When you call, mention priority code 161J-C5DV

Rating and Reviews: DiMarzio Fred Pickup

Recreate the 60s tube amp sound with this humbucker pickup, which delivers more gain, mid EQ, and overtones than the PAF Pro.

Overall

"how to pick a pickup???" submitted October 7, 2012

By Mister Keef in Baltimore, MD
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing for about 35 years, primarily guitar, both at home and out.
Music Style: I play a quiltwork of stuff, from twangy things that I wouldn't really call country, but it's rooted in it, in part. Elements of
Overall: I don't know if it makes much sense reviewing a pickup, because it just really depends on so many individual things. I can say that I wanted a bridge pickup that wasn't super modern or super high output. I also specifically didn't want a ton of bass. Traditional PAF-type designs weren't working out either, though. And I'd actually wanted to try a Fred for years, just to experience its sort of mid-emphasis quirkiness.So in the end, it worked out a little better than expected with the guitar it's installed in - a dual humbucker Tele partscaster with a 2 pound paulownia body. It would probably be better in one of my singlecut-ish thingies with a 24.75" scale length and more heft to the body. But I've got a Duncan JB in the bridge of my fave of those, with no need to change that. That said, the JB is really overwound, so it isn't big on clean tones.I've also come to the conclusion that I am really a alnico humbucker user, as I just haven't been able to find anything ceramic that will give a good blend of performance for both clean and distorted sounds. I've got a few higher gain amps that I run close to full out for some of what I play, but I've also got pedalboards with my drive boxes going thru different older Fender ___ Reverb amps for stuff that has to do the whole gamut. So again, what I'm trying to get from any given pickup may not apply to most other users.

When you call, mention priority code 161J-C5DV. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976