When you call, mention priority code 1562-7G0J

Rating and Reviews: Dean Boca 12-String

Achieve that immortal classic rock sound with this 12-string electric guitar. It features a semi-hollow body with an arched top and dual humbucker pickups.

"Great guitar.Great price." submitted August 25, 2011

By a customer from yahoo.com.au
Overall
Musical Background: Active musician.
Music Style: Blues.Rock.Folk.....
Sound: The guitar LOOKS PLAYS AND SOUNDS Great with a CAPITAL G.It gets that electric 12 string sound.I imagine it also depends on what amp it is going in.Sounds great in my Fender,Vox,And Marshall.I read some reviews that said its not good for Metal ? Who would buy a 12 string for that anyway ? Feature: No accessories other than the allen key for neck adjustment that comes with every new guitar. Ease of Use: Very playable .Some have said its a bit wide and that you need big hands.It is fine for me.I have another 12 string and its not wide enough so I would guess it depends on what your looking for. Quality: The guitar is made well the color ( sunburst is beautiful ) Stays in tune as some have said its neck heavy but with a light guitar body you have to expect that and this guitar is light and easy on the back. Value: At the price for a really nice electric hollowbody 12 string guitar how can anyone complain ? Manufacturer Support: Gave them a 10 because I did not have to deal with them.No problems with the guitar so............ The Wow Factor: Dumb question.lol Overall: I hope to have it for the rest of my life.

"Solid Sweet Sounding 12 string" submitted February 2, 2011

By a customer from optonline.ner
Music Style: Many
Sound: Sounds fairly good. Tuners are O.K. Needed a better nut. A good choice if your on a tight budget. It's made to be pluged in to an amp. Use your tone controls and effects to shape the sound to your liking and you'll be suprised how nice it sounds. Feature: Minimum features. Ordinary components. Nothing special or inferior. Coil spliting would be nice. Ease of Use: I'm using 10-46 guage strings. Take the time to do a good set up and it will play well. I changed PUPS to TV Jones single coil. Yes it is unbalanced. You get used to it. Neck is wide so if you have very small hands, this may be a problem. Quality: After 2 years no problems. Most impressed with fit & finished. Wood work is excellent too. Value: For the price it can't be beat. Good solid platform to customize to your liking or just leave it stock and enjoy. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: I wanted an electric 12 for many years. It's technically simple which is a good thing but still aesthetically very pleasing. It fills a sound void and does it with sex appeal. Overall: I gave it an 8 overall because it does the job I need it to do and it's well made for a fair price. There is room for improvement but at this price point I'm very impressed still after 3 years. My bass player loves the sound of it. I would buy another one if it was lost or stolen.

"Nicely setup right out of the box - nice action, sounds great." submitted September 4, 2012

By Stephen Blair in San Bernardino, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Have been playing guitar for 37 years. I play 6 and 12 string electric and acoustic.
Music Style: Classic 70's and 80's rock.
Overall: I couldn't believe how well this guitar was setup from the factory. Nice low action but without fret buzz. Paint job and grain of wood is very nice looking.

"good value, needs work, have big hands or forget about it" submitted March 31, 2009

Musical Background: semi-pro
Music Style: pop rock country punk jazz folk metal unplugged
Sound: pretty much what an electric 12 should sound like Feature: does the job Ease of Use: for the nut width, the string spacing is way too narrow, a lot of overhang from the end strings to the edge of the fretboard. bought a nut with wider string spacing to put on. i do like the width of the nut though as i have big hands and need a wide spacing. of course it's "unbalanced", it's a semi-hollow 12 string, dude Quality: overall good Value: great bang for buck but you better have big hands Manufacturer Support: NA Overall: needs some work, as i expect for a $350 guitar
16 of 17 people (94.12%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Love the guitar, love the service," submitted December 20, 2011

By a customer from cox.net
Overall
Musical Background: 50+ years mainly guitar.
Music Style: Christian, original, a lot of alternate tunings
Sound: I just received mine today. Tuned it up this morning and it's still in tune tonight, so I don't understand the negative report I heard on you tube. Feature: I'm not a luthier and am not, so far into modifying my instruments other than to occasionally chang tuning keys etc. if needed. But this guitar seems solid, It seems to hold a tune right out of the box. The volume/tone/switch is like my PRS which has great tone. So I don't see the problem some say they have with this arrangement. Ease of Use: It's easier to play than my 12 string acoustic (Alvarez). As far as a wide fretboard, I used to attend Carlos Montoya performances in San Diego, CA many years ago and I was always amazed by his speed and precision considering that he did not have large hands (I do however which is why I noticed). Classical guitars have wide fretboards and it's great if your technique is proper (I have had to relearn that). Quality: A 300 dollar guitar! It's great. Again I've only had it for one day but I'm having a great time playing old gospel and some new songs of my own on this instrument. Can't wait to play it in public. A pretty guitar (Amber), the two slight cosmetic flaws I see (inside the F holes) are insignificant and you'd have to be on top of it, as I am, to even see them. Certainly doesn't affect the aesthetic factor or the playability in the least. My old hummingbird isn't have as pretty but has a great sound so who cares. Value: Let me say again $300 ! At the moment it sounds and plays like it's worth a heck of a lot more than that. I have a friend who has a house full of verrry expensive guitars that he collects from around the world, which is nice if you have the cash. But I get a kick out of making good music that makes people happy to listen on great instruments that don't cost a fortune but do the job. Ok I do have a few old valuable guitars that I did not obtain for the money they're worth today (a Gibson, a RI Guild and a National Resonator), so make a note of that because I fully expect this 300 twelve string electric is going to increase in value over the years, remember I told you so. Manufacturer Support: Hasn't been necessary but right at this moment I'm impressed with their product. Besides when I need something done we have an excellent luthier to whom I have taken all my guitars for decades...frankly I haven't ever felt it necessary to deal directly with any manufacturers. The Wow Factor: I have it. Overall: I believe I would replace it. Just an additional note: This is my first order from ZZounds, it was shipped yesterday and arrived this morning - free shipping! Also, I contacted ZZounds about a competitors offer and they not only matched it but topped it and the financing arrangement is fantastic and convenient. I won't go into it, but the competitor shot themselves in the foot as far as I'm concerned even though I have had a long standing account with them. I wish I'd tried ZZounds before, but now that I have I know I'm going to go to them first. Thanks guys.

"1 Sweet Axe!" submitted December 7, 2011

By a customer from ft3.ca
Musical Background: 42 years guitar playing
Music Style: folk, rock, jazz, new age, country
Sound: I was looking for the 60's beatles, searchers, byrds 12 string electric sound and i got it in spades and at a bargain price - the boca 12 sounds great in all pickup configurations and inspires better playing I found it very compatible with one of my musical sytles. Feature: contrary to comments on the u-tube video reviewing the boca 12, the neck is extremely stable - it stays tuned and allows for a nice low action. The semi-acoustic design probably allows the very close similarity to the rickenbacker 12 I personally prefer one tone and one volume control - it makes my job easier Ease of Use: As I play a Martin 12 string with a neck with identical to the boca 12 if found no special difficulty playing the boca. A narrower neck would make finger style playing very difficult if not impossible For anyone not accustomed to a 12 string there may well be a learning curve. The head stock is heavy and it isn't balanced - anyone wanting to stand and play might find some difficulty. As i only work in the studio and usually sitting - no problem for me Quality: I have 20 guitars, which include Fenders, Gibsons, and Gretsch - the quality of construction of the boca 12 is in no way inferior to some of the best axes I own - and it stays in tune! Value: this is very sweet axe at a very sweet price - at twice the selling price it would still be a bargain Manufacturer Support: no experience and none anticipated The Wow Factor: the look and the sound are totally intoxicating the last time i had it out in the studio i had planned to play 1/2 an hour - I wound up doing an hour and a half, learned "Mr. Tamborine man" and wrote an new original tune - a very inspiring guitar for me Overall: If the boca 12 were lost or stolen i would seek an identical replacement.

"Dean Bocca 12 String Electric Guitar" submitted March 10, 2014

By Winston R in Barton City, MI
Overall
Musical Background: Have been playing Guitar for over 40 years as a hobby. I jam at home and with a buddy.
Music Style: Rock and Country.
Overall: Nice Guitar for the money. Order was on time and as described. Have wanted a 12 String Electric Guitar for some time now. This particular Guitar plays good and has very a nice sound.

"Worth the price I paid." submitted February 26, 2011

By a customer from imperiallegionsofrome.com
Music Style: Stoner rock
Sound: I have to be honest, all of the reviews I read were correct, this guitar is actually pretty sweet considering the price range, the humbuckers make this a nice distorted sounding 12 string which is kinda rare for 12vers, opening up new heavy music possibilities. Feature: If there was an axctual 12 piece saddle for fine tuning, a slightly sturdier neck and a bone nut, those would bring this guitar up into a formidable opponent for the upper eshelon of 12's Ease of Use: plays and sounds pretty darn good right out of the box. Quality: Ya know, you get what you pay for, but that said, for the price of this guitar, Dean did a fantastic job. Value: Well worth it if you want a 12 string electric and can't afford 1000 dollars for a Stratocaster XII or 2000 for a Rickenbacker. Manufacturer Support: I tried to contact Dean about building a custom Boca for me because I like the neck size so much etc. I never got a response, which kinda sucks because money isn't the issue for me as much as finding a 12 string that FEELS right and the Boca does to me, I just want the higher grade materials and electronics like the big boys and I'd be happy...no reply...sigh. The Wow Factor: Looks good enough, I got the black one, kinda looks a little too BATMAN for me, wish I'd gone with the burst, but still, looks pretty decent for the money. Overall: Happy with what I got vs. what I paid, small upgrades and this will become my stage 12 string...thats saying alot.

"Way to go guys, you hit it out of the park with this one!!" submitted March 18, 2011

By a customer from netzero.com
Musical Background: Professional Musician
Music Style: Classic Rock/Country
Sound: I must say I'm extremely pleased with the Dean 'Boca' Elelctric 12 string. The only effect I use with it at all is a little chorus now and then, otherwise it has a unique sound that definately fills the bill for me. The balanced humbucking pickups are just right for this semi-hollow body(I'm quick to change these if not), and as far as the tuner keys Grover says it all. Feature: All the electronics are quiet yet very responsive without being too 'in your face'. Ease of Use: Whether you have been familiar with 12 strings or are just starting, this 12 string definately has a superior rich sound just as it is out of the box. Mine needed no set up adjustments, and plays very easy. Quality: The overall quality is probably the first thing I noticed. I owned a Dean bass about three years ago and found Deans quality had really come around, but this guitar definitely rates 4 to 5 star. Way to go guys, you hit it out of the park with this one!! Value: In short I feel this instrument could easily sell for two to three times it's msrp. Manufacturer Support: I haven't needed any support thus far. The Wow Factor: There is nothing anywhere close to this guitar in sound, looks, style, class for it's price. I looked a long time at all electric 12 string options both at the music stores and online, new and used (E-bay), double and single neck, solid to semi-hollow bodies. Overall: This one's in my arsenal to stay. If it ever got lost or stolen I would get the exact same instrument, same color, everything. The closest instument to this I found was the Rickennbaucker 12 string semi-hollow body. I guess what I like most about it is it's sound, completely by it's self, with no effects. Absolutely excellent. The only thing I would change (and I'm not sure it's practicle) is the fact that it is neck heavy like a Gibson SG.

"HAVE FUN----if you choose" submitted September 30, 2008

Musical Background: Active Player, and Luthier
Music Style: Metal, Alternative, and Anything heavy
Sound: The Zebra pickups are not as good clear sounding that i had hoped but they do the job to an extent... Feature: I wish it could have more work on the wood cause its not balenced at ALL! Ease of Use: ITS ACKWARD... the neck is wicked heavy. and the body is light.. you should only use this if you REALLY need it... cause its not good with distortions or any other effects... Quality: Its a dean... (what more do i need to say?) Value: if you want this buy it... but i didnt like it ans i play metal so... ya Manufacturer Support: If you ever work with dean they love customers and fans. I sold this to a local guitar store... cause i dont like 12 strings... The Wow Factor: Its cool looking and feeling but its not the greatest guitar around. Overall: only if you been playing 12 strings for a long time or feel comfortable playing them then get this... but if you play anything with a little more crunchy dont get it... its good for clean and bluezy licks...
16 of 65 people (24.62%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Dean Boca" submitted January 31, 2012

By Rob W in Edisto Island, SC
Overall
Musical Background: Hobbyist Musician. Lead Guitarist. Professional Luthier. Over 30 years.
Music Style: I have to know all for my business. I prefer 60's Rock and Acid Rock.
Sound: It's fun to play and looks awsome. But, I wouldn't go on stage with it or record with it in the studio. Zzounds, just look at your own pictures! It is obvious to a fault that the bridge/saddles are TOO SMALL. You can see that the strings are spaced wrong between the stop bar and bridge. Replace the bridge with one that fits. I would also recommend replacing the pickups with rails at the least. Feature: It is neck heavy. Lighten the neck (The maple could withstand some thinning). Or, use all maple body. The chambering could resolve this by using a heavier wood inside. Ease of Use: Again, the pickups are not strong enough. The neck is as wide as it hould be for an experienced 12 string player. But again, the neck should be thinner. I have a 68 Greco and a 70' Coronado. The size of the body makes the difference in balance wich the Boca does not have. Quality: Dean quality has taken a nose dive. My F350C came with a neck that was offset by nearly a quarter of an inch! And BASSWOOD? C'mon man. My cherryburst Boca came with the top overhanging at the neck. I close my eyes and do a "Feel test" on all the guitars I buy as soon as I open them. I thought great, my top shifted in transit. NOPE. When I got to the bottom, there was no deviation. Upon further examination, it just didn't fit. It had an overhang that got buy everyone that touched the guitar during assembly. Extra coats of clear and heavier pickups and bridge solved the "balance" problem and effected it's longevity I'm sure. Value: The selling price is typical with other brands that use cheap Chinese guitars. Just go online and look at some of the Chinese manufacturers. I am NOT saying that ALL Chinese guitars are bad. To the contrary, they have some decent ones. You just have to be carefull which one you pick. Manufacturer Support: I have emailed them twice with no response. When I called, I spoke with a receptionist whom stated there was nobody available at the time to help me and would I like to leave a message? I said no. Nevermind. Mistake. She then (with good intentions I'm sure), tried to answer my questions. I've been a luthier for over 30 years. It was obvious she had no clue what she was talking about. The Wow Factor: It is an awsome looking guitar. No doubt. The low price gives it away. I knew this and bought it anyway, knowing I would have to make SOME adjustments. The bridge for instance. ALL of the pictures, no matter where you look, show the bridge problem. Overall: I am disappointed with Dean on this one. In essence, they put 12 strings on a 6 string guitar.

When you call, mention priority code 1562-7G0J. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976