGHLY recommend this bass!!

When you call, mention priority code 16J8-TCNV. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976