When you call, mention priority code 1ZT-B5DR

Rating and Reviews: DiMarzio DP102 X2N Pickup

If you need high output overdrive, this is the perfect pickup. It works with both standard and F-spaced bridges.

Overall

"The X2N. When you absolutely positively got to burn it down!!!!" submitted March 8, 2011

Music Style: Metal, Blues
Sound: I purchased this pickup to replace the Dimarzio Tone-Zone that was in a Ibanez rg 1570. I was looking for something to push my Mesa boogie 5:25 express over the edge and tighten up the sound, and that's exactly what it did. I was impressed with the output, but what impressed me the most was how clear sounding, balanced, and quiet it was. I would definitley recommend this pickup to someone looking to get the most out of thier rig without resorting to a distortion pedal. Feature: Features? it's a pickup for goodness sake. Ease of Use: Instruction's were fairly thorough but there is a bit more info at Dimarzio's website regarding installation. My only concern was when installed at the pickups lowest height it was positioned precariously close to the strings, not too close but just enough room. Quality: Product seems to be made well with quality plastic, metal parts, and wax potting. Value: Definitley worth the price compared to other pickups. Manufacturer Support: Don't know; never had to call. The Wow Factor: The pickup has a very cool ashtetic look to it. With it's twin beam black polepieces it throws off a menacing look. Overall: This is the pickup I have been looking for. I honestly wish I would have tried this pickup twenty years ago. I might not have sold half the guitars I did!!!

"X2N" submitted November 5, 2012

By Ron C in Winder, GA
Musical Background: Playing gtr for 28 years - semi-pro
Music Style: Rock, metal , punk , grunge
Overall: I got this cuz I found out Vivian Campbell used it for solos on Holy Diver. Also Fast Eddie Clarke has one in his strat. Really sounds like my amp is gonna explode. I play punk, early metal, rock, garage stuff w Armazilla. My sound has evolved to use less gain and more speaker distortion and this pickup really responds well to volume knob changes. I get amazing clean tones at 5 and over the top face melting riffage at 10.

"the ultimate weapon of mass overdrive!!!!" submitted September 29, 2005

Music Style: death metal, blackmetal
Sound: the sound of this pick-up is great. it has good harmonox and thrashes with overdrive. sounds better than other high output pick-ups, but becarful on the wiring, becuase you might get two much feedback which gets annoying after a while. i play death metal and this pick-up is what i needed. but i get to much feedback. high output amp is required. Value: i have not seen one person with this pick-up. i am like the only person in my area who has one!!! worth the price!! Manufacturer Support: the support was amazing. really good professional service. The Wow Factor: this pick-up looks mean!!!!! it has the perfect look for the shredding sound it can produce!!! poeple trip out when they see my guitar and look at the pick-ups and wonder? Overall: overall good but to much feed-back. i think i did a mistake on the wiring job!!

"If You Like the Old Megadeth Tone" submitted October 8, 2006

By a customer from att.net
Musical Background: Active Musician, Amature sound engineer
Music Style: Speed Metal Black Metal Death Metal some Blues Fingerpicking
Sound: For me it is perfect but not for many i play older thrash, black and death metal primarily I own one of the origonals on the bottom it says X2N Power Plus so it's old and not wax potted so it can feed back easily Feature: the coils black color has worn away and the white bobbins are nicotine stained but it still works Ease of Use: if you like a thin sound its easy to get it to work with a bit of luck a drunken monkey with a soldering iron could wire it right Quality: it was made between 1979-1982 I checked so it has worked for many years before i got it and i assume it will continue to work for many years Value: the price here is a bit higher than you can find but that happends Manufacturer Support: Very good I asked questions and they were answered very promptly The Wow Factor: it's a pickup and a practical one if you want a high output middier and more trebel prominent tone Overall: i will replace my aged one with a new wax potted one and then supplement with a good neck pickup but over all i would change nothing about it

"I am satisfied." submitted November 21, 2011

Overall
Sound: This pickup is loud, powerful and does what it was made to do. Rock!

DiMarzio DP102 X2N Pickup Customer Review submitted September 12, 2006

Sound: perfect! its just what i need for playing heavy metal! although im saying this it does have a poor clean sound so if you play softer music stay away from this!

DiMarzio DP102 X2N Pickup Customer Review submitted March 9, 2004

Overall
Sound: The sound is thick, like a super distortion with more mid-range bite and less bass. I needed a pickup without pole pieces before f-spaced pickups were around. I got mine in 1979, yea playin' rock for a long time. I'm still using this thing in a washburn explorer a5 and it's still screaming! I have a coil tap switch for coil 1/both coils/coil 2. Feature: The twin blades are nice for bending, there's no dropouts. 4 counductor wiring for coil taps or series/parallel.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZT-B5DR. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976