When you call, mention priority code 156R-CF14

Rating and Reviews: DiMarzio DP100 Pickup

Get the tone that turned many 70s and 80s guitarists into legends. This humbucker pickup delivers a thick tone with a tight bottom end.

"beautiful tone from clean to brutal crunch" submitted July 16, 2008

Overall
Sound: These pickups have a defining mid-range bump. It focuses the tone a bit and provides clarity through distortion. Even through high gain stuff. The thing about it though that makes me put this pick up in every guitar I end up owning, is that it still sounds brilliant clean! Other pickups I have tried, like duncan distortion, is not so nice clean and actually too peaky midrangy for me. Feature: mine have four conductor. supposedly this pickup sounds good as a single coil too. never tried Ease of Use: lovely Quality: my fave Value: I have to have one in every guitar, so I guess I will pay for it!

"DiMarzio DP100 super distortion fills the bill perfectly!" submitted April 11, 2012

By Rick H in Pembroke, MA
Overall
Musical Background: I am just a cellar player. Been doing it for a long, long time. Sometimes jam with others.
Music Style: Alternative, Indie, Psychedelic, electric blues, progressive rock, rock.
Overall: I have this custom made "Frankenjag" that I wanted to replace the chrome looking hardware with gold (there were other reasons as well: I didn't like the bridge that the guitar came with so I went with a Schaller, hard tail, roller bridge in gold). I had replaced the original pickups with a Lollar P-90 at the neck and a Fender Dragster pickup I had from replacing the pickups on my Fender made HH players special Jaguar with Dimarzios in both the neck and bridge position (chrome topped to match the rest of the hardware on that Jag). But, I didn't really like the punch of the Dragster on this guitar. So, a friend recommended I check out the DP100. After some research I decided to buy it. After installing it, I couldn't be happier with my decision. It is the perfect pickup in the bridge position for this guitar. The punch is there in spades now! And the two pickups together sound awesome.

"DP100... the ONLY pickup... and I mean it!!" submitted April 6, 2010

Music Style: classic rock/r&b/blues
Sound: My first gig paid $9.00 a head back in 1966. Since then I've tried many different types of pickups and axes. About 8 years ago --about a year after all my 11 guitars were stolen (I was doing 40mg Prozac/day)my sister bought me a 335 clone made by Ibanez. It was a new AS73 and it went for some $299. After playing around with the action for a while, my guitar tech told me he had just snatched a Dimarzio DP100 off an old guitar of his. Out of his heart he replaced my guitar bridge pup for free and life began again for me. Today I own 2 American Teles, a 1991 Blonde Gibson Les Paul Standard, and a Gibson faded Les Paul. Nedless to say, none of them provide the warmth and nasal-vowely sound I get from the Ibanez. This guitar is the one I use when recording, auditioning, or doing any serious work. I play classic rock and I know I hold my own as far as guitar playing it goes. I will not compromise sound anymore. My next step... getting a DP100 for my faded LP. Anything less would be cheating myself out of the great sound I know I can have!! Feature: NO COMMENTS Ease of Use: NO COMMENTS Quality: Shoot!!! I got this pup for free... I'm getting the best sound I could probably get..... What else?? Value: The best musical ROI in the world. Manufacturer Support: I haven't, but I have to give them a 10 regardless what!!! The Wow Factor: The creme color makes it look really vintage. Overall: The pickup is staying where it is and I am getting art least one more pretty soon.

"Thick and chunky, just the way I like it......chunk chunk chunk...." submitted June 28, 2004

Overall
Music Style: hard rock, metal, progressive metal...................
Sound: Thick and chunky!!!! I love to rattle the walls and shake the windiws. Feature: With an on/on/on 3-way switch you can have 2-coil parrallel,single coil and 2-coil series. Or an on/off/on switch you get coil-1,2-coil series and coil-2. Quality: Had mine for years without a problem. Overall: I see a lot of people complaining about it being too muddy. It's not the pickup, it's the volume control. The more you turn it down the muddier it'll get. Put in a 1 meg volume pot or stick a .001 capacitor between the input and the output tabs of your volume control. You can find them at any radio shack. Then it will stay bright and sharp as you turn the volume down. see www.guitarelectronics.com or TURN DOWN THE BASS ON YOUR AMP!!!!!

"best pickup ever" submitted September 2, 2006

Music Style: grunge rock hardcore
Sound: the sound is amazing and will do it for just about any kind of rock music...especially grunge, punk, hardcore,and all kinds like it Overall: it will last forever and will own any crappy garbage seymour duncan piece of junk

"Almost, but not quite right for me!" submitted June 22, 2003

Music Style: Rock, BLues, Metal,
Sound: I find this pickup to be too buzzy personally and too muddy.. It's almost ok, but it seems like I'm missing something with it.. I'm playing it thru a Ibanez PGM30 guitar .. Basswood body guitar made in japan, with the trem blocked.. It has enough drive and sustain, etc, but it just seems to lack something..

When you call, mention priority code 156R-CF14. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976